IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

A lot of people keep saying IP addresses aren't always accurate and while this is true, if they were being used the way you normally use an IP that would probably hold some water, but that isn't what happened in this case (other than both PM and RR posting from bakersfield for years).

For the IPs to be inaccurate or spoofed it would mean that 2 completely separate people took vacations at the exact same time, with the exact same itinerary from CA to IL and posted both on FJ and FB from the *exact* same locations on the *exact* same dates. Then once they got to IL, they also BOTH took a trip to VA, where they again both posted on FJ and FB on the exact same date. Then they BOTH returned to IL, where they again posted from the *exact* same location on both FJ and FB on the *exact* same date.

I think the odds of that happening have to be somewhere near astronomical.

Edit to add: Isn't it a little odd, also, that for NO reason that the same person has been accused of this behavior twice now? There are billions of people on the net, I'm sure. So why pick on this one woman? Why did GDNNOP pick her out of the billions of people if they did not have a reason to suspect her in the first place? There is no reason to pull a person out of thin air and start accusing them of this kind of thing. She was certainly not on our radar even when RR's IP locations didn't exactly match what she was posting on FJ (there were reasonable explanations for the differences), until the pictures on her FB and the rest of the stuff comes to light.

Even the lupus thing. I'm sorry but if you are so sun sensitive that you can't even walk around in your house without UV film, no medication is going to suddenly make you able to be out in full sun in a swimsuit "for a few hours." Let's just assume she did get a miracle drug, where is the scarring from years of lesions from when she couldn't go out even at dusk without a trip to the ER?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of people keep saying IP addresses aren't always accurate and while this is true, if they were being used the way you normally use an IP that would probably hold some water, but that isn't what happened in this case (other than both PM and RR posting from bakersfield for years).

For the IPs to be inaccurate or spoofed it would mean that 2 completely separate people took vacations at the exact same time, with the exact same itinerary from CA to IL and posted both on FJ and FB from the *exact* same locations on the *exact* same dates. Then once they got to IL, they also BOTH took a trip to VA, where they again both posted on FJ and FB on the exact same date. Then they BOTH returned to IL, where they again posted from the *exact* same location on both FJ and FB on the *exact* same date.

I think the odds of that happening have to be somewhere near astronomical.

Edit to add: Isn't it a little odd, also, that for NO reason that the same person has been accused of this behavior twice now? There are billions of people on the net, I'm sure. So why pick on this one woman? Why did GDNNOP pick her out of the billions of people if they did not have a reason to suspect her in the first place? There is no reason to pull a person out of thin air and start accusing them of this kind of thing. She was certainly not on our radar even when RR's IP locations didn't exactly match what she was posting on FJ (there were reasonable explanations for the differences), until the pictures on her FB and the rest of the stuff comes to light.

Even the lupus thing. I'm sorry but if you are so sun sensitive that you can't even walk around in your house without UV film, no medication is going to suddenly make you able to be out in full sun in a swimsuit "for a few hours." Let's just assume she did get a miracle drug, where is the scarring from years of lesions from when she couldn't go out even at dusk without a trip to the ER?

I thought the main issue wasn't that they were posting from the same locations, but that Ruth's stated locations weren't matching up with her ips, but the ips were matching with where possom momma said she was on Facebook?

Thanks Burris, there were one or two links there I hadn't read. Thank you to the poster who sent me the link to the PM blog, also.

Calladus seems like a good guy. He went out of his way to help with PM's "light sensitivity issues", he was ready to admit he was wrong about us being nasty bitches, and his replies on the RR thread were defensive but never rude.

I understand completely why he's defensive. He's emotionally invested. It would cause him a huge amount of pain to admit that it's ALL been fake. Maybe it's pride, or maybe he doesn't want to believe this person who was his close friend was lying about everything and emotionally manipulating him. I suspect the latter.

I thought the main issue wasn't that they were posting from the same locations, but that Ruth's stated locations weren't matching up with her ips, but the ips were matching with where possom momma said she was on Facebook?

For me, they kind of go hand in hand, but my point was trying to show folks that are saying IPs are not accurate that yes, they are not always accurate, but in this case, the odds of it being 2 separate people are quite high due to the number of "coincidences." At some point, you have too many coincidences for it to logically be a coincidence anymore, the odds are simply too high.

Could 2 different people take the exact same vacation from CA to IL, probably. However, what are the odds of them then taking a trip to VA and back to IL ALSO at exactly the same time?

Not to mention, one of those people just *happens* to be a poster on FreeJinger? We have 7,000 members, not 7,000,000 members ;)

For me, they kind of go hand in hand, but my point was trying to show folks that are saying IPs are not accurate that yes, they are not always accurate, but in this case, the odds of it being 2 separate people are quite high due to the number of "coincidences." At some point, you have too many coincidences for it to logically be a coincidence anymore, the odds are simply too high.

Could 2 different people take the exact same vacation from CA to IL, probably. However, what are the odds of them then taking a trip to VA and back to IL ALSO at exactly the same time?

Not to mention, one of those people just *happens* to be a poster on FreeJinger? We have 7,000 members, not 7,000,000 members ;)

I agree the exact same trip on the exact same dates would be highly unlikely. But think it is far more possible to put down to a freakish coincidence, then "Ruth" saying she is actually somewhere else, but her iP matching the p.m. Known locations. Particularly the Virginia side trip, to me, that one piece of info is the most convincing link.

IP addresses can be spoofed, sure. GPS geolocation services on one's phone, from which Facebook grabs location data, are a different story. The only way PM is innocent here is if "Ruth" miraculously picked her out of a hundred million people, followed her entire roadtrip on Facebook, and then sought out proxies with which to post on FJ that would match the exact locations of PM on the exact same days. Yeah. No. Sorry.

Two ppl just happens take the exact same trip at the exact same time? The chances are very, very slim.

The chances of two ppl taking the exact same trip at the exact same time when one is an anonymous Bbogger who's plot is full if holes and the other is a known scammer? Bloody unlikely.

I understand completely why he's defensive. He's emotionally invested. It would cause him a huge amount of pain to admit that it's ALL been fake. Maybe it's pride, or maybe he doesn't want to believe this person who was his close friend was lying about everything and emotionally manipulating him. I suspect the latter.

From what I’ve read of Calladus, I don’t think the problem is vanity either. He was vulnerable after a loss, got a bit involved with PM, and…well…this. (My friends think I’m a total asshole and I’ve still been ripped off by sob stories before – usually face-to-face. Oh, fuck; we’ve been taken for hundreds of dollars. It will happen again, too.)

What PM has done, and continues to do, is more than merely a long-con, however; it’s crossed a line into needless cruelty. This trail she has left is just so incredible. It’s almost as if she wanted to be found – or worse, as if she were merely playing with people and thought no one would ever find out because she believes she is so clever.

If one looks at the TAR blog, there are instances where that one openly linked one of her other identities to the PM blog, giving it as her address.

Disclaimer I am the same user as Jamanda. I moved interstate, lost my login, and lazily made a new account to lurk on. I informed the admins. Not a sock here :)

I followed Ruth from the time I joined FJ back on Yuku. I thought she was real. I wasn't emotionally invested and only followed her blog from time to time. I considered donating but never actually did. I was actually quite surprised and captivated by all the digging that has shown her to be a fraud.

I really wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. At the same time, I know I'm exactly the kind of person that falls for this stuff.

In coming catharsis: Back on my old login I got into a hand slappy (me the slapper) discussion about treating people kinder. At the time I was in a long distance relationship with someone who was ex IFB. It was discussions with him and his suggestion that promoted me to initiate that discussion.

He told me of his bad childhood and relationships and I fell for it. Even after I was contacted by a woman, his wife. He told me it was his psycho ex. I believed him. I wanted to believe no one who could say they cared about me, or had been through such tough times as he could be so awful. My gut told me something was wrong. I didn't listen, for a long time.

But it happens. There really are mean spirited people out there who will use and manipulate, who are selfish and don't care about the people they hurt. I still find it hard to understand that mind set.

I think some people still want to believe in 'Ruth'. After all there is no 'hard proof'. But there won't be. Even our western justice systems recognize this. Guilt is determined by members of society judging whether there is any reasonable doubt.

As other have said and as pointed out on TAR its possible that all the inconsistencies can be explained. It could be coincidences, mistakes, misrememberings, deliberate stretching of truths for anonimities sake etc etc.

But I don't think it is likely. Too many intuitions are saying something is wrong. Evidence suggests something is wrong. In the face of that I think it is quite reasonable to conclude 'Ruth' is not real. I think given the connections between the various identities such as PM and 'Ruth' it is also reasonable to conclude they are connected to the same individual. I think it is reasonable to conclude that individual has hurt many people and if anything can be done to reduce or prevent further harm, such as is the aim of TAR, then I think that is a worthwhile pursuit.

People are calling this guy? That's not right.

How did they get his number? If he gave it out, he's getting what he wants IMO.

How did they get his number? If he gave it out, he's getting what he wants IMO.

He stated on his blog July 13 that his phone number is on the blog. I haven't looked for it but I assume it's there. Or, at least it was.

Possummomma was a private person in the past because she was protecting her kids, who no longer live with her. I am open about who I am, but in the past I was somewhat private to protect my late wife. I am still very discreet about some parts of my life. Still, it is easy to contact me. For those who claim I'm a "sock puppet", I have since the beginning of the Possummomma fiasco told everyone that they could contact me whenever they like. You can click on my name up there, and it will take you to my phone number. You're welcome to call me. But from past experience, I don't believe any conspiracy theorist will do so.

I will tell you now though, that by calling me you are consenting to be audio recorded, and I retain all rights to that recording. I don't do this just for those calling about Possummomma, I do that because I'm an out atheist in a fairly conservative community, and having a phone number posted online sometimes results in hateful calls, so I use Google Voice to record those incoming calls.

Damnit. I messed up the quote thing.

Thanks for the post. So, if he has put up his phone number he is not getting my pity when people call him.

Yup. Pretty much what I thought. I think he truly believes/ed it was an unfounded witch hunt and that no one would call him. I wonder who *is* calling him, though.

Yup. Pretty much what I thought. I think he truly believes/ed it was an unfounded witch hunt and that no one would call him. I wonder who *is* calling him, though.

On the last post at the end he says what is bugging him about the calls is that people are calling in the middle of the night, and not leaving a message.

I believe him when he says he's getting calls, but one thing to remember is that it might not be someone who's angry about "Ruth." It could be a random person who found his blog and decided to call just to annoy him. It might be someone who's religious and doesn't like that he's an atheist, or someone else who has a grudge against him and is calling just cause a problem. Or it might be PM herself calling anonymously, trying to make those who have outed her look bad.

On the last post at the end he says what is bugging him about the calls is that people are calling in the middle of the night, and not leaving a message.

TURN OFF THE RINGER.

I went on PM's FB page and saw that on July 20th she got the "Jewel of Generosity" in bingo blitz. Now isn't that just special?

Thanks for the post. So, if he has put up his phone number he is not getting my pity when people call him.

Just because he offers his number on the blog doesn't mean people should be calling him about PM. What is he going to say that he hasn’t already printed?

People are basically intruding on the life of a grieving target of a con-woman.

ETA: Your "pity"? Oh FFS. I'm sure he'll lose sleep that you're withholding that.

I believe him when he says he's getting calls, but one thing to remember is that it might not be someone who's angry about "Ruth." It could be a random person who found his blog and decided to call just to annoy him. It might be someone who's religious and doesn't like that he's an atheist, or someone else who has a grudge against him and is calling just cause a problem. Or it might be PM herself calling anonymously, trying to make those who have outed her look bad.

That was exactly my thought as well. For some reason she is heavily invested in keeping Calladus on her side. Maybe he's giving her money regularly?

Yeah, I was trying to think for one reason someone from FJ, or someone upset about the Ruth fraud, would harass him in the middle of the night with phone calls, and...I got nothin. None of us here are really invested in proving him wrong - we are upset that he was duped, we disagree with his analysis of the situation, but those who are angry are angry at HER - not some random bystander.

It's not totally impossible that someone upset about the Ruth fraud would call him, but again, it strains credulity.

Who here actually has a lot invested in him being on their side? PM does. Who here actually has a documented history of inventing "enemies" to garner more sympathy to her side? PM does.

If PM truly is a fraud, which I believe the preponderance of evidence indicates she is, then it is far more likely she is the one making any late-night phone calls than it is a random upset Ruth fan calling some obscure friend of PM in the middle of the night.

If it were PM posting on her blog that she was receiving calls late at night, we would all call her out on it, since it would so closely mimic "Ruth's" story of someone showing up at her work and demanding to see her ID. So, naturally, she doesn't do that. But by calling Calladus, she can create nearly the identical effect - which is to get people to "back off" the criticisms and investigation, and have people raising a hue and cry that this has "gone too far."

Seriously, given Ruth's history of crying wolf, doesn't that seem like an odd coincidence?

She did the same as PM claiming some religious people were after her and her possums for being atheists. On the blog there was William a Baptist minister and then Tom and Nancy. On Split Coast Stampers there were various neighbors and teachers trying to 'teach her a lesson'. On the Gosselin related sites it was those readers out to get her. She makes these sock puppets up to go after her to give her an air of credibility and importance and bring in the attention. I could see her calling Calladus to keep up the ruse that people are out to get her. It's also a way to tarnish her readers and FJ by insinuating we're the crazy ones, not her. In addition to using this man for her own kicks she used her kids too. Claiming they wrote essays and having them answer questions on her blog. Then creating illnesses for them. There's the whole Penn Mommy thing too with the dead son and another son blogging. This woman will use anyone, fake, real or dead, to get attention and scam.

Calladus's last entry on PM is interesting and sad. He seems to be backing off a bit on his first defenses of her and gives a more detailed account of their day at the zoo. Apparently, PM was there with her (former) husband and all 4 young possums. Calladus was with his late wife.

According to this entry, now PM is just going "pretty red" in the sun while wearing sunscreen and protective clothing (that is a bit different from his former description). More importantly, both the former husband and eldest possum are implicated in/supporting the SLE claim in 2008. Both were pushing PM in a wheel chair. One wonders whether PM does have a lupus diagnosis, after all. Or perhaps her malingering and "claims" of having lupus extended to her immediate family. That would be just awful.

The inclusion of the former husband here is fascinating, because he is the person who "filed for divorce in December of 2009, and fought for full possession of the kids. He was successful enough in this to move with them across country. XXXX has been fighting for access to her kids since then."

On the other hand, the "false flag" business is puzzling. Does Calladus suspect the former husband of implicating his friend PM in all these personalities? From Scarlett to Jayhawkgirl, to Penn Mommy to Ruth. Why would people at FJ or even GDNNOP bother to go along with such a plot? That would be too weird for words.

I think Calladus is still in denial that his friend PM could be guilty of being Our Lady of Many Personalities. She is a complete victim to him, surrounded by evil people and far-fetched plots against her. He has bought PM's story hook, line and sinker and really doesn't want to believe that he was scammed. He may be wavering though.

I feel sorry for him.

Yes, absolutely, it could be PM/Ruth phoning him in the middle of the night to make FJ look bad. That would fit her modus operandi.

Wow....I don't even want to finish reading all the threads. My only question now is any bets on who our next faker/attention seeker will be? (Rhetorical question)

I have an idea, but I'm keeping my fingers from typing what I think...

Archived