IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I saw a post where one of the girls worked at Camp Chetek.My older grandson has attended camp there a couple of summers. He goes to a Baptist church, and the camp is where his church has their summer camp.

I'm looking at a page that seems to be written by one of the kids, Hannah. She seems actually fairly normal for a Fundie. One of the girls is going to a Christian college... but at least it's College. There are pictures of them in non-scary Halloween costumes. Moderate-fundie family?

I really miss this blog. It was one if my first fundie-blogs and it wasn't as boring as most of the rest, because they updated nearly daily. Does anybody now what happened to them? From one day to another they were gone, but I'm still curious about them. I always thought that it was quite interesting that they didn't seem to be part of a cult/organization like ATI or VF.

I read their regularly.They had baby number 12 last year,a boy,and are doing well with nothing very exiting to report.She got spooked by criticism she started getting when we found out about her blog here and went private like so many of them do.

She was trying to adopt because she had had cancer and couldn't have kids, but she wouldn't go get a job to help pay for the adoption, so she was soliciting donationions through her blog. What was her name? And what ever happened to her?

It was Lydsie at A Love Worth Waiting For and she finally adopted somehow and then promptly closed down her blog. I think she sell some of her gazillion clothes on a Facebook page.

The baby was older, I think they did a private adoption and I am pretty sure it is legal. Most adoption agencies would probably be wary of her health concerns. I always thought it was weird how quick they got a baby.

The baby was older, I think they did a private adoption and I am pretty sure it is legal. Most adoption agencies would probably be wary of her health concerns. I always thought it was weird how quick they got a baby.

I was shocked, too. It took us almost a year to finalize our adoption of a non-infant, non-Caucasian child from the foster system. I have a disease, which is not nearly as fatal as cancer, and had to have 2 opinions about my health and ability to raise my girl for her lifetime. I am sure the adoption was "legal", but was it ethical?

Ah ok! Thanks for the info. I was a lurker on the board board, and came over here a few times after you all had been raptured, but I took a hiatus for awhile. I don't know why Lyndsie crossed my mind today, but I was wondering about her! And to the PP's who were able to adopt- congratulations!

We have no idea if the adoption is final, or how it came about in the first place. Lyndsie has been "hiding" from her readers since before the adoption. I guess if you are godly enough, a baby will magically appear in your designer nursery.

We have no idea if the adoption is final, or how it came about in the first place. Lyndsie has been "hiding" from her readers since before the adoption. I guess if you are godly enough, a baby will magically appear in your designer nursery.

Yup, hiding until they want another kid, I bet. Then watch the blog go back up with statements like "we're not asking for donations, but IF you feel led to give..."

I miss her blog and I don't even know why. Overall her life seems pretty dull, or at least it did before she adopted. I imagined her days to be filled with applying makeup, blogging, and daydreaming about Daniel. If she started blogging again it would be more interesting to read now about their adoption process and adjusting to having a baby.

It was most likely a private adoption through a lawyer, not an agency. Those types of adoptions are a lot more lax. I still think you need a home study, but other than that, it's pretty much up to the bio parents and the adoptive parents to come to an agreement. Most agencies wouldn't work with her because of the cancer. They have an obligation to place children in the best homes possible and the very real possibility that she won't be alive to see see her kid through elementary school would pretty much disqualify her.

I would not have found her so offensive if she didn't act like the world owed her everything. I might have even donated to her adoption fund if she would have gotten up off her lazy ass and gotten a job. I'm all for helping people, but I expect those people to put in a little effort at helping themselves too.

Hi all, I found a bunch of blogs by clicking on a comment link I found on Rebecca K's blog. I'm not sure if these are known are not but here you go!

maid4him.blogspot.com/

blessingseveryminute.com/p/about-me.html A KJV only 16 yo SAHD who's meet the Duggars

bontragersingers.blogspot.com A singing family of 12

april4jesus.blogspot.com/p/about-me-and-my-wonderful-family.html another SAHD

carra4jesus.blogspot.com/ believe it's by the same SAHD from the above blog

pagesandkeys.blogspot.com/ another SAHD

I have to say, all snark aside, that SAHDs usually have the best photos! Also I'm really horrible at breaking up links so I did my best to make these easy to copy and paste.

Like the pages and keys one and the Bontrager one.

SAHDs do seem to have good photos must be all that time to practise without having to bother with a job.

the photos on the pagesandkeys one are good - the color competition one especially.

2.bp.blogspot.com/-6fcyhxcKLCs/TrazSspaw8I/AAAAAAAAATY/_dZL3V9_AwU/s1600/Autumness+039.JPG

I like to look at the commentors blogs. Some are so boring but others are good. the one photo above is from a commentor on hearts desire.

That is a very good question. I hope her children are fine. I think they never mentioned what happened to the horse. :(

welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328906

the parents told you that they are only studying Bible and a little math, and that's all they'll be doing next year, too?

I've made my decision, so I'm not really looking for advice. I'm just wondering how other homeschoolers see such an extreme case of failure to teach, and whether you'd feel a responsibility to report this to any kind of authorities in some way.

My decision: I am absolutely not going to say a word to anyone. Not while I personally know many public school graduates who can barely read their own diplomas and don't seem to know anything, and nobody accuses their parents or teachers of educational neglect.

I'm finding this thread absolutely horrifying. But it does twig a memory of blogger we like to lampoon, from a few months back.

Edited to break link. - MJB

I was horrified by one of the replies:

No, I wouldn't do anything about it because I think you can get a quality year-long curriculum out of studying the Bible and math. Language Arts, Nature, Poetry, Reading, Ancient History, etc can all be studied that way.

Seriously? Seriously? People think that?

Not a blogger, but do you by any chance mean this woman

biblicalscholarship.net/

This is how they homeschool

We do not study the scriptures as a separate Bible study class. The scriptures actually form our Language Arts, Ancient History, and, at times, have even formed our Art and Spanish classes.

Also, I had to find this gem again:

Hannah's other cousin, a male, who came almost two years after the girls was probably reading at two or three--and like many males showed an amazing ability to speak in complete sentences at two years old. All of the children started their mathematics program in preschool. I did not keep up with Hannah's male cousin as much because of the age difference but from infancy, being in his presence made me feel as if I were in the presence of a master of the world.

Edited to break the link. Sorry.