IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2012

Justme

I would love a black watch plain jumper, also pants and a kilt. My favorite plaid. My daughter's school uniform plaid was really ugly, next time I said I'd go to the uniform shop and pick out a plaid I liked, then send my kids to that school.

donaldsuniform.com/home.php The girls' uniforms on the opening page are from my daughter's school.

That's cute! My kid's is a kilt with a a black watch tie white shirt, green cardigan, green tights, green jacket, green hair ties/bands and you guessed it green schoolbag. Her gym kit is you guessed it ..green shorts. You get over the black watch addiction after 5 years of ironing the pleats in that bloody kilt. Trust me.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wear the blackwatch frumper, it would look cute turned into a mini dress & worn with a black pussybow blouse, black tights & patent black shoes. It would be REALLY defrauding though!!!!!!

My clan tartan is Loud Macleod. :(

I have some very lovely blackwatch wool fabric. Not sure what I will make with it. at one point I was thinking a cute above the knee skirt for wearing with black tights or tall boots.

Guest Anonymous
Is John Marie also in this photo? titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSC_9427.jpg. He's the guy on the far right?

And he can be spotted in the audience at the church on the far right. titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSC_9453.jpg

Yup, good spot. So did all these events take place last weekend, or is he lodging (In Joe's house) while he works locally?

We know he has been there on business before, and a random FJ member who claimed to be an insider once hinted that he was expanding his business and partnering with the Maxwells in that, in some way.

My money is still on Anna as helpmeet. And web manager. And handy diyer as evidenced by recent garage door installation.

They are certainly featuring Anna as the all round capable fundie renaissance woman. I wonder if they are doing it for the benefit of John Marie, or just trawling for any suitable fundie male?

I do think Anna will marry, it will hurt Steve's brand too much if neither her nor Sarah marry soon, and surely they would want to get her safely married before Mary comes of age. Mary is gorgeous, gorgeous enough for potential suitors to brave an interrogation by Steve even.

I thought someone said he was 23/24. Probably closer for Anna since I don't see the Maxwells being okay with an older lady/younger man relationship. Poor Sarah.

Does anyone remember a fundie couple discussed on here where the husband was only 17 and everyone felt really bad for the wife having to take orders from a headship who is legally a minor...?

Does anyone remember a fundie couple discussed on here where the husband was only 17 and everyone felt really bad for the wife having to take orders from a headship who is legally a minor...?

Aaah, Taylor Tsiantes (spelling?) who married Kelly Bradrick's sister. Not only did he marry at 17 but he had somehow managed to build them a house with his own hands before the wedding. That was a young man who wanted very badly to get laid.

It was nice to see Anna & Chris use real dishes, and not those paper things. I don't think John Marie will court/marry Sarah. She's to old for him.

I, too, thought it interesting they didn't bother to mention John Marie was visiting. I think he's there for Anna, not Sarah. And IIRC, he owns his own sprinkling or irrigation business, so it's kind of a weird time of the year to be visiting. There must be a courtship announcement coming, but Mary is too young, so it's gotta be Anna. She's really been showcased in the past year or so.

And I agree with a previous poster, that wallpaper in Christopher and NR-Anna's kitchen is hideous. Makes my head spin.

But, back to the photo of everyone around the table where John Marie appears. NR-Anna actually has her arms around Christopher's waist, which is a rather non-Maxhellian public display of affection, isn't it? It just seems a little "fresh" for their family.

Guest Anonymous

But, back to the photo of everyone around the table where John Marie appears. NR-Anna actually has her arms around Christopher's waist, which is a rather non-Maxhellian public display of affection, isn't it? It just seems a little "fresh" for their family.

I think they have just joined in that fundie thing, where you don't even sit next to a member of the opposite sex if you are single, but once married you put on PDAs to show everyone how blissfully happy you are. The over-cuddly Teri and Steve photo taken recently is another example.

Well, since John Marie's business is based in another part of the country, if he's marrying one of the Maxwell girls (can't call them women, since Steve keeps them from growing up), they'll have to go live in Idaho. A blissful 1400 miles away from Steve Maxhell.

I would like to know why they always take pictures of everyone sitting at the table eating? It just seems way odd to me but then we are talking about the Maxwells.

That "spread" looks a bit thin to me. In my family - our motto for celebrations is: you're not done eating when you feel full - you're done when you hate yourself. So my opinion might be a tad skewed.

Interesting that the Maxwells' decor is stuck in the late 80's, the same era they went crazy fundy.

It looks like wallpaper that every grandmother had or still has.

If strangers who were clearly counter culture left a homemade baked good on my doorstep, I wouldn't eat it.

Also, I wonder if they included an ingredients list, since so many people have food allergies these days.

Guest Anonymous
If strangers who were clearly counter culture left a homemade baked good on my doorstep, I wouldn't eat it.

Also, I wonder if they included an ingredients list, since so many people have food allergies these days.

I think a lot of people these days are icky about goods baked in unknown domestic kitchens.

I wonder if most of these families are people long-known to them though, and possibly the same families that attend Grandpa and Gigi's church, and Maxwell Family Brunches. Most of them probably already identify as Christians but just don't meet Steve's criteria for being saved. I doubt Steve would expose his family to random strangers who may have a few choice things to say about his bullshit preaching.

Unless they go farther afield, I think the Maxwells are probably well known enough that the neighbors would trust a food gift from them, even if they're perceived as being a little wacko.

Bland, beige wallpaper to match a bland, beige life. And clearly chosen by Christopher without much input from NR Anna, a woman he barely knew before they married.

Unless they go farther afield, I think the Maxwells are probably well known enough that the neighbors would trust a food gift from them, even if they're perceived as being a little wacko.

Bland, beige wallpaper to match a bland, beige life. And clearly chosen by Christopher without much input from NR Anna, a woman he barely knew before they married.

I think that wallpaper is leftover from when Steve and Teri lived in the house.

Ah, right. I forgot Chris bought their house. No wonder it looks to old-fuddy.

Ah, right. I forgot Chris bought their house. No wonder it looks to old-fuddy.

It's interesting they mentioned the Christopher was renovating the house after he first bought it but never went in to detail about what he actually did to it. Obviously he didn't strip the ugly 80's wallpaper! I imagine there wouldn't have been much for him to do since the Maxhells seems to keep their own homes up-to-date. But poor NR-Anna -- I'm sure she has absolutely no say on whether she can make changes to the house to make it more hers.

That "spread" looks a bit thin to me. In my family - our motto for celebrations is: you're not done eating when you feel full - you're done when you hate yourself. So my opinion might be a tad skewed.

They once celebrated by each eating two animal crackers, this is positively a feast for them!

Well, even if he did renovate, his only frame of decorating reference is the family home. It's not like they watch HGTV or read shelter magazines and websites. Bland and beige is all they know and falls well within approved guidelines. Maxwells would never dream of coloring outside of the lines.

Lurker here. Just logged in to say I find that picture with the Maxwells all sitting around the table very strange.

There are two empty chairs, but 3 people + one baby + whoever is taking the picture (Sarah?) standing. Where are they going to sit? And one of the empty chairs doesn't have a plate in front of it. Plus, there is this floating head (I guess one of the Maxwell brothers) in the back, who doesn't seem to have a plate either and who doesn't even reach the table.

This is all so strange.

Archived