IGNORED

Growing Up Duggar: Nov 5th

ljohnson2006

Not much.

You forgot three pages

Page 13 - Watch dad chase away very good male suitors

Page 14 - Marvel at dads wisdom on men (The wrong men)

Page 15 - Why it's a blessing to have dad think for us (Were just girls after all)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this book available for preorder on itunes a week or two ago. Hubby and I had a giggle wondering who would actually preorder it, knowing it has already being postponed once? We doubt it will ever be released.

The J'ladies admitted they had a ghostwriter so why, with a professional writer, was the book postponed at all. Our only explanation is that it is the ultimate example of Duggar time.

"I think the ability to read embarrassing shit without anyone knowing is the biggest attraction of an E-reader. So I can read slutty romance novels on the plane and such. ;)"

You think correclty. Sales of romance novels skyrocketed after the introduction of ebooks.

I saw this book available for preorder on itunes a week or two ago. Hubby and I had a giggle wondering who would actually preorder it, knowing it has already being postponed once? We doubt it will ever be released.

The J'ladies admitted they had a ghostwriter so why, with a professional writer, was the book postponed at all. Our only explanation is that it is the ultimate example of Duggar time.

I remember something being posted on the Duggar Family blog or some other site, that they got behind with the ghostwriter because of their traveling or other events. As for pre-orders, the leghumpers would jump to pre-order. A woman who works for my friend pre-ordered the second book.

You forgot three pages

Page 13 - Watch dad chase away very good male suitors

Page 14 - Marvel at dads wisdom on men (The wrong men)

Page 15 - Why it's a blessing to have dad think for us (Were just girls after all)

Where do the recipes go? Gotta have the recipes!

I think anyone who reads it expecting to learn anything about the family that isn't scripted/heavily edited/whitewashed is wasting their time.

Where do the recipes go? Gotta have the recipes!

Either there'll be an appendix or more likely, they will have grounds to publish another book.

Where's the chapter on "modern modest" dressing tips? And the "how to match flip-flops to your outfit" chapter?

Buzzard. Come now. They can't do recipes in the first book, nor the sequel. They're going to do a cookbook, doncha know?

I imagine its not going to have things in it like "I have a crush on one of the cameramen and hope that we can run away together" or "My greatest fantasy when I was a child was being lost on a family trip and adopted by a rich loving couple with only one kid who would send me to school and let me have my own room." "My life sucks so hard, the only reason I didnt run away on one of our trips out is because I dont know where I would go"

There will be no debth to this book. No points-of-depression. No self-doubt. Even if there were moments like that, they wouldn't be allowed to vocalize the dark spots of this cult.

So in essance, it will be all fluff, rainbows and butterflies, and probably just as annoying as Michelle's voice.

Seriously? Darnit, why do I have a Kindle?? *pout*

me too. maybe one of us can buy it and "lend" it to the other one.

Buzzard. Come now. They can't do recipes in the first book, nor the sequel. They're going to do a cookbook, doncha know?

But but but... I need to know how to home perm! How do I make pickles? How do you make baby wipes?!? What about biscuits and eggs?!!? I'm not capable of google!!!!

If they republish shit they've slightly changed from teh Internetz they're selling used and keeping the difference!

Really? I wonder what the incentive is for the publisher/author.

I don't know. Maybe they hope you will get hooked, have to leave at some point, and then cave and buy it? This would probably work on me with a lot of books. But not Duggar-penned ones.

This is the description from the Chapters website:

So pretty much nothing new.

Duggars don't have personal beliefs or convictions.

I have heard (haven't tried it out yet) that if you have a Nook and take it to Barnes & Noble, you can read any book on it in-store. So that's where I'll be come November. Using wi-fi and saving the difference, plus no one will be able to tell what I'm reading! Win-win. :dance:

Yep :) It works... (And in fact, it's the only reason I wish I still had my Nook over my Kindle.)

If I remember right, you only get an hour with the book. (But that's in a 24 hour period... so you can go back the next day and read again. Or I would typically just pick up the paper copy and keep reading :shrug: Especially if it was something like the Duggars. )

The theory is that you'll get hooked after that hour and buy the book. But really? If I really wanted the book? I'd have bought it first.

I saw the other Duggar books at a local Goodwill store, so one other way to "save the difference" is to wait until it ends up in a thrift store.

Another option is that some libraries have e-book lending systems. There are some libraries that allow out of state residents into their system for a annual fee.

I may have purchased 2 of the duggar books on my kindle. (Never read samples and drink wine at the same time) ill try to remove the DRM and ill upload them and post a tinyurl'd - anonymised link to cover up where the traffic is coming from if the mods are okay with that?

I searched for this on Amazon (no, not planning on pre-ordering it, just wondering if they had any information on the book) and got two results: one was the Duggar book, the other was "Creating Your Perfect Family Size: How to Make an Informed Decision About Having a Baby" :lol:

I saw the other Duggar books at a local Goodwill store, so one other way to "save the difference" is to wait until it ends up in a thrift store.

With any luck, on November 6.

If they were still teenagers this book would make more sense (not the content, but that they are doing it). But women in their 20s with no education, no careers (unless you count Jill), no social lives and no potential mates on the horizon? What do they possible think they have to offer young women?

Another option is that some libraries have e-book lending systems. There are some libraries that allow out of state residents into their system for a annual fee.

What my library here does too is interlibrary loan. I have ordered books from all over the US, you pay $1 a book, wait a week or so for it to come in the mail (to the library), then you get to check it out for two weeks or so.

The only issue I see is if the library you are borrowing from deems a book to be too popular, then they won't lend it out at that time.

Archived