IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2012

Justme

I'm not so sure the police would eat them. Home made gifts from the public are questionable.

But it had a proselytizing Jeebus card with it!!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably made Joseph write the post to take his mind off the fact that he should have been having sex in his own house by now.

Since he was supposed to be married in what, September? He should be well on the way to Fatherhood and Arrow-ownership by now. Instead he's still living at home, baking cookies with his sisters and living under the thumb of his Father. :( Poor Joseph.

Remember when Joseph went for a ride-along with a police officer a few months back? I was a little surprised that Steve-o let him do that, considering what he might have seen. Can you imagine if they had busted a hooker or a drug deal or something like that?

On another note, what do you think the cop who came to their house must have thought of five young adults just hanging around their parents house like that? I guess not so unusual this time of year, but I still bet it got discussed back at the station.

I thought it was a nice gesture and so different from their usual parade of work, ministry, bible study and smiling for the camera.

I was more interested in Anna's hair....it looked like there was styling done! Oh my! And the scarfs the girls' have been sporting. The Maxwell girls better be careful or they'll turn into skanky heathens. With all the posting about making food, maybe their next product will be a cooking book. Yum.

Does anyone else wish they could give NR Anna a wardrobe makeover? Also in one of the Christmas pics, Sarah has a crazy eyes when holding baby Joshua.

In looking back through the pictures, it seems as though Anna had her drab, limp hair for the "Special Event" post on 12/17, but now that we've seen a close up of the new 'do, you can make it out in the concert pictures. It looks really, really nice. It even looks darker, but I'm going to chalk that up to my imagination because there's no way in hell Steve approves of hair dye.

This is not the first time they have made baked goods for civil servants. They made and delivered warm cookies or bread or something a few years back to the electric company workers who were working outside to restore power after a storm. I'm a little surprised they made this seem like this is the first time they have baked for people who help keep them safe and warm.

I like Anna's hair in this series of photos. It looks like it's pulled back a little with some sort of something. She is totally going to be courting soon. They are really showcasing her.

And I, too, thought it interesting Joseph penned this post. Poor Joseph.

And was anyone else besides me interested to see that they actually said "for our usual Christmas service for the residents"? They called them RESIDENTS instead of THE ELDERLY.

Hi, Steve!

And was anyone else besides me interested to see that they actually said "for our usual Christmas service for the residents"? They called them RESIDENTS instead of THE ELDERLY.

Hi, Steve!

Wow yes, that speaks volumes.

Hi Steve, would you like some vinegar for that chip on your shoulder?

I have always asserted that I want my children to put me in a nursing home when the time comes, rather than feeling obligated to care for me themselves should I become, shall we say, "difficult".

After seeing the Maxwell's nursing home ministry, I am rethinking that position.

A lovely gesture, to be sure, but like everything the Maxwells do it's not truly altruistic. First, they can never do anything without throwing Jesus in the face of the recipients, without regard for the personal beliefs (or non beliefs) of the recipients. Jesus laid it on the hearts of the Maxwells and convicted them to bake those cookies, not out of a true sense of giving but because they need to spread the word to the unsaved. 2 cups of flour, a bag of morsels, a stick of butter, a dash of cinnamon all mixed together with the blood of Jesus who died for sins you didn't even know you committed. But secondly, and even more importantly, their motives--once you scratch the surface--are purely selfish. It's all about where you're going to go when you die so to ensure your place in heaven, just keep pumping out those good works. Nothing altruistic about it, it's all about what the Maxwells gain when they go to their great reward.

Here's a definition of altruism that pretty much says it all (yeah, it's from Wikipedia but it's spot on.) Altruism can be distinguished from feelings of duty and loyalty. Altruism is a motivation to provide something of value to a party who must be anyone but one's self, while duty focuses on a moral obligation towards a specific individual (e.g., a god, a king), or collective (e.g., a government). Pure altruism consists of sacrificing something for someone other than the self (e.g. sacrificing time, energy or possessions) with no expectation of any compensation or benefits, either direct, or indirect (e.g., receiving recognition for the act of giving).

There's no sacrifice here on the part of the Maxwells (not even of time, since they NEED to fill every waking moment) but according to their death culture, there's a lot they'll gain personally in the afterlife. Whether it's baking cookies for the police, handing out water at a fair, or ministering to The Elderly, behind that kind and generous facade lurks a grabby, selfish, me-me-me motivation.

I doubt the Maxwells believe in works based salvation.

Anna (and really all the women) were gorgeous in person. I have no idea how they make them look so unattractive in photos. Even Terri was pretty. So i can't imagine how stunning Anna was on christmas.

I don't think it's nitpicking. I thought the same thing. I would never dream of asking them to come get them. :?

Glad I wasn't the only one. I understand having them pick stuff up if it's like tons of clothes and toys and stuff, but seriously, a plate or two of cookies? I'm sure the dispatcher was wondering wth?! wondering what was really up, y'know?

Anna (and really all the women) were gorgeous in person. I have no idea how they make them look so unattractive in photos. Even Terri was pretty. So i can't imagine how stunning Anna was on christmas.

Some people just don't photograph well so it doesn't surprise me that the women are much more attractive in person. I'm no stunner but I look downright UGLY in photos. I mean seriously ugly. The last time I had a passport picture taken, the poor girl just kept offering to retake it again and again until I assured her that she could try until the cows came home but it would never get any better. I've also had people not recognize me in photos because I look so different and I've had TSA agents give me the hairy eyeball because I'm not actually the gargoyle I appear to be in my photos. So my sympathies go out to Anna and Teri.

I had forgot how...toothy...they are :lol: But that's probably the fixed smiles. They look like 50's adverts.

If I had to make something for a copper it would involve a lot less edible items and a lot more...you know what makes cars run? ;) But if the Maxwells get to enjoy themselves a bit making biscuits which no one will eat anyway because who knows what random members of the public might put in them, well I suppose at least it wasn't a terrible day of utter misery for them.

I don't think the Maxwells ever look ugly in their photos. Sad sometimes, but never ugly.

I would never say ugly...but the women look far more attractive in real life. All of them.

Guest Anonymous
If I had to make something for a copper it would involve a lot less edible items and a lot more...you know what makes cars run? ;) But if the Maxwells get to enjoy themselves a bit making biscuits which no one will eat anyway because who knows what random members of the public might put in them, well I suppose at least it wasn't a terrible day of utter misery for them.

Exactly - I can't believe they would eat them! Even if this batch were safe, the next batch might just come with added ingredients to ensure the police are out of action on any occasion that Steve should go postal. :shock:

Yea, and what prevented them from taking the cookies to the police station again? Because it seems pretty self-centered to make the police take the time out of their day to pick up the cookies that the Maxwells so thoughtfully busy-worked.

That pic of Mary, in the greenish room, with the little gingerbread house, and the creepy doll, is that Steve and Teri's bedroom?? There's a bigger bed.

That pic of Mary, in the greenish room, with the little gingerbread house, and the creepy doll, is that Steve and Teri's bedroom?? There's a bigger bed.

I was curious about that room, too, and surprised no one else caught it! That doll freaks me out.

Guest Anonymous

I was curious about that room, too, and surprised no one else caught it! That doll freaks me out.

There would seem to be some china figurines on the dresser, so I am guessing it is Teri and Steve's room, with the Precious Whatever collection on display.

I think that's actually a smaller bed in the girls' room, it's just hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

The color, layout and bedframe match this older picture of the girls' room when they were packing for Colorado.

DSC_2954.jpg

Archived