IGNORED

Growing Up Duggar: Nov 5th

ljohnson2006

I'm kind of thinking the same thing too. I wonder if there is a drama going on behind the scenes.

God I hope so.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw this book available for preorder on itunes a week or two ago. Hubby and I had a giggle wondering who would actually preorder it, knowing it has already being postponed once? We doubt it will ever be released.

The J'ladies admitted they had a ghostwriter so why, with a professional writer, was the book postponed at all. Our only explanation is that it is the ultimate example of Duggar time.

Maybe their ghost writer is the HOLY GHOST and he had more important things to do!

Anecdotes, embellished for dramatic purposes, to back up and "prove" whatever dogma they claim to be living by.

At Barnes and Noble you can always sit in a chair or at an in store café are read books for free. Just put them back on the shelf when you're done and don't bent the covers. I guess they just don't see a difference between that and the NOOK. It's ALL ABOUT getting people to brick and mortar stores, because most people just go to Amazon or download stuff these days.

Incidents of books being pulled from release happens once in awhile. I remember reading some magazine article years ago that detailed incidents like that. There has been gossip going around that Mindy Cohn from Facts of Life wrote a tell all book that hasn't been released due to issues with her former co-stars and the publishing company.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is drama going on with the J'Slave book. I recall on that Duggar family blog, there was some mention of them being behind with the ghost writer. I think Boob and Mullet have had a lot of input. There could also be marketability issues too. Like I said before, hardcore fundie girls will love a J'Slave book because they can relate to it a lot. Outside of that faction, the publishers are probably wondering how they can market the J'Slaves to non-fundies. The ghost writer and publishing company have to know about the leashes that are kept on those girls. The J'Slaves are no longer donning the frumpers, but the constant skirt wearing is going to be weird to some outside of fundie circles. The fundie lite types like Miss Raquel might not care to read a Duggar book. I think marketability is a huge question for the J'Slaves and they probably know it.

I have a Nook and live close to Barnes and Noble. Maybe those of us with Nooks could each volunteer to read a chapter or two at the store and put up recaps here? I wouldn't mind sitting in at one of my favorite bookstores with a coffee and doing this so that nobody on FJ has to spend the money. :)

If this book is anything like this year's snoozefest of a season, I can't imagine anyone wanting to read it even for free.

Archived