IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

kollene was a sister wife, i believe. i think she escaped from a badr marriage. so as immature as she seems, she does have a right to be on a panel of adults/wives in a polygamist community

That's weird, I thought she was a first wife. At any rate, she earned the right to be there when you think about the fact that she was raised in it & was most certainly effected by it. It made it seem like she was making broad generalizations, but then again, that's the magic of editing. Kollene had been talking for a while about her experience with sister wives, and it wasn't until she was almost through that Robyn cut in. Robyn has to talk all the time because the sound of her voice is music to her ears. The panel was conceived and arranged by TLC, so it stands to reason it would be edited to present them (the Browns) better. However, if that's their idea of better, I would hate to see worse. The jump down the throat by Robyn followed by the infamous "sweetie", one minute Christine had a blissful life and had no idea of any of the abuses going on & the next she had always feared the bad things she'd heard going on around her, the fact that Kody couldn't reply reasonably to Christine Marie about the court case in Canada without blustering about being painted with a broad brush, or articulate what he believes about his religion and what he, as the family patriarch, is responsible for teaching his wives and children about their religious beliefs and where they stand and why.....I don't know, but isn't it interesting the way two people can watch the same thing & get entirely different perspectives? The moderator didn't really have any concrete data to support his claims. Polygamy is usually lived in secret, so I just don't buy his numbers. Nothing against him, but I felt that he needed more to back up what he was saying. :shrug:

For what it's worth the fear and nerves (that weren't all an act- most but not all) shown by Christine were there because she didn't want her aunt to talk about why her mother left, or about all the dirt she could hit her with had she chosen to. For a while Christine thought about leaving, and reached out, & I'm wondering who she reached out to.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, you know, they just posted a review of the latest episode and it's just not the same. I know polygamy is a serious issue and the last episode was very hard to get through, and the Browns were jerks, but the reviews were so fun when CJ did them. And now in today's post, they have this guest writer guy and it's just not the same. I wish they could incorporate the seriousness and the fun from CJ somehow. Don't know what happened to that blog, but CJ, if you somehow read this, I miss you, you were an asset to the blog and made it what it was.

I just wanted to say despite missing CJ's reviews (I actually want to delete my last post from here), I love Sister Wives Blog and Mister Sister is great and I wish it the best. I'm going to keep going to it and give the new people a chance. You all should check out the blog too. It is really interesting.

Christine's mom left polygamy? I don't remember that. Was anything else said about it?

It was mentioned in the book they put out not long ago. I would look it up, but I just don't have the stomach for that thing right now. I'll try to look it up soon though. I'll have to dig under the bed for it; that's where I hide the books I don't want to admit to myself I've paid money for. :lol:

That's weird, I thought she was a first wife. At any rate, she earned the right to be there when you think about the fact that she was raised in it & was most certainly effected by it. It made it seem like she was making broad generalizations, but then again, that's the magic of editing. Kollene had been talking for a while about her experience with sister wives, and it wasn't until she was almost through that Robyn cut in. Robyn has to talk all the time because the sound of her voice is music to her ears. The panel was conceived and arranged by TLC, so it stands to reason it would be edited to present them (the Browns) better. However, if that's their idea of better, I would hate to see worse. The jump down the throat by Robyn followed by the infamous "sweetie", one minute Christine had a blissful life and had no idea of any of the abuses going on & the next she had always feared the bad things she'd heard going on around her, the fact that Kody couldn't reply reasonably to Christine Marie about the court case in Canada without blustering about being painted with a broad brush, or articulate what he believes about his religion and what he, as the family patriarch, is responsible for teaching his wives and children about their religious beliefs and where they stand and why.....I don't know, but isn't it interesting the way two people can watch the same thing & get entirely different perspectives? The moderator didn't really have any concrete data to support his claims. Polygamy is usually lived in secret, so I just don't buy his numbers. Nothing against him, but I felt that he needed more to back up what he was saying. :shrug:

For what it's worth the fear and nerves (that weren't all an act- most but not all) shown by Christine were there because she didn't want her aunt to talk about why her mother left, or about all the dirt she could hit her with had she chosen to. For a while Christine thought about leaving, and reached out, & I'm wondering who she reached out to.

I didn't realize Kollene had been married, she's so young! Although I guess that's par for the course. While I can see that she's earned her right to be there, I still think she needs time to mature and become more articulate about her cause before she steps out as a spokesperson on TV, and I don't think it has anything to do with editing - watching the video she sent to the SW blog, she does that teenager thing of just "she's being so dumb!" without saying what specifically she finds fault with in Christine and the others.

Willie, in comparison, is much more composed and I think is a great voice for an ex-FLDS, probably the strongest male voice I've seen from someone who's left that community. I hope he writes a book! I just watched that entire 20/20 and it was a really amazing video, I'm shocked they got so much footage from inside that maternity center a few years ago. The Dateline with Rebecca Musser was incredible as well, even though the guy's voice and the way he narrated was obnoxious! I also don't know why they left out the fact that Elissa Wall's ex-husband was her first cousin. Nevertheless, I'm definitely going to read Musser's book, she seems like a really courageous woman.

So I have not watched Sister Wives since last season and I was wondering if it really pays to watch the marathon today and then the season final?? I am watching now and it seems like the same stuff.. wants a baby and thisd house stuff is still being talked about. Honestly... feels like they say the same stuff a lot.

Thoughts... worth it or not?

So I have not watched Sister Wives since last season and I was wondering if it really pays to watch the marathon today and then the season final?? I am watching now and it seems like the same stuff.. wants a baby and thisd house stuff is still being talked about. Honestly... feels like they say the same stuff a lot.

Thoughts... worth it or not?

This season has been a gold mine for snark. I'd watch it out of the corner of my eye. Not really worth paying full attention, but worth running in the background.

I don't think I could take a marathon of SW! I'm actually watching last week's episode right now (it's in the background because I can't take it full force. Lol)

I just have one question.....if they're all so worried/upset/dreading this panel discussion so much then why the hell are they doing it?! Seriously! The only one who didn't appear to be stressing over it was Kody.

It was obviously optional, and not one of those things you just have to do and get it over with. So just don't effing do it! Why put yourself through it? I just don't get it. Unless of course the drama was all faked for the cameras.

I just wanted to say despite missing CJ's reviews (I actually want to delete my last post from here), I love Sister Wives Blog and Mister Sister is great and I wish it the best. I'm going to keep going to it and give the new people a chance. You all should check out the blog too. It is really interesting.

Are they going to keep using Ed to write up the episodes & give feedback? I thought it was a one-time deal? Can anyone give info on why CJ left (that we can share in the thread)?

Christine Marie's story confuses me a little. I tried going thru her page, and from what I can tell she converted to LDS, then met a guy who told her he was translating lost tablets & got her to buy into polygamy. Then she wrote about trafficking (I'm assuming her forced her to become a prostitute?) and then "married" another gal, while she was supporting the three of them? Are her four kids with him/was she with him a long time?

Heard that the Williamses are getting their own show (or did they say 6 more episodes?) Am interested in see their issues come out.......when do these episodes start?

I've been spending so much time on SWB & following up on the links provided that I now keep getting ads on FB & FJ for an LDS bookstore. In case I have need for scripture or scriptural accessories. Or gifts. Yeah, I'm good, thanks.

Really Kody? You have no options for Mariah's college tuition? How about you and Meri having full time jobs to start? How about Mariah taking out a college loan? Just maybe you should not have built Meri such a huge home and, instead, used some of that house money towards to tuition! I felt for Mariah to be placed in such a position at the eleventh hour!

Mariah has studied hard to attend the college she wants and now you two are going to fail her? Crazy! :angry-banghead:

And...now Meri is being questioned directly..."this is stupid" she replies. I guess this new therapist has her number and went looking for honest answers which Meri is not honest enough to give her.

Westminster College is about 30,000 a year. That does not include room/board but maybe she could stay with family. But even books are super expensive. This is too much $ for most people, let alone people who have 4 new houses and 16 siblings. I'm one of those people who think kids should go to community college got their first two years and then transfer somewhere. I don't see how they can afford it, especially with so many kids.

Why are they designing jewelry?!

Really Kody? You have no options for Mariah's college tuition? How about you and Meri having full time jobs to start? How about Mariah taking out a college loan? Just maybe you should not have built Meri such a huge home and, instead, used some of that house money towards to tuition! I felt for Mariah to be placed in such a position at the eleventh hour!

Mariah has studied hard to attend the college she wants and now you two are going to fail her? Crazy! :angry-banghead:

Well, yes and no. Mariah pissed me off--but she always does. Worse things in life than being given a college education at a state school with the support of your parents. And no mention that the school she wants to go to has a better program--which might be legit as she wants to pursue medicine--but just that that's what she wants.

Do wonder, though, why, if it's true what Meri said, that this family has never discussed how they are going to pay for the kids' educations. Really--17 kids, five or so going to college soon, and nobody ever talked about it? And then Meri is so concerned about "what are we (meaning pretty much everybody but her) paying for Logan? Like she expected to find out that Logan --at the state school -- is getting more than her special snowflake.

Curious about others' takes on the family therapy sessions.

Westminster College is about 30,000 a year. That does not include room/board but maybe she could stay with family. But even books are super expensive. This is too much $ for most people, let alone people who have 4 new houses and 16 siblings. I'm one of those people who think kids should go to community college got their first two years and then transfer somewhere. I don't see how they can afford it, especially with so many kids.

Why are they designing jewelry?!

The University of Utah has a great medical program. It would cost less money and she could save money by living with family.

When Meri worked, wasn't she in the mental health field? Something about working with troubled teens or something? I just find int hard to believe that she could ever hold it together long enough to help other with mental health/life issues considering what a sobbing mess she is all the time.

I have to agree to an extent with Kody here. With 17 or 18 or however many siblings she has, an expensive school that isn't mostly covered by scholarship money isn't practical at all. Heck, paying that kind of money even for an only child is slightly insane these days and being saddled with education loans is not the way to start your adult life. And personally I don't think parents should be required to provide a college education for their kids. It's nice if they can and do, but if not, well, it's an early lesson that life isn't fair.

I don't know anything about the higher education structure in Nevada, but I would guess there are more options for residents than what's being presented here.

The houses are a separate issue, and one I'd guess is being driven by TLC more than anything else. But for the show, they'd probably all still be back in the big house in Utah.

I'm not saying the Browns "should" pay for Mariah's first choice in a college; what I am saying is they "should"

have been at least discussing how to pay for potentially 17 college educations. First plan of action-get full time jobs! Second plan of action-don"t have huge homes! After you complete these to plans; then explain to your child when they are in their junior years the amount you can pay for college; do not wait until the 11th hour like what you are doing to Mariah to share with her you cannot afford it!!!

Just like they didn't have a realistic discussion about what is involved in attending a military academy when Mariah said she wanted to do that a few years ago, they didn't have a proper financial discussion with Mariah. Either they don't know enough to do that or they don't care enough. Ultimately it is the student's choice and they can find the funds or borrow the money. I'd be very concerned that Westminster isn't worth the price tag.

I'm not sure how much was fake drama as Mariah is at Westminster and the rumor mill has it that Westminster waived her tuition. It could be that Kody was having that much of a tizzy over room and board plus books and transportation. They did say she had received a scholarship from the school but not as much as they had expected. My guess is that Kody and Meri and possibly Mariah expected everything to be covered.

I still fault the parents for not starting these discussions. Parenting involves teaching your kids and to just expect them to suddenly understand is stupid.

Like I said, we have been having the discussions for yearsd.

Just like they didn't have a realistic discussion about what is involved in attending a military academy when Mariah said she wanted to do that a few years ago, they didn't have a proper financial discussion with Mariah. Either they don't know enough to do that or they don't care enough. Ultimately it is the student's choice and they can find the funds or borrow the money. I'd be very concerned that Westminster isn't worth the price tag.

I'm not sure how much was fake drama as Mariah is at Westminster and the rumor mill has it that Westminster waived her tuition. It could be that Kody was having that much of a tizzy over room and board plus books and transportation. They did say she had received a scholarship from the school but not as much as they had expected. My guess is that Kody and Meri and possibly Mariah expected everything to be covered.

I would be shocked if Westminster waived her tuition.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived