IGNORED

The Royal Baby Is Here! It's a BOY!

ljohnson2006

Any guesses on what William and Kate will name him? I'm glad it's going to be something traditional, and not Bronx or Audio Science. Best wishes to them.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care about the British monarchy, but when I saw the headline I did smile and think "Good for them." You know, in a human to human sort of way.

It seems kind of backwards that the british people put up with a group of people living extravagantly off of their taxes and pretending like they rule the country. Will they have a moment where its "off with their heads"?

I hope they try to honor Diana in some way, even though it's a boy. Maybe use the male version of Diana somewhere in the name? Take that, Kim Kardashian! You'll never be able to sell your baby pics now. No one cares about North West. Should've done it when you had the chance. Fail!

It seems kind of backwards that the british people put up with a group of people living extravagantly off of their taxes and pretending like they rule the country. Will they have a moment where its "off with their heads"?

No offense to any monarchy loving Brits, but I pretty much think of the royal family as a big income-generating tourist attraction. I could no more imagine England without the royals as I could Disneyworld/land without Mickey Mouse (or more appropriately, the Disney princesses).

I hope the new parents are left alone to enjoy their new son.

I was hoping it would be a girl, just because of the new secession laws and all.

Nope, no one cares about North West. And yep, I can guarantee the baby will have a nice, normal name. Probably not Charles. Louis would be nice.

Did you mean succession? I don't think British Monarchy is seceding from anything.

Does the queen have to approve the name? I know queen Victoria ended up with only two names because the king at the time was like screw it she only needs two names. Or so my historical fiction has me to believe.

I have a hard time reconciling my love of bling, history, and pageantry with the concept of unearned wealth and privilege.

That said, I'm happy for the new parents. And for Prince Charles, who since remarrying looks happy for the first time in his life. My guess for the baby's name: Alexander Charles Michael Philip. (I was hoping for a girl, too.)

I read somewhere that they would include Spencer if it was a boy, but not sure if I believe it.

I'm going with Louis for Lord Mountbatten. That would be a way to honor Charles without naming the baby Charles (since he still seems to be pretty unpopular).

I was really hoping it would be a girl too, just because of the change in the succession rules.

Well babies being born in general are pretty cool. And we all know about this one. Plus the couple is pretty likeable.

I have a hard time reconciling my love of bling, history, and pageantry with the concept of unearned wealth and privilege.

That said, I'm happy for the new parents. And for Prince Charles, who since remarrying looks happy for the first time in his life. My guess for the baby's name: Alexander Charles Michael Philip. (I was hoping for a girl, too.)

Meh, there are soooo many people in the world enjoying unearned wealth and privilege. At least the royals give us a little bit of entertainment in exchange.

Oh, and does Prince Charles still have his Duchy Originals line of biscuits and jams? I enjoyed those and if I remember correctly, all the profits go to charity (like Newman's Own).

I thought it would be a girl, so naturally it's a boy (I'll never make my living fortune-telling). I was kind of hoping it would be a girl, though.

I am curious about what they will name him. "Audio Science" made me giggle. Someone said something about the male form of Diana--what would that be? I didn't know Diana had a male form.

I think he will have at least 10 names,so it would be difficult to say. here's a guess: Prince William Henry Harry Charles Daniel David Wellington Spencer Bynum Dunham Windsor III. or 4th or 5th.or something like that. :)

I read today that the majority of people were hoping for a girl because they prefer - and are used to - British monarchs being queens. As it stands now, the next three up will all be kings.

I don't think there is any chance of a "King Spencer" in the future. The queen wouldn't allow it. Philip, George, Albert, Arthur, Richard.

His other grandmother said earlier that the baby would "be a Leo". Since he was born today, I think he's a Cancer. Could she possibly have been referring to the return of the name Leopold?

As well as being a nice big tourist attraction, the royals all do a lot of good work for charity...and quite a lot of that is based on the fact that people take a big interest in what they do. Kate is now a patron of a group of children's hospices in the east of england, bringing them a lot of very necessary publicity and extra donations. Just an example, but as someone who used to work in a hospice, I think they really do need more publicity! The Prince's Trust also supports a lot of young people, as does the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme.

Not that I'm necessarily a monarchist! But just wanted to point out that they're not totally decorative :)

Does the queen have to approve the name? I know queen Victoria ended up with only two names because the king at the time was like screw it she only needs two names. Or so my historical fiction has me to believe.

I guess it depends on how traditional W and K wanted to be? Ask the Queen for her blessing on the baby and whatnot? Historically, I'm not sure. Henry VIII's grandmother was notorious for picking and choosing everything, ruling the roost. Mothers were not often give the opportunity to choose a name if their husband picked one. I can't think of who it was, but I read a story where the woman was a widow, and after she had the baby, the husband's brother announced the name, but she was like, uhh, fuck you, that's not his name.

I think they were much fussier when the baby was a boy.

With so much nasty news, it's nice to hear of a new life coming into this world. I'm guessing the name will be George Alexander William ....

I'm guessing George because Will was close to the Queen Mum before her death. Her husband was King George. :D

P.S. I had a friend who met Diana once. In the ladies room of a swank hotel in Paris. She said Di was so nice and spoke to her first.

With so much nasty news, it's nice to hear of a new life coming into this world. I'm guessing the name will be George Alexander William ....

I'm guessing George because Will was close to the Queen Mum before her death. Her husband was King George. :D

P.S. I had a friend who met Diana once. In the ladies room of a swank hotel in Paris. She said Di was so nice and spoke to her first.

Did she ask if she could "spare a square"?

Did she ask if she could "spare a square"?

LOL! No, just recognized she was American. Don't remember what was said as it was a very long time ago. Just chatty type stuff.

Archived