IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty shocked that in the same episode where Mariah was told that it would been unlikely they could pay for the college of her choice 1) Cody revealed his 4, custom designed, necklaces for his wives, and 2)All 5 parents plus 2 therapists and various spiritual leaders spent several days at a resort in Sedona. Outstanding priorities.

And Logan's tuition is apparently only 7k a year, and he works (although he lives in a dorm??). Plus his mom is Janelle and she's so practical, I'm sure she had it all budgeted for. What gets me is for 20 years Meri has been getting an equal share of the money. The other wives used it for their 6 kids each. Meri had ONE kid and she couldn't sock some of her excess away???

It's extremely likely that these scam artists filed out fasfa for Logan as if janelle was a single mom with 6 other dependents. This would almost guarantee huge amounts of government aid and subsidies for him. Whereas meri could only claim one child and being married aka almost no help to pay for college. I could see how that could create resentment.

Edit for ipad idiocies.

Anyone else having trouble posting to sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com ?

Someone posted in the comment section that they rather be a Duggar instead of a Brown. The poster said the Duggars are a family of "faith". And Michelle is a great stay at home mother...etc.

I submitted a comment, but it was not posted? It was not offensive or off topic. I explained that I would rather be a Brown. I linked to quiveringdaughters.com and whynottrainachild.com.

I really enjoy the blog. I hope it was a mistake.

I can't believe people are shocked that they didn't discuss passing for college before Mariah's senior year. this family has the worst money management skills and can't even think a month ahead financially. they probably thought they'd be very wealthy from their crappy jewelry by now.

also, when they visited Westminster with Mariah I was pretty sure kody basically said that Mariah had to get enough scholarships to make it as if she was going to a public, in state school.

Mariah had been so whiny thus season. seriously, your family has filed bankruptcy multiple times and just bought 4 mcmansions, and just started a crappy business, did you really think they had some secret savings account set aside for you?

my parents started a new business when I started high school, it was successful but only enough to support our family and pay bills. my parents didn't make me worry about money, but I also knew that I wouldn't be getting help with college. they starred another new business right before I went to college and so they were very cash strapped at that time. I applied to several colleges that had my major and went to the one that was cheapest with scholarships and financial aid. it never even entered my mind that my parents would pay for it, and I wouldn't have accepted help since they hadn't been able to help my older brothers. In addition to scholarships and aid, I became an ra and borrowed the rest. my student loans really aren't that bad now.

the entitled attitude really annoys me. you have 16 brothers and sisters at home who need to be fed and your want your parents to drop 30+ grand a year on you?

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix has season 3. Just reinstated my Netflix account & started 3.1 & DH ran off, lol!:)

edited to add that I missed that announcement further up the thread, whoops!:(

• 3 weeks later...

It's scandalous.

No, it wasn't scandalous but like Mary Tyler Moore (when she ended her TV series), I felt the time was right for me to take my leave from SWB.

Thank you for liking my reviews! And on topic, yes, Christine Brown's mother did leave Christine's father (it's in the Brown's book Becoming Sister Wives).

Cynical Jinx

No, it wasn't scandalous but like Mary Tyler Moore (when she ended her TV series), I felt the time was right for me to take my leave from SWB.

Thank you for liking my reviews! And on topic, yes, Christine Brown's mother did leave Christine's father (it's in the Brown's book Becoming Sister Wives).

Cynical Jinx

Aww CJ I loved you on SWB :( Hope you will start posting here when the new season starts.

Aww CJ I loved you on SWB :( Hope you will start posting here when the new season starts.

I second that - your reviews would be highly appreciated here, and would liven up the SisterWives threads a lot.

• 1 year later...

Not as of last week. She did, however, add highlights to her hair.

• 1 month later...

I watched some of it Sunday night, I don't even know if they were new episodes or what. I used to watch it fairly regularly but it started getting annoying when they moved to Vegas.

I can't even tell you what I saw, I only remember that godawful embarrassing dancing that I think was previews for next week. Janelle is the only one of those idiots with any sense whatsoever, for people supposedly choosing this lifestyle for religious reasons, that dancing looked lewd to me and made me feel very uncomfortable.

I know Kody has sex with each of those women. I just don't want or need to see the women cavorting around him as if he is some kind of god.

Oh yeah, the steakhouse competition. I've actually been to that place but the Browns were gross although maybe everyone who does that competition is, there wasn't anyone when I was there.

I don't like Kody. I don't like Robyn as the stereotypical newest, doe-eyed, skinny, pretty wife. Don't bother divorcing the old wife (wifes) instead of trading in for a newer model just add one.

These people who have inflated egos due to having a high number of children - esp Kody Brown - where will it stop? Will he continue to accumulate new and fertile wives as the originals age out? Just keep popping out the babies til he dies?

I don't really like Meri either. She could have been working and had quite the career, does she not help Janelle and Christine with the childcare? Aside from pulling out the occasional tooth.

i like Janelle the most, and i like Christine okay. I can understand Christine's desire to be a SAHM and her and Janelle seem to have worked out.

Robyn having a baby for Meri is just ewwww to me. That's kind of messed up.

Head everyone stopped watching this?

I tuned it; it must be kind of like a disease.

I love that Mykelti is apparently going to have a real school experience (has the older brother, Logan?, been an influence). Also that she acted like an actual interested student when the design guy critiqued her stuff.

Found it odd about all the talk about how she knew Meri before Cody, but not mentioning what I think (unless I got it wrong) --wasn't one of them married to the other one's brother or something? Plus then Janelle's mother became a wife of Cody's father. Surely that must have had some kind of impact.

Janelle talks about "the faith" but my admittedly just personal impression is that she liked Cody a lot--she's talked about him as a "buddy" and admitted it was not for her ever a passionate relationship--and that she wanted a family and children but not necessary a passionate love affair, so this is the way she went. And then when a year later Christine came into the mix it worked out perfectly-- she could work and develop her own career while also having children, and a loving good buddy as confidante husband who wasn't around all the time, and Christine would be the SAHM. I suspect this would have gone on very successfully until Robyn was thrown into the mix. I see Janelle rethinking everything about this arrangement, plus with her new health lots of self-esteem issues come up and she may be reminding herself of her own worth. I wouldn't at all be surprised if she books after her youngest child graduates from high school.

I used to like Christine (but then again, I used to like Meri), but she now she just turns me off. She is the one who most has drunk the Kool-Aid (witness her objection to the kids going to a Protestant youth group because it denied "the faith), and I hated the way Kody treated her--and if the teaser is any way accurate continues to treat her. She had a rough time--giving birth while her husband was courting the fourth wife that I'm sure she didn't expect--but still, right now IMO she is approaching Mariah territory in terms of just being a stupid bitch.

Robyn surprised me by her true concern when Truly was deathly ill and went up in my estimation.

So I am judgmental about people I only see on TV snippets, but that's what they're putting out.

Disappointed they haven't been more honest about what is apparently the epic fail of Sister Wives Closet. No sense of their own responsibility in why funding "didn't come through" (because people with lots of money to invest don't invest it in stupid ventures that are bound to lose money?) No Still no indication, ever, that they might want to consider learning something about jewelry design. I wonder if they are still involved in that vitamin/health/snake oil pyramid scheme and given that training truly believe that only marketing strategies, rather than providing a product that people would actually want to buy, are what's needed to create a successful business. Sadly, I think that everyone involved except Janelle (and she is correct in thinking that no one listens to her) is honestly flummoxed that Sister Wives Closet isn't like, an Amway.

I managed to choke down the ridiculous 2 hours last night. I also cant tell you what went on besides dropping a kid off for college (in the nicest freshman dorm room I've ever seen), another kid had surgery to fix an eye injury, and lots of whining about how hard it is for Robyn to work on her shitty jewelry business.

I have no idea why that show is still on the air, all they do is snipe at each other. They're not novel anymore.

I'm glad Madison got the heck outta dodge and away from that loony family with the quickness! I hope she thrives at Utah State. Mykelti, otoh is delusional if she thinks that hot mess "portfolio" is gonna gain her entry into the world of fashion design. I did kinda feel her pain over her parents' antics during her klassy graduation tea party.

Was it ever explained why Mykelti was accompanied by her PARENTS at a job interview?! I don't care how old you are - I've been working since I was 14 and had never even considered being accompanied by a parent. I can't imagine hiring an intern who needed parental supervision...

Kody spouted something about he needed to look after/guide/lead her because the fashion industry is notorious for taking advantage of women because the clothing isn't modest or some such nonsense.

Trying to figure out how this family is still able to sell their lives as "reality" tv - as if any self-respecting employer (needless to say a respected, supposedly sought-after designer) would hire someone who needed to be babysat for moral reasons (and MODESTY at that). I won't even get into their "business", housing arrangement, or surrogate pregnancy offers...

The "dorm room" wasn't in a dorm. That was an apartment building that they seemed a bit fuzzy on the affiliation with the university. I'm not sure if it's owned by the university or only rents to students because it's next to campus.

• 1 month later...

[align=right][/align]

I crazily watched last evenings cry fest concerning the divorce. I knew the divorce was not going to end with Meri truly leaving Kody; but I admit I was curious as to the goal. Okay, so my curiosity was satisfied and that seemed nice of Meri to do. However, what was up with Janelle's reaction? Usually, she's the most reasonable; but last night she clearly felt threatened. Too much crying, Kody flipping his hair and no explanation as to what these clowns do all day long! I'm done.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived