IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

I don't really think they give Christine much consideration either way; she's the young ditzy trophy wife that ties them to the church. Not an equal partner who gets a say or has a valid opinion. (As far as they are concerned)

Robin is just an attention whore like Kody.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand that there is pressure, however, at some point you have to take some responsibility for your life and the choices you make.

Yes, but, she is going to have to break through decades of glass ceilings before she will recognize that. Her family has polygamist ties that go all the way back to the original LDS church. She is the one who grew up in this life style and may be afraid to look at other options.

Kody is not simply their "headship"; he is their priesthood holder. Fundie women may be assessed on their faith, but they can get to heaven on their own. Polygamist AUB women can get to heaven only through the intercession of their priesthood holder. The Kodettes, as others have pointed out, have a strong incentive to stay with the priesthood holder.

They do not consider themselves to be LDS. They follow a church that split off from the LDS after the LDS church banned polygamy. Its kind of like the Protestant churches that split off from the Catholic church. They share similar beliefs but are not the same.

The AUB is the name of their specific religious group. It stands for Apostolic United Brethren.

Okay ~ so you could say (although they mightn't like it) that the AUB is an LDS split-off or splinter group in a way?

Okay ~ so you could say (although they mightn't like it) that the AUB is an LDS split-off or splinter group in a way?

Yes, the same way that the FLDS is. Each sect considers themselves to be the "one true church", and that the LDS church is no longer in God's favor because they left behind The Principal so Utah could become a part of the US.

Did they say this somewhere? I can only see Kody being very outgoing and loving the spotlight. Meri lost her job because of it, Janelle was doing fine without TLC, Christine didn't want it. Robyn loves it, but was she there before TLC? I percieved it as Kody putting his manly vain foot down and his three women accepting his autority.

Season 2, Episode 1 is where Christine said she wasn't sure about going public. It was a "hindsight" interview after their Today Show appearance. Meri's job loss was later, so maybe she would answer differently if asked today.

Another thought about Christine: She may not have wanted to go public because she has the most to lose if the family gets broken up. The other three wives have job experience and could support their own households if need be. Christine's been a SAHM the whole time. She's not a legal wife; she'd only be collecting child support and not alimony.

WARNING on this weeks episode. It's about putting the dog down.

Fuck them. You don't put a dog down because it's 12 and making in the house. You put it down when it's sick and in pain. That poor dog was still clearly happy, wagging its tail...

Anyone else see the preview for the expected spin off "my 3 wives" for Tuesday at 10? Shocker... We saw that coming.

Okay, I watched 5 mins of this and couldn't take the BS anymore....someone will have to fill me in. This is so bogus - a bunch of broke people with bad credit sitting around arguing over french doors and granite counter tops. BS they make money on what - jewelry and diet supplements? They're living in a depressed real estate market where they, if they were really living their "lifestyle" (meaning religious marriages), could have purchased a fourplex of fiveplex (put the almost-adult kids on their own floor) OR built ONE custom house (with 3 to 4 kitchens but large sitting/entertainment rooms)....

Janelle looked so over it in the bit after they were going through their choices/upgrades with the developer's rep.

I'm surprised at the commentary re Christine not wanting to go public - she'd been in the media prior to the show fighting for plural marriage.

Okay, I watched 5 mins of this and couldn't take the BS anymore....someone will have to fill me in. This is so bogus - a bunch of broke people with bad credit sitting around arguing over french doors and granite counter tops. BS they make money on what - jewelry and diet supplements? They're living in a depressed real estate market where they, if they were really living their "lifestyle" (meaning religious marriages), could have purchased a fourplex of fiveplex (put the almost-adult kids on their own floor) OR built ONE custom house (with 3 to 4 kitchens but large sitting/entertainment rooms)....

Janelle looked so over it in the bit after they were going through their choices/upgrades with the developer's rep.

I'm surprised at the commentary re Christine not wanting to go public - she'd been in the media prior to the show fighting for plural marriage.

Meri's sense of entitlement about this house thing is really stunning.

WARNING on this weeks episode. It's about putting the dog down.

Fuck them. You don't put a dog down because it's 12 and making in the house. You put it down when it's sick and in pain. That poor dog was still clearly happy, wagging its tail...

Anyone else see the preview for the expected spin off "my 3 wives" for Tuesday at 10? Shocker... We saw that coming.

You also don't make crying children pose for pictures with the dog you're putting down

Meri's sense of entitlement about this house thing is really stunning.

No fucking kidding. I am guessing that they are limited by the developer (you can only get X upgrade with so many bedrooms etc) but come one - again, they could have bought land in that market and built a house to their own specs rather than bought 4 tract lots/homes.

Again, smacks head, 'tis fake, all fake!

You also don't make crying children pose for pictures with the dog you're putting down

They needed a vet to tell them he was in pain? Did they discuss palliative care or anything before killing it? No. It was clear that poor dog was still happy and had some time. You don't kill a dog that can still walk without atleast trying rimadyl or previcox first, but that would have required them to actually see a vet before digging a grave.

If Utah dropped the investigation why not move back to the house that worked?

As always, Kody makes it all about him. When he was digging Drake's grave, he was "crying" with no tears from his eyes. He wasn't crying over choosing to put his 12 year old dog down, he was crying over memories from Utah. I just didn't get the feeling of sincerity, but that's no surprise.

The fact that the Kodettes believe Kody to be a respectful, stand-up guy just because he left the room when the model "disrobed" shows how these women will never be exposed to a man who actually respects them all the time. Kody deserves praise for that?

Their jewelry is so unbelievably ugly and overpriced, I can't believe people actually buy it.

ETA: I guess Christine passed her real estate exam, I thought she failed again!

They needed a vet to tell them he was in pain? Did they discuss palliative care or anything before killing it? No. It was clear that poor dog was still happy and had some time. You don't kill a dog that can still walk without atleast trying rimadyl or previcox first, but that would have required them to actually see a vet before digging a grave.

If Utah dropped the investigation why not move back to the house that worked?

I know! I can understand if the dog is really hurting and treatment might be terribly expensive and possibly out of your price range. But a happy 12-year-old dog that occasionally goes in the house? TAKE HIM THE FUCK OUTSIDE MORE OFTEN!! I was bawling and yelling at the TV while petting my dog and telling him that will not be his fate...

I know! I can understand if the dog is really hurting and treatment might be terribly expensive and possibly out of your price range. But a happy 12-year-old dog that occasionally goes in the house? TAKE HIM THE FUCK OUTSIDE MORE OFTEN!! I was bawling and yelling at the TV while petting my dog and telling him that will not be his fate...

The dog probably had accidents because his hips hurt. You cure that with meds not death! My pups pills cost $130 for about 3 months worth and he's on a very high dose. I'm quite sure they could have gotten tlc to pick up the tab and give him a chance. I'm curious who that vet is and if he offers it to them and they refused.

So this epi went from choosing finishes for their new homes to putting down a dog because he was incontinent? Ugghh...other than the kids, what is the redeeming factor to this show?

My favorite part about the show is that they went into it think they could show polygamy as a functional, normal way of life. However, like every other family they are far too dysfunctional. I think the Browns behave like inlaws being forced to retreat together for a reunion, everything is a fight, past events NEVER get dropped and are always a point of contention, they bicker about everything, and there is a clear and obvious disparity between which family is better off financial which builds resentment between the adults and (especially) the children, but at the end of the day they say they love each other and make nice.

Nobody wants to live with all their inlaws 24/7 it's just not healthy.

The dog looks so my like my dear departed Clyde who lived past his 21st birthday. I think that dog had a lot of good years left.

The dog probably had accidents because his hips hurt. You cure that with meds not death! My pups pills cost $130 for about 3 months worth and he's on a very high dose. I'm quite sure they could have gotten tlc to pick up the tab and give him a chance. I'm curious who that vet is and if he offers it to them and they refused.

My dog, Willie, died when she was 12 years old. We didn't put her down the moment she turned 12. She was still happy and functioning when she was that age. We put her down when she stopped eating and drinking and could barely walk.

Note: my family didn't know about those meds that could help Willie. Even then, we probably wouldn't be able to afford it.

Still, having them put down the dog just because he's old and not because he's sad and suffering dpesn't seem good. Drake looked happy.

Also, why did they bury him in Utah? Wouldn't it have been better for them to have buried him in Vegas so the kids could see him?

Are you fucking kidding me??? I'm bawling all night because we're making that final trip to the vet tomorrow with our 12 1/2 year old german shepard/akita mix. We've been doing palliative care for about 6 months now, and he took a turn for the worse last night.

Then I turn on SW...ugh...like I needed to see that.

My husband can't be with us tomorrow. I'm sad, but we're at peace. We've wondered for awhile now, he's had good days and bad. We knew that we would "know" when it was time, and it's time. We knew last night. I spent most of the night on the floor with him petting and rubbing him. Finally, I remembered that we had benadryl in the house and we've been keeping him sleepy with that since. He's getting good rest.

We just had a check up a few weeks ago and we found out his liver is failing. It's a side effect of his pain meds, but we can't back off on the pain meds. We voted for quality over quantity of life. So tonight we snuggled the heck out of him, gave him lots of treats, and made sure we didn't regret a second of this last night with him. He's asleep now next to my husband for the night, with a couple of towels under him in case of accidents and a bowl of water close by.

Of course, Kody starts babbling about the house right away again.

I had to put down a cat a few months ago because it started marking. Granted, it was also wheezing and threw up everything it ate. It was the marking, though, that finalized the decision. He was destroying our house and cat piss has a stink like no other. It was really disgusting. The cat was 17.

Are you fucking kidding me??? I'm bawling all night because we're making that final trip to the vet tomorrow with our 12 1/2 year old german shepard/akita mix. We've been doing palliative care for about 6 months now, and he took a turn for the worse last night.

My husband can't be with us tomorrow. I'm sad, but we're at peace. We've wondered for awhile now, he's had good days and bad. We knew that we would "know" when it was time, and it's time. We knew last night. I spent most of the night on the floor with him petting and rubbing him. Finally, I remembered that we had benadryl in the house and we've been keeping him sleepy with that since. He's getting good rest.

We just had a check up a few weeks ago and we found out his liver is failing. It's a side effect of his pain meds, but we can't back off on the pain meds. We voted for quality over quantity of life. So tonight we snuggled the heck out of him, gave him lots of treats, and made sure we didn't regret a second of this last night with him. He's asleep now next to my husband for the night, with a couple of towels under him in case of accidents and a bowl of water close by.

Of course, Kody starts babbling about the house right away again.

So sorry to hear that but he will be waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Christine did come right out and say that this isn't one big family--that when she was studying for her test she was alone and no one supported her or helped out with her kids; her kids had to take care of themselves and the family is a failure, the women don't support each other and this is not the life she signed up for.

Meri took exception to the "failure" remark.

I am sorry for your loss. ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

We had to put down two of our pets last year and it was awful. They were both in a lot of pain towards the end. We were having to carry Scooter out to the bathroom because he couldn't walk.

I have only been to their jewelry website once and all the jewelry is ugly to me. It is geared to one population and that is polygamists.

Archived