IGNORED

CT School shooting

snarkykitty

Just wanted to start the thread since i didn't see one. A Newtown, CT elementary school has killed at least a dozen people, perhaps as many as 27 people, half reported to be children. News is still trickling, but if you pray, please pray, if you can offer positive thoughts, please do so, for peace and comfort for these families and this tiny New England town.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm speechless. Supposedly the gunman was the father of a student. This is just sickening. :(

We have friends with kids there. Waiting to hear if your child is okay must be gut wrenching. I just cannot imagine.

And now AP has confirmed 27 dead - 18 are kids. This is a school K-4th grade. All practically babies, at this age. I'm so sick about this. :(

I think it is like these shooters are People who want to commit suicide and take as many people with them in as specular manor. little jihadist assholes that want to pander their suicide to the news. Not sure if there is a way to stop it really but not to have the news exploiting it.

I've been praying for everyone since I heard. Even if you don't believe in prayer or don't normally pray, please just send a quick, "Let those affected find peace in the wake of this horrific tragedy" out into the universe. It can't hurt.

FUCK RANDOM SHOOTINGS!!!!! What kind of fucking monster goes into an elementary school and starts killing children?

My thoughts are with the children and families and community right now. How awful to be put through this.

I just saw the photo of the children being led out with their hands on each others shoulders and now have tears in my eyes.

There was a mix up with the school buses earlier and DD had to be picked up from school an hour late.Now I can't believe I was even angry about it, when something like this happens it puts it all into perspective.

This is just so, so fucking sick. :(

I can't believe this. So fucked up. I am physically sick over this. I feel so sorry for all the parents. Right before ths holidays too. My fucking god who would do something like this! There was no fucking reason, they are little children! I will never for the life of me understand why anyone would do something like this ever. And a parent of a student there of all people! I just, my thoughts are with all the people suffering right now. :cry:

They do it because it is a spectacular way to die in their eyes. they are famous and they get so much more news coverage then if they jut offed themselves in their room. The ultimate fuck you suicide.

i feel positively sick over this. since having children, ANY sort of violence against children kicks my anxiety into overdrive. It's impossible for me not to put my girls' faces on the children in these situations.

I have a child sitting in a kindergarten classroom RIGHT THIS FUCKING MINUTE.

god. GOD. this is dreadful.

A friend of mine lives in Newtown. Her kids are safe, but locked down in another town school.

Contrary, my little one is in her kindergarten class right now, too. I am horrified.

I'm horrified. I still follow a lot of CT news media and I've been hearing about it all morning. I don't know how a parent could do that to children, period.

I try not to have the tv on when the kids are awake and there is no tv here in the office, so I was unaware. I just can't imagine. I'm shaking with anxiety for those parents right now.

Archived