IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2012

Justme

Idk, John Marie has quite an operation out there in Idaho. In fact he just opened a 2nd store in Wa. I don't think he'd give all that up for a Maxwell sister would he?

I agree, I doubt he'd give up what seems like a one man band in Idaho to move to Kansas. Surely there must be fundie women in Idaho he could marry.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I doubt he'd give up what seems like a one man band in Idaho to move to Kansas. Surely there must be fundie women in Idaho he could marry.

I grew up in Idaho and honestly, I've never come across the Maxwell kind of fundie. Most super religious people are Mormon, and I'm guessing that's not quite in line with Stevie's line of fundiedom. So maybe J-Marie needs more than a Mormon. And I'm guessing he's not Mormon or Stevie wouldn't have anything to do with him.

That head in the corner is definitely photoshopped. There is no room for a chair back there! WTF were they thinking?

That head in the corner is definitely photoshopped. There is no room for a chair back there! WTF were they thinking?

Thank you! I thought so!

My guess is that John-M has a buyer for his businesses in the NW and sees some kind of opportunity in Kansas. Water's getting scarce everywhere and IIRC when you fly over Kansas you can see irrigation systems mile after mile after mile.

Steve would be the de facto head of a growing conglomerate, man. Computers, IHOPTrain or whatever their training biz is called, MOTH et.al. and now irrigation systems. E-hah.

Thank you! I thought so!

My guess is that John-M has a buyer for his businesses in the NW and sees some kind of opportunity in Kansas. Water's getting scarce everywhere and IIRC when you fly over Kansas you can see irrigation systems mile after mile after mile.

Steve would be the de facto head of a growing conglomerate, man. Computers, IHOPTrain or whatever their training biz is called, MOTH et.al. and now irrigation systems. E-hah.

This is an interesting thought. You are probably right. He can make himself a boatload of money selling his biz, buy Joseph's house for $50K, and Anna marries him and lives a mile from the compound.

John-M probably wants to leave WA because of ebil gay marriage and legalized weed.

Oh, snap! You're right! November 6th was his final straw with this state. Well, and the fact that we've had a female governor and senators that do more than most men was probably just the beginning.

There's some intriguing stuff being discussed here. I can see this John guy maybe wanting to move his business to KS because he sees opportunity, which would make him good husband material in Steve's eyes. He's already been vetted for his beliefs and was allowed into the Maxwell sanctum. If he moves down to KS, Steve may agree to a courtship. I'm not sure that the guy is leaving because of gay marriage and legalized pot. I mean, WA is only known as liberal due to Seattle and the surrounding region. The eastern area near Idaho is pretty conservative. Fundies don't seem too moved by state politics to want to move across state lines, especially if they can find "like-minded" individuals nearby. No, if there is a move, it will not be due to politics, but more to business opportunities. If he moves down to KS, then the courtship is totally possible. Joseph selling the house....maybe? The guy put a lot of work into it, thinking it was his future home. I'm not sure if he'd part with it. OTOH, he may make a handsome profit from this "house flipping" as it is completely remodeled. Yeah, I can see a girl Maxwell courtship in the works (finally!). Sadly, I think it will kill Sarah to watch her baby sisters marry before her.....

There's some intriguing stuff being discussed here. I can see this John guy maybe wanting to move his business to KS because he sees opportunity, which would make him good husband material in Steve's eyes. He's already been vetted for his beliefs and was allowed into the Maxwell sanctum. If he moves down to KS, Steve may agree to a courtship. I'm not sure that the guy is leaving because of gay marriage and legalized pot. I mean, WA is only known as liberal due to Seattle and the surrounding region. The eastern area near Idaho is pretty conservative. Fundies don't seem too moved by state politics to want to move across state lines, especially if they can find "like-minded" individuals nearby. No, if there is a move, it will not be due to politics, but more to business opportunities. If he moves down to KS, then the courtship is totally possible. Joseph selling the house....maybe? The guy put a lot of work into it, thinking it was his future home. I'm not sure if he'd part with it. OTOH, he may make a handsome profit from this "house flipping" as it is completely remodeled. Yeah, I can see a girl Maxwell courtship in the works (finally!). Sadly, I think it will kill Sarah to watch her baby sisters marry before her.....

Agreed on all fronts. But I could see Joseph making a career out of house flipping. He obviously has the skills and the tools -- he and John have a remodeling business (although I'm not sure they are doing that anymore, are they? We don't hear too much about that). Heck, he could just as easily buy some property and build his own house from the ground up that doesn't have shades of Elizabeth in it. It will be interesting to see what he does.

If Anna were to marry and leave, not only would Steve lose his control of her to another man but Terri would lose her major cook and kitchen maid. The musical group would lose a singer and the aunts would lose a baby sitter and cleaning help. Another loss is all her toil on their " road show". Fundie families have the much to lose when daughters leave the family compound.

Jon-Marie does not live in Washington. He lives west of Homedale, Idaho, just 3 or 4 miles from the Oregon border. It truly is "the middle of nowhere" - Anna would be sufficiently isolated from the evils of society.

• 2 weeks later...

after they inflicted themselves on "the elderly." It was Anna's idea and Mary made a card. And speaking of Mary, her hair in the last photo is a bit, shall we say, va-va-voom! And Joseph penned the post! It's mayhem, I tell ya!!!!

Edited because plurals don't have apostrophes.

Good to see them interacting with people outside of the family. Maybe if they keep doing stuff like that some handsome young cop will meet Sarah and decide to try courting her. :D

after they inflicted themselves on "the elderly." It was Anna's idea and Mary made a card. And speaking of Mary, her hair in the last photo is a bit, shall we say, va-va-voom! And Joseph penned the post! It's mayhem, I tell ya!!!!

Edited because plurals don't have apostrophes.

They probably made Joseph write the post to take his mind off the fact that he should have been having sex in his own house by now.

Good to see them interacting with people outside of the family. Maybe if they keep doing stuff like that some handsome young cop will meet Sarah and decide to try courting her. :D

Not sure if that is going to happen to Sarah but one can hope, I know I sure do, if she ends up w/ a cop from their area she can still be close by.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking here, but could they not have taken the cookies to the police station themselves rather than making the cops come pick them up? Or is that too secular/heathen of a place?

Jeezopeezo, all that to-do over a rather small basket of cookies?

And yes, the byzantine level of planning on how to get the .... pound? .... of cookies to the station seems really over-thought-out, but who am I to say?

Does anybody else see the crazy-eye in one or more of the children [sic] pictured? :( Sadz.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking here, but could they not have taken the cookies to the police station themselves rather than making the cops come pick them up? Or is that too secular/heathen of a place?

I don't think it's nitpicking. I thought the same thing. I would never dream of asking them to come get them. :?

But if the Maxwells had gone to the police station then Steve wouldn't have been able to control what they saw and heard. OMG!! SINNERS!! As it was, Steve probably called the dispatcher and met the officer at the door. Everything was nice and tidy and controlled.

But if the Maxwells had gone to the police station then Steve wouldn't have been able to control what they saw and heard. OMG!! SINNERS!! As it was, Steve probably called the dispatcher and met the officer at the door. Everything was nice and tidy and controlled.

Couldn't he have gone to the station alone, then? Or is he too afraid to leave his prisoners alone for five minutes, even with his henchwoman there?

Did Anna change her hair? Looks like she may have trimmed those nasty dry ends. Maybe she's trying on new hairstyles for her upcoming engagement pictures. :whistle:

I wonder if they requested that only male cops could pick up the cookies. if they went to the police station, there would be the risk of the girls seeing female police officers or other women who work at the station.

Archived