IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why am I not surprised that Meri and Robin cheated but Jenelle and Christine didn't?

Same. Plus all the giggling. I feel bad for Janelle & Christine in that marriage.

I hate Mariah as much as I did in the last episode, she's a brat. I thought that Kody's talk with Mariah was really good. I liked how he got the point across without being upset or mean, it showed me that he might be a good parent on that part.

He did OK for a change. At least he didn't let Meri keep feeding Mariah's victimhood.

He did OK for a change. At least he didn't let Meri keep feeding Mariah's victimhood.

I'm glad others thought so too - I was worried I was becoming soft in my old age.

I actually think he's a decent dad. Not stellar but he seems to be pretty engaged when he's around the kids.

He IS decent in that he tries to build meaningful relationships with his children, unlike JimBob. However, just like JimBob, he has way too many kids to be there for all of their needs. I mean shit, he's only around once every four days, things still happen on the other three (I still think Kody may get more kuality time with his kids than JimBob, even with the every-four-days bull).

Not to take away from Kody's handling of the Mariah situation but I did feel like he was one step away from telling her to "keep sweet".

Honestly, I don't think they're terrible people. They've got their faults, but they don't seem like crazy fundies, and it looks like their kids have turned out well so far and will have excellent chances of leading normal lives. I'd take them over the Duggars any day. I think their biggest mistake is doing the reality show. I think that is more damaging to their family than the polygamy or anything else.

They are not perfect parents, but then, none of us are. From what we see on the show, the kids seem to be pretty well adjusted. I was surprised Mariah had a job. They let their kids go to public school, collages, and have non-family friends. They seem like they will be "ok" if the kids just 1 man/woman marriages.

Their lifestyle is not for me. But as long as they are consenting adults, who am I to judge.....

Do we know that for sure? Jenelle was divorced, I believe when she married Kody. So was Robin.

I think the poster meant that Meri and Robin "cheated" at the stupid scripted caramel-making competition in the latest episode. Nothing to do with former marriages.

Janelle was married before she married Kody... To Meri's brother. They didn't have any children though. Then Robyn, as everyone knows, was married and had three kids before. The fact that Janelle has walked away from a marriage before makes me believe that she would be the first to leave her obviously dysfunctional relationship with Kody once her children grow up. She has also left for a period of time before the show an lived as a single mother. I really like Janelle. I have hope for her and her children.

Jenelle has been my favorite since the first season, with Meri running a close second.I thought Robyn was a manipulative crybaby, and Christine a bit of a dull-wit.My opinions changed quickly after a couple seasons-now I think Christine is not such a dullard;I think she just married young, and never really grew up..and though she seems to be the "keep sweet" wife, I can't say I dislike her for it, because I'm beginning to think she really is just sweet naturally.If it weren't for some of her odd comments about "what if, God forbid, I went to someone to help me get out and they did?!"-she's brought it up twice, now, in seperate seasons.Maybe she thinks this way because she's the "blue-blood polygamist"?Idk...

I don't know how the other kids can stand Mariah(actually, I don't think they can).I picture her being more of a manipulative version of Meri-I don't see her as happy as a plural wife as she thinks she'll be...

My personal theory on the Utah to Nevada move is that their houses got so cluttered they just gave up and decided to buy new ones. Did you ever notice how much crap fundies always have lying around when you see their homes on tv or in photos? It's probably because they generally have so many people living in the same space (although all those kids could certainly help tidy up) but if these new (tacky!) Mcmansions that the Browns bought become cluttered then we're going to have to consider a new excuse.

Also, Jannelle has already moved on from this freakshow in her mind; you can see it in her eyes whenever Meri or Kody speak. When Robin is speaking and the camera pans to Janelle the expression on her face is "I wonder if there's enough space in my new backyard to bury a body?"

It's been said that the builder has given them interest only loans for three years. The expectation by the viewers is that the show will be dead by then and they'll lose the houses. It's just another joy ride to nowhere that Kody and his harem are taking the kids on.

(Former escrow officer here) And those types of loans with balloon payments, made to "self-employed" (or in the Browns' case, functionally unemployed) people are a major reason why the real estate market tanked, followed by the rest of the economy. Regulations are so much stricter now than 6/7 years ago, when any Tom Dick or Harry could inflate their income and qualify for a $300,000 loan. Then, lo and behold, when they couldn't flip their house (like the one day seminar they'd attended said), or qualify for a refinance, they missed the balloon principle payment and had their property foreclosed on.

And this, my friends, is precisely what is going to happen to the Browns, because they are too friggin' stupid to live within their means.

Janelle was married before she married Kody... To Meri's brother. They didn't have any children though. Then Robyn, as everyone knows, was married and had three kids before. The fact that Janelle has walked away from a marriage before makes me believe that she would be the first to leave her obviously dysfunctional relationship with Kody once her children grow up. She has also left for a period of time before the show an lived as a single mother. I really like Janelle. I have hope for her and her children.

Hell, she walked away from marriage with Kody for a year, and lived in a house with her children about an hour away. She would drive to Christine's to drop off her kids and then go to work. She came back after she'd inherited some $ and bought the house in Utah so they would all be together, but separate. Out of all the wives, she'd be the one I would bet would leave if things got ugly again, depending on how much of the Kool Aid she's ingested. Miss Meri can be quite contrary. :whistle:

ETA should have read your whole post before I opened my big yap :doh:

Again, why doesn't at least Kody have a regular job???

Maybe he's having trouble finding one, but I do wonder what he spends his days doing. With nearly all of the kids in school and the wives managing their respective households, what is Kody up to on an average morning at 11:00?

Maybe he's having trouble finding one, but I do wonder what he spends his days doing. With nearly all of the kids in school and the wives managing their respective households, what is Kody up to on an average morning at 11:00?

Don't know about 11:00 but after noon perhaps some afternoon delight? If he is not working then he should be helping with the shopping, cleaning and meal prep...who am I kidding?

Not to take away from Kody's handling of the Mariah situation but I did feel like he was one step away from telling her to "keep sweet".

This. I felt the exact same way, and was getting a bit creeped out by it. The words "keep sweet" even popped into my mind.

That being said, it wasn't Horrible advice, and I really do think Kody tries to do right by his children.

This. I felt the exact same way, and was getting a bit creeped out by it. The words "keep sweet" even popped into my mind.

That being said, it wasn't Horrible a

dvice, and I really do think Kody tries to do right by his children.

That's because he actually said she needed to be sweet when shes feeling angry or upset. I noticed it and thought about what people here would say.

More importantly my sims sister wives house is turning out awesome. They would probably hate it though because the whole thing would likely fit in one of those McMansions 8-)

That being said, it wasn't Horrible advice, and I really do think Kody tries to do right by his children.

I was on the fence about if I approved of Kody's method of handling that or not. While I hate the "keep sweet" thing Mariah was being very obnoxious. She's not a small child and should understand that waiting a few extra days for the house wasn't the end of the world. If she was suffering from something actually horrible like a pet dying or a break up with a boyfriend then I would think Kody was being a dick. But waiting for the house when they did in fact have to live is something that she should take in stride.

I was on the fence about if I approved of Kody's method of handling that or not. While I hate the "keep sweet" thing Mariah was being very obnoxious. She's not a small child and should understand that waiting a few extra days for the house wasn't the end of the world. If she was suffering from something actually horrible like a pet dying or a break up with a boyfriend then I would think Kody was being a dick. But waiting for the house when they did in fact have to live is something that she should take in stride.

I thought he handled it well--let her know in a nice way that she was being a total brat--while the word "sweet" is kind of loaded, I think he was right to tell her that just because she was disappointed about something didn't mean she could be nasty to other people. Notice he didn't call her a monster on hormones. Wonder how that conversation would have gone down if one of the older boys was being a dick because he had to wait a week to move into his McMansion.

I will say in Mariah's defense (though it's hard and painful for me to defend any of those assholes, especially her and her vile mother) that she recently on Twitter (August 11) wrote, "I would like to publicly apologize for being such a brat". Not sure if other people already saw that, but hey, at least she's figuring out her brattiness unlike her mom, who we deserve a public apology from for ever uttering the words "wet bar".

I know Mariah is young and is used to getting what she wants, but seeing the rest of the family moving in to the houses and her having to wait should be good practice for when she becomes a sister wife herself. Unless she is the first wife like her mom, she is probably going to deal with much harder things than being last to move in to a new house. Like seeing your husband take on a new wife, them having a baby, or choosing her over you for a vacation.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived