IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

I didn't say that the value of $255 was the amount of what people bought, but the average DAILY revenue of $1.00 (one dollar) per day (and this is the average of 10 months of time since the site came alive - not since the "launch") is not much. That's 300-odd days x 1.00 = $300.

If you work an 8 hour shift at McDonalds, I think what you can earn in a month more than what the Browns have earn so far through their web-site.

Why can't they try to make some homemade recycled stuff? People will likely buy things that are homemade and recycled because those kinds of things are "hip" than jewelry that you can find for much cheaper at Wal-Mart or Menards ( yes, Menards sells jewelry too now! My sister was horrified at that ).

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you work an 8 hour shift at McDonalds, I think what you can earn in a month more than what the Browns have earn so far through their web-site.

Why can't they try to make some homemade recycled stuff? People will likely buy things that are homemade and recycled because those kinds of things are "hip" than jewelry that you can find for much cheaper at Wal-Mart or Menards ( yes, Menards sells jewelry too now! My sister was horrified at that ).

There's no way that number reflect sales of the jewelry. It would be a violation of my corporate privacy and policy to publish revenue brought in from sales of my product. Revenue numbers in a competitive business are closely guarded, and are not available via Google usage statistics.

There's no way that number reflect sales of the jewelry. It would be a violation of my corporate privacy and policy to publish revenue brought in from sales of my product. Revenue numbers in a competitive business are closely guarded, and are not available via Google usage statistics.

The only way that I'm guessing that is because when I went to a government web-site and showed the average pay a cashier gets. That's the only reason why I'm saying that you can earn more working at McDonalds than what the Browns are earning from their website.

The only way that I'm guessing that is because when I went to a government web-site and showed the average pay a cashier gets. That's the only reason why I'm saying that you can earn more working at McDonalds than what the Browns are earning from their website.

But the point is you don't know what they are earning from the jewelry sales. That number is not a reflection of the revenue or profits or anything from the jewelry.

Oh my goodness!! I finally got the mysisterwifesuglyassjewelry website to load and holy crap! That is some of the ugliest, most generic looking crap I've ever seen and the prices are outrageously high! The designs are not imaginative or attractive. WHY do they think they have an amazing product line here? Get a clue Browns! You aren't fashion designers! And the whole time I'm reading the website, I'm reading it in Robyn's baby voice for some reason. Gross.

But the point is you don't know what they are earning from the jewelry sales. That number is not a reflection of the revenue or profits or anything from the jewelry.

Alright, good point.

Still, they aren't going to earn much if they don't come up with a few good jewelry designs.

"Still, they aren't going to earn much if they don't come up with a few good jewelry designs."

And they are also going to "design" purses and accessories? I see a bunch of generic purses and scarves with ersatz claddagh symbols, and "love" and "friendship" written all over them, with maybe a few big SWs. And the "logo" that represents the four of them looks like the hands people use for cartoon characters.

They really are delusional about their business ventures--diet supplements and a fitness center when they are woefully out of shape, and jewelry, purses and accessories with no experience or education in --or eye for --design. A web business run from a site that looks like it was designed by a 13-year-old with a $60 template--fine for some things but not if you're passing yourselves off as designers.

As for reality ruining families--anyone old enough to remember "American Family." It was a PBS show in the '70s, first experiment with cinema verite on TV. The Loud family seemed to be a normal family--mom said she thought the show was going to show how nice her family was. They got creamed from day one (this was the 70s, after all, and the first episode just showed them very well off, using gadgets like an electric egg poacher--and it went downhill from there. The parents divorced, kids went to hell--the show destroyed that family.

Decades before that there were the Dionne quintuplets, back before massive multiples were common. Their loving but naive parents were encouraged to put them on display--not on TV back then, but in an actual house that the public could come and observe, like zoo animals. Didn't work out too well for them, either.

Unless you start out as total fame whores who just care about the money and are sophisticated enough to leverage it, like the Kardashians, I don't see any reality families emerging unscathed.

I would love to know if Meri realizes how bad she's coming across. When the show first started, she was my favorite. Now I can barely stand to watch it b/c of her. The wet-bar silliness was enough, but to hear her say, "I won't have a sliding glass door!!" as if she's way too good for such things was just over the top. Then did I actually hear her say that she didn't want to be seen as this person who put her dog down for her convenience or something like that?? In a time like that, her concern was with how she'd be seen?

I am SO tired of hearing her pout about how her sister wives didn't think she should have as big of a house, blah blah blah. And now she's saying she works equally. At what???

I would love to know if Meri realizes how bad she's coming across. When the show first started, she was my favorite. Now I can barely stand to watch it b/c of her. The wet-bar silliness was enough, but to hear her say, "I won't have a sliding glass door!!" as if she's way too good for such things was just over the top. Then did I actually hear her say that she didn't want to be seen as this person who put her dog down for her convenience or something like that?? In a time like that, her concern was with how she'd be seen?

I am SO tired of hearing her pout about how her sister wives didn't think she should have as big of a house, blah blah blah. And now she's saying she works equally. At what???

I doubt she has any idea when it is happening. I think much of it is editing. Especially with that wet bar issue which will not go away (argh, so sick of it), it seems that TLC used the same few clips over and over again, which I interpret as it being something that she did not mention many times, but they wanted to highlight. At first it seemed like a ridiculous request, inasmuch as they don't drink, but later on it was added that she wanted it because she entertains (I think that means she has family things at her house?), and then when I saw it I, personally, understood. I was expecting an area in another part of the house that was specifically for drinks. This was more of a kitchen extension, something I would love for entertaining. Anyway -- I'm blathering. The point is, I think she was just discussing how much she wanted it, but knows she does not need it, and it was manufactured into the "reason" that Meri was selfish, when in reality there was never a chance of any of them having a modest house, since it was not a builder option. (Personally, I think they are all selfish -- I know Janell sometimes gets points for being practical, but shaving a small percentage off the price of a half million dollar house is not exactly sacrifice; she was totally on board with the general idea of McMansions.)

Of course, I would hope that she realizes while watching it that she is coming off bad.

(FWIW, I had to laugh about the sliding door issue. We replaced our slider with French doors a few years ago [with a pre-hung one on clearance, which we installed ourselves] and I have to say that I would make that a big, big priority if I were choosing custom options; I never imagined how big an improvement this would be. I would probably come off just like Meri if someone were filming me.)

I understand why they couldn't have the wet bar without the 5th bedroom (plans were approved by the city a certain way, and certain systems cannot be altered once approved). Having a second sink in/near the kitchen would be really great in a house with a big family (not that she has one all the time, but I can see how her house is the go-to for parties because with fewer people it must stay cleaner). If I were her I would have them run the plumbing stubs for a second sink somewhere in the kitchen, get it past inspection, and then put the sink in.

Any sympathy I may start to be acquiring from defenders shrivels when I think about Meri's wardrobe on the show. Her tank top-3/4 sleeve shirt combos remind me of something Emma from Degrassi would wear with a knit hat and her dolphin pants.

I doubt she has any idea when it is happening. I think much of it is editing. Especially with that wet bar issue which will not go away (argh, so sick of it), it seems that TLC used the same few clips over and over again, which I interpret as it being something that she did not mention many times, but they wanted to highlight. At first it seemed like a ridiculous request, inasmuch as they don't drink, but later on it was added that she wanted it because she entertains (I think that means she has family things at her house?), and then when I saw it I, personally, understood. I was expecting an area in another part of the house that was specifically for drinks. This was more of a kitchen extension, something I would love for entertaining. Anyway -- I'm blathering. The point is, I think she was just discussing how much she wanted it, but knows she does not need it, and it was manufactured into the "reason" that Meri was selfish, when in reality there was never a chance of any of them having a modest house, since it was not a builder option. (Personally, I think they are all selfish -- I know Janell sometimes gets points for being practical, but shaving a small percentage off the price of a half million dollar house is not exactly sacrifice; she was totally on board with the general idea of McMansions.)

Of course, I would hope that she realizes while watching it that she is coming off bad.

(FWIW, I had to laugh about the sliding door issue. We replaced our slider with French doors a few years ago [with a pre-hung one on clearance, which we installed ourselves] and I have to say that I would make that a big, big priority if I were choosing custom options; I never imagined how big an improvement this would be. I would probably come off just like Meri if someone were filming me.)

We went in the other direction, because you don't need any clearance to open a slider. Having had both, I prefer sliders. It's just a matter of personal preference but I can't imagine making a stink over it, i.e., "I just can't LIVE without my french doors".

Any sympathy I may start to be acquiring from defenders shrivels when I think about Meri's wardrobe on the show. Her tank top-3/4 sleeve shirt combos remind me of something Emma from Degrassi would wear with a knit hat and her dolphin pants.

Yeah, it does look right out of 1993.

Though, she and Robyn both wear the long sleeves under short tops look. I think it likely is because of wearing garments.

Do fundies wear the garments that mainstream Mormons allegedly do (I say allegedly because I've never seen them for myself).

Yeah, it does look right out of 1993.

Though, she and Robyn both wear the long sleeves under short tops look. I think it likely is because of wearing garments.

So why not just wear a long sleeved shirt? I own a bunch of long sleeved and 3/4 sleeved shirts that are super cute from Target and Old Navy. I just don't get it!

Do fundies wear the garments that mainstream Mormons allegedly do (I say allegedly because I've never seen them for myself).

Pretty much every group wears them, though they are different styles.

Pretty much every group wears them, though they are different styles.

I've never been curious before. But now I kind of am... google, here I come?

None of these women have an ounce of fashion sense, IMO. Most of the people who I know who have a flair for design have a certain aesthetic or style. Besides some long-sleeved tanks under spaghetti-strap tops, what is their aesthetic? Why would anybody buy anything they designed. Butt ugly.

So why not just wear a long sleeved shirt? I own a bunch of long sleeved and 3/4 sleeved shirts that are super cute from Target and Old Navy. I just don't get it!

To hide the garment lines. They usually show through the first layer of clothing.

To hide the garment lines. They usually show through the first layer of clothing.

Still ugly. Normal people wear layers these days, but not long sleeves under tank tops...usually the other way around. They need to discover the cardigan.

Still ugly. Normal people wear layers these days, but not long sleeves under tank tops...usually the other way around. They need to discover the cardigan.

But the garment has cap sleeves, so if they wear a long sleeved shirt and a spaghetti strapped shirt, that won't hide any lines. I get that no one wants VGL, but this is just a stupid way to do it and it looks ugly!

Besides, that means that they wear 3 shirts in a hot Vegas summer?

I was just thinking the same thing, Pixy! Hmmm..maybe they have magical garments that don't show through, but they have to wear the tank tops on the outside, because if it was cardi over tank, you could see the garments? Idk there has to be a better alternative. At least they are allowed to wear pants?

I was just thinking the same thing, Pixy! Hmmm..maybe they have magical garments that don't show through, but they have to wear the tank tops on the outside, because if it was cardi over tank, you could see the garments? Idk there has to be a better alternative. At least they are allowed to wear pants?

Maybe their group wears garments that have cami tops? IDK, I just know that I would die of heat wearing a bra, garment, and 2 shirts! During the winter I usually wear a t-shirt (sleeve length depending on the temp) and a cardigan.....and the cardi goes on and off all freaking day because my body temp bounces all over the place.

Muslim women have it much worse if they wear burkas. I guess the LDS/FLDS chics can at least wear something breathable and don't have to cover their heads.

And its more fair b/c the men wear magic undies too. Its like the Orthos in my hood, the men have it pretty much as bad as the women (although I don't get the women who "choose" to wear a wig rather than a cotton snood... I'm not sure if its vanity or what). Its the Muslim ladies I want to shake, there are a few in my hood that wear full on burkas and judging from the dampness in the summer of those burkas I think they'd be suffering. But, I see their husbands in long shorts and short sleeve shirts every time... My feeling is that if you have restrictive dress codes that cause people to feel like they are melting then it should be applied to both genders one way or another.

Archived