IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell us the first 3 are triplets.

Nope! I could be wrong, but she was married at 18 and has a baby every year.

Nope! I could be wrong, but she was married at 18 and has a baby every year.

Yep, and Monica is the oldest of 11 (I think) so she's got lots of time to make at least that many. I remember seeing photos of her mother at her wedding carrying her latest blessing that was 2 months old. Ick.

Blair is even more fertile, her babies are an average of eleven months apart. Monica are about 13, IIRC, but she started blessing production at a younger age.

I wonder how long they can keep it up. At the moment they're still having seemingly uncomplicated pregnancies and births but I wonder how long their luck will last. In Kelly's case, she had a fluke complication with her third (cord prolapse) and it went downhill from there. I don't know if the retained placenta (and generally anaemic appearance) after the fourth, or the premature fifth baby were directly related to her previous complications, but it's pretty obvious to even most (educated) pro-natural birth ppl that that many complicated pregnancies, that closely spaced is going to be at least a compounding factor.

Both Blair and Monica are birthing birthing so soon after their previous babies that they haven't recovered between-they're not loosing any weight, that's for sure. If they don't already have gestational diabetes with their current pgcies, they're both prime candidates. And GD increases the risks of all kinds of other things, both pregnancy related and generally.

We have to add Monica Brown to the list. She's 22(?) and expecting baby #4

Can someone tell me more about this family. But that's nuts 4 kids @ 22.

Can someone tell me more about this family. But that's nuts 4 kids @ 22.

And a breakdown of the Daming siblings' names and ages, please.

Don't know. But Monica is the oldest at 22ish and Thomas is the youngest at 4. Elizabeth is the second oldest, and there is an Isaac who is something like 7 and an Erica who is of adult-ish age. Elizabeth and Erica have public FB pages, although not a lot of info to glean there.

Don't know. But Monica is the oldest at 22ish and Thomas is the youngest at 4. Elizabeth is the second oldest, and there is an Isaac who is something like 7 and an Erica who is of adult-ish age. Elizabeth and Erica have public FB pages, although not a lot of info to glean there.

Corissa and Heidi are 18+(according to the "List of Unmarried Fundies), but I don't know their exact ages. Elizabeth had a blog named misselizabethdaming.blogspot.com. I think she erased it.

ETA: Can't find any other information about the Damings.

Erica is the oldest Daming. She has a photography site: marvelmore.com. Then it's Elizabeth (1988), Monica (1990), Corissa (1992), Heidi, Danielle, Anthony (1997), Nathaniel, Adam, Noah (2004), Isaac (2007), Thomas (2010). I don't know some of the kids ages, but that's in birth order.

Monica married David Brown (1991) on March 20, 2010. They had Iona Wisdom (Jan 2011), William Endurance (Mar 2012), and then Samantha Verity (Aug 2013).

Erica is the oldest Daming. She has a photography site: marvelmore.com. Then it's Elizabeth (1988), Monica (1990), Corissa (1992), Heidi, Danielle, Anthony (1997), Nathaniel, Adam, Noah (2004), Isaac (2007), Thomas (2010). I don't know some of the kids ages, but that's in birth order.

Monica married David Brown (1991) on March 20, 2010. They had Iona Wisdom (Jan 2011), William Endurance (Mar 2012), and then Samantha Verity (Aug 2013).

Thanks for the info!

I feel so sorry for all these hyper fertile fundie girls.

It must be so hard for them physically and emotionally to never have the time to cherish their little ones and to recover from their latest pregnancies. And since this is their purpose they are never really allowed to complain or get support to keep up with all those toddlers and small kids around the house. It isn't an excuse, but in their way of living it makes totally sense to blanket-train their kids and all that other horrible stuff those folks are doing to their children.

Poor poor kids.

Don't any of these girls/women fear pregnancy? Pray that they don't conceive yet another baby? I have talked to older women who were young moms long before birth control pills were available. Some have said how devastated they were to get pregnant and have babies every 1-2 years. They were so overwhelmed at having one child after the other. How can all these people welcome a baby a year as if it was no big deal? Is it an act to fit in? Children are stressful in a marriage, and area a lot of work. Doesn't any Morton or Smith or Sanders ever just want to limit the number of children they have? Take a 3-4 year breather? I am just amazed that they all seem so thrilled at each new baby, as if it was the first. What would happen if Kressant Morton said no more? Or a Duggar said two is enough for me?

Don't any of these girls/women fear pregnancy? Pray that they don't conceive yet another baby? I have talked to older women who were young moms long before birth control pills were available. Some have said how devastated they were to get pregnant and have babies every 1-2 years. They were so overwhelmed at having one child after the other. How can all these people welcome a baby a year as if it was no big deal? Is it an act to fit in? Children are stressful in a marriage, and area a lot of work. Doesn't any Morton or Smith or Sanders ever just want to limit the number of children they have? Take a 3-4 year breather? I am just amazed that they all seem so thrilled at each new baby, as if it was the first. What would happen if Kressant Morton said no more? Or a Duggar said two is enough for me?

Emily Brower, who had her first baby in the fall of 2012, had to write a post late last year asking her family and friend to stop questoning her about why she wasn't pregnant yet. I bet this happens to many of the married fundie women/girls :( The questions must have really made her mad. I couldn't believe she wrote a blog post about it. A couple of months later she announced her second pregnancy. I don't think any of the married S'Mortons want to limit the number of children they have. Last week someone claimed that Dorothy and Noah house is a smaller version of the TTH. Many of these women and girls might truly believe that they need to have as many kids as God's wants them to have :roll:

The fact that these women are having babies every 1-2 years is scary. It is going to be interesting to see how many kids they have. A few of them could beat Michelle and Kelly.

Before I got pregnant, I marveled at the women pumping out a new baby every year or so in an idle kind of way--like, "Wow, it must be exhausting to have to care for two toddlers and a newborn at once while homeschooling eight others. When does she sleep?" But I never thought about what it might be like to do all that pregnant.

Now I am 7+ months along with my first and wondering how anyone can stand doing this--just the pregnancy part--over and over and over again every year or every other year for 20+ years. Pregnancy is HARD. However, if/when I have a second child, at least I will know that after he/she is born, I never "have to" be pregnant again. (I have neither the time, nor the money, nor the physical or emotional wherewithal to have more than two kids.) QFers never give themselves that relief.

They'll announce a pregnancy before the end of summer.

I somehow don't hope that she gets knocked up so fast. I'd like for them to enjoy married life and the new liberties she probably gained by quitting her job as sistermum for boob and juterus. But on the other hand everyone expects her to have one blessing after another so the pressure must be high. and imagine what happens when she 'fails' to have a full quiver.

wow. again i am so glad not to live the fundie way of life.

What would happen say, if Jill couldn't get pregnant and it was found that Derick had a fertility issue like very low sperm count making it unlikely that they could get pregnant naturally? Would they try ivf or adopt?

Well, their annual mission trip to Central America would probably be changed into an annual adoption trip with the howlers choosing their new niece or nephew and Boob being as horrible as always when he tries 'to help the poor'. Maybe with Derricks connection to Nepal they would adopt from there. Don't know whats easier.

Michelle would probably be quite happy. No danger from Jill to outnumber her when it comes to prenancies..

Okay not a new baby announcement, but along the lines of speculating "what if" Jill Duggar couldn't get pregnant, has any one wondered about Rachel Wissmann? She had her second wedding anniversary recently and while I've seen some photos around of her in pants (gasp) indicating maybe her new hubby is a little less legalistic, she is older and I'm surprised she'd wait this long....

Okay not a new baby announcement, but along the lines of speculating "what if" Jill Duggar couldn't get pregnant, has any one wondered about Rachel Wissmann? She had her second wedding anniversary recently and while I've seen some photos around of her in pants (gasp) indicating maybe her new hubby is a little less legalistic, she is older and I'm surprised she'd wait this long....

I have wondered about Rachel Wissmann as well. I hope that it is their choice that they don't have kids yet, though I doubt it. Rachel was always doing stuff with/for children and I would think she would really want to be a mom. It must be so hard for fundie women who can't get pregnant, it's their sole purpose for being!

Don't any of these girls/women fear pregnancy?

Yes.

Pray that they don't conceive yet another baby?

No, because they've been convinced that it's selfish and sinful to not want more kids. Some even consider babies as rewards for doing well, so the more kids, the more they think God favors them. Like living breathing Girl Scout badges. They might secretly wish not to have more, but they wouldn't actively pray for that. God might think they were ungrateful and get angry.

I have talked to older women who were young moms long before birth control pills were available. Some have said how devastated they were to get pregnant and have babies every 1-2 years. They were so overwhelmed at having one child after the other. How can all these people welcome a baby a year as if it was no big deal? Is it an act to fit in?

They feel the same way as the women you talked to. I had 9 pregnancies in 10 years. With my 6th I felt sick with stress when the test came up positive. The next 3 times I cried for several days. My husband's reaction was stress and almost anger, even though it is what we'd been raised in and had accepted for ourselves. After the shock wore off we'd sigh and try to figure out how to handle a new child financially. Of course we love them and couldn't imagine our lives without them now, but then? Not so much. The overjoyed excitement is an act in the majority of fundy families, though they may not even realize it until the pressure is gone.

Doesn't any Morton or Smith or Sanders ever just want to limit the number of children they have? Take a 3-4 year breather? I am just amazed that they all seem so thrilled at each new baby, as if it was the first. What would happen if Kressant Morton said no more? Or a Duggar said two is enough for me?

I can't speak for those families, but when we decided that we were done having kids we kept it from our fundy family members for about a year. It wasn't until a holiday where family members were bringing up that we hadn't been pregnant in a while, and what we should name our next one, that we finally told them that there wouldn't be a next one. We were met with tears and silence. Later they asked if we'd reconsider, or if we just needed a little break before having more. They reluctantly accepted years later, and the pressure to keep having kids is entirely on other family members now.

At least Becca has some space between her kids. Not like some of the other women we are talking about here.

I'm stupid and only slept 2hrs. Nothing to see up there.

Joe and Mary Jane Mueller probably announce their next blessing til the end of this year. She got knocked up again quickly after having the 1st one. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they will have a full quiver.

Archived