IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

:lol: I have it too. Definitely nothing sexy about IBS!!

Fighting a bout of it right now myself. :? I totally concur. :lol:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one with IBS here and endometriosis which the two tie into each other. IBS is no fun to live with and unlike Chrons which pills can help control inflammation with IBS you're basically screwed since it can come and go and what triggers you one day may not the next.

You know, I think I know which blog Ruth got her ideas from. It is uncannily similar to razingruth albeit with pictures and less drama.

I totally forgot the name of the blog. All I remember was that the blogger was part-German, bilingual, and went to live with her aunt in germany

Don't be giving "Ruth" ideas, now. You never know. She might need some super expensive surgery that cures IBS and is only available in Switzerland and if she doesn't have the surgery, she'll die. *queue tip jar appearance*

Don't be giving "Ruth" ideas, now. You never know. She might need some super expensive surgery that cures IBS and is only available in Switzerland and if she doesn't have the surgery, she'll die. *queue tip jar appearance*

After which she'll need a trip to EuroDisney to cheer herself up.

After which she'll need a trip to EuroDisney to cheer herself up.

:lol: Ah! Can't believe I forgot about the Disney stuff! Except she might need the Disney trip before the surgery in case she has an adverse reaction to the new anaesthesia they're trying on her because she has a rare blood type.

You know, I think I know which blog Ruth got her ideas from. It is uncannily similar to razingruth albeit with pictures and less drama.

I totally forgot the name of the blog. All I remember was that the blogger was part-German, bilingual, and went to live with her aunt in germany

Broken daughters, I think.

It is interesting that you brought that up. I thought that I related to Ruth's story but I confused it with Lisa at Broken Daughters. It was only when reading a bit at RR after the truth broke that I realized it wasn't Ruth I related to, but Lisa.

I really admire Lisa. She went to Germany and BLOOMED as a person.

It is interesting that you brought that up. I thought that I related to Ruth's story but I confused it with Lisa at Broken Daughters. It was only when reading a bit at RR after the truth broke that I realized it wasn't Ruth I related to, but Lisa.

I really admire Lisa. She went to Germany and BLOOMED as a person.

I have a case of insomnia tonight so I am reading her story. I do see parallels with PM story.

Fighting a bout of it right now myself. :? I totally concur. :lol:

Me three (or at least four by now). It's so not sexy. :(

Broken daughters, I think.

Yes! That's the one! I do believe it is where Ruth copied her style and many of her materials from.

Also, I have IBS too, strangely enough. I just got over a bout that lasted 2 weeks a few days ago.

Idea: you all start a group blog, share all the details including losing your home, cross-country travel, emergency surgery, lots of pregnant sisters-- and have that tip jar in a floating window in case we didn't see it. :D

Count me in for this.

About the street scammers that GVC mentioned...we had one particular one here in Calgary. She was an older lady, very thin, with long, straight, gray hair. She used to hang out in the Olive Garden parking lot, or sometimes the Superstore parking lot. Her story was that she just needed money for a bus ticket to get to BC. She had this same story for YEARS. It got to the point where my response became, "Still? You could have walked there by now!" I haven't seen her for awhile, but I sometimes wonder where she went, and what drove her to do that in the first place.

Wow! Just wow! :pink-shock:

I've been busy catching up on some trashy Highland romances and I log in on Friday and see the notice about RR. So then I google RR to pull up her blog and see there is now a GOMI thread on her. I head over there and read their 12 pages and then glance at RR's blog and then I fell down this rabbit hole and the next thing I know it's Monday morning. I finally finished reading the entire mega-thread this morning and nearly called in sick because I stayed up so late last night reading.

Here's what I posted on GOMI:

I always figured there were elements of truth to her writing buried beneath lots of embellishment. She should have just written a novel. I couldn't stop reading the early entries. I didn't start reading RR until just after the first kerfuffle with NLQ, but I never believed she was completely made up because of all the people vouching for her on FJ and NLQ. I'm glad I never donated any money to her. If I had read the early entries when they were first written I probably would have wanted to donate a bundle.

I'm glad I never gave her money. I kept meaning to, wanting to, but for some reason I just never followed through on it. I didn't pay much attention to the Harris stuff, I thought it was boring but whatever. I believed her when she posted about Rachel being pregnant. Teenage hormones are crazy things and like Jeff Goldblum said in Jurassic Park, "Nature always finds a way." I didn't believe for one minute though that a lesbian couple adopted Ellie. I thought that was Ruth taking creative license. I forgot about the baby being early and I can't say why I didn't pay more attention to that. When she posted about moving to Chicago I once again felt the urge to send her a few dollars and once again I didn't follow through.

I'm so very sorry she took advantage of the goodwill of so many people. Like countless posters before me, it makes feel good to know there are so many caring people out there who will help a stranger in need. I haven't been conned by an internet scammer, but I have fallen prey a couple of times to stranded motorists. I can only guess it's because it's one of my biggest personal fears.

I'm glad FJ has a post about RR on the front page. The only reason I never considered she was a lying, scamming, con artist was because of the legitimacy she was implicitly given by NLQ and some FJ posters. Hindsight being what it is though, I'm not sure why I believed that. Talking to someone on the phone and exchanging emails is not verification. One would think that NLQ would do a better job since they are a support group for such a vulnerable population. The whole situation is just so sad and bizarre.

I used to follow the Gosselin's. I liked them initially (I have no idea why) and then started reading TWOP, GWOP and even some fan sites. By the time Aunt Jodi and Beth disappeared from the show I had, had enough. I remember the Pennmommy hoax but didn't follow it in any great detail because I was so over all things Gosselin by that time and so I never bothered reading anything about possummomma. Besides, evangelical atheists irritate me more than Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons and Scientologists combined. (If you're a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon, please don't take offense, I just don't like people who bother me at home on the weekend.)

I've never come across jhawksgirl online, but there is something very familiar about Scarlett75 and it's driving me nuts. I'm headed over to TAR now and I still have to read the post in Chatter as well as the stamp page.

She got a lot of her things from a lot of places.

-Her mom had a preemie right after Josie Duggar was born.

-She was living in a camper right after the Shraders were

-She is supposed to be my age and a couple of times wrote things right after I posted them that were MOAR EXTREME (though I didn't think much of it at first because I believed her for a few months and it is to be expected that people with similar experiences would have some overlap).

-I bet if you look on every former fundie blog posted during that time period you will find something that lines up with what RR posted soon after. Broken Daughters, too, though Lisa didn't start blogging until 2011 and RR started in 2009.

Exactly. She claims to have met people but not one has come forward to vouch for her. Not one in 4 years. That's so odd. Why she didn't use a sock puppet to do that is also a mystery. Also, the crazy lady who went to her work had a lot of balls. You'd think she'd have the balls to speak up on the blog to defend her actions. Never happened. (cuz she didn't exist, ha!)

I, of course, agree that this lady never existed. But, if she had, I have no doubt that she wouldn't have 'fessed up. She was being made out to be a crazy, dangerous stalker who went totally off the deep end. Granted, asking to see someone's license would have been weird, but having worked in a couple of different public universities the idea of having someone stop by to see you is less "stalker" and more "perfectly normal" (when people know each, of course, and this pretend person was sold as someone who had personal contact with RR and had a meeting planned that was cancelled.) FWIW, at the time, I really felt bad for this pretend person who was having all kinds of accusations thrown at her.

Count me in for this.

About the street scammers that GVC mentioned...we had one particular one here in Calgary. She was an older lady, very thin, with long, straight, gray hair. She used to hang out in the Olive Garden parking lot, or sometimes the Superstore parking lot. Her story was that she just needed money for a bus ticket to get to BC. She had this same story for YEARS. It got to the point where my response became, "Still? You could have walked there by now!" I haven't seen her for awhile, but I sometimes wonder where she went, and what drove her to do that in the first place.

Ha Lainey, you had me loling at that! I had a similar thing happen when I was living in Nottingham. There was/is a beggar in the city centre who would ask people for change for his bus fare to Beeston (a suburb on the outskirts). Nottingham's not a large city and everybody knew him. One day he tried it with me but had forgotten to hide the massive pile of change he had already scammed from people throughout the day. I replied, "What - Beeston, Australia? Beeston, California? Not the Beeston just up the Derby Road?"

That got me also. Just before all the RR hoopla broke on here, I was actually following her blog and the FJ threads updating things on the "job that didn't exist" and I was wondering why no one here was confirming that they met her even as RR claimed to have met FJ'ers. I figured someone here would have confirmed. That was weird and I started to wonder what the deal really was.

That got me also. Just before all the RR hoopla broke on here, I was actually following her blog and the FJ threads updating things on the "job that didn't exist" and I was wondering why no one here was confirming that they met her even as RR claimed to have met FJ'ers. I figured someone here would have confirmed. That was weird and I started to wonder what the deal really was.

I could understand if she didn't want to meet anyone in person, and she could have easily expained that away by just saying she felt awkward, or scared or was too self conscious or shy or whatever. But instead she completely blew it by saying she actually had met people. She should have realized that if people were doing all this talking that part would have come out as fake when no one has said they have met her. Silly scammer.

<- Leaky gut :(

<- Leaky gut :(

Crohn's here... I always get the "I thought only /old/ people got that!" when people find out, so apparently 19 is the new old? :lol:

How come no one fakes IBS on the Internet (at least that I've heard of). I guess having gas, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea just isn't very sexy in Munchausen's suffers lol.

*disclaimer - I have IBS*

Lol, me, too. It's like we are ignored because we don't have a sexy disease. ;)

I was on Greyhound to visit my SO aka Mr Wild. At Eugene OR a guy came on our bus while the driver was busy. He asked for money for a ticket to get home for himself and his brother. I almost gave him money.

On the way home from CA, in Eugene again, same guy, same story. This driver was more aware, told the guy to get the hell off his bus and proceeded to chew him out. :lol:

I could understand if she didn't want to meet anyone in person, and she could have easily expained that away by just saying she felt awkward, or scared or was too self conscious or shy or whatever. But instead she completely blew it by saying she actually had met people. She should have realized that if people were doing all this talking that part would have come out as fake when no one has said they have met her. Silly scammer.

She walked straight into that one, that's for sure. She could have easily avoided it.

Archived