IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

<- Leaky gut :(

IBS here. Thank goodness and Imodium. Taking pain pills for other aches and maladies makes me nuts. Invested in some Colace for those days. I can also tell you not to buy Scott TP, it's like corn cobs on a bad day. :penguin-no:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, me, too. It's like we are ignored because we don't have a sexy disease. ;)

Maybe you could start a blog: Crazy, Sexy IBS.

Crohn's here... I always get the "I thought only /old/ people got that!" when people find out, so apparently 19 is the new old? :lol:

My two-year-old has Crohn's! We were told, "there's no way she can have it that young." Except that she does.

I think its more of a word association. (It is pronounced krown right?) You hear that word you think of cranky old people. (Old Crone)

That's how I see it anyway... unless I am pronouncing it wrong. In which case ignore me. However, I did not know better til this thread and also thought it was an elderly disease.

I think its more of a word association. (It is pronounced krown right?) You hear that word you think of cranky old people. (Old Crone)

That's how I see it anyway... unless I am pronouncing it wrong. In which case ignore me. However, I did not know better til this thread and also thought it was an elderly disease.

That's true... I hadn't really thought of the 'crone' homophone connotation before, so that's probably it! (and yep, it's krohwn, long oh)

You know, I think I know which blog Ruth got her ideas from. It is uncannily similar to razingruth albeit with pictures and less drama.

I totally forgot the name of the blog. All I remember was that the blogger was part-German, bilingual, and went to live with her aunt in germany

You mean the broken daughters blog. I follow it too.

That's true... I hadn't really thought of the 'crone' homophone connotation before, so that's probably it! (and yep, it's krohwn, long oh)

When I was in Med School, my friend had a book with memory tricks for various diseases. The one for Crohns involved visualizing a little old lady (the crone) skipping (the lesions are not continuous, they "skip") down a cobblestone street (the mucosal lining looks like a cobblestone street).

When I was in Med School, my friend had a book with memory tricks for various diseases. The one for Crohns involved visualizing a little old lady (the crone) skipping (the lesions are not continuous, they "skip") down a cobblestone street (the mucosal lining looks like a cobblestone street).

If anyone knows what this book was (or something similar) please PM me! I love memory tricks.

And my sympathy to everyone who has this.

Maybe you could start a blog: Crazy, Sexy IBS.

I don't see this catching on. :lol:

Even the Charmin extra-omg-soft (like pillows! for your butt!) is like freaking sandpaper on a bad day.

Even the Charmin extra-omg-soft (like pillows! for your butt!) is like freaking sandpaper on a bad day.

Aw, that’s no fun. Have you tried using water instead? Just poured from a little bowl or jug is easy with a little practice; it’s not that different from washing yourself in the shower. I don’t have IBS so don’t know if it would work for you, but it works for me as a regular thing (and is the usual practice in large chunks of the world, where no toilet roll is available).

I don't have IBS but do get screaming diarrhea. The best solution I've found was a hand-held bidet (like one of those shower heads on a hose) when I was in Cuba.

TMI warning: I used it during and after. Turned to body temperature, it neutralized the evacuation burning. :D a happy bum leads to a happy StC. My husband had to listen to me rave for weeks afterwards. I am still scheming to get one at home.

ETA: I can spell. What are you looking at?

I just get a total kick out of how this thread is now all about shit :lol:

Count me in with IBS. Manageable and compared to some mild I think. I put sudocrem on my bahookey if it gets very bad. I tend to suffer from change of diet badly and going to places like eg. India and Africa sudocrem is my saviour. Either that or not sitting down.

I always try the eat local yoghurt thing. It has got better must admit.

Crazy Sexy IBS :lol: :lol:

We could call the tip jar on the blog 'Support our anal needs.'

A peribottle like they give you after you have a baby works good too. Then you can dab dry. I had horrible IBS in college and strangely it went away when I got pregnant and never came back. My doctor said it could have had something to do with hormones.

A peribottle like they give you after you have a baby works good too. Then you can dab dry. I had horrible IBS in college and strangely it went away when I got pregnant and never came back. My doctor said it could have had something to do with hormones.

Yes! I was about to add a similar comment when I saw yours, Ms. S. I kept the bottles from my daughters' births and use them when I'm having problems, which happens about every other week. Fabulous to just rinse off and pat dry. The soreness is much, much less.

I just get a total kick out of how this thread is now all about shit :lol:

Count me in with IBS. Manageable and compared to some mild I think. I put sudocrem on my bahookey if it gets very bad. I tend to suffer from change of diet badly and going to places like eg. India and Africa sudocrem is my saviour. Either that or not sitting down.

I always try the eat local yoghurt thing. It has got better must admit.

Crazy Sexy IBS :lol: :lol:

We could call the tip jar on the blog 'Support our anal needs.'

Anyone who has ever had a baby/been a mother knows all conversations eventually end up being about poop. LOL.

This thread has always been full of shit. First the amount of shit spraying from Ruth/Possummomma's mouth, and now literally.

I don't have IBS but do get screaming diarrhea. The best solution I've found was a hand-held bidet (like one of those shower heads on a hose) when I was in Cuba.

TMI warning: I used it during and after. Turned to body temperature, it neutralized the evacuation burning. :D a happy bum leads to a happy StC. My husband had to listen to me rave for weeks afterwards. I am still scheming to get one at home.

The hospital where I had my first son had something like this, complete with little soap stick things you could pre-load and clean yourself with. I didn't have an episiotomy, but I could imagine the warm water would feel pretty good for that kind of thing. I loved being able to completely clean up whenever I wanted without having to take a shower though. I had an emergency c-section with mild complications and I bled pretty bad. When I had my second child almost 13 years later, they had built a new women's hospital and didnt have them anymore. :cry:

There are evidently some hoses sold for the purpose of rinsing cloth diapers off into the commode. As I understand the hook up to the water line of the toilet. That may be helpful for some of you IBS sufferers.

There are evidently some hoses sold for the purpose of rinsing cloth diapers off into the commode. As I understand the hook up to the water line of the toilet. That may be helpful for some of you IBS sufferers.

Anyone thinking of this will want to note that most diaper sprayers do not have a temperature control and will spray out water only at whatever temperature the toilet tank happens to be at. Not pleasant...

This comment makes me want to have a baby, just to see if that would work. :?

No, don't worry, I know that's not a good enough reason to become a mother. :lol: Tempting, though.!

This comment makes me want to have a baby, just to see if that would work. :?

No, don't worry, I know that's not a good enough reason to become a mother. :lol: Tempting, though.!

I hear you re: bad reasons to become a mother. Sometimes, I am possessed by an intense curiosity as to HOW being pregnant and birthing feels. Never mind that I have an intense fear, even phobia, of doctors and anything medical and could probably only birth unassisted without going crazy... But I have zero interest in having a child dangling at my skirt for 18 years after birth, and probably afterwards, too. I couldn't bear that! Another child saved from an inept mother. Rejoice!

Aw, that’s no fun. Have you tried using water instead? Just poured from a little bowl or jug is easy with a little practice; it’s not that different from washing yourself in the shower. I don’t have IBS so don’t know if it would work for you, but it works for me as a regular thing (and is the usual practice in large chunks of the world, where no toilet roll is available).

I have a friend who swears this (http://www.amazon.com/Brondell-S1000-EW ... oilet+seat) is the best money they have ever spent.

I don't have IBS (praise FSM), but do have other issues and have been considering it after hearing the rave reviews he's given it.

They have those at amazon, too, I believe

Lainey, it was seriously amazing. I had been really suffering for 4 years, now I only have occasional bowel issues. I'm sure it doesnt work for everyone but I have heard others with the same experience.

Archived