IGNORED

Growing Up Duggar: Nov 5th

ljohnson2006

The cover picture's been released. duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/growing-up-duggarbook-cover-released.html

Sorry, I tried to just post the picture, but it wouldn't let me. (Said it was too large. :? ) And yes, I should really stop checking that blog.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jana's looking ever so slim on the cover pic. Wasn't she the one doing Weight Watchers before? I thought she looked fine at the time then :? Hope she hasn't lost loads of weight to try to find a headship.

The cover picture's been released. duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/growing-up-duggarbook-cover-released.html

Sorry, I tried to just post the picture, but it wouldn't let me. (Said it was too large. :? ) And yes, I should really stop checking that blog.

Ah it's the rundown abandoned farmhouse picture out in the middle of nowhere, where they took their harps and other instruments to pose with the family.

I went to check out the cover and got this. Are the Duggars trying to hack my phone?!

post-3374-14451997866237_thumb.png

I was just told "Sorry, the page you are looking for in this blog does not exist"

I know its their private business but I wish in the book they would talk about how they feel about not having suitors, and if they worry about being old maids. Not that I believe they should get to marriage so young, but it is their life way and it isnt happening to them. Are they sad about it? Angry at their father?

I know its their private business but I wish in the book they would talk about how they feel about not having suitors, and if they worry about being old maids. Not that I believe they should get to marriage so young, but it is their life way and it isnt happening to them. Are they sad about it? Angry at their father?

We won't know the answers to any of these questions until James publishes his ghost-written tell-all ten or twelve years from now. "Chapter 4. The Court Ships That Never Sailed".

I think it will be a parrot of their parents books but geared towards teens.

I went to check out the cover and got this. Are the Duggars trying to hack my phone?!

Now I feel terrible. Does this work? d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781451679182_9781451679182_hr.jpg

Whatever they wrote would have to go through the microscope of parental approval.

If they were still teenagers this book would make more sense (not the content, but that they are doing it). But women in their 20s with no education, no careers (unless you count Jill), no social lives and no potential mates on the horizon? What do they possible think they have to offer young women?

I also wonder what they think they have to offer to other young women. I think there some strong naivete going on with the with the Duggar girls, but they don't realize it. The girls are very stunted for their ages. Jill has been working as a lay midwife, but she doesn't realize that her lack of education is a huge risk in her field if something goes wrong. There was the well known incident on the the show where Jill talked about how other parents "kick out" their kids after high school to college and she said something about how nice her parents are because they allow their kids to stay. That was incredibly annoying for Jill to say that. To start off, many young people make the choice to move away to attend to college and many parents do allow their kids to live at home after high school.

Jill at age 22 is still largely controlled by Boob and Mullet. It is very obvious that Boob and Mullet selected the midwife that she works under. The midwife Venessa Giron pretty much has her practice catered towards mainstream Christian and fundie crowd. Boob and Mullet control their girls in other ways. The girls are only friends with girls from other fundie families. The College Minus stuff pretty much is a joke.

The only female readers that will actually enjoy the book will be the fundie crowd. I think more of the hardcore fundies will like it. Some fundie lite types might not care for the book. There are some fundie lite types who have more freedom that the J'Slaves do. The J'Slave book might make some of the non-fundie leghumpers think more about the Duggars. I can see some of the non-fundie leghumpers starting to wonder why none of the girls have left the TTH. The leghumpers might also realize that the Duggars aren't living the lives of normal late teen or early 20 something women.

Since criticism, questioning, and challenging their parents and their beliefs aren't allowed, I doubt they would even voice these thoughts aloud let alone put them in a book.

Kinda OT, but what with all the people willing to spill and write books on Khate Gossturd or the Teen Moms... why won't anybody spill on the REAL Duggars?

Kinda OT, but what with all the people willing to spill and write books on Khate Gossturd or the Teen Moms... why won't anybody spill on the REAL Duggars?

I think there are people who want to spill on the Duggars. I think some people have spilled in small ways over the years. I recall there being an article from several years back where a women left an online comment saying she dealt with the Duggars because they used to go into a store where she worked and she said that Mullet was rude to her. There is also an old thread on another message board where a high school classmate of Michelle's bashed them and called Boob a con man. That thread was back in 2004 after Jackson's birth. An FJer who lives near the Duggars posted on FJ yuku about the Duggars being rude to people she knew. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the film crew dislikes the Duggars, but can't say anything because of current contracts.

Let's see, I can purchase a book where the four oldest Duggar women (and make no mistake, these are grown women) make a desperate attempt to defend the idea that their parents haven't actually used brainwashing in the guise of religion to destroy all their hopes and dreams...

...or I can spend that money on the movie sequel to The Hunger Games, which comes out the same month. Yeah, I think I know where my money's going.

On the subject of Duggar books, I picked up 'The Duggars: 20 and Counting!' at a yard sale for 50 cents. In the first chapter (pgs. 17-19), Michelle talks about how when she was a teenager, she stole money out of a woman's purse at the local pool. What amazed me was that she admitted that she didn't need the spending money, she just did it for the thrill of it! What follows is the defining moment that sets the standard for all avoidance issues that Michelle still has today. After Michelle is caught by the woman she stole from, she lies and claims she didn't do it. When her mother confronts her, she continues to lie, and only comes clean when she realizes she'll have "a bad reputation" if others perceive her as a liar. There's no remorse or honesty here, and she never once admits that she was wrong. The only thing Michelle cares about is getting caught.

Makes me think that her sentiment extends toward her children and the way she treats them.

Wow. Just wow.

I think that defends my theory that Michelle has some form of personality disorder.

Now I feel terrible. Does this work? d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781451679182_9781451679182_hr.jpg

Yes, it worked. Thank you! I was just kidding about thinking the Duggars were trying to hack me. I think sometimes McAfee gets a little overzealous (i've gotten the same message on FJ thru my computer).

So is it bad lighting or did they go overboard on the spray tan? I'm disappointed that their shirts don't match more. I was really expecting matchy-matchy.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the DuggarFamilyBlog-the infamous book release has been changed from November to next March. More "editing" to be done, perhaps???

how the family navigates the difficult years between twelve and sixteen

WHAAAAA?? I thought teenaged rebellion was a myth?

I'm thinking that this book is always going to be released "a couple months from now" without ever getting released.

According to the DuggarFamilyBlog-the infamous book release has been changed from November to next March. More "editing" to be done, perhaps???

Maybe they read here and decided to add more "juicy" stuff to the book. Like Jill writing all over her notebook "Mrs. Some-boy's-last-name". Or Jana caught reading a romance novel. Actually, Jana caught reading any book would probably be scandalous. I'm pretty sure whatever "bad" things these girls have done is going to be over-exaggerated in the book.

I'm thinking that this book is always going to be released "a couple months from now" without ever getting released.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing too. I wonder if there is a drama going on behind the scenes.

Archived