IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kody used to be supportive of having another baby but meri has been wishy washy for a year, telling everyone the reasons they should not have one. I was pretty confused because she said she was goIng there to tell him to start proceedings but she didn't even tell him that.

While painful to watch, I actually appreciated that Kody gave a concrete answer. Meri has been hemming and hawing about this for years, and I think her "well, I was ready to go forward with more testing" thing was just another way to drag it out. She's 42. If she truly wanted another child, she would have gone for it by now (when Kody was willing). I don't think she wanted to go through with IVF, ultimately, but she enjoyed the attention that her constant indecision gave her.

So, which wife is currently his favorite? I think Robyn was the shinny, new, toy the last two years but I sense he is getting tired of her. There has been friction with the other 3 and I never got the sense he and Janelle had anything but a friendship.

Janelle is actually working with Mona to rent houses. I was stunned that, even though it was Janelle, there was a Brown working. Not sure if this is on SWB yet, but a lady who lives in Vegas told me about it. I'm not exaggerating, I was shocked.

Why the shock? Janelle was always the one with the biggest work ethic, most realistic view of money and the biggest desire to get out of the house.

Right, which is why I said they should have found a different manufacturer, if that was even possible. I agree about sliding doors, I don't have them in my home either. But I also don't have 17 kids to feed and send to college even after filing bankruptcy and having no employment. Beggars can't be choosers, but I guess they can when its funded by a short-lived reality show.

I live in a gated community and the floor plans were tightly controlled by the developer/builder. Most of the houses are large, but there were a few smaller one-story plans as well. Mainly due to the baby boomers who don't like staircases as they get older, I understand from people in the real estate field in this area, that one-story homes actually cost more per square foot than the two-story houses. The ones in my neighborhood are generally owned by older empty-nester people and have the same quality, but are just smaller to accommodate their needs. I don't know about the Brown's situation, but I just wanted to point out that many developers do offer slightly smaller homes in these planned communities to account for these situations. So it is possible that she could have chosen a smaller home for a little less money, and therefore would also spend less money to air-condition it, less on property taxes and insurance, etc.

Some developers do that and I've looked at several of those models as I contemplate downsizing. However, this developer did not offer a variation in size. They had the choice of only one basic design with maybe ten options such as the wet bar, hobby room, moving the laundry area, etc. They could possibly have bought in a different development, but with their financial complications it appeared that this was the only developer able to reach an agreement with them on terms both sides could accept. I've heard also that they wanted to stay in the same school zone so the kids wouldn't have to switch schools. Add in that they wanted the houses all next to each other and their choices were much more limited.

Yeah, it may have been editing, but Kody seemed to handle the situation just terribly. Just shut Meri down completely.

His body language said it all. Meri should have thought about having another baby with a surrogate 16 years ago. To have an 18+ year span between kids is tough-for the child as well to have "older" parents! I do feel for her; I have two kids, but wanted four (hubby only wanted two). She and Kody really do need to work out her position in the family and hopefully her "sister moms" will be sensitive to her feelings regarding her empty nest.

Nothing like having a huge, 5 bedroom house to ease the feelings of having an empty nest.

All sounds scripted to me--Kody pressing, pressing, pressing, and then he doesn't feel it? But she was going to explore it but just not talk about it until now--and then not talking about it to him, but to Sobyn? And still leaving it open ended? All staged for TV but I think they may have underestimated how compelling viewers will find this continuing storyline.

Once again shows that this is not one family with sister wives and they are all "moms." If Meri truly felt like a "mom" to the other kids she would have plenty to care for.I can see Christine not wanting to leave her kids with Meri all day as her whole identity is being the SAHM, but Janelle kids could use their "mom" while Janelle goes to do actual work, which is what she wants to do.

This situation is more "Raise the Red Lantern" than "Sister Wives."

If Meri wanted a baby she would have immediately jumped at the chance for IVF when she and Kody discussed it in Mexico or she would have jumped with happiness when Robyn offered to surrogate for them. I don't know one person struggling with infertility and really wanting a baby who had to contemplate such offers for such a long time. She's been biding her time knowing her chances for IVF get worse the longer she waits and probably hoping Robyn gets pregnant again. I think the whole story line has been fake and forced since the beginning. I hope it's done now.

If Meri wanted a baby she would have immediately jumped at the chance for IVF when she and Kody discussed it in Mexico or she would have jumped with happiness when Robyn offered to surrogate for them. I don't know one person struggling with infertility and really wanting a baby who had to contemplate such offers for such a long time. She's been biding her time knowing her chances for IVF get worse the longer she waits and probably hoping Robyn gets pregnant again. I think the whole story line has been fake and forced since the beginning. I hope it's done now.

I certainly wouldn't take that long, but I did take a break in my several years of fertility treatments before I decided to do IVF. We had (financially at the time) one shot to do it, and I was scared to face the end result of all those many hopes if the IVF didn't work. We took at least 7 months off before I was finally ready to do it. The old saying of "don't ask the question if you don't really want to hear the answer..." But yes, Meri's overly long hesitation seems rather scripted. Maybe kody is taking the fall for her on tv and saying no so she won't look bad.

I agree with those that think Meri dragged this out for the attention and sympathy.I think that her asking Kody what he felt about it was an out for Meri.IMO, it's pretty obvious that Kody enjoys the peace and quiet of a clean, kid-free house to escape to every four days, and I think they both enjoy their freedom, and the lifestyle they can afford together having just the one child to support with the same amount of money as the wives with a handful of kids.

If the Brown family thinks that they are giving a good picture of polygamy, they need to watch tonight's show five times straight through.

I agree with those that think Meri dragged this out for the attention and sympathy.

I think it was dragged out for the sake of a TLC storyline more than anything else. After a certain point Meri probably never intended to have another child and her weepiness probably related more to her feelings of religious guilt than it did about agonizing over the decision.

Sobbin Robyn's drama was almost too much for me this week...."DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!" "DO NOT MAKE ME A VICTIM!" Honey, you play the victim role so well! :music-tool:

Why the shock? Janelle was always the one with the biggest work ethic, most realistic view of money and the biggest desire to get out of the house.

Because ever since the show started, none of them have really worked. The MLM green goo was a scam, the jewelry was not happening for them, and they all seemed to be happy living off the TV $. I got the impression they viewed the show as their job.

Sobbin Robyn's drama was almost too much for me this week...."DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!" "DO NOT MAKE ME A VICTIM!" Honey, you play the victim role so well! :music-tool:

Robyn should not be allowed to speak at any public event. Of all the sister wives, she is the least articulate. Janelle should be the spokes person.

Robyn should not be allowed to speak at any public event. Of all the sister wives, she is the least articulate. Janelle should be the spokes person.

Agree. Robyn just showed how much of a twit she is by attempting public speaking.

I really like Janelle, and she seems so out of place in this family. She is smart and independent. I keep wondering why she's still around.

Janelle definitely should speak for them. "I have my own bank account...I don't share with Kody!" shut some people up. Neither side could see the others point of view.

The aunt who was so anti polygamy has a book and an anti polygamy website, I'll have to check it out. Just google krysten decker.

Agree. Robyn just showed how much of a twit she is by attempting public speaking.

I really like Janelle, and she seems so out of place in this family. She is smart and independent. I keep wondering why she's still around.

I thought I heard Janelle say last night that she could see herself going it alone, or something along that line. Was I hallucinating?

I thought I heard Janelle say last night that she could see herself going it alone, or something along that line. Was I hallucinating?

Yeah in the preview for next week and it was probably taken out of context to lure in people

Robyn, we don't need to make you a victim. You do that quite well on your own. :lol:

I heard Janelle say exactly those words. If she left: would Kody feel the need to immediately replace her? How would custody work in a their set-up? Could Janelle sell her home outright?

I heard Janelle say exactly those words. If she left: would Kody feel the need to immediately replace her? How would custody work in a their set-up? Could Janelle sell her home outright?

1) no idea what he would do

2) just as it would in any case with kids and parents. They either agree on custody, visitation and support or Janelle files suit. One thing possibly in her favor is she is the second 'wife' and I believe her children, or at least one or two were born before Mariah. Not sure how the court would look at Kodys obligations to the other offspring and if it would or could consider income from all five adults in setting support, especially post high school education expense.

3) not if he is a co-owner. The mortgage company may have a say so as well.

Edited: damn autocorrect

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived