IGNORED

Anna Duggar Is in labor with baby Michael James

Mamajane

Annas sister just posted to facebook that she is in labor along with her other sister Esther shrader. Susanna said they will be naming thier son Michael James....obviously sticking with the m theme!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh good, another Duggar! Just what the world needs! And a boy...poor Mackynzzy: now she becomes Jana II.

Booooring name... But at least they didn't go crazy with the spelling like with Mackynzie.

I love the name michael. Only because its my brothers name lol.....but im glad they didnt spell it Mikhael or something like that lol!

I'm sorry, but when did it become like The Thing to post on Facebook immediately upon learning someone has gone into labor?

I come from a large family and when I went into labor with my daughter I feel like the whole family posted the news on facebook. It irritated me at first but now I realize they were all just so excited for us and couldnt wait to meet the baby!

I'm sorry, but when did it become like The Thing to post on Facebook immediately upon learning someone has gone into labor?

yup thats one for stfu parents blog!

Same letter names bother me, but that's a personal thing I guess. Michael is at least a normal name and there is no creative spelling. Of course, as they pop out more if they use Michelle and/or Michaela (Mikayla?) they'll confuse all the poor kids.

I know about fourteen different Michaels, so I would never choose that name for my kid, but I think it's a nice name.

I've never understood the problem with the same letter name thing. I know lots of families that did that, either intentionally or unintentionally. It's a little cutesy, but it doesn't bother me.

The name is fine; it could certainly be worse. More importantly, is Anna still on the damn bus?

I hope not. Is she having an unassisted home birth or is she using a certified midwife or a doula?

I'm bothered by the same letter thing for personal reasons. My sister's name and mine are just letters apart and are two names that get mixed up often. I was married to someone who, with his first wife who's name starts with the same letter as his, gave both their kids names with that letter as well- and now those kids are doing the same - his son, in fact, married someone with the same name as his daughter. It seems too cheesy to me, not to mention very confusing trying to keep everyone straight. I know people don't marry people or not because of names, but they continued the pattern with their kids. For them, it's J names - the grandkids, not siblings but cousins, are Jack and Jacqueline (Jackie). It's all just too cheesy and weird for me.

Like I said, it's personal.

Normally I don't care about name themes but with Anna it's just annoying because it's obvious she's trying to be a clone of Michelle. She's like a little junior high girl who starts listening to a band because the guy she has a crush on likes them, just to try and get him to like her.

Guest Anonymous

I have to say, I posted immediately SIMPLY because in the weeks BEFORE my son was born, i was berated with phone calls at all times of the time of day and night "did you have the baby yet?". And when in a fit of rage after a week of this and it wasn't even my DUE DATE YET, I turned my phone off, unplugged the computer AND the house phone, the calls rolled into my husband's cell phone. "Nobody's answering and she hasn't been online in 15 minutes! is she in labor?!?!?!?!" .

Once I was in labor and a few people knew via phone (siblings, parents you know how it is), I put something on facebook "I'm in labor DO NOT CALL I WILL NOT ANSWER UNLESS YOU ARE BRIAN, KATE OR MY PARENTS". Nobody called except my best friend who hadn't been on facebook and was calling because my sister called her. :-)

As for the Duggar's 2.0's choice of name, meh, that's my dad's name (Michael). I hope she has an easy delivery. And that Macky-pants doesn't have to be a M-slave to her younger brother.

I'm bothered by the same letter thing for personal reasons. My sister's name and mine are just letters apart and are two names that get mixed up often. I was married to someone who, with his first wife who's name starts with the same letter as his, gave both their kids names with that letter as well- and now those kids are doing the same - his son, in fact, married someone with the same name as his daughter. It seems too cheesy to me, not to mention very confusing trying to keep everyone straight. I know people don't marry people or not because of names, but they continued the pattern with their kids. For them, it's J names - the grandkids, not siblings but cousins, are Jack and Jacqueline (Jackie). It's all just too cheesy and weird for me.

Like I said, it's personal.

I can understand the awkward. My brother married one of my good friends, who happens to have the same name as me. Problem is, I've decided to stick with my maiden name instead of changing it to my husbands. She changed her's.

We have solved this problem by saying I am (name) Original Flavor and she is (name) Irish Cream.

(I have also been informed that any children I have have to have a J name as their middle name. My husband wants to carry on the the tradition from his family. It eeks me out a bit, mostly because I don't like J names that much!)

At least Michael is easy to spell. I will never remember how to spell Mykynzie (that's probably wrong). Though I'm a bit disapointed that she's having a boy, because I fear that even though they may not put all the child raising on their older children, and hopefully you don't, they'd still make a girl do all the cooking and cleaning. I'm hoping they don't make Mykynzie into a little mommy too soon, and now that there's a boy, she doesn't have anyone to share the work with yet. At least they didn't spell his name Meyekhul. I could probably think of a more kreatif way to spell that if I thought about it longer.

How else are we supposed to stalk them ? ;)

Come on, people complain that Kynzie is too Kreative and now Michael is too boring?? Anna can't win! I do think it's a bit odd to have the two extremes (super boring generic name and super trendy kreative name) in the same family. But a lot of people give boys more traditional names and get crazy with the girls for some reason.

How else are we supposed to stalk them ? ;)

HA!! So true. :P

I really like the name Michael, and I'm glad that they seem to be using the original spelling!

Agree with ya....infamous or not, if that were me I wouldn't want anyone posting it until I decided to myself.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived