IGNORED

The Royal Baby Is Here! It's a BOY!

ljohnson2006

Can you imagine the Royal Conniption Elizabeth would have if they'd tried to sell the first photos? Pretty sure she'd teach William the true meaning of annus horribilis were he to try such a stunt.

Actual LOL at the thought.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was wrong? I never noticed.

Ah yeah. See it now :lol: Well she seemed to be fiddling with the child after he was in the car. Hopefully she fixed his arms. Maybe just wanted him wrapped up while outside.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I get that with all the security around them the odds of them being in an accident on the way home are pretty slim, but still...

I'm sure it was just done too quickly so they could get out of there and away from the bazillion cameras.

Plus, if they had unwrapped him, a few thousand cats would be dressed in his going home outfit tomorrow. They were sparing the cats of all the insane women at the What Kate Wore site who are, as we speak, wearing their maternity dresses to match hers--even though they are not pregnant--and trying to figure out exactly what kind of car seat that was so they can buy the same one for the babies it would seem they do not have.

I'm sure it was just done too quickly so they could get out of there and away from the bazillion cameras.

Plus, if they had unwrapped him, a few thousand cats would be dressed in his going home outfit tomorrow. They were sparing the cats of all the insane women at the What Kate Wore site who are, as we speak, wearing their maternity dresses to match hers--even though they are not pregnant--and trying to figure out exactly what kind of car seat that was so they can buy the same one for the babies it would seem they do not have.

Even if they adjusted things so his arms were through the restraints, I've been told you put the baby in the car seat without any blankets or coats/outer clothing, then cover the baby with a blanket on top of the restraints. In a crash the fabric can compress, in which case the restraints aren't tight enough and the baby can slip out (or in a bad crash be thrown out) of the car seat.

The straps that are supposed to go over the baby's shoulders didn't. They were loose not snug and one wasn't even over the baby but behind him. The poor thing was tilted in the seat and the strap between the legs didn't look right to me either. At least they only had a couple of miles to go. I feel for the new parents though as it isn't easy at first and definitely not with an audience. They tried to strap in a child wrapped in a swaddling blanket and that is nearly impossible to completely impossible to do properly.

It was in several news articles that she didn't have a section. She must not have had stitches or not many either. Or maybe as someone else said some good painkillers.

Even with good painkillers, I could not have skipped down the stairs after my abdominal surgery.

Heck, that soon after my abdominal surgery, even with the best painkillers the hospital had to offer, I couldn't even walk down the stairs.

From the way she bounced down the steps, she most definitely did NOT have a C-section.

She also wouldn't have been leaving the hospital so soon.

Why would people think she had a c-section? I agree she probably didn't have a ton of stitches as she was walking pretty normally. Although with my one non c section birth we left the hospital less than 24 hours later and stopped off to visit my grandparents on the way home, and I had an obscene amount of tearing/stitches. Definitely couldn't have done that after a section!

I really liked that she didn't seem to mind that she naturally still looked pregnant. That showed a lot of self confidence IMHO

I must say, Kate looked terrific in her little blue dress when they were leaving the hospital. Didn't really notice a sign of a tummy at all.

After my son was born, I'd lay on my side on the bed and couldn't help but notice the way my stomach would just kind of lay there next to me like a warm, furry pet.

I didn't tear with either of my births, but was quite swollen "down there" with the first (nothing with the second), so ibuprofen was my friend. I'm sure she's on good meds, stitches or not, and there is no way they would have released her if she'd had a c-section. I hope she had a good birth experience -- it changes you forever to see what your own body can do and the look on her face was one of "I can't believe I just did that!", forever changed. And we all know what's going on "down there" right now, so to put on a pretty dress while swollen and bleeding from "down there" and wear heels and flash some smiles that are being sent all around the world, well, good for her. Now someone give that girl a nap and wait on her hand and foot as she heals and learns what to do with those boobs (whether she nurses or not).

I must say, Kate looked terrific in her little blue dress when they were leaving the hospital. Didn't really notice a sign of a tummy at all.

After my son was born, I'd lay on my side on the bed and couldn't help but notice the way my stomach would just kind of lay there next to me like a warm, furry pet.

Kate did have a bump; but looked very pretty and happy in her blue polka dot dress!

I was there outside the hospital when baby Cambridge made his first public appearance. On the spur of the moment I decided to pop over after work, in the off-chance that it would happen while I was there, and (after a bit of a wait) it did. :D

Yes, Kate was fiddling with the baby seat in the car as they drove along the little road in front of the hospital wing. I saw it as they went past my bit of the crowd.

Kate did have a bump; but looked very pretty and happy in her blue polka dot dress!

I must have missed that - I saw a pic of her in it, but I think the pic I saw was cropped from the waist up.

For names, I kind of prefer Leopold, but think the kid will probably be named after one or more of the men in his family.

Yes, Kate was fiddling with the baby seat in the car as they drove along the little road in front of the hospital wing. I saw it as they went past my bit of the crowd.

That's good to hear. Maybe they wanted to keep him covered because of the crowd but not obscure him completely.

I'm so glad you got to see them leave In person. :)

The British Royal Family have traditionally been Roundheads [circumcised]. The practice seems to have been instituted by Queen Victoria, partly out of a prevailing 19th-century gush of British Israelism (the belief that the House of what-would-become Windsor is directly descended from the line of King David), as well as the widespread belief that circumcision would discourage masturbation. (Gentlemen, please let us know in the comments if you’ve found this to be the case.) From there, the unkindest cut—or kindest, depending on your point of view—trickled into the British upper classes until petering out in the mid 1950s. Queen Elizabeth, however, proudly continued the covenant of her Hanoverian ancestress, having each of her three sons, including the Prince of Wales, circumcised not by the royal physician, but by Rabbi Jacob Snowman, the official mohel of London’s Jewish community. From what I understand from my British relatives, he did good work.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/111393/the-crown-jew

So, the Royals are descended from the House of David, and have fake brisses. What's next, a royal (fake) bar mitzvah?

I accidentally posted this in Chatter, so this is a cross-post.

Every time I hear about a new baby I sort of envy the young mother. I had my last baby about 32 years ago epidurals here.....oh no....perhaps now a days it occasionaly happens but it is not exactly standard policy.

But even after a 34 hrs and a 2.5 hrs delivery, they were the happiest days of my life and if I could do something over again in my life, it would be having babies.

Are there more old, silly bats like me (64 yrs) who have the same feelings?

I didn't tear with either of my births, but was quite swollen "down there" with the first (nothing with the second), so ibuprofen was my friend. I'm sure she's on good meds, stitches or not, and there is no way they would have released her if she'd had a c-section. I hope she had a good birth experience -- it changes you forever to see what your own body can do and the look on her face was one of "I can't believe I just did that!", forever changed. And we all know what's going on "down there" right now, so to put on a pretty dress while swollen and bleeding from "down there" and wear heels and flash some smiles that are being sent all around the world, well, good for her. Now someone give that girl a nap and wait on her hand and foot as she heals and learns what to do with those boobs (whether she nurses or not).

Latest news is that Will, Kate and Prince of Cambridge are at Granny and Grandad Middleton. It seems that William is wanting to make sure his son has as much of a normal life as possible given his birth.

Every time I hear about a new baby I sort of envy the young mother. I had my last baby about 32 years ago epidurals here.....oh no....perhaps now a days it occasionaly happens but it is not exactly standard policy.

But even after a 34 hrs and a 2.5 hrs delivery, they were the happiest days of my life and if I could do something over again in my life, it would be having babies.

Are there more old, silly bats like me (64 yrs) who have the same feelings?

55 here, and I can fully empathise with your feelings. I had two, one via C-section and one VBAC, and I would do it over in a heartbeat. In fact, I sometimes wish I'd gone for a third--DH wanted to, but I said no as I didn't think I could handle caring for one more. Looking back, I know I could have done it.

Loved Kate's dress, and how she didn't mind that everyone could see she still has a bit of a bump. Most celebs would do everything they could to hide that fact.

When I watched the coverage yesterday of the Prince, Duchess and baby Prince exiting the hospital looking extremely happy and fresh; I couldn't help but think of how much of the common stresses of going home with a new baby are removed for them. Clearly, she was showered and her hair washed/blow dried pretty, her dress, pressed as his shirt and trousers. They will drive to their spacious, clean, air conditioned apartment; nursery complete and well stocked and probably fridge filled with their favorites. No concerns with the hum-drum of do we have enough burp cloths, is the laundry done or what's for dinner? How beautiful that must be in the first weeks of being new parents (I, truly, am happy for them!)! Ahhh...the advantages of being royal!!!

55 here, and I can fully empathise with your feelings. I had two, one via C-section and one VBAC, and I would do it over in a heartbeat. In fact, I sometimes wish I'd gone for a third--DH wanted to, but I said no as I didn't think I could handle caring for one more. Looking back, I know I could have done it.

Loved Kate's dress, and how she didn't mind that everyone could see she still has a bit of a bump. Most celebs would do everything they could to hide that fact.

I gave birth to 4 , 3 by csection, and have a bonus 4 and I still sometimes wish I'd had a few more! No surprise I was drawn to the Duggars show initially. I like big families. Although I do recall being completely overwhelmed at times.

When I watched the coverage yesterday of the Prince, Duchess and baby Prince exiting the hospital looking extremely happy and fresh; I couldn't help but think of how much of the common stresses of going home with a new baby are removed for them. Clearly, she was showered and her hair washed/blow dried pretty, her dress, pressed as his shirt and trousers. They will drive to their spacious, clean, air conditioned apartment; nursery complete and well stocked and probably fridge filled with their favorites. No concerns with the hum-drum of do we have enough burp cloths, is the laundry done or what's for dinner? How beautiful that must be in the first weeks of being new parents (I, truly, am happy for them!)! Ahhh...the advantages of being royal!!!

And the disadvantages....they cannot even fart without someone noticing and informing the press 'bout it. I'd rather have my fridge unfilled and the nursery not ready yet... :(

My kids are 13.5 and 11 and I would totally do pregnancy and childbirth all over again. The toddler years? Not so much...

spacious, clean, air conditioned apartment;

Actually no which is probably why they are supposedly at the Middletons. It's a rather small and dinky two bedroom cottage with ceilings so low William has to watch to not bump his head. It has no air conditioning which is why Kate reportedly went to her parents' house during the heat wave. She bought dozens of candles and air fresheners when they first moved in because the place was so musty. It may be on palace grounds but all the buildings are old and built to centuries old standards.

Actually no which is probably why they are supposedly at the Middletons. It's a rather small and dinky two bedroom cottage with ceilings so low William has to watch to not bump his head. It has no air conditioning which is why Kate reportedly went to her parents' house during the heat wave. She bought dozens of candles and air fresheners when they first moved in because the place was so musty. It may be on palace grounds but all the buildings are old and built to centuries old standards.

Even the royals can't get contractors to finish on time. :) Their renovated Kensington Palace home (formerly occupied by Princess Margaret and her family) isn't finished yet.

Archived