IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17372

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18315

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18404

Summary:

Razing Ruth was a fake. The real woman behind Ruth will remain unnamed on FJ. She has many Internet identities, some of which were also scams. People are mad. Vyckie and Calulu at NLQ stuck their fingers in their ears and said, "la la la la, we can't hear you!" when Curious sent them an email about it.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I get to be first?

About the wayback machine and Vyckie's Story:

I searched on the wayback machine for nolongerquivering.com and found it in the archives for 2010.

Would it be ok to link directly to it? Honestly don't know. :think:

Summary:

Razing Ruth was a fake. The real woman behind Ruth will remain unnamed on FJ. She has many Internet identities, some of which were also scams. People are mad. Vyckie and Calulu at NLQ stuck their fingers in their ears and said, "la la la la, we can't hear you!" when Curious sent them an email about it.

:lol: this really made me giggle HA. Three huge threads and you summed it up perfectly :lol:

Do I get to be first?

I searched on the wayback machine for nolongerquivering.com and found it in the archives for 2010.

I am going to take a leap and post the link.

http://web.archive.org/web/200910172059 ... ies-story/

Do I get to be first?

I can't think of any reason why you can't link directly to it. It's no different than linking to NLQ, IMO. The story was out there for years and we have discussed various people/stories from NLQ in the past. Vyckie uses her real name so it's not outing her.

:lol: this really made me giggle HA. Three huge threads and you summed it up perfectly :lol:

We have enough people coming in and asking for the Cliff's Notes version, I thought it best to be succinct. :)

August from the last thread:

I have to read Libby Anne, just so I can add a little common sense to her posts. Her reationary parenting is almost as bad as the way she was raised! The post where she was talking about watching pretty explicit sex scenes with her three year old was just jaw dropping.

That one and the one where she bragged about giving the same three year old a detailed explanation of how an IUD works. :roll:

There are reasons that we do not teach anatomy and physiology to preschoolers or even primary children. And none of them are because we are prude. Understanding a teeny tiny bit about child development would serve her highness Libby well.

Summary:

So the admins of FJ know the true identity of "Ruth"?

So the admins of FJ know the true identity of "Ruth"?

Lots of people know the true identity of Ruth, not just admins.

Here's a link to a site run by a member here if you want to read the chapter analyses, rather than just the point-form overview version. The first two posts cover most of the stuff covered in the mega-threads.

http://www.truth-about-ruth.com/‎

Still can't believe this person scammed so many people. I am shocked w/ myself that I believed her story. Kudos to everyone to figured her story was a scam!

Still can't believe this person scammed so many people. I am shocked w/ myself that I believed her story. Kudos to everyone to figured her story was a scam!

This. I've been a reader of Ruth's for a while and a lurker here, I was pretty shocked to read everything in these three threads. I don't usually consider myself easily fooled, but "Ruth" got me. Her story and the genuine-sounding claims she had made it easy, for me, to write off the constant dramatics and tragedies as someone who just had a crazy life. Definitely some great sleuths here at FJ, good job everyone!

Summary:

Hilarious!!

It's been nearly a week. If Ruth were real or had any intentions of clearing her name with her readers and those who donated to her she would have reached out by now. She has totally blown it.

Is there anyone left who thinks Ruth might still be real? Or have hope?

What pushed it to confirmed for me was 1. lack of thanks after donations, 2. the IP comparisons of her trip to locations where PM was vacationing 3. the scrubbing of the blog & taking down the tip jar at the same time the PM's FB was being scrubbed and the biggest piece of the puzzle --- 4. reading her posts here at FJ!

I couldn't match Ruth's voice on her blog to PM until I started reading her posts here where she talked more casually. She never came across as casual on her blog. She seemed shy, reserved, unsure and old fashioned. Here she comes across as modern, confident and worldly. Also, her tells are very clear and easily matched to PMs. Especially if you do a comparison of style to Scarlett75's on SplitCoastStampers. It's not as easy to match RR's blog postings to PM, but so much easier with her forum posts where she talks and talks and talks. This is her downfall.

I was never thrown by Ruth having one catastrophe after another. That's literally how my life has played out over the last three years, and as other have stated, it's not really that uncommon with a lot of people to have ridiculous strings of bad luck that have lasted for months, even years.

One thing that did throw me is that at least 3-4 fellow Free Jingerites lived in her area, all wanted to make plans to meet/offer assistance (some of these people living literally within minutes of Ruth), and yet she turned them down flat. If I was in her position and half as desperate for help and resources as she claimed to be, I would have set something up where I met with everyone during the day in a public, well-lit facility, maybe for coffee or lunch.

But then, I'd laboring under the assumption that she was a legitimate survivor of a cult situation, and not a con artist looking to make a quick buck. :(

So was the story about the woman who showed up at her place of work a legitimate one? IIRC, she complained about someone showing up at her workplace because she was afraid she would lose her job, and I think she said it was someone who befriended her from FJ.

One thing that did throw me is that at least 3-4 fellow Free Jingerites lived in her area, all wanted to make plans to meet/offer assistance (some of these people living literally within minutes of Ruth), and yet she turned them down flat. If I was in her position and half as desperate for help and resources as she claimed to be, I would have set something up where I met with everyone during the day in a public, well-lit facility, maybe for coffee or lunch

This. One summer I had to drive across the country and spend six weeks in a big city by myself. I would've loved to meet someone for coffee or just to talk. My situation wasn't desperate and I didn't need help. It's just lonely moving to a new city.

So was the story about the woman who showed up at her place of work a legitimate one? IIRC, she complained about someone showing up at her workplace because she was afraid she would lose her job, and I think she said it was someone who befriended her from FJ.

You'd be safe to consider everything Ruth wrote here and on the blog to be fiction.

You'd be safe to consider everything Ruth wrote here and on the blog to be fiction.

Exactly. I can tell you that there is no proof she has a job anywhere, much less Chicago.

Exactly. She claims to have met people but not one has come forward to vouch for her. Not one in 4 years. That's so odd. Why she didn't use a sock puppet to do that is also a mystery. Also, the crazy lady who went to her work had a lot of balls. You'd think she'd have the balls to speak up on the blog to defend her actions. Never happened. (cuz she didn't exist, ha!)

Exactly. She claims to have met people but not one has come forward to vouch for her. Not one in 4 years. That's so odd. Why she didn't use a sock puppet to do that is also a mystery. Also, the crazy lady who went to her work had a lot of balls. You'd think she'd have the balls to speak up on the blog to defend her actions. Never happened. (cuz she didn't exist, ha!)

Yes, one actually has to have a job at a university library in the Chicago area to be harassed in the way RR described. :lol:

One thing that did throw me is that at least 3-4 fellow Free Jingerites lived in her area, all wanted to make plans to meet/offer assistance (some of these people living literally within minutes of Ruth), and yet she turned them down flat.

That's the number one red flag for scams anywhere, internet or meatspace.

People have problems, sure. But when they have problem after problem after problem, and yet mysteriously have an excuse why they can't accept ANY offers of help (or any offers of help that aren't just straight up cash, in the case of repeat street scammers) it's a warning sign. They don't want to solve their "problems," they want to milk them for sympathy or cash.

I live in a college town, and there are plenty of repeat street scammer panhandlers around. Rather than just a "spare anything?" like normal panhandlers they'll concoct up some elaborate fake stories about how they're stranded without gas or they just need bus fare or whatever it is. It's obvious they're fake because they're there all the time on the same corner with the same bullshit story.

And of course they avoid townies, because they know we've seen it all before and that they're not actually stranded/homeless/whatever it is. Mostly they seem to aim at students who appear well off, often women.

What annoys me most about that specific thing is not so much that someone is asking for money, but that they're taking someone to be an easy mark. They're laughing inside at the mark's naivete.

How come no one fakes IBS on the Internet (at least that I've heard of). I guess having gas, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea just isn't very sexy in Munchausen's suffers lol.

*disclaimer - I have IBS*

This exactly, gvc. Scammers enjoy putting one over on their marks. They think of them only as idiots who deserve to be fleeced of extra cash, and by the same token the scammer feels they are entitled to the money because they are so much smarter.

How come no one fakes IBS on the Internet (at least that I've heard of). I guess having gas, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea just isn't very sexy in Munchausen's suffers lol.

*disclaimer - I have IBS*

:lol: I have it too. Definitely nothing sexy about IBS!!

Archived