IGNORED

The Royal Baby Is Here! It's a BOY!

ljohnson2006

Didn't Kate look well! 24 hours post birth I looked like shit.

So did I, but I'm guessing neither one of us had a hair dresser with us (apparently the Royal Hairdresser, whoever that is, was seen going in early on today). I thought at some points her smile looked a little forced. As I recall, on day 1/2 all I could do when I walked or sat down was say "ow" so I imagine it's not easy to smile constantly - unless she's on some super-magical Royal Drugs.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda ot but for any royal watchers - where's Great Aunt Sarah these days? Still cowering after boozily attempting to sell off access to Prince Andrew?

and on with the baby chat

It seems kind of backwards that the british people put up with a group of people living extravagantly off of their taxes and pretending like they rule the country. Will they have a moment where its "off with their heads"?

We already did. Been there, and got the T-shirt when we decapitated Charles I in 1649

The following eleven years proved so awful we invited his son to come back in 1660, and we've been a monarchy ever since.

Kinda ot but for any royal watchers - where's Great Aunt Sarah these days? Still cowering after boozily attempting to sell off access to Prince Andrew?

and on with the baby chat

Yes, it seems so. Incidentally, today would have been their 27th wedding anniversary. She maintains that she wishes they'd never divorced and would like to rekindle the relationship.

Yes, it seems so. Incidentally, today would have been their 27th wedding anniversary. She maintains that she wishes they'd never divorced and would like to rekindle the relationship.

I think what she'd like to rekindle is the money, the status, and the life of luxury, actually.

I always thought there was a possibility they would. They seemed friendly enough in public after their divorce and they never either of them remarried.

They actually share the same house while in the UK, as best as I can find out....maybe they're ex's with benefits. Ah, the good old days when the previous generation was mired in toe sucking and phone sex scandals (Camilla/Squidgy Gate). The Queen must have been so proud.

She's already out and about. I have no idea how much belly remains after a fresh birth but hers looks like it could contain another baby! She looked less pregnant while she was pregnant. Also, was it a natural birth or a c-section. Yes sir, I have googled it! Nothing, only gajillions of unrelated comments. Does anyone know? Thanks!

She's already out and about. I have no idea how much belly remains after a fresh birth but hers looks like it could contain another baby! She looked less pregnant while she was pregnant. Also, was it a natural birth or a c-section. Yes sir, I have googled it! Nothing, only gajillions of unrelated comments. Does anyone know? Thanks!

It wasn't a c-section. Residual belly is completely normal 24 hours after delivery. It takes a while for all that stretch to go down (3 years out from my last I still have a belly!). She's also tiny but had a big baby so she stretched a lot!

She had such a teeny tiny belly while she was in her 3rd trimester that everytime she wore a coat, you had to really look for that belly to see it. She'll she it I guess but still, curious. Thanks for the answer! I really did my part in googling. I shoulda come here first : )

She had such a teeny tiny belly while she was in her 3rd trimester that everytime she wore a coat, you had to really look for that belly to see it. She'll she it I guess but still, curious. Thanks for the answer! I really did my part in googling. I shoulda come here first : )

It takes some time for the uterus to shrink back to it's normal size, too. She chose to wear the dress she did, so I'm thinking that implies she feels good in it. Diana wore huge tent dresses on the steps of St. Mary's with each of her babies (which was more fashionable at the time, anyway). Kate is athletic and will be back in shape in no time without having to do much. She's young, fit, and if she chooses to nurse, she'll burn calories like crazy.

I just want her to have a nap. She looks tired.

I don't know about any of you, but in addition to the pregnant belly after birth I got horribly swollen ankles and feet - probably about 2 days after birth. Good thing they rushed her out while she could still fit into the heels.

Besides fabulous, stunning... she does look tired naturally. Why the rush? Why didn't they spend more time in the hospital? They can afford it... some privacy, alone with just the close family, a few days only with dad... why all that rush? Why do they expect a woman just out of labor parading around? Poor thing. I would have wanted to whisk her away... I mean, J Lo got 6 million dollars for her baby photos, why didn't they take their time out and sell the photos after a few weeks? Mama needs some rest. A lot of rest. And dragging her out of a hospital where she had all the comfort she needed, I have no words. Still, she looked like a star!

I don't know about any of you, but in addition to the pregnant belly after birth I got horribly swollen ankles and feet - probably about 2 days after birth. Good thing they rushed her out while she could still fit into the heels.

I don't even... heels for a post-partum mom, really? Grrrr.... They should have whisked her home in her jammies in secret. She has plenty of occasions to look fab.

Remember, she's not going home in the same sense you or I would - there'll be plenty of staff to help out. I would also imagine that the entire hospital had to shut down yesterday/today (not all of it is a private hospital).

ETA I couldn't wait to get the heck out of the hospital after my kids were born. I had a private room, the nurses were nice etc, but a hospital is a hospital. I wanted my own bed.

Besides fabulous, stunning... she does look tired naturally. Why the rush? Why didn't they spend more time in the hospital? They can afford it... some privacy, alone with just the close family, a few days only with dad... why all that rush? Why do they expect a woman just out of labor parading around? Poor thing. I would have wanted to whisk her away... I mean, J Lo got 6 million dollars for her baby photos, why didn't they take their time out and sell the photos after a few weeks? Mama needs some rest. A lot of rest. And dragging her out of a hospital where she had all the comfort she needed, I have no words. Still, she looked like a star!

:lol:

Could be because like most folks she feels like the privacy of her own home. You know where her and her husband can be alone without all the hospital staff. I really could not wait to show my pride and joy off to anybody who wanted to see her. Don't suppose she is any different, well except she gets the whole world to go ooh and ah.

Kind of pretty sure they don't need the money by selling pictures. :doh:

I think they leave quickly because it is such a disruption for the hospital staff and other patients to have them there. Just think of the noise and chaos of the press and others in the street. Plus security outside and inside.

And they can certainly get medical staff to come to them as needed.

There are people whining on royal watcher sites about how she just didn't look as good as Diana on the hospital steps. I feel so sorry for her sometimes. She is never going to be good enough for the Diana worshipers.

They would never be allowed to sell photos. That is just not how the Royal Family operates.

I would have still tried to sell these pics just to see how much they are worth. : ) I hope they'll have more privacy in their homes which is always full of visitors, events, and servants walking around. I dunno. I'm glad I'm not a princess sometimes, honestly...

Those coats were masters of disguise for the bump. In the few empire dresses Kate wore while pregnant the bump began really standing out. I was predicting an 8 pounder based on the bump in June. That's when we thought it was only a month to go. I as a little surprised she picked a dress that would emphasize the bump but then thought good for her both for being confident in it and for letting other women know it's OK. I'm sure they are thinking about finally letting all the news crews go home and letting the hospital get back to normal along with it seems kind of standard at that hospital to let moms and babies go home 24 hours or so after birth. A lot of birthing centers send newborns home within hours. I do hate it for both of them that she had to get her hair and make up done and then go out for photos on the way home. At least it's done and they can be comfortable with the new little one now.

I hope someone teaches them how to properly put an infant in a car seat though.

I would have still tried to sell these pics just to see how much they are worth. : ) I hope they'll have more privacy in their homes which is always full of visitors, events, and servants walking around. I dunno. I'm glad I'm not a princess sometimes, honestly...

They don't have a full staff at home, yet. Just a housekeeper. They are currently in a small two bedroom cottage on the grounds at Kensington Palace where they are likely to have as much privacy as they want. No events in their cottage. None in the private apartments at Kensington Palace proper, either, for that matter.

William would have gotten a serious smack down from his granny if they had shopped photos.

I hope someone teaches them how to properly put an infant in a car seat though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I get that with all the security around them the odds of them being in an accident on the way home are pretty slim, but still...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I get that with all the security around them the odds of them being in an accident on the way home are pretty slim, but still...

What was wrong? I never noticed.

I bet you never had a hairdresser and make-up person on hand, nor did you have a wide selection of dresses chosen for you. :wink-kitty:

I have a friend who (after the epidural kicked in) put on full make up, did her hair and posted a million pictures on Facebook of herself in labor and then holding the newborn :lol: every single comment was about how glamorous she looked, hardly a mention of the baby at all. It was pretty funny, especially because she isn't generally the full on make-up type. She seriously looked better than in her wedding photos. It was definitely bizarre.

I personally looked like something the cat dragged in and then rejected after giving birth.

Archived