IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

Somebody fill me in....why don't they all live in one big house? Each wife could have her own suite of rooms to include a small living room, small kitchenette, etc. Did Kody ever explain why they live in separate homes?

Just saw this on twitter and thought of your question:

Sharon â€@realitymother 11 Aug

@realkodybrown just wondering, why didn't you build one big house instead of four. Wouldn't that be easier?

Kody Brown â€@realkodybrown 11 Aug

@realitymother 3 reasons: resale, permitting and autonomy for each wife with her children.

Which I don't understand the permit issue...doesn't every city have 4-plexes? Or a mini row of townhomes?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many areas restrict apartment buildings and multiple unit buildings to certain areas. They aren't allowed in my neighborhood but are a couple of miles away. They wanted to stay in that particular school zone and perhaps they couldn't get land there to build or perhaps it's an excuse.

He can say there were three reasons for building each wife a different house, but I think it really comes down to the wives not liking each other very much and wanting their own space.

I remember that they wanted to keep the kids at the same schools. They worked hard to find rental homes that sent the kids to the same schools as each other, and after already moving from Utah to Nevada, they didn't want to transfer all of the kids again.

I have no trouble believing that they had no choice but to resort to building four new homes on a court, given their requirements. But those homes are wayyyy too large. I'm still on team stay in Utah anyway... It looks like it's just me, Mariah, and Jenelle's sons.

I think I need to join twitter just so I can ask Kody why they didn't just move back to Utah when their criminal accusations fizzled out. It would really stress me out to be that religious and not be able to raise my kids around like minded people. All their friends and family are back there, I don't get it!!!!

I remember that they wanted to keep the kids at the same schools. They worked hard to find rental homes that sent the kids to the same schools as each other, and after already moving from Utah to Nevada, they didn't want to transfer all of the kids again.

I have no trouble believing that they had no choice but to resort to building four new homes on a court, given their requirements. But those homes are wayyyy too large. I'm still on team stay in Utah anyway... It looks like it's just me, Mariah, and Jenelle's sons.

I think staying in Utah would of been best too but their paranoia got the best of them. They never even considered adding on to their house. I'm sure they could of added a section for Robyn and expanded the other sections all for the cost of one mcmanison. Someone on Sister wives blog mentioned that maybe they are keeping the Utah house as backup when the show ends, but financially that makes no sense. :violin:

I just took a look at their jewelry site. Ugh. Completely lives up my expectation of it being feeble. Simplistic designs designed by committee. "Design by Janelle, Robyn, Meri and Christine Brown" Really? It took four of you to come up with this? What, they sketch something out on a piece of paper and send it off to let a real artist/craftsperson do the real work?

I have lots of questions about their move to Vegas. From what I've seen (I've never been there), Vegas looks insufferable. I have been to Utah, and it is beautiful. Although I would never want to live there myself, I can't see why people like the Browns would want to leave, especially since it was their home. Was Kody truly in some kind of legal shit? Or was that all staged?

And if they're building houses from scratch, why aren't they building a multi-plex like their old one in Utah. I mean if I was a polygamist, I would think that would be the ideal structure, separated, but together under one roof. Unlike four single-family dwellings. I mean if you have to live apart, maybe you shouldn't be in a plural marriage in the first place, know what I mean?

There are a variety of house plans for intentional communities, with small homes or apartments that share courtyards, meeting rooms, communal kitchens, etc. There are also very large house plans that have mulitple levels, multiple master bedrooms and multiple kitchens. And the multiplex. It is likely, if they end up selling, it would be easier to sell a multiplex than any of them. But, "reality" tv and all that

I find the show unwatchable, in part because I dont' care about them in the least, and in part because when I have seen it, I can't figure out why anyone would marry him, much less 4 people, and the women seem uninteresting to me.

I think I need to join twitter just so I can ask Kody why they didn't just move back to Utah when their criminal accusations fizzled out. It would really stress me out to be that religious and not be able to raise my kids around like minded people. All their friends and family are back there, I don't get it!!!!

Kody is a drama queen. There was never much of a criminal investigation. The state had to say or do something because Kody flashed his ass at the law on national television. Polygamy is not normally investigated unless it involves marriage with underage girls or abuse. The state is trying to avoid another PR nightmare (like the one that happened after short creek and YFZ raids). So, they let things slide as long as their are no specific allegations of underage marriage or abuse.

Does anyone know the last time Utah prosecuted someone for polygamy, that didn't involve underage girls? I'm actually really curious how often that happens, in recent times anyway.

Does anyone know the last time Utah prosecuted someone for polygamy, that didn't involve underage girls? I'm actually really curious how often that happens, in recent times anyway.

Tom Green was originally convicted without charges of child sexual abuse in 2000. He was later convicted of having sex with an underage stepdaughter. He married three of his stepchildren. Two of them were sisters.

We can all breathe easier now that Kody and the four wives all are in their homes and just in time for Christmas 2012 (that is if you celebrate it on January 3, 2013).

Kody is such a jerk. That caramel contest after putting together toys and wrapping kids' presents? Everyone was obviously exhausted. Also, the contest not only pitted the wives against each other, but also compared them to his mother in terms of cooking skills. That's a recipe for a night on the couch in my house!

Kody is such a jerk. That caramel contest after putting together toys and wrapping kids' presents? Everyone was obviously exhausted. Also, the contest not only pitted the wives against each other, but also compared them to his mother in terms of cooking skills. That's a recipe for a night on the couch in my house!

The great caramel caper was one of the most obviously staged sequences I've ever seen on TLC. And it still ended up being duller than dirt.

Whoever is scripting/filming/editing this show is dooming it. If you are going to stage bullshit, make it interesting or go home.

There are a variety of house plans for intentional communities, with small homes or apartments that share courtyards, meeting rooms, communal kitchens, etc. There are also very large house plans that have mulitple levels, multiple master bedrooms and multiple kitchens. And the multiplex. It is likely, if they end up selling, it would be easier to sell a multiplex than any of them. But, "reality" tv and all that

I find the show unwatchable, in part because I dont' care about them in the least, and in part because when I have seen it, I can't figure out why anyone would marry him, much less 4 people, and the women seem uninteresting to me.

Yeah ! Now I know what family I'm going to do my next sims house for ! :lol:

Yeah ! Now I know what family I'm going to do my next sims house for ! :lol:

So, I have mentioned before that my interest in polygamy started when I was a kid and saw the movie Escape From Short Creek twice in one summer. I used to design whole polygamist towns on graph paper. Like.....FOR YEARS.

God Damn I am so glad I found you people.

Last night was the first nigh I saw the finished homes from the curb. Man, are they big! They are mini mansions. It looks like ONE home is bigger than their Utah home! Just wait until those air conditioning bills start rolling in. :roll:

Apparently, zoning in LV was not going to be kind to such a type of compound. So leave Vegas. :cray-cray:

I'm new to Kody & Co, been fascinated for years & have read about them now & then, but I've been unable to overcome my almost visceral hatred for this guy enough to actually watch the show. Can someone explain his use of the word "autonomy"? From what I've read & the very little I've seen that seems like a very strange word for him to use. Obviously the wives are the brains of the operation but doesn't Kody like to act like he's king?

I'm new to Kody & Co, been fascinated for years & have read about them now & then, but I've been unable to overcome my almost visceral hatred for this guy enough to actually watch the show. Can someone explain his use of the word "autonomy"? From what I've read & the very little I've seen that seems like a very strange word for him to use. Obviously the wives are the brains of the operation but doesn't Kody like to act like he's king?

He means he wants each wife and her children to have control over her own space. He then bounces between them as a guest who doesn't have to do the hard stuff. By patriarchal standards, he's a terrible head of household.

By autonomy, he means his wives don't like each other enough to live together. I still wish one of them would just leave.

Last night's episode was just so... ugh. Meri and Robyn were so "mean girls" over Christine, the only one who actually tried the caramels. But then, douchey pitted them against each other in the first place. I used to like Janelle, but she willingly hitched herself to these bozos, so she's still got horrible judgement. They're awful people and just hilarious as the face of "normal" polygamy. Wearing blue jeans doesn't make them any less abusive to each other than the FLDS.

Sorry to harp on this. "Autonomy" when applied to his wives just seems like it would be a major warning buzzword for Kody's ilk. It does seem like the women have a degree of autonomy (like Meri's wet bar!), but it's weird to me that Kody would admit it.

Or is he trying to be the soft side of polygamy?

Sorry, I guess I should swallow my bile & watch more of the show.

Interesting how they happened to just close on the house by the end of the evening, miraculously.

Mariah and Meri annoy the crap out of me. Because she's an only child and Meri has only one child, they hover that over Kody and the rest of the wives to get what they want and throw a temper tantrum when it doesn't go their way.

This show is such a train wreck. They claim that they did this show to put a positive light on polygamous marriage but all it's showing is the constant drama and bitterness among Kody and the wives.

As for next week's episode, we get to "FINALLY" find out about Meri's decision on having a baby...or not. How many seasons do they have to go through, involving Meri and having a second child?! It would not surprise me if she just tells Kody "I'm still not sure" to linger it on even further. Nobody cares now.

As for next week's episode, we get to "FINALLY" find out about Meri's decision on having a baby...or not. How many seasons do they have to go through, involving Meri and having a second child?! It would not surprise me if she just tells Kody "I'm still not sure" to linger it on even further. Nobody cares now.

That's hilarious! Before I watched the tragic episode of Meri not moving in by Xmas, the last time I saw the show was a few years ago & she was talking about getting pregnant. I can't believe they're still dragging that out!

ETA: they could give Dede & ExGG lessons on spinning out a pregnancy

the tragic episode of Meri not moving in by Xmas

Love the way you worded it. I think this latest tragedy has me finally sick enough of these people not to watch any more, and sadly I love to watch train wrecks. Seriously, she and her bitch of a daughter were heartbroken because they would have to spend another week in a rental home that's bigger than probably at least half of American families ever had? Poor Meri "has no kitchen."

It's like the rest of the family was making them sleep outside in cardboard boxes.

Just heard the teaser for next week--Robyn apparent confesses to the rest of the family her "biggest mistake," which was apparently "losing her purity" which may explain why she hates her first husband so much. Who am I kidding? I will DVR and watch it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived