IGNORED

CT School shooting

snarkykitty

CNN is just fucking irresponsible. Some guy is on now saying that the shooter was autistic.

So the assault rifles belonged to the mother?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The brother has said that the shooter had mental health issues.

All I had heard was personality disorder. Has autism been confirmed?

I live and work about half an hour away from Newtown. One of my colleagues has twin stepchildren who are first graders at Sandy Hook Elementary. Our whole office is stunned.

And I just learned that my brother-in-law, a state social worker, has been called in to do a heartbreaking job: to distribute death certificates to the bereaved parents, and to try to console them.

And all I could do was speed over to my daughter's house, and hug my own beloved kindergartener, who chatted away to me about the toy jungle animals he wants for Christmas, while his mother was off in another room, calling her fellow teachers to try to rally support for Sandy Hook Elementary and trying desperately not to let her baby see her cry.

I live and work about half an hour away from Newtown. One of my colleagues has twin stepchildren who are first graders at Sandy Hook Elementary. Our whole office is stunned.

And I just learned that my brother-in-law, a state social worker, has been called in to do a heartbreaking job: to distribute death certificates to the bereaved parents, and to try to console them.

And all I could do was speed over to my daughter's house, and hug my own beloved kindergartener, who chatted away to me about the toy jungle animals he wants for Christmas, while his mother was off in another room, calling her fellow teachers to try to rally support for Sandy Hook Elementary and trying desperately not to let her baby see her cry.

My thoughts go out to your colleague and step brother during this time. Also to you and the others around that community.

I just heard that those babies are still in that school as it's being processed. As a parent (or human with an ounce of empathy) my f'ing heart is broken into a thousand pieces for those families.

Omg. Just omg. Are her kids ok?

I heard about this out Christmas shopping with my mom. I was crying on the way back home. I don't know why, I have zero connection to this, but god. It's just so fucked up. Why would you shoot up a classroom full of little kids? Why? They were five years old! They were innocent!

I don't even care about the shooter. I don't know why the media wants to know so much about him right now, I wish they would just focus on the victims so some new asshole doesn't get inspired by the attention and try to outdo him. Way too many mass shootings here in the US these last few months.

Perry Coghlan (LiaS husband) has posted to Facebook about how he's praying for the victims of this massacre and also for the thousands of aborted foetuses killed by their mothers every day. The comparison makes me so angry.

Perry Coghlan (LiaS husband) has posted to Facebook about how he's praying for the victims of this massacre and also for the thousands of aborted foetuses killed by their mothers every day. The comparison makes me so angry.

I'm not surprised that a fundie would make a statement like that. It also makes me angry.

What. An. Asshole!

This whole thing is just so fucking sad...I can't find words. Fuck.

I heard about this out Christmas shopping with my mom. I was crying on the way back home. I don't know why, I have zero connection to this, but god. It's just so fucked up. Why would you shoot up a classroom full of little kids? Why? They were five years old! They were innocent!

I don't even care about the shooter. I don't know why the media wants to know so much about him right now, I wish they would just focus on the victims so some new asshole doesn't get inspired by the attention and try to outdo him. Way too many mass shootings here in the US these last few months.

I've been crying most of the afternoon/evening as well. Even my husband, who does not get emotional about anything, is having a very hard time with this.

I really hope the media leaves the victims alone though, we don't need to know those angels' names and their families don't need to be hounded.

He seems to have taken the tweet down. I think this guy wins the award for the most insensitive thing to come out of the mouth of a fundie today.

Seriously, though. Fuck him. Hard. I hope he falls on a cactus.

te9yzezu.jpg

They are still on Facebook.

What a vile human being. Check out the comments on his Bloomberg link. He and his friends are just caricatures of uncritical right-wing idiots.

Nate the CF husband posted these tweets

Perry Noble ‏@perrynoble

Those who automatically jumped on this tragedy to promote their political agenda have no heart!!!

Retweeted by NathanLawrenson

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

not gun control, not mental health issues, not politics, nothing but the love of God can cure the wickedness of man's heart.

I've been crying most of the afternoon/evening as well. Even my husband, who does not get emotional about anything, is having a very hard time with this.

I really hope the media leaves the victims alone though, we don't need to know those angels' names and their families don't need to be hounded.

Good god, I hope not. A "parody" Twitter account with a child in zombie makeup showed up earlier. Quickly taken down, but I can't imagine people would be much better if names were released.

My fundy facebook friend "shared" a post from a homeschooling organization, Homeschool Legal Defense Association, telling people this is not the time to tell other parents that homeschooling is the best/better option but rather you should just pray for them. I don't know whether to be happy that an obviously fundy (edit: I looked at their website and it seems like they are trying to be nonaffiliated, but they have a TON of Christian-style posts on FB and posted against approving the UN's rights of children with disabilities, so... hmm) site is not using the shooting as an excuse to proselytize or to be worried about the fact that they actually had to say this. Here is the shared post:

https://www.facebook.com/hslda/posts/10151274260138419

Today's tragedy in Connecticut will be seen as an opportunity by many political interests to advance their viewpoints--especially those who want to ban private gun ownership.

I would hope that my fellow homeschoolers would resist any temptation to use this tragedy as a means of urging parents to change their educational choices.

All parents need to stand beside these parents in their grief and do only one thing--support them in love as best we can. All educators need to stand beside these educators in their grief and pray for them as we would want them to pray for us.

Today is not a day to point fingers. Today is a day to hold our brothers and sisters by the hand and say loudly, "Your loss is our loss. Your pain is our pain."

God's love through us is the only appropriate message of this hour.

I think now is the perfect time to talk about gun control. Actually, *before* these precious babies were killed would have been better, but that is not an option. I don't think banning private gun ownership is even on the table, but we need to look at who has which guns and whether we are collectively safe under the current laws.

But abortion, homeschooling, and other political issues being brought up are just ridiculous.

Archived