IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I was hoping he'd been hired on as a local food critic, specializing in the finer drive-through establishments

Jinger is an adult, for crying out loud. If one of my parents had so much as hinted that they had any say in where I lived, there would have been a whole lot of packing my crap and shouting 'kiss my ass' on the way out the door just to prove them wrong. Of course that never would have happened because my parents raised me to have confidence and a mind of my own. By the time I was Jinger's age, I was in the military and lived in my own apartment--with my boyfriend.

Question: How will the Duggar's confirm to her potential spouse that she is still a virgin? Hmmmmm. The best opportunity will be for Jinger to move to DC with her brother for awhile and help Anna with the kids. Maybe Jinger will meet a fundie-lite who wants to live in the city together. They are everywhere!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Jinger does spend the summer in DC. Josh enjoys regular society in a way that his parents do not. He wouldn't supervise her the way they do. She would love the privacy and freedom.

If Jinger's being sent to help out with the kids, and they're living in an apartment, she might be taking the kids to the park. She could make friends with the moms and nannies who go there, a nice, diverse group of women outside of her fundie bubble.

Do you think that maybe he's going to be working for Patrick Henry College or HSLDA, in Purcellville VA and they just said, "Washington, DC" That wouldn't surprise me.

That seems more likely than him getting an actual job working for a congressman.

Damn - I feel so bad for Jinger and the other females in that household. Her parents are such control freaks. I wish they would let her live her own life, instead of being kept around just to show how 'godly' they are.

According to stats from the Congressional Research Service, 93% of current House Members, and 99% of Senators, have at least a Bachelor's degree. 21 House Members (out of 441) and 1 Senator (out of 100) have no degree beyond a high school diploma.

According to the Congressional Management Foundation, approx. 82% of House staffers, and approx. 86% of Senate staffers, have at least a bachelor's degree. I think these percentages would be very similar at any lobbying group, think tank, activist organization, etc. in the Washington area.

The vast majority of interns in Washington are current students at brick-and-mortar colleges.

Welcome to Washington, Josh.

I wonder if they're hoping to send Jinger to live with Josh and Anna to try and deal with her 'worldliness' a la Suze Keller. Give her a tiny taste of freedom with a family member to watch over her in the hopes that she'll get scared and come running home?

Considering that DC is a political town and the Duggars are essentially a one-issue family when it comes to politics I suspect whatever Josh's new job involves, fighting abortion rights will be at it's core.

He is likely going to work for either the FRC or the Heritage Foundation. Those are my guesses. I have 2 fundie-lite acquaintances who work for The Heritage Foundation and it seems both Josh and Anna would fit in well there.

Fuck you, J'uterus. She's your adult daughter, there isn't a 'we' or 'allowed to' when it comes to making decisions about where she lives if and when she breaks free from your clutches.

Seriously! It blows my mind when they use these types of words referring to their ADULT children. It also seems like none of the kids realize that they can make their own freakign choices!!

My mom let me move to Philadelphia when I was 17 for college (I turned 18 in the second semester). My mother is a very religious woman who did want me to choose to stay home until marriage (but college was always encouraged). The difference there is, my mother let me know I had choices to make. While she struggled with sending her 17 year old to a big city hours away, she knew I would just do it at 18 anyway and did not want to hold me back, and in the end actually celebrated my decision with me and fully supported me (well except financially, lol). It saddnes me to know that these kids feel an obligation to follow their parents' rules as adults instead of leaving and following their own dreams. Jinger wants to live in a city, she specifically mentioned NYC. That is what she wants, not a freaking WALMART!

Josh is not going to handle DC well at all. I give him 6 months before heading back to Arkansas.

With his work ethic, the lack of edumacation and the cost of living in a big city, I don't see this last long. He knows that those low on the totem pole are expected to put in a lot of hours. Poor Anna, stuck in a strange city with soon to be three kids and no one around to help, with the possible exception of one of the SIL's if Jichelle lets them off the leash long enough.

Free all the girls in that house. And grandma.

I suppose it's possible that this is the beginning of an escape. If it is, if he really is not OK with the life controlled by the J'parents and wants out, then good for him. It's just I see him so unprepared for the realities of life beyond Duggarland and not sure he will last.

ETA: no one in DC, except at maybe whatever conservative organization he might be working at, is going to care about his being a Duggar or the reality show fame as counting for anything. In fact, I see it as a source of ridicule. He will be interacting with a LOT of people not like him. Hopefully he will figure out very quickly to keep his mouth shut about being a Duggar, the family, the show, the fame, and try to achieve things on his own merits if he can.

That's assuming Josh can even figure out the Metro. :lol:

I just hope he doesn't try to pull the Instagram crap while he's got his family in the car. Traffic in northern Virginia is truly terrifying. :?

Have done my share of driving both around DC and in NW AR. He's in for a real adjustment as far as driving.

As far as taking the Metro, not only won't he figure it out, he's not going to know that you just don't go anywhere. As someone from a large metro area, you informally learn what areas are OK to travel in and what areas to avoid, even on public transportation and even during the day.

Depending on the type of new job he got-he can kiss TLC good bye.

Maybe they can move in next door to crazy Abigal, her and Anna can bond and share poor financial decisions. :lol:

I do think this is his slow escape. When watching the show the other night and his siblings interrupted his date you could see he was annoyed. There was this sense as though can I please just do my own thing with my wife. As far as Jinger I think it will be interesting to see what happens. She has a sense of curiousity and this is very dangerous when trapped in the environment of a cult. I was watching I Escaped A Cult earlier this week and this women stated she would sneak in books and was always thristy for knowledge of the outside world.

I really hope he takes this opportunity to do something with his life, besides live off the fame of being the first one to escape from Mullet's uterus.

PokaDot, I don't see how he has a nice fortune saved up of TLC money. He eats out all the time and spends his money on toys.

Doesn't TLC pay the Duggars like...$20-40k an episode? I'm assuming Josh gets paid separately. I'm assuming, since Josh has made more than the average american just from being on the show and whatever amount he gets from the car lot. Even if he does eat out a lot, he probably has some savings to fall back on.

For what it is worth, Discovery Channel which owns TLC is located in Silver Spring, MD(next to DC).Perhaps, he got a job with them? (unlikely, but just a thought.)

Doesn't TLC pay the Duggars like...$20-40k an episode? I'm assuming Josh gets paid separately. I'm assuming, since Josh has made more than the average american just from being on the show and whatever amount he gets from the car lot. Even if he does eat out a lot, he probably has some savings to fall back on.

He also has essentially no expenses that most young couples have. Yeah, maybe he pays rent, but since his house is owned by his family he doesn't have to. His vehicles are most likely business expenses, so no car payment; anytime he needs a particular car, he can just take it off the lot. Who knows if he even has to pay for his iphone and data plan? It could be covered by JB or TLC. So he basically has utilities, taxes, and maybe some insurance. He could have a fair bit saved up, but he'll have to learn to be more responsible with his money if he intends to make it in DC.

I found this Smugs quote from: http://naughtybutnicerob.com/duggar-im-moving-to-dc-to-work-in-politics/ (I didn't check their source.)

“I think that we can disagree with each other, but still respect each other,†said Josh. “My mom and dad taught us that from a very early age. Being around people of different ages gives you perspective about the world. We need that in DC.â€

He has perspective?!!! About the world?!!! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingyellow: :lol:

Politicians are educated. How does he expect to get a job?

I found this Smugs quote from: http://naughtybutnicerob.com/duggar-im-moving-to-dc-to-work-in-politics/ (I didn't check their source.)

He has perspective?!!! About the world?!!! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingyellow: :lol:

Wow, he is delusional, isn't he?

Josh, I hate to tell you but DC already has more perspective about the world than you have from your SOTDRT education, limited upbringing, and limited experiences (sorry going to Asia with your family turning up their noses at the culture doesn't count). Maybe it will pay to lose the smugness, keep your mouth shut, and expect to learn something.

How sad, they cut Mac out of the picture....

Edit:

One more thing! Being around people of different ages does not give you (that much) perspective about the world. Being around people of different backgrounds, on the other hand, does.

How sad, they cut Mac out of the picture....

It's like the Photoshop horror pictures - all you see is a tiny toddler hand!

But, it’s not just baby news that Josh and Anna broke today. The couple and there growing family, say they are planning to move to Washington DC where Josh hopes to get involved in politics.

“I think that we can disagree with each other, but still respect each other,†said Josh. “My mom and dad taught us that from a very early age. Being around people of different ages gives you perspective about the world. We need that in DC.â€

Not yet ready to reveals all the details of his new job, Josh confirmed that he will be working with a Christian organization to help promote ‘family values and right to life.’ Two issues that he cares deeply about.

So that would be family research council, right? My guess is that boob buys a nice big house so they can all come "visit."

One thing is for sure, joshie will get to see snow!

It's like the Photoshop horror pictures - all you see is a tiny toddler hand!

Its so sad that its actually awesome. Mikey terrified... no Mac...

post-315-14451996970271_thumb.jpg

Though it would be sort of funny to watch this moron fail epically at the ins and outs of DC politics, I REALLY hope this isn't a spinoff in the making.

Though it would be sort of funny to watch this moron fail epically at the ins and outs of DC politics, I REALLY hope this isn't a spinoff in the making.

Even TLC wouldnt do a show about a right wing christian organization.

Archived