IGNORED

Anna Duggar Is in labor with baby Michael James

Mamajane

that video made me sick. That house looks like a circus. I would have had an effing stroke if someone had shoved a camera in my face when I was in labor.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Michelle was there. Anyone could have called the Keller grandparents, if they weren't in AR already and the Kellers could have called the sister with whom Suze lives. Don't forget, those five sisters all once lived in the same bedroom in a trailer, and were "close." For that reason, coupled with the "shunning," I can see how she feels hurt and yeah, she might have intentionally posted those updates on FB to intentionally screw over TLC and maybe even her sister. The use of quotes when referring to Anna was telling; their apparent falling out could be part family-related (Anna naming the baby after their father, who shunned Suze) as well as the interference of TLC into the lives of people who probably had little clue about reality TV until Smuggar showed interest in Anna.

Michelle has a definite edge to her. She knows exactly what's up, and I think she's about as cold and calculating as they come.

Jim Bob, I believe is genuinely stupid.

@ Koala, I agree.

I feel sorry for Susanna. She clearly just wants to be part of her family and is just hurt that her sister has chosen the media over her and the rest of the family. I think it was obnoxious for the camera guy to ask her how she felt. I would have said something like, "I'm about to squeeze a human being out of my vag, how the fuck do you think I feel?!". Poor girl. She married an ass.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/06/16/duggars-grandson-born/

Take a look at the screen shot. Give the woman some damn privacy so she can labor in the nude... or at least not have to sit in a birthing tub FULLY CLOTHED!!!

Oh my gosh that looks uncomfortable even for someone not in labor! And don't women in labor often want nothing touching them? I think I've heard of some not even wanting their husbands touching them.

She really has the cheery acceptance down. I hope she's as okay with it as she appears just for her sake. On the other hand, I *don't* blame Suze for being upset. Having your parents cut you out would be bad enough so I can see having your sister put TLC above sibling relationships putting anyone over the edge.

Who wants to bet that J was really for JimBoob? And M is obviously for Michelle. The Keller family must feel so left out.

Was it me or did anyone else detect a bit of resentment in Michelle? I'd like to say she was just annoyed at having cameras around while her DIL was in labor, but I suspect it might have been because for once, she wasn't the one giving birth. Anna seems to have a relatively easy time with pregnancy and labor. Maybe Michelle's afraid she'll surpass 19 some day. But if she does, she'll most likely end up with the same problems Michelle is having now. If ever a body was screaming "STOP!" it's Michelle's.

I wondered about herbs she said she was boiling for after the baby was born. Is that just a hygiene thing or a relaxation thing? I wondered if it might be because they observe the Biblical bathing/purity rules on birthing.

I wondered about herbs she said she was boiling for after the baby was born. Is that just a hygiene thing or a relaxation thing? I wondered if it might be because they observe the Biblical bathing/purity rules on birthing.

I was just thinking the same thing.... wouldn't that open her up to infection? Are you allowed to take a bath at all (instead of a shower) right after giving birth? I had a c-section so I don't know personally the ins & outs of vaginal birth but I would think with your cervix open, everything stretched out, and possibly torn/stiched up, you'd be asking for some kind of infection to sit in a tub full of herbs even if they're boiled first... can someone who had a vaginal birth chime in?

My midwife sent me home from the birth center with a sitz bath and said if things got a bit achey, to soak in a bath of comfrey and lavender.

(edit for clarity - soak in the bathtub with the comfrey & lavender, not use it in the sitz bath)

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/josh-anna-duggar-welcome-son-michael-james--3179

Name has been released. I hope Suze wasn't the leak because I don't want her to get in trouble with her family/Duggars.

Doesn't matter. She's already shunned by her parents for daring to live like a normal young adult and her facebook postings w/r/t Anna exhibit extreme rancor (she referred to Anna as her "sister"). I think she relished breaking the news about the name, whether she knew it was a secret or not (likely had to hear from Rebekah, who is probably still in touch with at least one of the fundie sisters left in the fold...although another one was also in labor, so that leaves a younger brother sneaking a phone call, or Priscilla, whom I could never see even chewing a fingernail if she thought God would disapprove. It appears the parents don't approve of Rebekah supporting Suze's lifestyle, so I doubt there was a mom/daughter talk involved there.

Honestly, I think Suz's being a total bitch to Anna. What kind of shitty influences has she fallen under since leaving Gothardism to be so rude to her sister when she's just given birth??

For sure, seems a little bitchy, but I guess we don't know what's really going on behind closed doors with that fam. We only know that Suz & her brother were being shunned. I'm assuming that would be a very traumatic experience. Who knows how Anna is treating Suz. Airing dirty laundry is distasteful at best, but I'll cut her slack. It may be one of the only ways for Suz to voice her pain & frustration about the whole situation.

Okay, at this point I am feeling sorry for Anna. I don't think as a young, completely innocent young adult that she had any idea what being married to a tv personality was actually like. I think she assumed they would get press coverage when they wanted, and be alone when they didn't. Michelle knowing the sex of the baby before Anna totally creeps me out. I feel like it is the Duggar originals taking parental control over their kids all over again when, as a married couple, they should be able to make their own decisions. I wonder what those damn kids will do when their parents die.

Suze- distasteful, yes. But i have seen much worse posted on facebook. I can also understand her being hurt over not hearing the news first before the entire world. Talk about selling out....

Okay, at this point I am feeling sorry for Anna. I don't think as a young, completely innocent young adult that she had any idea what being married to a tv personality was actually like. I think she assumed they would get press coverage when they wanted, and be alone when they didn't. Michelle knowing the sex of the baby before Anna totally creeps me out. I feel like it is the Duggar originals taking parental control over their kids all over again when, as a married couple, they should be able to make their own decisions. I wonder what those damn kids will do when their parents die.

Suze- distasteful, yes. But i have seen much worse posted on facebook. I can also understand her being hurt over not hearing the news first before the entire world. Talk about selling out....

Maybe Anna is enjoying the ride. I know a woman whose only child married young. The woman never had much, but she was an excellent mother and showed a lot of love to her daughter. When the daughter married, she did everything with her inlaws who had money. They went on trips together, they were together every weekend, her mother-in-law always had the grandchildren, etc. The girl's mother hardly ever got to see her daughter or grandchildren and she was heartbroken about it. Her daughter went where the money was and did things with her inlaws that she never got to do growing up. The mother is now in a nursing home and the daughter doesn't even visit her. It's very sad. Maybe Anna is going where the money is and is getting to do things that she would have never gotten to do otherwise.

Um....nevermind. I am pontificating like a Duggar and really saying nothing, like a Duggar,

My favorite memories of my parents were not at disneyworld (though they took me several times). They are my mother giving us pots and pans to play on the floor, jumping in piles of leaves, and my dad singing "wake up wake up! WhereEVER you are, and meet the young lady who fell from a star... she fell from the sky, she fell very far, and Kansas she said is the name of her star... Kansas she said is the name of her star".

THAT is a father. He still sings it though i am in school and wake up properly. nobody in my house loves the wizard of oz like i do, and he knows that. get to know your grandkids.

I wish the best for Anna and Josh and their kids, but I have to say I am in Camp Suze. The baby is sweet and Mackynzie is adorable. This was posted on her facebook page in early May. Looks like Suze was invited to a baby shower for Anna and Sean was going to fly them to Arkansas, but Anna nixed the plan so Suze didn't get to go.

05 May Just found out I get to see my Mama and sister Anna in two weeks :) YAY!!!

05 May at 21:53 · LikeUnlike.Susanna Keller Sean is flying us out to AR for Anna's baby shower!

06 May at 12:55 · LikeUnlike.Susanna Keller actually my sister screwed me over... Not gunna get to go.

I wish the best for Anna and Josh and their kids, but I have to say I am in Camp Suze. The baby is sweet and Mackynzie is adorable. This was posted on her facebook page in early May. Looks like Suze was invited to a baby shower for Anna and Sean was going to fly them to Arkansas, but Anna nixed the plan so Suze didn't get to go.

Aww! :( I wondered why "'sister'" was in quotes when she announced Anna was in labor. Looks like she's really getting put through the wringer for wanting to be her own person. I'm firmly part of Team Suze.

ETA - Are any of you FB friends with her? I was able to see her wall the other day, but now I can't.

05 May Just found out I get to see my Mama and sister Anna in two weeks :) YAY!!!

05 May at 21:53 · LikeUnlike.Susanna Keller Sean is flying us out to AR for Anna's baby shower!

06 May at 12:55 · LikeUnlike.Susanna Keller actually my sister screwed me over... Not gunna get to go.

Wow, Anna is quite the little bitch. (yeah, big news huh?)

ETA - Are any of you FB friends with her? I was able to see her wall the other day, but now I can't.

I am. She was accepting a lot of people a month ago or so. Her BIL posted to get rid of ppl she doesn't know so not sure for how long. She seems like a nice girl who's just figuring out her life. I wish her well.

Suze's FB wall is scrubbed of all the posts she made over the last few days. They disappeared from my wall yesterday. Looks like TLC got up in her grill and forced her to cease and desist or face consequences.

Honestly, I think Suz's being a total bitch to Anna. What kind of shitty influences has she fallen under since leaving Gothardism to be so rude to her sister when she's just given birth??

Suze is living with that "shitty influence" Rebekah, the sister who has left Gothard but remains a conservative, apparently live and let live Christian. Good for them both!

I knew Suze hadn't attended the shower, but someone at DWOP posted that Rebekah also didn't get to go. Anyone FB friends with her (I never tried)? I can totally see the mother nixing her as well, since she tacitly "approves" of Suze's new life as an independent young woman by not restricting her in any severe way, allowing her to make her own mistakes as she grows up in the world outside Gothard.

And yes, she's the one who stayed with Smuggar and Anna the summer before Anna had Mack. She'd already cut her hair at that point and I wonder if the senior Kellers sent her there in hopes that she'd straighten up and fly right (ie. not rebel against Gothard by watching her beloved sister prepare for her first blessing). We see how well that turned out.

Team Suze, Daniel/Candice and Rebekah/husband! Anna has sold them out for the pieces of silver. No matter what Anna thinks, she has to toe the DUGGAR line now in order for those cushy paychecks to keep rolling in. There's a picture circulating the interwebs including the whole Smuggar family. Mack is in a brand new Summer 2011 edition Carter's dress. So much for all that buying used; she could be borrowing from her aunts (although Jennifer could theoretically be handing her clothes down to Jordyn....except Jordyn got a slew of new stuff because by the time she was born, the series was in full swing...Jenny's birth was still a "special"). And of course, we know the Duggar faithful are sending stuff for Josiecat right and left, so that kid will never wear a hand-me-down for many, many years, if ever.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived