IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

I only follow TV fundies but know that couple will be in-laws with Alyssa Bates when she marries John Webster so the names are familiar. They don't seem quite as fundie as most families talked about here so maybe this will be a case of a very large, 8 pound preemie born in seven and a half/eight months.

'Cause they announced when they had been married for literally 28 DAYS. There is such a huge chance something could go wrong with her pregnancy at this point. I understand wanting to share happy news but what if something does happen? Then you have to share heartbreaking news, not just with your close family but the whole freaking world of the Internet. Do these people not think??

...Oh, wait... :confusion-shrug:

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't just fundies announcing to the world. I've seen people run to Facebook within minutes of the stick turning and with some of tests will work days before their period is even due.

I only follow TV fundies but know that couple will be in-laws with Alyssa Bates when she marries John Webster so the names are familiar. They don't seem quite as fundie as most families talked about here so maybe this will be a case of a very large, 8 pound preemie born in seven and a half/eight months.

'Cause they announced when they had been married for literally 28 DAYS. There is such a huge chance something could go wrong with her pregnancy at this point. I understand wanting to share happy news but what if something does happen? Then you have to share heartbreaking news, not just with your close family but the whole freaking world of the Internet. Do these people not think??

...Oh, wait... :confusion-shrug:

Well you have people like Erin and Chad announcing their early miscarriage when they hadn't even announced the pregnancy, so I think these people view miscarriages as a pro life testimony and proof that they trust god with their reproductive systems, whatever he may choose to do with it. Why they think god would give them a much wanted pregnancy then have it fail to develop is beyond me, but that seems to be their attitude.

It isn't just fundies announcing to the world. I've seen people run to Facebook within minutes of the stick turning and with some of tests will work days before their period is even due.

I tested positive with a stick for both of my pregnancies several days before my period was due. LOL. They are pretty g-darned accurate. And that was starting 15 years ago. The stick doesn't lie.

This is true. I think social media is like personal news network and quite a few on there use ALL kinds of announcements and events as photo ops. People in general are far less private than years ago. Even in social settings, I've been pretty amazed at the depth of personal/bodily tmi shared.

I only follow TV fundies but know that couple will be in-laws with Alyssa Bates when she marries John Webster so the names are familiar. They don't seem quite as fundie as most families talked about here so maybe this will be a case of a very large, 8 pound preemie born in seven and a half/eight months. (...)

Nah... Her family seems fun and the girls dress cute but they do only wear skirts and they are very involved with IBLP and Journey to the heart.

So now that's confirmed what's lurking in Alyssa's near future: wedding in late May, sweet blessing by the Fourth of July (at latest). So much for them to "escape" the fundiedom.

I've never been pregnant (as far as I'm aware of) but if I were I would probably tell my family (=sister, parents, husband's parents) quite early so that I didn't need to pretend like nothing happened if I miscarried. BUT I would never tell the whole wide world about it - rest of the world will see it by it's own eyes sooner or later.

So now that's confirmed what's lurking in Alyssa's near future: wedding in late May, sweet blessing by the Fourth of July (at latest). So much for them to "escape" the fundiedom.

I've never been pregnant (as far as I'm aware of) but if I were I would probably tell my family (=sister, parents, husband's parents) quite early so that I didn't need to pretend like nothing happened if I miscarried. BUT I would never tell the whole wide world about it - rest of the world will see it by it's own eyes sooner or later.

My philosophy was always to only tell the people that I would tell about a miscarriage regardless. (Like, for instance I hadn't had a chance to tell my parents about a pregnancy - I was waiting to tell them in person at Christmas - but I told them when I miscarried anyway.)

What kind of squicks me out about this though is that she seemingly only told her family... Her sister posted it to Instagram. It's likely she doesn't want it on social media... Or FJ. I would probably have my sister's head if she posted my pregnancy on a public Instagram when I was that early in a pregnancy.

Same here - but telling my MIL would be pretty much the same like sharing in openly on facebook... So if I get pregnant I have to convince my (almost) husband to tell her last. :D

Exactly, Lilith-- fundies want to announce that as soon as they know because it reinforces their idea that "life begins at conception"--and if they miscarry in the coming weeks, they get be a martyr (I know that miscarriage is a terrible heart-wrenching thing for many, but we all know of a few fundies attention seekers (J'Chelle, cough cough) who have gloried in the drama of it all.)

Tiffany (McDonald) Hector is pregnant with #3.

asimplerenaissance.blogspot.com/2014/04/life-as-we-know-it.html

See last image in post.

Jordan and Olivia webster who married March 29 are already pregnant. Her sisters are posting selfies on instagram to mark the occasion :S

They wasted no time.....

And following a page from the Servens with no announcements, just pictures, Katie Valenti Bradrick and Phillip Bradrick had their third, a girl in mid April....The pictures were on her FB page, they have 3 children in a little over 5 years so not as close as some.

And following a page from the Servens with no announcements, just pictures, Katie Valenti Bradrick and Phillip Bradrick had their third, a girl in mid April....The pictures were on her FB page, they have 3 children in a little over 5 years so not as close as some.

Yes, Claire Elaine on April 17. It was in their church's online prayer guide. https://web.archive.org/web/20140429164 ... -24-14.pdf

at least that is a decent girl name..

Zsu is about to pop everyday now. Somehow I'm glad that the rest of her pregnancy went pretty smooth although I hate it that another poor innocent child is born into this family.

And she has had him! Boaz Barnabas Anderson was born this morning.

Wow, what a name.

Yes, big name for a baby. Or anyone, really. There are so many nicer names in the Bible that they could have chosen. I wonder what the other twin would have been named had he lived? Did they or are they having a service for him? I can't recall how far along she was when the other twin died. J'Chelle was what, 18 weeks with Jubilee? I think Zsu was past that point.

I'm sure she will disclose all that in her promised forthcoming birth story. My guess is they will have a service for him. It will be interesting to know what they named him.

Wow that is some name. Poor kid.

I love the name Boaz. Barnabas I can take or leave.

And she has had him! Boaz Barnabas Anderson was born this morning.

When I first read this, I thought it said Boaz Barabbas. All I could think of was The Passion reading from Good Friday. Either way, I feel for the child. I hope they call him Bo.

I hate Boaz but don't mind Barnabas. Boaz was a good character in the bible though, so I can understand them choosing it.

I think there is a Christian conspiracy to out Christian each other in children's names. New Testament names are no good because they are used too often by worldly people.

Joshua is always popular, being the original form of Jesus. Otherwise, I keep meeting babies called Nehemiah, Isaiah, Josiah, Elijiah, Malachi and similar at school and church. Boaz and Barnabas wouldn't stand out at my church. (Not at all fundy!)

In contrast, our local fundies, the Christian Brethren, don't use religious name at all. I've known a lot of Hayden:Jayden/Brayden and Cody/Brody/Rody boys through the Brethrens.

Archived