IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

Voddie Bacham just adopted a little boy named Simeon....more children for Jasmine to care for since her mother is ill with lupus and other ailments. I feel sad for any child brought into this lifestyle.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abigail Benjamin should probably be added to the list. A couple months ago her doctor thought she might be miscarrying again but so far she still seems to be pregnant. She'd be due in late October.

Voddie Bacham just adopted a little boy named Simeon....more children for Jasmine to care for since her mother is ill with lupus and other ailments. I feel sad for any child brought into this lifestyle.

How the fuck did Voddie and his wife qualify to adopt? His wife is bedridden most of the time, and Jasmine does most of the child care, most of the house keeping and ALL THE SCHOOLING. Didn't a social worker consider the possibility that Jasmine may marry/leave in the next year or so, then who is going to care for an infant?

I know Voddie thinks it's Jasmine's job to be pretty so he doesn't stray, but how has he convinced himself and a social worker that it's her job to raise as many kids as he chooses to adopt?

Not to mention that he's all over the Internet endorsing corporal punishment.....

This is their seventh adoption....so sad for all the reasons you stated.

Wait, it's the seventh? I thought years ago that Voddie had a message (from God) that he was to adopt boys until he had eight total children. He now has nine-did I misunderstand and he meant adopt eight? Or has he had a new revelation?

Wait, it's the seventh? I thought years ago that Voddie had a message (from God) that he was to adopt boys until he had eight total children. He now has nine-did I misunderstand and he meant adopt eight? Or has he had a new revelation?

Poor kid. He's gonna get his little butt whipped soon. Voddie is another "educated", crazy fundie. Those can be the worst ones.

How the fuck did Voddie and his wife qualify to adopt? His wife is bedridden most of the time, and Jasmine does most of the child care, most of the house keeping and ALL THE SCHOOLING. Didn't a social worker consider the possibility that Jasmine may marry/leave in the next year or so, then who is going to care for an infant?

I know Voddie thinks it's Jasmine's job to be pretty so he doesn't stray, but how has he convinced himself and a social worker that it's her job to raise as many kids as he chooses to adopt?

Not to mention that he's all over the Internet endorsing corporal punishment.....

I'm not familiar with his family, but he expects his daughter to keep him from cheating? Did I get that right?

I'm not familiar with his family, but he expects his daughter to keep him from cheating? Did I get that right?

You got it right. This is what Voddie said in a video he posted several years ago:

A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that.

Like his erstwhile friends at VF and elsewhere, Voddie Baucham changes things to suit his bottom line "ministry." He's since the made the video private as well as scrubbing his website of his rebuttal defending that video to those who rightly criticized his bizarre "teaching."

You can read the discussions about it in a number of places such as Karen Campbell's blog, ThatMom (thatmom.com/2009/11/19/voddie-baucham-explains-the-video-clip-on-older-men-yearning-for-younger-women/).

Jennie and Matt Chancey had their 11th, a baby girl on May 26th. No name that I could get from Andrea Reins FB page,

I wonder if Voddie felt that, unless he could press her into being responsible for raising another sibling, Jasmine was going to take her intelligence off elsewhere and live her own life.

Looks like Jennie Chancey had her baby recently- a girl. persecutionproject.org/persecution-stories/a-tale-of-two-births/

Aaaaand Darby is knocked up! Twitter says so.

And she's been married for a little over 2 months, right? I know I shouldn't be surprised with fundies' fertility but MAN do these people "catch a baby" quickly... They must be having sweet relations pretty much 24/7. Wonder if the girls are able to walk properly in the first months of their marriage.

If Darby happened to have an ectopic pregnancy, that might make her see the women at the Planned Parenthood clinics she despises so much in a little different light. As much as I dislike her anti-choice activism, I certainly wish no harm on Darby nor her baby and hope her an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy kid. However, I'm not so sure she would be that generous on those poor women she yells at.

Is anyone else surprised that Jordan and Melissa Niednagel aren't expecting their fourth yet? Marian is 1.5 and her other kids are all under two years apart.

Sorry, forgot to add that Danielle Niednagel looks like she is expecting her fourth (see Jordan's latest post).

Is anyone else surprised that Jordan and Melissa Niednagel aren't expecting their fourth yet? Marian is 1.5 and her other kids are all under two years apart.

I forgot all about them. Melissa's family NEVER stay home. I don't know what the dad does but Ma Thomas has been able to make it to all the births of her grandkids. I got a feeling we will here from Melissa very soon.

I forgot all about them. Melissa's family NEVER stay home. I don't know what the dad does but Ma Thomas has been able to make it to all the births of her grandkids. I got a feeling we will here from Melissa very soon.

I think her dad works for an aerospace company. But, yeah they are never home. Melanie posted on their blog (themthomases) that she was gone for like 5 or 6 months straight. I have to say I'm a bit surprised none of the other Thomas kids have gotten married. I think Melanie is in her mid twenties and then Matthew and Michiah cant be far behind her. I would also expect Rebekah (Michael's wife) to be expecting soon, I believe their third is a year old.

I think I know too much about these people :?

Not really. Melissa got her girl and Jordan... Well, perhaps I should just leave it at "Melissa got her girl."

Not really. Melissa got her girl and Jordan... Well, perhaps I should just leave it at "Melissa got her girl."

Sorry I meant hear instead of "here". I kinda rushed through that comment. I actually thought Jordan was gay for a long time. Was very surprised when he married Melissa in a Robin Hood type theme. In fact the whole family LOVES to wear costumes and they appear to have fun quite a bit.

Wow..2 months huh? Who is Darby and are they VF or ATI fundie?

She's a Sproul by birth-- the daughter and granddaughter of Calvinist "royalty." (Grandpa = RJ Sr. and Dad = Jr.; Jr. is sometimes referred to as "Spanky" on FJ because of anecdotes regarding his position on domestic discipline.)

Emily (Case) Brower found out she's having a girl, not a boy like they thought - Phoenix Dahlia Brower.

And she's been married for a little over 2 months, right? I know I shouldn't be surprised with fundies' fertility but MAN do these people "catch a baby" quickly... They must be having sweet relations pretty much 24/7.

That will never not be funny! :lol:

Archived