IGNORED

The Royal Baby Is Here! It's a BOY!

ljohnson2006

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they'll call him Alex.

George sounds like such an old man name to me. He can go by King George VII in 50 years, but I'd give him a modern nickname.

Damn, I was really hoping for Ethelred. Ethelred Jaden Braxtyn.

George sounds like such an old man name to me. He can go by King George VII in 50 years, but I'd give him a modern nickname.

Hopefully they'll call him Spence. Just to be contrary. LOL.

My son has a friend named George who is 12. It happens.

Hopefully they'll call him Spence. Just to be contrary. LOL.

My son has a friend named George who is 12. It happens.

George is an old family name that pops up every generation for us and I have a 7 year old nephew with the name. I still find it odd looking at a cute little baby and calling him by my grandfather's name "George". His father calls him Georgie, but being of a certain age, that jut reminds me of Georgie Girl.

My bet is George Phillip Spencer.

Was hoping it'd be a girl tho.

At least I was right with the first name. Kinda wanted Spencer in there, though.

I read it as in 'nothing creepy,' as a different sentence. As in no creepy names. Separate as it was a separate sentence. But hey ho..whatever.

My post went pooooof! Did somebody cock-up a merge?

I am hoping for Alexander, Andrew or Louis.

I think it will be George, James or can't remember what I posted for the 3rd :lol:

I am no royalist but am happy enough living in this 'backward country' with it's centuries of history and cool historical sites to visit. Only the Queeny Bop receives money from the government. The tax that costs me personally is probably so pathetic as to be unnoticeable and contributes in the same was as my divi of the tax goes to the NHS and maintaining National parks and public swimming pools etc. In other words you gain more as a society than you lose.Lets face it who does not visit the Tower of London or Buck pally when going to London :lol:

Asking the Queen about the name is just an historical courtesy thing now, not a permission thing. I doubt they will go for anything bizarre. Purely because as discussed to death in other threads folks tend to stick within a demographic they are familiar with when naming. I doubt that Jaden or Kayden would be on their radar. It would be nice though if they picked a name they just like, which might not be a previous King or Royal. I think though it will be a traditionally spelt recognisable as a name type name.

With Scotland moving toward devolution they might be swayed toward my choices though of Alexander or Andrew :lol: King Angus sounds cool also :D

Think I'll go buy a lottery ticket this week :lol:

George is a popular baby name over here at the moment - it was no. 12 in 2011 according to official statistics for England and Wales. So not just an old man name here.

I dunno, I love an old man name on a baby. They can call him Georgie.

Just once I would like to see a boy in a prominent position named after an esteemed female relative. Because how many Carolines and Robertas are named after Charleses and Roberts when a male "junior" is not forthcoming?

Victoria's first name was Alexandrina. Maybe (maybe?) Alexander is in honor of her? Please?

Just once I would like to see a boy in a prominent position named after an esteemed female relative. Because how many Carolines and Robertas are named after Charleses and Roberts when a male "junior" is not forthcoming?

Victoria's first name was Alexandrina. Maybe (maybe?) Alexander is in honor of her? Please?

The queen's full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, so Alexander is probably in honor of her.

I do wish they'd worked Francis or even Spencer into the name. I'm guessing they plan to honor Diana in the name of their second child, especially if it's a girl.

I'm not really fond of the name George, but it is funny-cute to think of a little 5-year-old George.

George has been one of the top 20 boys names in the UK for about two decades now (for instance, it was #12 in 2011), so he won't be an anomaly. My favorite name for a girl for a long time has been Georgi(a)na (I personally love the nickname Georgie for a little girl), so I quite like it myself, not that it's any of my business.

Not to mention, the kid can take whatever name he wants when it comes time to reign. People more knowledgeable than I will probably be able to confirm/deny this, but I'm pretty sure Charles doesn't plan to be King Charles.

George has been one of the top 20 boys names in the UK for about two decades now (for instance, it was #12 in 2011), so he won't be an anomaly. My favorite name for a girl for a long time has been Georgi(a)na (I personally love the nickname Georgie for a little girl), so I quite like it myself, not that it's any of my business.

Not to mention, the kid can take whatever name he wants when it comes time to reign. People more knowledgeable than I will probably be able to confirm/deny this, but I'm pretty sure Charles doesn't plan to be King Charles.

I read somewhere that he plans to be George VII.

The queen's full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, so Alexander is probably in honor of her.

I do wish they'd worked Francis or even Spencer into the name. I'm guessing they plan to honor Diana in the name of their second child, especially if it's a girl.

I'm not really fond of the name George, but it is funny-cute to think of a little 5-year-old George.

I'm not fond of the name George, either. I wished they used that as a middle name. Maybe the Brits like old man names. Wills' brother is formally name Henry (ugh!)-but called "Harry"-much better!

Well, yes, IF he decides to be King George, he would be the VII, unless for some reason either Charles or William decide to change their names when they become monarch. There have been 6 King Georges of GB thus far.

After what seems like several hundred years of him being called Charles, I should think it would very odd to hear him suddenly called King George. And if his mother lives to be as old as her mother did, he'll be 80 by the time he's crowned.

After Diana-gate, I have never thought Charles would ever take the throne. I truly think William will just be next. Camilla should never be queen consort, for so many reasons.

After Diana-gate, I have never thought Charles would ever take the throne. I truly think William will just be next. Camilla should never be queen consort, for so many reasons.

Oh, I think Charles wants to be King. And he's still next in line after Queen Elizabeth.

Congrats to William and Kate on the little Prince! He's a cutie.

Oh, I think Charles wants to be King. And he's still next in line after Queen Elizabeth.

You know, my dad, who has no qualifications to speculate about the Royal Family aside from living in Europe (???), predicted that Charles will sit on the throne for a day and then abdicate, because he knows that the people want William.

Well, of course Chalres is in line after QE. But I think there's just a good chance he will abdicate. What he did to Diana was deplorable and even though he got "lucky" and she died so he could marry Camilla, and he's made every effort to get the public to like her, I just think it's a long shot.

William's life is unscarred by scandal. I think Britain needs a fresh new start.

Archived