IGNORED

CT School shooting

snarkykitty

tumblr_mf1tccEUWR1rqnoi0o1_400.jpg

50 million abortions A DAY? This whole post is wrong on so many levels but 50 million abortions a day means that every single female (old, young, and everything in between) in the entire world would need to be getting an abortion every 70 days. I haven't been keeping up.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 million abortions A DAY? This whole post is wrong on so many levels but 50 million abortions a day means that every single female (old, young, and everything in between) in the entire world would need to be getting an abortion every 70 days. I haven't been keeping up.

Well when you count all of the women that are on birth control (which causes abortions, don'tcha know???!!!! :liar: ) that number might be feasable.

Hell, I've had my IUD for 1.5 years, so that's at least 18 possible fertilized eggs (read: BABIEZ!!!!) that the evil Mirena has aborted.

Clearly you haven't been pulling your weight. :D

I was wondering on Wednesday if someone would try to out do the oregon mall shooter. I am sad to say that my intuition may have been right.

Weeellllll....I've been impressed today by all the Christ-like love demonstrated by the Official Christians in my Facebook feed. So impressed that I need vodka and chocolate. In volume.

Weeellllll....I've been impressed today by all the Christ-like love demonstrated by the Official Christians in my Facebook feed. So impressed that I need vodka and chocolate. In volume.

Whiskey and chocolate gelt here. Join me. :twisted:

The news was talking about some of the heroic stories of this tragedy, which has restored some of my faith in humanity. Some.

I have been writing letters to all of my representatives suggesting they take bold and diverse actions to keep our innocent schoolchildren safer, and I hope some people here will join me. I admit, I am all about teh baybeez. The already born ones, that is.

tumblr_mf1tccEUWR1rqnoi0o1_400.jpg

There are so many reasons that this not like abortion (and abortion is not like the Holocaust, but that's a different discussion for a different day). And I think them in my head. But I don't think I could type them out without beginning to sob.

These people have no sense of perspective. How is the existence of a ball of cells that could potentially become a life, more important than the lives of 20 6/7 year old children, or the millions of people killed by the Nazis?

Also 50 million abortions a day is not true. The population of America is just under 315 million. There are 103 million women between the age of 15 and 64. Out of those women, a theres a large percentage who cant get pregnant-due to going through menopause, infertility, regularly using birth control, being gay, or not being sexually active, and another large percentage of people who are capable of getting pregnant, but are not pregnant. Out of the women who are pregnant, a lot are probably planning to stay pregnant. Obviously, you cant get pregnant more than once a month as you only ovulate once a month, so the number of abortions per day this person states is impossible, unless everyone in the country who is capable of being pregnant gets pregnant and chooses to abort on the same day, which would not happen every day.

SOTDRT does not teach math then?

For the person who said that 20 children got the best Christmas present ever by having a horrible death at the age of 6 and going to heaven......I am sure all of these children would rather be alive, looking forward to celebrating Christmas with their parents. CHILDREN DYING IS NOT A GOOD THING!

Whiskey and chocolate gelt here. Join me. :twisted:

The news was talking about some of the heroic stories of this tragedy, which has restored some of my faith in humanity. Some.

I have been writing letters to all of my representatives suggesting they take bold and diverse actions to keep our innocent schoolchildren safer, and I hope some people here will join me. I admit, I am all about teh baybeez. The already born ones, that is.

Whiskey works. I've been reading the stories too. The Principal and school psychologist who died trying to tackle the shooter, the 26 year old teacher who saved her kids by getting them into a closet and telling the gunman they were in gym class before he shot her....I can't get over the fact that its just another example of a man killing women and children, just on a larger scale than usual. It's like the patriarchy on steroids.

Whiskey works. I've been reading the stories too. The Principal and school psychologist who died trying to tackle the shooter, the 26 year old teacher who saved her kids by getting them into a closet and telling the gunman they were in gym class before he shot her....I can't get over the fact that its just another example of a man killing women and children, just on a larger scale than usual. It's like the patriarchy on steroids.

It really is the patriarchy.

As heartwarming as it is to think that all these friendly, smiling faces at my children's schools would die to protect them, they should not have to. Because psychopaths should not have assault rifles. This kind of heroism should be unnecessary. These are teachers, not bodyguards.

Seems like that's how it always it. How many women have done this sort of thing?

Oh fuck. Don't get me started on the fucking Scientologists at VT. I don't know why they were allowed to set up a huge tent on the drill field. It was horrid. There papered the campus with literature too.

Sure there are. (This popped up in my fb feed this afternoon.)

8276696474_7632f332f1_z.jpg

That's IT. I am fucking DONE. I just jumped up, grabbed a broom and slammed it into a wall multiple times. I am going to get out the ouzo, which I hate, and drink it straight for two shots. Then I will sincerely pray to God I will sleep and forget for a few hours there apes like this who roam above the ground while 20 innocent babies and the 6 teachers that tried to save them go below.

That's IT. I am fucking DONE. I just jumped up, grabbed a broom and slammed it into a wall multiple times. I am going to get out the ouzo, which I hate, and drink it straight for two shots. Then I will sincerely pray to God I will sleep and forget for a few hours there apes like this who roam above the ground while 20 innocent babies and the 6 teachers that tried to save them go below.

I am nursing a hot toddy here.

Because psychopaths should not have assault rifles.

Civilians shouldn't have assault rifles. And there's absolutely nothing that guarantees their right to have them.

The second amendment says: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Not, "Any random person on the street can have an assault rifle." Partially because assault rifles hadn't been invented in 1789, but mostly because bearing arms as part of a and I'm quoting here "well regulated" militia in case the government becomes a dictatorship instead of a democracy is not the equivalent of any idiot having an assault rifle. Or an extended clip. Or whatever monstrous weaponry is used to kill tens of people by spraying ammunition everywhere without a second thought.

looks like his page is goon poor snowlfake too his post and went home in a pout.

It was there a couple of hours ago. I bet he's locked it down tight, dumbass that he is.

Seems like that's how it always it. How many women have done this sort of thing?

A few, but quite the minority. According to a Mother Jones article on mass shootings that came out before this, 61 of the past 62 big ones were done by men.

That said, I could ALMOST give a pass to the "but they're lucky to be with God" thing if someone is seriously religious and just trying to put their best good wishes on a situation. I've known people to say similarly "hopefully [someone] reincarnated into a better life this next time and is better off" etc, only with the best of intentions and while horribly sad. (Politicians though? Not so much!!!)

HOWEVER. If they're gonna go there, then it should be fair game to say that hey, aborting all those babies is just 100% peachy keen fine good news too, because hey, aren't they just getting back to Jesus that much sooner?

(In fact I've seen a snark poster to that effect somwhere, quite possibly on Fark, but don't have the desire to go hunting for it now...)

That said, I could ALMOST give a pass to the "but they're lucky to be with God" thing if someone is seriously religious and just trying to put their best good wishes on a situation.

Yes, I could almost give a pass to that. Not quite, but almost. On the other hand, "but they're lucky to be with God" is not even remotely the same as "Getting murdered in your first grade classroom? BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVAR!"

Archived