IGNORED

The Royal Baby Is Here! It's a BOY!

ljohnson2006

I am from the US and think Diana was an emotionally troubled and ultimately manipulative person who played the victim to a tee-both with and without cause.

Yeah. She had shit luck IMO and wasn't prepared for it, and survived via manipulation. Nothing about her life or death is exactly an advert for the monarchy.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. She had shit luck IMO and wasn't prepared for it, and survived via manipulation. Nothing about her life or death is exactly an advert for the monarchy.

But then again, what is?? I think 'the Queen of hearts' was a totally uninteresting person.

Think about it... I wonder if the fact that Di was thin and blond and pretty and glamorous had a little something do with her popularity; If she had been dowdy, almost homily and tough as, say, princess Ann would the media, really the American media, have latched on to her so ferociously?

Think about it... I wonder if the fact that Di was thin and blond and pretty and glamorous had a little something do with her popularity; If she had been dowdy, almost homily and tough as, say, princess Ann would the media, really the American media, have latched on to her so ferociously?

Not to mention that hysterical mass outburst and canonization of this rather bland princess woman.

I recently took the National Safety Council (USA) defensive driving course. They talked about the accident in detail. It was suppose to be a real life example on why you should be a defensive driver. It left a bad taste in my mouth. No one should profit from the death of someone else.

I recently took the National Safety Council (USA) defensive driving course. They talked about the accident in detail. It was suppose to be a real life example on why you should be a defensive driver. It left a bad taste in my mouth. No one should profit from the death of someone else.

My aunt and uncle own the only funeral home in my hometown. They are making some serious bank on other people's grief. I never believed what I had heard other people in town say about their prices until my mom died in 2012. I thought I'd get some kind of family discount. HA. They made a tidy profit. The funeral industry and the medical profession makes bank because they get you at the most vulnerable times of your life. It's twisted and just wrong.

I believe both Charles and the late Diana were the epitome of flawed, imperfect human beings-neither saints nor sinners. They both had their admirable and not so admirable qualities.

As for Mother Theresa? What loathesome cunt.

On-topic: I don't think George Alexander Louis is a bad name and it suits a future king. Both Will and Kate seem to be over the moon and I sure hope they are enjoying their new addtion. I also hope the paparazzi and the media give this little guy some breathing space.

And sure, I do think of a George as being an old man's name and then again, I also think of George Clooney and George Stephanopoulos. I actually met George S a few years ago and he was so personable and sweet. Sure, he's short, but he has a killer sexy smile.

If Queen Elizabeth lives as long as her mother, and then Charles lives into his 90's like his father, and William also lives that long, it will be a long while before we see King George.

ITA about both Charles and Diana being flawed, but I hold the royal family more accountable because Diana was expected to come into their world, and it doesn't sound like she got much support.

I'm trying to picture being on my honeymoon and knowing my new husband had his mind on someone else (if Diana is to be believed). I wouldn't be so easy to live with after that either.

The royal family should be grateful to Diana, as I feel her sons are held in such high regard by the public because of her.

You're absolutely right. The camera loved Diana. I don't think I ever saw a bad picture of her.

image.aspx?file_id=90

Do you recognise this teenager?

Her name is Diana Frances Spencer. She is the fourth child, and third, and unwanted daughter of the Spencer family, born in 1961, a year after her infant brother died. The brother who will be heir to Althorp will not be born for another year or so, and after her birth, her mother will be forced to see a consultant gynecologist to see what the 'problem' is, and why she can't bear a son - prematurely it turns out, as she does bear the heir a year later.

This girl's parents were divorced when she was eight, following her mother's affair. She is in the custody of her father, and her stepmother, whom she dislikes, and she no longer sees her mother much. Although she is good at swimming, diving, playing the piano, ballet, and looking after children, she is in the process of failing all her 'O' levels - twice. She has money, and social status. but not much else. Her older sisters are already developing eating problems, and family dynamics are difficult, especially with the stepmother she really dislikes. Her stepmother's christian name is Raine. Diana calls her 'Acid Rain'.

She is reading books - bad romance novels. They are written, at a rate of about 20 a year, by her stepmother's mother, a woman called Barbara Cartland. Diana is given copies, of course. She doesn't read much else, other than this escapist and twisted fiction. The books feature, predominantly, ethereal, petite, large-eyed blondes. (A few brunettes or redheads are allowed: redheads are usually Hungarian, brunettes are often foreign also, but there are not many of these, as everyone knows that ‘the dark lady’ is sexually voracious.) All these blondes have mysterious affinities with animals, and great spirituality and sensitivity. They are often motherless and fatherless. They are persecuted by evil women who dislike their grace and beauty, and by loathsome, sexually aggressive men. Sometimes they are beaten by male relatives, they almost starve; they reach the depths of destitution. From this situation, they are rescued, still impeccably virtuous and virginal, by men who worship their grace, virtue and beauty. These men are complex characters, often spiritually wounded, with difficult pasts. Often after unhappy experiences with women, they guard their hearts, and are determined not to love again, despite which they ultimately recognise the heroine as their soul-mate, mother figure, sister, companion, all-in-all and, of course, sexual muse. They worship the heroine in every sense of the word.

The books usually end with a bedding scene, where the virginal bride is unrobed and taken to the ‘heights of ecstasy’ by a man who is the epitome of the perfect lover. Despite her virginity, there is never pain. Or blood. His previous sexual experiences have just honed his ability to know what a woman wants. (Although none of this is explicit: it’s couched in the most gushingly sentimental periphrasis you’ve ever seen,)

Sometimes in these books, in an ironic twist of fate, the hero and the heroine are married without love, for financial, political or expedient reasons. Despite this, by the end of the book, the heroine’s exceeding goodness, and her womanly virtues, have made her husband love – indeed worship - her, and so she lives happily ever after.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions about what this teenager hoped for from her marriage, and what must have happened to her hopes and dreams. She was a very naïve, damaged little girl when she married, and she married a damaged and difficult man. Neither could deal with the requirements of their lifestyles, and the result was disaster.

ETA the books she has with her are 'Towards the Stars', 'The Flame is Love' and 'The Odious Duke'. All pretty sickly.

Ok,a bit off-topic,but am wondering if anyone thinks it's possible Harry and William are 1/2 brothers,Harry being father by Hewitt, the man that Diana admittedly had an affair with? I've heard she didn't meet him till after Harry was born;other stories say it was before.Confused,much.He sure does look like him,and I don't think he resembles Charles at all,but maybe it's just me.

I also recall Diana saying something to the effect that she knew her marriage was over when Charles got his first look at Harry and his red hair.

I'm only posting the link for the pic in it, to show the resemblence.I don't necessarily agree w/ what is written.

http://www.davidicke.com/articles/illum ... ats-from-r

Ok,a bit off-topic,but am wondering if anyone thinks it's possible Harry and William are 1/2 brothers,Harry being father by Hewitt, the man that Diana admittedly had an affair with? I've heard she didn't meet him till after Harry was born;other stories say it was before.Confused,much.He sure does look like him,and I don't think he resembles Charles at all,but maybe it's just me.

I also recall Diana saying something to the effect that she knew her marriage was over when Charles got his first look at Harry and his red hair.

I'm only posting the link for the pic in it, to show the resemblence.I don't necessarily agree w/ what is written.

Similarities Harry/Hewitt are small (mainly hair colour.) Well, similarities Harry/Charles are small, also. I was very interested in this theory when I was 15 / 16 years (when I thought the freemasons ruled the world, omg, how could I have been so stupid?), but ultimately it seems Hewitt was the lover of Diana after the birth of Harry. Hmm, I have to found the reference that said that, it was very credible.

Damn, my photo link was jinxed.

Here's the URL for it instead:

http://www.barbaracartland.com/pages/17/gallery.aspx

Umm, excuse me, but you do know that David Icke isn't the most reliable of authors don't you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/david-icke-is-not-the-messiah-or-even-that-naughty-but-boy-can-he-drone-on-8229433.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Have just had an amazing idea. We should introduce him to Sparkling Lauren. Now there's a marriage made in #insert whatever cosmic plane you fancy#

Eh, red hair's recessive, so it's not uncommon for two non-redheaded parents to have a redheaded kid.

it's not just the red hair though.I overall think he looks more like Hewitt than Charles.

I only posted the link for the pics though.I recalled Harry's pic next to Hewitt and did a search for it.That was what came up.

But iirc,Diana's hair had a bit of red in it when she was younger,and recall that brother of hers.

thx for the replies.

Damn, my photo link was jinxed.

Here's the URL for it instead:

http://www.barbaracartland.com/pages/17/gallery.aspx

Umm, excuse me, but you do know that David Icke isn't the most reliable of authors don't you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/david-icke-is-not-the-messiah-or-even-that-naughty-but-boy-can-he-drone-on-8229433.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Have just had an amazing idea. We should introduce him to Sparkling Lauren. Now there's a marriage made in #insert whatever cosmic plane you fancy#

OMG remember when he was Jesus? :lol:

Eh, red hair's recessive, so it's not uncommon for two non-redheaded parents to have a redheaded kid.

Yes, it takes two people who are both carriers, and it can skip many generations.

Realistically, given that Diana was descended from the Stuart kings (on the wrong side of the blanket, obviously) and they were descended from Margaret, sister to Henry VIII, that famous red-head; and that Charles was descended from the Stuart kings on the right side of the blanket, the expression of the gene is not that surprising when you look at the genealogy.

It's extremely complex, given how many times the British monarchy ended up in the hands of remote cousins etc (George I comes to mind) but it's definitely not impossible for them to have produced a red-headed child just on their genetics alone, with no other admixture of red-headed genes from the multiple families who married in.

@OK :lol: I know. Suddenly made me realise how well he'd go with Lauren! :lol:

With the availability of DNA testing today, I think Charlie would know if Harry wasn't his. Thought, he'd never admit it to the public, I think we'd see more of a "coldness and distance" towards Harry. I'm not a big "royal watcher", but from my viewpoint, he seems to treat both boys the same.

With the availability of DNA testing today, I think Charlie would know if Harry wasn't his. Thought, he'd never admit it to the public, I think we'd see more of a "coldness and distance" towards Harry. I'm not a big "royal watcher", but from my viewpoint, he seems to treat both boys the same.

Yep, if there was ever any kind of doubt, they would have done paternity testing to avoid any kind of future scandal. Who knows, the royal family may do it as protocol. They have to protect their assets, you know.

Are we really talking about the David Icke that believes that Jewish people are alien lizards from the planet Sirius? :lol:

Are we really talking about the David Icke that believes that Jewish people are alien lizards from the planet Sirius? :lol:

as I said in the first post,I don't necessarily agree and I don't even know who he is.it's just an example of showing all their pics side by side.that's all.

it's not just the red hair though.I think he does favor Hewitt more.whether she knew him or not then,idk.

Harry favours Diana's side in appearance. Just look up the Spencers, especially George McCorquodale, the son of his mother's sister. He also clearly (in my opinion, of course) bears a resemblance to his father Charles and even moreso to his grandfather Philip. That would be a pretty weird coincidence if he was actually the offspring of somebody else!

I used to question the Harry/Hewitt connection, but as Harry's gotten older he looks so much Windsor/Spencer. The nose, the narrow eyes...yes, I see Charles and Phillip in him very much.

My mum believed this when the Royal weans were little. (Not the Icke part - that is just mental.) But that Harry wasn't Charles's kid.

Now he's older he looks like Phillip and she has lost her belief :)

Archived