IGNORED

Growing Up Duggar: Nov 5th

ljohnson2006

Just checked Amazon.com, and the Duggar girls' book will come out on Nov 5th. What do you think will be in it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the description from the Chapters website:

In a rare look inside America's favorite mega-sized family, the four eldest girls talk about their faith, their dreams for the future, and what it's like growing up a Duggar.

Airing weekly throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, 19 Kids and Counting has made the huge Duggar family into a media phenomenon. The Duggar children are frequently asked, "Tell the truth; do you really agree with the lifestyle your parents have created for you?" Now, the four eldest Duggar girls-Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger let us know how they feel.

With a backdrop of the key relationships in their lives-relationship with self, parents, siblings, friends, boys, and God-the four Duggar girls open up about their own personal beliefs and convictions, boys, dating, manners, living in a large family, politics, and much more. You'll learn why Jessa has a reputation as a troublemaker, how the family navigates the difficult years between twelve and sixteen, and what the girls look for in a man, all in a frank and fun book that will inspire teens and adults alike. Including lighthearted stories about the younger kids' antics, Growing Up Duggar is a wise and entertaining trip into a family like no other.

So pretty much nothing new.

We just LOVE taking care of toddler siblings we didn't give birth to.

We'll have jobs and/or get married when Daddy says so, and not before.

Who needs friends? Our siblings are enough.

We're eligible for Mensa, just on the strength of our homeschooling.

We don't trust ourselves when we're alone so we take accountability partners (snitches, in the real world) when we step outside the house.

Education is a snare built by the Debil.

This is the description from the Chapters website:

So pretty much nothing new.

UGHHH, at least call them the Duggar daughters! :naughty: :snooty:

Im guessing it wont contain anything we dont already see on the show, except for a few cute stories about fun things they did growing up or what their siblings have done.

Theyre not going to tell us that they hate their parents, or which of their siblings they dislike the most, or that they hate being treated like servants, or that theyve been crushing up the pill and putting it in their moms coffee for the past two years, or which ones are desperate to escape...Their parents probably read it first and made sure they only showed the good bits.

I wonder what Jessa did to get a reputation as the troublemaker?

A "rare look" inside America's favourite mega sized family? Really? Rare? This is the family that has already written two books, has their own website, goes on multiple speaking engagements a year, is constantly being interviewed by various media outlets, has had TV specials for about seven years, a son who posts the most inane crap on a very public instagram on a daily basis and... oh yeah are the stars of their own reality show that is currently in its 11th season. Thank God we have this book to provide a rare look into such a mysterious family. :roll:

"what the girls look for in a man"????

If we are going to call them "girls" shouldn't we call their wanna-be suitors "boys"?

What they look for in a man:

A. Some guy who can somehow infiltrate their Jim Bob-imposed isolation & talk to them

B. Some guy who then isn't freaked out when they say "go ask my dad if you can talk to me"

I wonder what Jessa did to get a reputation as the troublemaker?

Probably had an extra serving of TTC.

Another Duggar book, huh? Well, it's good to know the Duggar media machine is busy churning out more stuff for viewers to consume. I used to think this was a train ride that would be taken off the air after a respectable amount of seasons. However, it now looks like the family business has some serious legs. They've been broadcasting for almost a decade and now have added pricy speaking engagements and books to their repertoire. That's pretty amazing given the average life span of most family reality shows.

Probably had an extra serving of TTC.

Maybe it was the jewelry box incident! :shifty-kitty:

I've bought all their books in the past and even Michelle's DVD. I'm going to save my money and my blood pressure, and just pass on this one. Same old, same old. Eh.

eta if it was written by a kid who went AWOL, I would camp out like it was Black Friday to get my hands on a copy. While doing jazz hands :cracking-up: (thanks Buzzard, that's ALL I see when I see this smile :wink-penguin: )

Just checked Amazon.com, and the Duggar girls' book will come out on Nov 5th. What do you think will be in it?

A bunch of stuff written by a ghostwriter.

I have heard (haven't tried it out yet) that if you have a Nook and take it to Barnes & Noble, you can read any book on it in-store. So that's where I'll be come November. Using wi-fi and saving the difference, plus no one will be able to tell what I'm reading! Win-win. :dance:

Yup, it was probably written by a ghostwriter with Boob and Mullet consulting on everything. I agree with others, Boob and Mullet demanded to see notes, drafts, etc. I also agree with others, nothing new will come out of this book. I predict a lot of stuff was dictated by SmugJill.

Another Duggar book, huh? Well, it's good to know the Duggar media machine is busy churning out more stuff for viewers to consume. I used to think this was a train ride that would be taken off the air after a respectable amount of seasons. However, it now looks like the family business has some serious legs. They've been broadcasting for almost a decade and now have added pricy speaking engagements and books to their repertoire. That's pretty amazing given the average life span of most family reality shows.

The show hasn't been doing too well these days when it comes to ratings. It has been theorized on FJ that many of the fundie fans don't have cable and are buying episodes through Amazon on Demand. That might be the reason why TLC hasn't canned the show. It looks TLC is going to film another season based on a pic on Josh's IG. Things will dry up for the Duggars at some point. They have lost fans over the years and some posters here myself included used to like them. The speaking engagements will dry up at some point. Eventually megachurches will find new families or people to hire for events. The Duggars are disliked in some mainstream Christian circles. Their books will be out of print years from now.

I have heard (haven't tried it out yet) that if you have a Nook and take it to Barnes & Noble, you can read any book on it in-store. So that's where I'll be come November. Using wi-fi and saving the difference, plus no one will be able to tell what I'm reading! Win-win. :dance:

Really? I wonder what the incentive is for the publisher/author.

Maybe it was the jewelry box incident! :shifty-kitty:

Aww she was only 4 then.

Wasnt one of them apparently a very "strong willed" child, cant remember whether it was Jessa or Jana...might be her.

Hopefully its more of an inside joke thing, and not Michelle and JimBob singling her out as the one who causes trouble.

I think the ability to read embarrassing shit without anyone knowing is the biggest attraction of an E-reader. So I can read slutty romance novels on the plane and such. ;)

Umm... yeah. Isn't the entire show a 'rare look' inside their family?

The entire thing just makes me sad. I would respect the J'slaves all so much if they would say "Yeah, life kinda sucks sometimes, and it's really hard work. But we really do love our parents and siblings, and are okay with sacrificing our lives for them".

Geez. Now I want to punch Jim Bob. :(

Seriously? Darnit, why do I have a Kindle?? *pout*

I hope so; if it's written by the Duggar women themselves it'll be painful to read.

What do you think will be in it?

Not much.

Page 1 - See Mama have a baby

Page 2 - See J'slaves get stuck raising the baby

Page 3 - See Mama have another baby; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another; and another....See J'slaves raise them too.

Page 4 - See J'slaves make Tater Tot casserole; do laundry; raise the babies still

Page 5 - See J'slaves pack eleventy pairs of shoes to go somewhere stupid again

Page 6 - See J'slaves raise the babies some more

Page 7 - See the J'slaves perm their hair

Page 8 - See the J'Slaves make 27 pans of Tater Tot Casserole and freeze them in our gigantic walk in freezer

Page 9 - See the J'slave roll their eyes at fAmy and say "Oh Amy."

Page 10 - See the J'slaves peel the little boys off the ceiling and feed them Tater Tot Casserole

Page 11 - See the J'slave learn how to keep sweet

Page 12 - That's all.

Archived