IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

angelreneene.blogspot.com. If thats not right google her name and blogspot and it shouldcome up. It looks like she hasn't posted in about a year.

angelrenee, I think.

ETA: nope, you were right.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read all of the stuff about Ruth, and DeDe and XGG. Then someone suggested I read about Emily. Much to my surprise, there was Razing Ruth, chiming in with her suspicions about Emily. I had that weird feeling like when you look at adjacent mirrors and can see a million smaller and smaller mirrors going off into eternity. I can only conclude that Ruth is a master sociopath, participating in these Internet communities, all the while grooming her audiences for her own scams. You all seem like a bunch of very smart people; it must suck to have been taken in by her. I've got to say though that Ruth seems like a master manipulator preying on good-hearted people. I'm surprised that Vyckie continues to vouch for her credibility.

I was sure something was wrong when her sister gave her baby to lesbians. That was a little too much. Then little sis ran back to a life she professed to hate. Who in their right mind would go back to a life that had been portrayed as horrible? :wtf:

I was sure something was wrong when her sister gave her baby to lesbians. That was a little too much. Then little sis ran back to a life she professed to hate. Who in their right mind would go back to a life that had been portrayed as horrible? :wtf:

I thought that was weird also. Especially since it was ingrained into them that being gay is wrong. But I never thought razing Ruth was a fake.

It's so interesting how some things stood out to some people and not to others. Gay couples adopting is so common here that I didn't even blink an eye. I know several. That doesn't seem weird to me. For me it was how quickly things changed for someone who seemed ill equipped to handle change. The hurried and sloppy posting stood out to me but I brushed it off.

eta. I don't come from a fundie background so I never had that mindset drilled into me that gay = bad. I had lots of other crap drilled into me but not that one :-)

angelreneene.blogspot.com. If thats not right google her name and blogspot and it shouldcome up. It looks like she hasn't posted in about a year.

If you look at her profile she has a blog that she updated in April. She has had three separate blogs that I have followed, I never could figure out why she separated them or what the focus of each was. They all seemed to be about her life and relationship issues. I know that she is now divorced and moved on but never really understood exactly what the divorce was about and the abuse accusations were never really resolved.

Angel's story, though fragmented on her blog, is heart wrenching. She seems to have matured and is trying to get her life on track. Hope she is doing well. I have never read Vicky's story. Her site gives me a headache. Slightly curious to read her side of things. Not sure I want to dip my toe into that mess though. Seems like drama drama drama.

Wow....I don't even want to finish reading all the threads. My only question now is any bets on who our next faker/attention seeker will be? (Rhetorical question)

eta. I don't come from a fundie background so I never had that mindset drilled into me that gay = bad. I had lots of other crap drilled into me but not that one :-)

That was why I couldn't believe it when she said her sister had adopted out a child to a lesbian couple: It takes a long time to shed a prejudice that has been hammered over a period of years - a long time and at least some effort. I just couldn't see someone leaving fundamentalism and then giving her child to lesbians, so quickly, against a background where homosexuals are considered deviant and predatory.

I'm still catching up and I'm so sorry she's such a good story teller. It's too bad she didn't use her writing ability in a legitimate enterprise.

I am way too involved with this whole RR thing, but I wanted to say this. I do believe RR is a faker, BUT:

I am at a hotel writing this (check the IP! It's the Travelodge!) because my fiance has to get testing done at the University of Minnesota. He *might* have a rare form of soft tissue carcinoma. At any rate, he needs to get a tumor removed. This comes on the heels of my breast cancer (diagnosed 12/20/12), which I got chemo for, then had issues with radiation and am getting a double mastectomy and reconstruction done next month. THIS follows on the heels of a whole bunch of other drama. Prior to that? My life pretty....pretty...pretty...boring, which is why I don't have a blog.

I hope, by October, my life is back to the highlight of my day being a coffee at Starbucks.

Which is why, I think, most people give others a pass. I think we ALL have periods of time like that, where everything freaking explodes. Hopefully, the dust settles and it all goes back to normal. And although RR had peaks and valleys, she had some big explosions, but lots of little ones. If I had a blog, I guess I would tend to write more about the little explosions, so my life might seem a little more dramatic than it actually is, without it being actually untrue.

Actually, a friend of mine and I were joking that if I started a blog right now, no one would freaking believe it and I would get sent to those places that try to expose fakers. Probably true. But I really hope my fiance's tumor is clear. (It is SO true that it's harder to deal with someone you love being sick than yourself. I can deal with me and fix me, to some extent. I can't fix him. It's not in my control.) One funny thing: I half-joked with the surgeon that maybe cancer was contagious. He volleyed back that actually, my fiance should be immune from the radiation waves I sent out. Heh. Point to the good doctor.

Thanks for hearing me out. :)

It was never about the quantity of her disasters for me. I pegged her as a scammer the day I went from one of her installments on NLQ to her blog and saw the tip jar. That cracked the alarm bell on my bullshit meter.

It was never about the quantity of her disasters for me. I pegged her as a scammer the day I went from one of her installments on NLQ to her blog and saw the tip jar. That cracked the alarm bell on my bullshit meter.

You must have some Scottish genes. :lol:

I am way too involved with this whole RR thing, but I wanted to say this. I do believe RR is a faker, BUT:

I am at a hotel writing this (check the IP! It's the Travelodge!) because my fiance has to get testing done at the University of Minnesota. He *might* have a rare form of soft tissue carcinoma. At any rate, he needs to get a tumor removed. This comes on the heels of my breast cancer (diagnosed 12/20/12), which I got chemo for, then had issues with radiation and am getting a double mastectomy and reconstruction done next month. THIS follows on the heels of a whole bunch of other drama. Prior to that? My life pretty....pretty...pretty...boring, which is why I don't have a blog.

I hope, by October, my life is back to the highlight of my day being a coffee at Starbucks.

Which is why, I think, most people give others a pass. I think we ALL have periods of time like that, where everything freaking explodes. Hopefully, the dust settles and it all goes back to normal. And although RR had peaks and valleys, she had some big explosions, but lots of little ones. If I had a blog, I guess I would tend to write more about the little explosions, so my life might seem a little more dramatic than it actually is, without it being actually untrue.

Actually, a friend of mine and I were joking that if I started a blog right now, no one would freaking believe it and I would get sent to those places that try to expose fakers. Probably true. But I really hope my fiance's tumor is clear. (It is SO true that it's harder to deal with someone you love being sick than yourself. I can deal with me and fix me, to some extent. I can't fix him. It's not in my control.) One funny thing: I half-joked with the surgeon that maybe cancer was contagious. He volleyed back that actually, my fiance should be immune from the radiation waves I sent out. Heh. Point to the good doctor.

Thanks for hearing me out. :)

Wow... you are going through a lot.

I know you didn't intend to elicit attention to yourself, but as someone who has been there, done that with the cancer stuff, I wish you and your fiancé well.

That was why I couldn't believe it when she said her sister had adopted out a child to a lesbian couple: It takes a long time to shed a prejudice that has been hammered over a period of years - a long time and at least some effort. I just couldn't see someone leaving fundamentalism and then giving her child to lesbians, so quickly, against a background where homosexuals are considered deviant and predatory.

She may have gotten the idea of a lesbian couple adopting from FJ itself. She was playing to her audience.

I'm hoping for a nice lesbian couple, but that might be a bit much for her straight out of fundie-ism.

viewtopic.php?p=221659#p221659

I agree. Good find thekate! The lesbian couple adopting is what sealed it for me. It just seemed too contrived to me. From then on, I quit reading. It seemed as if she had a wall of protection around her in her supporters who seem to be absent now.

I did believe her for a while (gave $5 for which I received a thanks). Ironically, I did not receive a thank you after donating to Vyckie, who I believe is for real. Taking the whole thing apart RR's tip jar situation was a case of "she doth protest too much." RR went on and on about her reservations about putting one up and about her thought process about how others had urged her to do so. Yada, yada, yada. Mental note to self, next time someone makes a big hullabaloo about not wanting the money, it should be taken as a sign.

And what an attention-seeker RR was! When I think about it, there are so many things that have happened to me that I choose not to share; things that were equally dramatic and life-changing. Even if I had a blog of my own, there are some things I would have kept to myself. I think most people would have done the same. Also, I would have been embarrassed about having so many accidents and at some point I would have nursed my injuries in solitude. But I am not an attention-seeker. Rather, like most people, I'm somewhere in the middle. Most of us do not want to be ignored but would rather not have the spotlight on us all of the time.

Agreed. The very first post I ever read of hers, I could hear the tip jar shaking, very, very quietly.

Even if I had a blog of my own, there are some things I would have kept to myself. I think most people would have done the same. Also, I would have been embarrassed about having so many accidents and at some point I would have nursed my injuries in solitude. But I am not an attention-seeker. Rather, like most people, I'm somewhere in the middle. Most of us do not want to be ignored but would rather not have the spotlight on us all of the time.

I think that's the key -- we all know that other people have variations we may not share. So while I (and you) wouldn't want a spotlight on us in that way, we mentally allow for that other people might not mind it, or might actually bloom in the attention, or even that someone who was naive and having an extraordinary spell of stress in their life might actually need that attention as part of healing.

I guess the skillful scammers know that and use our mental allowances of others' quirks to make their fake stories seem real.

I still find myself mentally searching for ways that Ruth's story could have been true, some explanation that addresses all the oddities. But at least I now know better than to expect that explanation to appear...

In hindsight I wished I had held off on donating until after the Chicago trip was concluded because it was the posts during that supposed trip that sent my scam meter off the charts. I hope that "Ruth's" children aren't affected by her mental illness (she has to be nutso to keep this up IMO, not just some kind of scamming bitch) and don't suffer as a result of her scamming.

From what I understand her two older children do not have much to do with her.

I personally know of no one who has drama for four years, though, unless it is manufactured. I tend to shy away from those people because they exhaust me. If I want drama, I can watch Breaking Bad or Teen Mom.

My only point was that most people probably can have a year of absolute crap happening, and things like poverty or a death in the family could certainly enhance that. But for most people, it gets better and life falls back into balance.

It's really hard to discern how much drama is real and how much isn't, KWIM? My life seems pretty unreal when I step back and look at it, but it is. The friend I was laughing about my life with has had some equally dramatic things happen in the past year. Just because it happened in a Lifetime movie doesn't mean it DOESN'T happen in real life, either. :)

It is a good thing Ruth is fake, otherwise I'm sure we'd soon be hearing that she was nervous that she came into contact with a plague-infected squirrel while living in her car. Of course she would, in fact, come down with plague and then have a miraculous recovery. Or if she felt her fakery was soon to be discovered, she'd die from plague and we'd get an update (and requests for funds for the funeral) from a sock -- not sure who, because she has no friends.

A ground squirrel found in a Los Angeles-area campground has tested positive for plague, causing authorities to shut down part of the Angeles National Forest for at least a week, according to a public health advisory.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/25/us-usa-plague-california-idUSBRE96O0Z320130725

We've had almost four years of constant drama. Seriously.

And people have "dumped" us as if it is our fault. Because that is the definition of family and friendship.

We've had almost four years of constant drama. Seriously.

And people have "dumped" us as if it is our fault. Because that is the definition of family and friendship.

We have, too. I am ready for a break, any time now! It all started right before the youngest's 1st birthday when my husband was laid off for the 1st time. I'm hoping we're finally on to bigger and better things now. I won't hold my breath, though.

I'm sorry your friends and family are being crappy about it. :-( Thankfully, mine have been pretty good. I've only got about 3 close friends, though. lol

Archived