IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

Did anyone else LOVE it when they were doing a VoiceOver about the family mission statement and the screen showed all of them outside drinking what looked like Kool-Aid?! I laughed my ass off.

Robyn's son hasn't been shown in a few episodes, but her older daughter has been on, and calls Kody "dad."

Wow, did we get through an entire episode without tears from Meri?

Is he at the age where he can choose which parent he lives with? I know that I would choose to leave the circus. I remember Robyn saying that he is on the spectrum. Having his life change so drastically and being in a large family must be hard for him.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he at the age where he can choose which parent he lives with? I know that I would choose to leave the circus. I remember Robyn saying that he is on the spectrum. Having his life change so drastically and being in a large family must be hard for him.

Yes, he is. In the first season when Robyn married in she mentioned she was worried about him adapting and that he only had a year until he could decide what parent to live with.

I was googling Robin Sullivan Brown and found several articles that said the older Brown children were bullying her kids.

Remember when Kody helped Robin pick her wedding dress? Another article said that Janelle (or maybe Christine) was so upset that she actually left for 3 days. TLC waved their magic editing wand to make it look like she was only gone a short time.

I think that was Christine. She was quoted on the show as saying the whole wedding dress incident was really painful and Kody never cared about her wedding dress. I read in their book that she made her wedding dress herself (and it was super unflattering, imo).

Has anyone watched the house tours on the TLC site? Meri (my phone auto-corrected her name to Nero, ha) and Robyn sure have a ton of add-ons and extra rooms. The giant wet bar in a kitchen she doesn't ever cook in? Meri almost disgusts me now, which is funny because I felt sorry for her the first season. She seemed very unhappy then and I imagine she just takes her bitterness out on others now. Mariah seems to be the same way. What a waste of money for all the wasted space/electricity.

That whole purity lecture was disgusting. People are more than hymens, Robyn. Also, talking about the "biggest mistake of [your] life with the resulting child in the room? Not okay.

I'm glad I didn't see that episode, because I wouldn't have been able to contain my anger. My dad did that to my sister and me--he talks about what a mistake his first marriage was and that we ruined his life because we were born when he was "too young." (He was almost 23 and 26, by the way.) Knowing that your parent wishes you were never born is a hurt that never goes away. I hope Robin's kids haul ass to their father's at the first opportunity. And I hope Robin has to pay child support, too.

I actually liked this show when it first started. Kody was always a douche, but the sister wives were relatively likable. Not anymore. They make me sick.

I'm stealing this information from TWOP since it doesn't seem to have made it here yet.

1) Kody's Dad (and Janelle's step-dad) Winn passed away Saturday (8/24/2013).

sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/william-winn-brown-kodys-father-passes.html

2) Robyn's timeline for getting pregnant before she got married awfully tight for getting pregnant, realizing she was pregnant, getting married and later giving birth. She apparently got married on 6/26/1999 and had Dayton early March 2000. While it might be possible, it seems awfully questionable to me.

That *is* pretty tight. I had a baby this past March. She was born March 14th. I watch my cycle closely, and I didn't even have any inkling I was pregnant until July 3rd. I waited another 5 days just to be sure before I even took a test.

Hmmmm.

2) Robyn's timeline for getting pregnant before she got married awfully tight for getting pregnant, realizing she was pregnant, getting married and later giving birth. She apparently got married on 6/26/1999 and had Dayton early March 2000. While it might be possible, it seems awfully questionable to me.

There would not have been much time to determine she was pregnant, but she could have been a week or two late giving birth. And she may have gotten a pregnancy test as soon as her period was late. From what she has said about her ex, I can't think of any other reason to marry him.

Robin's kids sure seem to like Kody. They call him Dad and look very comfortable around him. I think he does try to be a good polygamous father. Both Kody and Joe Darger appear to be very fatherly with their step children.

I'm stealing this information from TWOP since it doesn't seem to have made it here yet.

1) Kody's Dad (and Janelle's step-dad) Winn passed away Saturday (8/24/2013).

sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/william-winn-brown-kodys-father-passes.html

:shock: So Janelle is also Kody's stepsister?

Did this happen before or after they got married?

It says he's survived by three wives. And that the third one wishes to stay out of the public eye. Interesting, I thought he just had the two!

There would not have been much time to determine she was pregnant, but she could have been a week or two late giving birth. And she may have gotten a pregnancy test as soon as her period was late. From what she has said about her ex, I can't think of any other reason to marry him.

Robin's kids sure seem to like Kody. They call him Dad and look very comfortable around him. I think he does try to be a good polygamous father. Both Kody and Joe Darger appear to be very fatherly with their step children.

I was reading over on SWB that the dates Wikipedia and a few other sources have are wrong. Day-un's birthday is in January. I believe this was confirmed with a passage from the book and one of the episodes wherein Meri and Day-un share a birthday party, but I don't have time to wade through the many threads over on SWB to double check that.

Well that makes more sense. I'm actually glad to know that. I was horrified to think that they just made up her entire story for a plot point on the show. That would have been disgusting.

Yes, she certainly would have known she was pregnant if she wasn't due until January.

:shock: So Janelle is also Kody's stepsister?

Did this happen before or after they got married?

Their parents married after J&K did.

Yes, he is. In the first season when Robyn married in she mentioned she was worried about him adapting and that he only had a year until he could decide what parent to live with.

Theres no way he was there if she told that story. I'd be horrified if my mother cried, called me a horrible mistake and a waste of her "purity", blamed me for forcing her into a horrible marriage... in front of the entire family! I cant believe she'd even say those things about her child in front of the other kids. If they didnt tease him before I can only imagine what would happen if he came back to the homes.

No mention of the daughter in that little rant. Was she a mistake too?

Theres no way he was there if she told that story. I'd be horrified if my mother cried, called me a horrible mistake and a waste of her "purity", blamed me for forcing her into a horrible marriage... in front of the entire family! I cant believe she'd even say those things about her child in front of the other kids. If they didnt tease him before I can only imagine what would happen if he came back to the homes.

No mention of the daughter in that little rant. Was she a mistake too?

I dont think there is a difference between him being there and not being there. She said it on a television show. Its now out there for the whole world to see. It must be painful for him to watch him mom say that.

I hope the judge that manages their custody is watching the show. It might be time to evaluate the custody situation.

I found out on June 14th 2009 that I was pregnant (I found out the day of my SIL's graduation party so I just looked up the date from photos on facebook) and my son was born in early March. He was over a week late but I would have been allowed to go up to March 10th before they would have induced me.

I had my son March 18 (due the 23rd), and I found out I was pregnant in mid July. If he ws born in March, she definitely had a shit gun wedding....while the pee was still wet on the stick! However, if he was born in January than that makes more sense.

Edit: I was going to fix my typo, but decided to leave it. A shit gun wedding sounds much more fun than a shot gun wedding!

Has anyone watched the house tours on the TLC site? Meri (my phone auto-corrected her name to Nero, ha) and Robyn sure have a ton of add-ons and extra rooms. The giant wet bar in a kitchen she doesn't ever cook in? Meri almost disgusts me now, which is funny because I felt sorry for her the first season. She seemed very unhappy then and I imagine she just takes her bitterness out on others now. Mariah seems to be the same way. What a waste of money for all the wasted space/electricity.

Yeah I lurk over at SWB blog, and watched the videos. I don't care for the 2 story ceilings & feel that those really took up a good portion of the floor space (from the limited amount of the houses that we saw anyway). I didn't really care for the floor plan, but I am glad though that they stayed out of the kids' bedrooms & they got to keep some privacy. I just would have taken that TLC money & used it to pay off the 2 mortgages on the Lehi house, and popped a double wide in the back for Meri & let Robyn have her apartment, rather than go into deeper debt on 4 houses, but that's just me. Or if you HAVE to live in Vegas, buy an apartment building & knock some walls out between units to accommodate Christine & Janelle's larger families.

I know they seem to emulate Big Love, and I keep secretly hoping Janelle & Christine grab their kids & run, like Don Embry's second & third wives. Although I don't expect J & C to be together in a romantic fashion:)

Isn't he the one with an ASD as well? Way to go, Robyn - give a kid another reason to worry that he doesn't measure up.

I've heard a lot of similar stories. It's totally possible for something good to come from a huge mistake, and Robyn did go on to say how grateful she is for Dayton. I don't disagree that the story probably wasn't best to tell around young children, but I see it more as a product of the whole problematic purity culture than as evidence that Robyn is a terrible person.

Yeah I lurk over at SWB blog, and watched the videos. I don't care for the 2 story ceilings & feel that those really took up a good portion of the floor space (from the limited amount of the houses that we saw anyway). I didn't really care for the floor plan, but I am glad though that they stayed out of the kids' bedrooms & they got to keep some privacy. I just would have taken that TLC money & used it to pay off the 2 mortgages on the Lehi house, and popped a double wide in the back for Meri & let Robyn have her apartment, rather than go into deeper debt on 4 houses, but that's just me. Or if you HAVE to live in Vegas, buy an apartment building & knock some walls out between units to accommodate Christine & Janelle's larger families.

I know they seem to emulate Big Love, and I keep secretly hoping Janelle & Christine grab their kids & run, like Don Embry's second & third wives. Although I don't expect J & C to be together in a romantic fashion:)

I own a condo and according to the documents, I can buy and combine any of the units, as long as I do not change the exterior of the buildings and pay the maintenance fees on all of the units I own. I don't think anyone has ever done this (made a mega unit) but there are 16 units in each building, four units facing each side. It would be rather easy to renovate them, especially if someone just did doors between the units (similar to adjoining hotel rooms) and/or a wrought iron spiral staircase if combining bottom and top units. Hell, they need not even adjoin, but I can understand that they would want to have access for the children without going outside. Renovate back to single units when done, no problem with resale.

FWIW, I'm not a Meri hater (I think I might be the only one hold out left.) I think it's an oppressive culture for someone who does not have many children. As a childless person myself, I also get tired of the short end of the stick simply for nor breeding and if I were in her shoes, I would have wanted a nice house too. Of course, I'm practical, so I would have been campaigning for a more reasonable, cost effective solution, but I still wouldn't want to live in a 2 BR house, or trailer, or apartment while my sisterwives got McMansions. There are plenty of things that shouldn't be split equally among the 4 wives in that family, like food budgets. But housing is a different story. (I also think she has no intention of having another kid, but this is being played for TLC's, an ultimately the Brown's financial, benefit.)

That said, were I Janelle, I'd be pissed that I got a combo birthday, anniversary, Christmas bed on my 20th anniversary when Meri went to Mexico (although, I suspect TLC paid for that.)

^ I agree to an extent. Meri deserves a similar size house in regards to the general living and entertaining space. However, 4 extra bedrooms is completely ridiculous. A 3 bedroom would be fine, having a master, a bedroom for Mariah when she comes home, and a guest room for the other kids that stay over sometimes. I don't have kids but I have a 3 bedroom house, and its nice to have a guest room and office considering there's not a lot of square footage. But a bonus wet bar? The giant kitchen she never cooks in? Three spare guest rooms? No sliding doors allowed? She could be a bit more humble, despite the bad card she's been dealt in life.

To make things clear though, I don't think any of the wives needed houses that big anyway with all the college-age kids leaving next year. They should have found a different home manufacturer, they didn't seem to be able to customize them much at all (hence the wet bar only being available in a 10 bedroom house or whatever the deal was.)

I just finally watched the house tour videos and was surprised just how similar and cookie-cutter their houses really look. Also, it seems they rushed in so quickly that none of them bothered to make paint choices - the walls in every house are ALL white, not one color or variation. I was trying to figure out why they all looked so boring and sparsely decorated and realized how much nicer it might have looked to add some colors to the walls. But that's just me, I hate white paint unless it's deliberate to the design.

I agree that Meri isn't the only one that didn't need such a huge house, and maybe her standards would have been lower if the rest of the wives wanted smaller houses too. But I guess when you've always shared space you feel spoiled when a tv show pays for you to get whatever you want, and I may have taken advantage of it as well. Although I come from tiny rowhouses and basement apartments in DC/Baltimore, so I'd feel spoiled having 3 bedrooms and a dining room.

It's the gated community they chose and to keep property values equivalent, they couldn't build a 'smaller' house for Meri, say 2000 sq ft., they had limited floor plans to choose from and all were McMansions. They all actually chose the exact floor plan and just personalized each of them according to the available options. Agree with the cathedral ceilings / open rooms, that's a lot of wasted space and a bitch to keep cool! For the money they paid, they are very cookie cutter, don't appear to be high quality (ie. no backsplash, no hardwood, limited tile and what appears to be low quality carpet, already showing wear in some areas!)

The builder only gave them the one floor plan with the various options.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived