IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

I can't understand why on earth the Bates/Payne engagement was filmed for the Duggars show--no Duggars were present as far as I can tell.

UNLESS--bear with me here--there will be some sort of "the Duggar Gals explain Goodly Relationships" episode and this footage will be used, since they can't cough up any real life examples of their own.

[its a shame you can't get your publishing act together, ladies, and have it as a book tie in as well!]

They probably filmed it, because the Bates have been on the show, and the can say "see courtship works here is another happy loving fundie couple." It is exactly why the filmed Davey and Pris's wedding.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think weddings are good for ratings (certainly more than dentist visits and overflowing toilets) and allow the Duggars to spread some TLC money around to their friends. I'm already anticipating the last minute snacks, them running late because of 'Duggar Time', a ridiculous pop-up about how much they packed, and the look on Jana's face during the wedding.

They filmed the son's engagement (don't remember his name) for the Duggar's show.

You're thinking of Zach and his first courtship. It was filmed, but for a special that aired on another network, not 19KAC. Zach and Sarah's courtship was never mentioned on 19KAC. He has never been engaged, but will be soon.

You're thinking of Zach and his first courtship. It was filmed, but for a special that aired on another network, not 19KAC. Zach and Sarah's courtship was never mentioned on 19KAC. He has never been engaged, but will be soon.

I could have sworn that they showed footage of Zac's first courtship announcement (to Sarah) on 19KAC. It was on the season 8 episode titled "38 Kids & Counting!"

Edited to add the word first.

hmm ..will Erin play piano for her own wedding? or at the reception?

Why not? Many newlyweds do something special for their spouse on their wedding day. Sing, dance, whatever. But a hopeless romantic Chad is, he most likely has something on his mind for Erin already :D

Whatever, I wish them nothing but happiness. I love to see happy couples.

I could have sworn that they showed footage of Zac's first courtship announcement (to Sarah) on 19KAC. It was on the season 8 episode titled "38 Kids & Counting!"

Yes, I'm sure it was too. The Duggars went to visit the Bates, and they advertised it as "Zach Bates makes a special announcement". Everyone said how happy they were for them; "they make a great couple". And at the end, when they were saying goodbye, either Jimbob or Gil insisted that "girls hug girls and boys hug boys". I guess that was to help Zach; that if he felt he shouldn't hug Sarah yet, it might cause him to stumble if he got hugs from Jana, Jill, etc. On that note, I don't think we've ever seen Gil hug Michelle or Jimbob hug Kelly; they just shake hands if anything.

Edited to add the word first.

hmm ..will Erin play piano for her own wedding? or at the reception?

I hope so. Better than having a mass of howlers screech on violins.

I still don't get that.

Will Boob be asked to give a speech/blessing like he did for D&P?

I would much rather hear Gil give the special blessing! and yes,I hope no screechy Duggar violins as well.The Bates seem to be better on those.They actually have rhythmn and harmony.

I wonder if Chad can sing or play an instrument?

Will Chad sing to Erin at the wedding like Smuggar did to Anna?

I really want this wedding to be live streamed. That would be fun to watch.

I don't see how it's a problem if both the people involved are happy. There isn't really a 'right' way to get engaged. The one thing I strongly believe is that both people should be on the same page, and should have discussed marriage and future plans beforehand. After that, whether you want the actual engagement to be a complete surprise, leave elements of it as a surprise, or just not bother with it at all, it doesn't really matter.

Some people expect everyone to hate every single members of the fundiehood. Just because Erin's parents are ignorant and dumb hillbillies with KKK members' pictures in their house, they expect everyone on the back of the Earth hating all of their adult children (the small ones are ok until they turn 18 from which on they must be hated too).

Anything their children do, sucks. Their love is arranged. Their happiness is fake. They are condemned to be dissed by hardcore fundie haters, having no slack cut, given no chance to show that they can change and it's not their fault that they were born to ignorant bastards.

No matter how much they change, how much baby steps they take towards a normal, hate-free life which, comparing to what they had grown up in, is a huge accomplishment, adult fundie children MUST be hated. The hate is based on the things they were expected or forced to say by their parents, and the lack of education which is not their fault, and no matter how hard they are trying to be slowly liberated, which might take generations to achieve, they must be dissed and made fun of.

I am not willing to tow this party line, no matter how hip, cool, hardcore it is to diss people and look down on them, based on their parents' ignorance and their petty upbringing that caused them to be dumb slaves, no, some people just can't fight the urge to give these fundie descendants a hard time. Because it's cool to talk to unfortunate people from a high horse instead of giving them a chance. :disgust:

There's nothing in the world that beats the coolness of oppressed adults that are yet to set themselves free from fundiehood, only to face hatred, ridicule and the usual party line: "they are fucked, they don't stand a chance".

I just hope that some people are really proud of themselves. Is that the kind of tolerance we preach? Pushing back youngsters that are trying to break upwardly? Nice!

No matter how much they change, how much baby steps they take towards a normal, hate-free life which, comparing to what they had grown up in, is a huge accomplishment, adult fundie children MUST be hated. The hate is based on the things they were expected or forced to say by their parents, and the lack of education which is not their fault, and no matter how hard they are trying to be slowly liberated, which might take generations to achieve, they must be dissed and made fun of.

How are they changing? What baby steps are they taking? How are they trying to be liberated? Everything that Erin and Chad have done so far has been done at their parents urging. And the parents can't even look back and say, we recommend these things because they worked for us, because the parents didn't have to grow up like this. I have no reason to believe that Erin and Chad's happiness is fake, but then again I don't actually care one way or another. They'll either join the ranks of all the millions of American couples who are happily married, or the millions of couples who are miserable together.

The most distinct things that I remember about Erin are her squeaky baby voice and her horror at the idea that she might have to sit next to a boy with green hair at school :roll: And she was an adult when she said it. It's not fair to say that Erin and Chad are fucked, that they can't ever change, but I see no evidence that they are trying to. I don't know why they would even want to, especially if they are genuinely happy together.

I just hope that some people are really proud of themselves. Is that the kind of tolerance we preach? Pushing back youngsters that are trying to break upwardly? Nice!

How is anyone pushing them back? Has anyone even contacted them or said a single word to them about anything? I think it's too early to tell if Erin and Chad are trying to "break upwardly" in any way.

I think right now they aren't able to or feel they can't show any independence from their parents. Hopefully once they're married and not under their parents' authority they can be themselves.

I'm just not hopeful that Erin and Chad will break away. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. I don't think anyone here hates the adult children of fundies, we're just not as optimistic about their futures. I've been here for over three years, the only times I've ever seen fundies break away was when a fundie son would marry a fundie lite(or just plain Christian) girl. Couples like Erin and Chad become just like their parents.

I'm just not hopeful that Erin and Chad will break away. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. I don't think anyone here hates the adult children of fundies, we're just not as optimistic about their futures. I've been here for over three years, the only times I've ever seen fundies break away was when a fundie son would marry a fundie lite(or just plain Christian) girl. Couples like Erin and Chad become just like their parents.

Like the Wissman sons. Their wives don't seem to necessarily fit the excessive fundie mold, yet they seem to get along with the family. I wish we knew more about them. Someone once gave insights but left here. They kind of fascinate me and were some of the first fundies I followed. And the Gradys.

Andrew Wissman is married to Kori, who not fundie at all. She works outside of the home, she dresses like a normal person(she wore a short dress to Rachel's wedding) and they have no children after 3(?) years of marriage(I won't speculate as to why, they could have fertility problems for all we know).

Josiah Wissman is married to Abi Reith. They have two children so far. I think the Reith family is fundie, but I don't know much about them.

The sad thing is the sons are allowed to marry whoever they want, but a girl could never marry a male version of Kori(Interestingly, Kelly Crawford wrote a post saying parents need to encourage their sons to marry godly women). I think they believe the sons can mold their wives into the perfect fundie wives.

The Reirh family don't appear to be as fundie as the Wissmans. All the girls wear pants. Im not sure about one of the girls though. If I'm not getting the families mixed up I think a Reith girl married the oldest Grady boy. He seemed like a controlling person to me but I'm only getting that vibe from what was said in Ma Grady's blog before it went private.

Yep, Aaron Grady is married to Anna Reith. What made him seem controlling?

Don't remember exactly, just seemed like a type-a personality I guess. I liked their blog and I could have taken it completely wrong. They are definitely fundy but had fun as a family and lots of friends. Kids are allowed to work etc.

Andrew Wissman is married to Kori, who not fundie at all. She works outside of the home, she dresses like a normal person(she wore a short dress to Rachel's wedding) and they have no children after 3(?) years of marriage(I won't speculate as to why, they could have fertility problems for all we know).

Josiah Wissman is married to Abi Reith. They have two children so far. I think the Reith family is fundie, but I don't know much about them.

The sad thing is the sons are allowed to marry whoever they want, but a girl could never marry a male version of Kori(Interestingly, Kelly Crawford wrote a post saying parents need to encourage their sons to marry godly women). I think they believe the sons can mold their wives into the perfect fundie wives.

Yes!

They aren't all "fucked", that was my point, thank you for elaborating. I can't make people see if they decide they'll never let go of their hate, and it's not my job either.

Regular people can turn into fundies, like JB and M.

Fundie children can turn out to be worldly, fun and happy, like that Daniel Keller boy. They have a great little family.

I'm done explaining myself.

I just wonder how enamored Erin is going to be once she pops out several babies in a row, and doesn't have time to curl her hair or play the piano anymore because she is too exhausted.

I think even after many baby she will make time to look good. She seem to be that her appearance is important to her and I think she always be like that.

Archived