IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I wonder if he is getting his own TLC spinoff? A "Duggars in the City" kind of thing. I mean, the 19KAC premise is stale, and has been for a long time. Let's throw some Duggars into the real world and see what happens -- on camera!

Also, it strikes me as amazing that Michelle felt Jinger's comments regarding the city -- the one that gave normal people (and us ;) ) an ever so slight glimmer of hope for her future -- is a reason for fucking damage control.

Let us pray: Dear Lord, may an undeniably appropriate suitor approach JimBob for permission to court Jinger. May you lay it on that man's heart to purpose to move to the city and to treat his wife as an equal. In FreeJinger's name we pray, Wo-Men.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's something like family research council then looks like Josh is aiming to become a one-issue politician just like his dad. But who knows, it could be a good cover for his escape if that is what he's really trying to do. We saw a prime example of how insanely controlling his folks are.....

Way to crush your kid's dreams Michelle...

Jinger is an adult, and she has every right to move as far away as you as she wants to. If I was your daughter, I would be doing the same.

I can see the older girls turning out like Poor Sarah. Michelle does not want to let them go.

It would be good if she could go stay with Josh for a while, he would give her more freedom.

So that would be family research council, right? My guess is that boob buys a nice big house so they can all come "visit."

One thing is for sure, joshie will get to see snow!

I checked out some of the staff bios. They all had some level of higher education. How does an uneducated douche fit in? I'd be more inclined to hire a high school grad who educated himself at the library, because at least I know he/she wouldn't have learned from "Wisdom" books.

The most ardent religious watchers have been telling us all along that these fundy groups aim to put their own into positions of power via politics. If nothing else his name recognition will go a long way to making him "an expert" in whatever with those who already follow that path. FRC members will love it.

Even TLC wouldnt do a show about a right wing christian organization.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be about the organization; it would be about the young "yokel" Smuggar clan finding their way in the big, bad city. They could just show Josh doing generic "work" stuff without going into the hard and fast politics of wherever he's employed, combined with home life and "seeing the sights" of DC.

I sincerely hope that when people refer to Smuggar as the star of a reality series, people will google his name and be brought here. We can help open them open their eyes! I'm surprised that Michelle used such direct language when talking about Jinger. Usually, she just talks in circles around the subject matter. I think that is probably one of the most honest public quotes from her that I've read. That's probably how she really talks at home.

I don't think that Smuggles wouldn't like D.C It has abortion, isn't a theocracy, and there are people who are LGBT and * gasp * agnostics and atheists. I think that we will see a lawsuit/protest against him very soon... Somebody should show his instagram pics to the company he's working at, especially the saved bus 1s and anti-gay 1s. Intolerance is not good for possible jobs, Smuggles. :naughty:

I hope TLC isn't financing this and giving Josh and Anna their own show. Maybe Bravo can scoop up Anna and add her to Real housewives of DC.

Granted, all I know about the Duggars comes from FJ, but I don't know what job he's qualified for in DC-- whether on the Hill or in a think-tank/advocacy group -- that would allow him to support a family here.

Even at PHC and HSLDA, there's a reason why the entry level/internship positions are all filled by young single people. (Loudoun County, where they are located, is also very expensive.)

I hope TLC isn't financing this and giving Josh and Anna their own show. Maybe Bravo can scoop up Anna and add her to Real housewives of DC.

"Mr. Smugs Goes to Washington?"

"Mr. Smugs Goes to Washington?"

If Josh is really looking to get into politics and be taken seriously, the last thing he should want is a "Duggar country bumpkin in DC" show featuring him. Prime time for the TLC show is over, it's on it's way out and trying to resurrect it by featuring a Duggar does DC seems more likely to backfire than succeed.

There was an article somewhere from a year or two ago that said there was a Duggar sibling spin off in the works. The article also stated that there was going to be a spinoff reality show for two of the sons of one of Real Housewives families. According to various soruces, the RH spinoff is still in the works, but it won't be on Bravo. A Josh and Anna spinoff show is possible, but I don't see TLC/Discovery doing it. 19kac has decreased in ratings over the past couple of years. Last season, there were a few times the ratings dropped below 1 million. Josh and Anna do get the occasional media coverage, but they aren't extremely popular or marketable. Josh and Anna are slightly younger than some of more popular reality show stars like Snooki, the Kardashian kids, etc. Snooki, JWow, and the Kardashians are marketable to younger demographics because they are very mainstream. I think Josh and Anna are slowly turning fundie lite. But Anna is still wearing skirts and dresses all the time and I doubt she would do mainstream things like Zumba, going to a dance club, going to a book club, etc. I can see a Josh and Anna show getting boring fast. The Kardashian girls are a bit upfront and admit to having problems with their husbands and boyfriends. Josh and Anna like being the "happy perfect couple" all the time.

I don't think that Smuggles wouldn't like D.C It has abortion, isn't a theocracy, and there are people who are LGBT and * gasp * agnostics and atheists. I think that we will see a lawsuit/protest against him very soon... Somebody should show his instagram pics to the company he's working at, especially the saved bus 1s and anti-gay 1s. Intolerance is not good for possible jobs, Smuggles. :naughty:

If he's really going to work for the Family Research Council, as some have speculated up-thread, then anti-gay isn't a hinderance. It's a basic job requirement.

I have yet to see any kind of education, critical thinking, logic, intelligence, or world experience from any "family values" anti-choice group. These are people who think propaganda and lies, and going against everything proven to lessen abortion rates will end abortion. Smugs will fit right in.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I grew up in DC and just south in pressure-cooker Northern Virginia. If your parents didn't at least have their Master's in their field of choice, you were sort of blue-collar as far as social status. DC tends to attract type-A, best-and-brightest types. I had a 3.9 GPA in high school and fell somewhere near the upper 2/3 of my graduating class of a thousand..... we had 16 valedictorians with 4.5+ due to AP classes. That's one high school in the late 80s, full to the top of overachievers driven by their overachiever parents.

One of the biggest douches from that school is a higher-up at Family Research Council. He's got a doctorate from Georgetown in Political Science, so as irritatingly fundie and holier than all of us he is, he's very well-educated and prepared to swim with the sharks.

Smuggar? I'll go with a year there, tops. It is not a place for the faint of anything.

If he really is going to work for the FRC, he's going to be schooled by the interns they have (who require you to be in school at the time).

I found this Smugs quote from: http://naughtybutnicerob.com/duggar-im-moving-to-dc-to-work-in-politics/ (I didn't check their source.)

He has perspective?!!! About the world?!!! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingyellow: :lol:

Politicians are educated. How does he expect to get a job?

Just because I don't want it to die, here's one of Josh's examples of political perspective:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -santorum/

Not exactly smart things to say to the press about a guy that you end up voting for :roll:

When it comes to getting ahead, it's not always about WHAT you know but WHO you know. It may be small to begin with and dwindling, but the Duggars do have a fan base and they're recognizable, so for some conservative politician whose constituents are Duggar fans, it may be enough to hire Josh as window dressing. He can be the Ringo of the staff. The same way the Beatles would throw Ringo a bone once an album and then pretty much ignore him the rest of the time, Josh can throw out an idea every now and then while the rest of the staff rolls their eyes behind his back and gets the real work done.

Many moons ago, I used to work for one of the big movie companies and every year, we'd have to hire interns to "help" us during the summer. Invariably, they were always the sons and daughters of investors, stars, or other "important" people and also invariably, they were as dumb as rocks, entitled up the wazoo, had the work ethics of a dead squirrel and more of a hindrance than a help. But it looked good to have them around so there they were. And that's Josh.

Way to crush your kid's dreams Michelle...

Jinger is an adult, and she has every right to move as far away as you as she wants to. If I was your daughter, I would be doing the same.

I can see the older girls turning out like Poor Sarah. Michelle does not want to let them go.

It would be good if she could go stay with Josh for a while, he would give her more freedom.

For all of his (many) faults and even though Josh would be in loco parentis to Jinger if she stayed with him and his family, I don't think Josh would be a helicopter brother/parent. He might actually be happy to have Jinger helping Anna and the kids, while not intruding on his private life. He and Anna did NOT look happy to have his family horning in on them while he was on his own time during the Tokyo segment.

Its so sad that its actually awesome. Mikey terrified... no Mac...

[attachment=0]nomac.JPG[/attachment]

The Smuggars are culling the children, so they can still fit in one cab. Mac cried at her aunt's wedding; she's gone, with a preserved floating hand to scare Mikey and M'fetus into submitting. What else could Mikey do, but be terrified?

edited to ask: Where did the picture go?

I have yet to see any kind of education, critical thinking, logic, intelligence, or world experience from any "family values" anti-choice group. These are people who think propaganda and lies, and going against everything proven to lessen abortion rates will end abortion. Smugs will fit right in.

He will fit in with that kind of organization but even if he is surrounded by like-mind folks in his work environment, there will be day to day interactions with people not like him. Such as with neighbors, parents of other kids who befriend his kids, people from other political groups, protesters etc. He's going to be a fish out of water in a lot of situations. This is not living in NW AR.

Not yet ready to reveals all the details of his new job, Josh confirmed that he will be working with a Christian organization to help promote ‘family values and right to life.’

Awesome. We will get blessed with a massive amount of new food pics and anti-gay and anti-abortion slogans via instagram.

Smugs will be working towards demolishing women and gay rights. This guy has yet to understand there are bigger issues to resolve in Washington, but he is just a one note idiot. You can take Josh out of Fundieville, but you cannot take Fundieville out of the Josh.

Thinking about it more, I really don't think this is any kind of "escape". From what I've seen via the show and instagram, Anna is just just like Juterus and is controlling the family. Going by her instagram, there is no way she will ever leave her ultra conservative views.

The most ardent religious watchers have been telling us all along that these fundy groups aim to put their own into positions of power via politics. If nothing else his name recognition will go a long way to making him "an expert" in whatever with those who already follow that path. FRC members will love it.

Post a reply Quick Reply

Take this movement seriously people. Their goal is "dominion"--to put in place a theocracy in the USA. They ARE making huge in-roads into even many former moderate churches. They have hijacked the homeschool movement in many, if not, most states allowing their agenda to reach people who would never have heard of it had it not been for wanting to attend a curriculum fair or similar event.

Those of you in large cities or university towns may laugh. Those of us living in the midwest see all too much of this and they get a great influence each year.

And:

1. Josh has been raised to go into politics.

2. There is an ever-growing voting block of people who, while maybe not choosing the Duggar's exact lifestyle, have a ton of sympathy for it.

3. People are sick of over-paid, over-educated Congress.

4. Jim Bob is not as dumb as some people on this board think. He is a very savvy real estate investor.

5. Josh is not going to be a threat to any staffer--it is his name and the organization his family represents, the lifestyle, the beliefs that he is hired for just like any other lobbyist.

His instagram has been showing him at political stuff for a while now. I'm happy he and Anna can have a life of their own. I'm sure the family can easily buy them somewhere really nice to live, too.

Archived