IGNORED

Anna Duggar Is in labor with baby Michael James

Mamajane

I have to say, I posted immediately SIMPLY because in the weeks BEFORE my son was born, i was berated with phone calls at all times of the time of day and night "did you have the baby yet?". And when in a fit of rage after a week of this and it wasn't even my DUE DATE YET, I turned my phone off, unplugged the computer AND the house phone, the calls rolled into my husband's cell phone. "Nobody's answering and she hasn't been online in 15 minutes! is she in labor?!?!?!?!" .

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand the awkward. My brother married one of my good friends, who happens to have the same name as me. Problem is, I've decided to stick with my maiden name instead of changing it to my husbands. She changed her's.

We have solved this problem by saying I am (name) Original Flavor and she is (name) Irish Cream.

(I have also been informed that any children I have have to have a J name as their middle name. My husband wants to carry on the the tradition from his family. It eeks me out a bit, mostly because I don't like J names that much!)

Lol...I don't like to be told what to do either! When we announced our pregnancy, my in laws sort of jokingly said we had to give our kid a name that started with J (FIL is Jack) or S (MIL is Suzette) as they did with their kids.

J names were totally out of the question, because every boy I've ever known with a J name is/was a handful. And although both my hubby and I have names that start with S, just wasn't going to go there.

So we have Christopher:)

Come on, people complain that Kynzie is too Kreative and now Michael is too boring?? Anna can't win! I do think it's a bit odd to have the two extremes (super boring generic name and super trendy kreative name) in the same family. But a lot of people give boys more traditional names and get crazy with the girls for some reason.

Our family will be like that name wise. Our boys will have family names that sound a bit odd to many people I've given them to and our girl will have a good Irish Catholic name (also a family name).

On the original topic... Hoping she has a calm and peaceful birth and that Kynzie still gets attention now that they have a boy.

Yeah, I can't get worked up about the name thing. Though it IS an M name, the kid was also clearly named after his grandfathers - and yet another James Duggar would have been a little much. With a J and an M to choose from, they were sort of screwed about breaking out of the box even if they'd wanted to. Also, I have several siblings, and two of them have names that start with M. Two is a coincidence, not a theme. Now, we'll see what they do in the future...

Besides, it's a normal name with a normal spelling. Can't ask for much more than that. Even if they continue with a letter theme, I've now seen so many worse fundie name trends I just can't be bothered about this.

In my niece's elementary school, the boys with ordinary names like Michael and James are the ones that stand out amidst all the boys with names like Easton and Colton and Lachlan.

I thought Michelle's dad was named Garrett and JB's father was Jimmy Lee. Which other grandfather was named Michael? I really did think they'd go for something more tryndee, like Masyn or Malachi or Moishe or whatever. Maybe it's a giant joke and they're really naming the baby Alistair or Aluisious. I can dream.

MissBrooklyn, Anna's dad is Michael.

They could've also gone with an S for Suzette, Anna's mom.

Oh joy. Another identical Duggar baby.

At least it's not coming out of J'Michelle this time.

And to their credit, even if it is a *cringe* theme name, it's not too bad. Michael isn't even all that common these days and it might actually be refreshing in the sea of Aidens, Caidens, Jaydens and Masons. If he were allowed to have contact outside the clan, that is.

Guest Anonymous
Annas sister just posted to facebook that she is in labor along with her other sister Esther shrader. Susanna said they will be naming thier son Michael James....obviously sticking with the m theme!

Wait, so both Anna and her sister are in labour at the same time? I like the name Michael James, good luck to momma and baby :)

I'm not going to hate on Michael James. It's a nice normal name. It's just too bad that it's an M name. Now they are stuck giving each of their subsequent spawn M names, too. I really really doubt they are going to turn around and name their next kid, say, Deborah or something. (Surprise me, Please!)

Anyway, hope she has a calm and uneventful birthing experience.

Hopefully Anna doesn't get herself disowned like her siblings, otherwise poor baby Michael's name with be a sad reminder. :(

TLC has a crawl saying, watch the "Today" show tomorrow for an exclusive Duggar announcement.

Please not another interview that involves exposing a brand new baby to the germs of a film crew and the younger Duggars...

Please not another interview that involves exposing a brand new baby to the germs of a film crew and the younger Duggars...

It must be. Congrats to them but poor baby for being put in the spotlight so early.

It's weird to think that while I was going about my day, she was probably in massive pain, and surrounded by people she's only known a few years and at least one camera. I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine having so little privacy in what should be an intimate time. She's not even 23 yet :(

I like to imagine that this baby will grow up to be the gay lover of Natalie Portman's newborn, half-Jewish, born-out-of-wedlock son.

It must be. Congrats to them but poor baby for being put in the spotlight so early.

Poor Anna having to have a baby and get all dolled up at 6am to make an announcement on national television. Disgusting! For all the homebirth, bonding blah blah they talk about - they really are interrupting mommy/baby time with all these games.

So, the first boy is Michael James. They've now officially named the heir after the patriarchs. I think they are now free to name the rest of the brood whatever they want. I think they break out of the "M" with the next kid.

Speaking of the early spotlight, the Very Special Birthing Episode will air Sunday 6/26. TLC sure didn't waste any time with that announcement, did they?

Funny that Cousin Oliver isn't posting about it on her FB; I guess she's under a gag order until the Today Show segment tomorrow morning (as if it's a big secret what the announcement is). Well, come to think of it, lemmings on the 19 Kids FB page think that Michelle is knocked up, so I guess Barnum was right...there IS a sucker born every minute.

I cant believe (yes I can) that they already have a time slot for the birth. I'm sure we'll learn all about their beliefs regarding circumcision this time around.

I guess everything went smoothly if theyre advertising the today show and the special. Good for Anna. Sorry this is the life she got into!

I don't know about others, but for me the issue with the "J" names with the Duggars (Besides the 'ick - cutesy' factor) has always been that it seemed just another way to deny the children any individual identity.

I don't know about others, but for me the issue with the "J" names with the Duggars (Besides the 'ick - cutesy' factor) has always been that it seemed just another way to deny the children any individual identity.

Even though they call them things that arent always their names "Hannie etc", its just one more thing that idenifies them as part of the tribe. They dress in the same colors, march around in a lock step etc.

Nothing's wrong with Michael, though it's so common -- and both my major relationships were with Michaels so I have a few unfortunate associations with the name -- but oy, the same letter thing? Again?

• Curious locked this topic

Archived