IGNORED

God is pro-life

fundiefan

Because there is birth control and abstinence. Multiple abortions means someone is being careless.

Have you ever stopped and really talked to the person you know who is a sex worker? Talked with no judgment and found out how she ended up working as a sex worker, if she wanted to do something else with her life, and why she ended up with 5 pregnancies?

For starters she is a sex worker, abstinence isn't exactly going to work then is it? And secondly, if she only has gotten pregnant five times and she is a sex worker, then she is probably using some form of birth control. Perhaps she is careless because the life of a sex worker ususally isn't that great or perhaps she is like my cousin who concieved all her children while on birth control.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you are really illiterate and it is sad. I never said I was against abortion, I said I do have a problem with a woman having multiple abortions and I have a serious problem with men who push their wives or girlfriends to have abortions. I am not against welfare but yes am opposed to it being a lifestyle. I believe in personal responsibility because I am tired of people claiming how they need government. Not that this is anyone's business but I give and work at various organizations for the poor so I understand why they are going through and I see it. Oddly people ignored my comments about being opposed to corporations getting tax breaks and opposed to wars, interesting.

Do you have an equal problem with men who push their wives/girlfriends to continue a pregnancy when they'd rather have an abortion? I don't think you're going to find anyone here who is arguing that men should get to make reproductive choices for their partners.

I am aware of the Hyde Amendment but I also know many politicians are trying to overturn that. As for corruption at PP you bet there is. The one in Chicago endorsed a man with mental problems and a history of cheating on his wife (and his dad is also horrible and a race baiter)over a pro choice Democratic WOMAN. I stopped giving them money because of this.

I'm pretty sure she is referring to Jesse Jackson Jr. He is receiving treatment for a myriad of problems, and has a famous father. The history of cheating is all rumored of course. Anyways, I don't know why PP endorsed him over Debbie Halvorson (since the poster cited no sources, I'm assuming this is the candidate she was referring to), but I found some info on HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/jesse-jackson-jr-wins-primary_n_1364678.html

First, it is funny that pro-life people seem to know ALL these people having multiple abortions or having abortions in weird unlikely situations. Because I don't know them, and I am publicly prochoice and volunteer every week at a center for homeless teens. It just seems that this hypothetical person would be more likely to confide in someone like me than someone who is anti-choice. :think:

Second, as someone who has gotten pregnant more than five times while using the very best in contraceptive technology, it is not beyond my belief that someone can indeed get pregnant on a regular basis while on birth control. Thanks for judging though. Oh, wait, I don't get judged because I am married and all is awesome as long as I am married. :roll:

As for abstinence, I am curious about how a prostitute should go about making a living while abstaining. I am assuming that if she *could* be doing something else, she would be. Maybe someone in that situation needs our help and compassion rather than judgment and unrealistic expectations.

The bolded is what I wonder too...I know two women who have had an abortion, and these women are my friends. They didn't tell many people, maybe 3-4 people knew about each of them. They only told me because I am their close friend and openly pro choice, and in one case her boyfriend wouldn't go with her, so I did. One of the reasons they didn't tell people they know well is because why would they want to tell someone who could be anti choice? And also people don't generally broadcast their medical procedures to everyone in the world. Every anti-choice person always seems to "know" someone who's used multiple abortions as birth control, but i'm pretty sure such people don't exist. And if they did? They can make whatever choice they feel is best, and i'm perfectly fine with that because I think if people don't want children for whatever reason, they should have them. Although both my friends were happy about their decisions and don't regret a thing, it's not something you just do for fun or whatever. It's painful and it has a recovery time and although it is free in Canada, and easily accessible because we live in an urban area, for a women in other areas it's expensive and hard to access. So if women still feel abortion is the best choice for them, even though it's painful, expensive, they're going to miss work, and in certain areas they might have to travel, then no way should they be judged for that. I'd much rather someone not have a bunch of kids they don't want.

No way would such a person (if they ever existed) confide in someone so extremely judgmental. I wouldn't tell someone that judgmental that I own a strapless dress and am not skinny, let alone tell someone about a medical procedure that I know they'll judge.

This thread is an example of how every single anti-abortion argument comes down to slut-shaming, and punishing women for having too much sex or the wrong kinds of sex. Atheist or religious, every single argument comes back to hang-ups about women having sexuality. There is not a single anti-abortion person who doesn't have this at their very core, and that includes both the clinic protesters AND the pro-choicers who are just "uncomfortable" with abortion, and everyone in between. Many will say they're ok with SOME abortion as some sort of compromise, but bodily autonomy is not something I will ever comprimise one. And bodily autonomy means both the right to decided if a pregnancy continues inside your body, AND the right to decide when and how much sex to have (with consenting partners, obviously).

Also, I sex workers are human and entitled to same rights as everyone else. A woman doesn't become disposable just because she has sex that is not socially acceptable. It's still her own damn body and her own choice. I refuse to segregate women into the "good" class and the "hooker" class.

Because there is birth control and abstinence. Multiple abortions means someone is being careless.

And pregnancy is a PERFECT punishment for being careless, right? I mean, who gives a fuck about leaving a child with an allegedly careless parent? You're pro-life after all, so why should care about a baby in bad home? Once it's been born you stop caring. And punishing carelessness is much more important than carrying about an actual child, right? Why do you even care about people being careless? It's none of your business. Nobody has to prove to you why she has a right to her own body. Being allegedly careless doesn't negate a person's right to her own body.

And pregnancy is a PERFECT punishment for being careless, right? I mean, who gives a fuck about leaving a child with an allegedly careless parent? You're pro-life after all, so why should care about a baby in bad home? Once it's been born you stop caring. And punishing carelessness is much more important than carrying about an actual child, right? Why do you even care about people being careless? It's none of your business. Nobody has to prove to you why she has a right to her own body. Being allegedly careless doesn't negate a person's right to her own body.

This is why we need a like button.

Proof that you're slut shaming. So married couples are supposed to be abstinate? (I'm using married couples as an example because anyone having sex outside of marriage is wrong. :roll: ) As a mother of two children who are 13.5 months apart, I can assure you that birth control fails. (Now I have a handy-dandy, abortificant ( :roll: ) IUD that my insurance paid for with only a co-pay. Those fuckers are expensive!)

Also, you area aware of the GOP's push to defund PP, which supplies bc to many low income women?

This thread is an example of how every single anti-abortion argument comes down to slut-shaming, and punishing women for having too much sex or the wrong kinds of sex. Atheist or religious, every single argument comes back to hang-ups about women having sexuality. There is not a single anti-abortion person who doesn't have this at their very core, and that includes both the clinic protesters AND the pro-choicers who are just "uncomfortable" with abortion, and everyone in between. Many will say they're ok with SOME abortion as some sort of compromise, but bodily autonomy is not something I will ever comprimise one. And bodily autonomy means both the right to decided if a pregnancy continues inside your body, AND the right to decide when and how much sex to have (with consenting partners, obviously).

Yes yes yes, you summed that Perfectly

Never mind. I shared a story that isn't mine to share; one I swore I'd never use to make a point.

I get so damn sick of hearing that multiple abortions are some sort of moral failing. Yes, these women are out there, what point is that supposed to make? If anyone thinks that having a woman give birth to unwanted, a lot of time coerced children is a good idea, the failed moral algebra, forget moral calculus.

Is the Faith-Based Initiative program still in effect?

I think it is, because that charity and a lot of smaller ones that opened under GWB are still running strong.

All the people who complain about tax-funded abortion and social services befuddle me a bit. Social services are such a miniscule part of the budget. On the other hand, a person opposed to war can count on half or more of their income tax going to pay for it. Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately), we all give money to the government, which decides where to use it for the common good. You cannot opt out of paying for birth control anymore than you can opt out of nukes or roads or schools.

Lol she doesn't think "those people" should be having kids either. She thinks they should use birth control. Because time travel or some shit.

I'm pretty sure she is referring to Jesse Jackson Jr. He is receiving treatment for a myriad of problems, and has a famous father. The history of cheating is all rumored of course. Anyways, I don't know why PP endorsed him over Debbie Halvorson (since the poster cited no sources, I'm assuming this is the candidate she was referring to), but I found some info on HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/jesse-jackson-jr-wins-primary_n_1364678.html

A quick google shows that Jesse Jackson Jr. might have been more progressive than Debbie Halvorson. She had an anti gun control voting record, for one thing. They were both democrats and voted progressive on most things, but if she was pro-gun, I totally understand her being considered the lesser candidate. Being less conservative than you'd like them to be isn't the same thing as corruption.

This.

Oh I am a bitch because I judge this psycho? I guess in your world those at the bottom of the scale, the unwed on welfare, the prostitutes, the drug addicts and the like should all have more babies while those with education and jobs shouldn't. I disagree and if one can't afford a kid they shouldn't have one, and if they can't afford abortion there is birth control. If they can't afford that then there is abstinence.

No, you fucking idiot. We absolutely do not want them to have more babies. On the contrary, we support the unwed, on welfare (notice the comma?), prostitutes, and drug addicts if they choose to have an abortion (even if they've had one before!!!!!111!!!1!!one!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!), because they recognize that they are in no situation to have a child. And we're the illiterate ones? After that comprehension fail, you must feel like a big fucking hypocrite, huh?

We also support the wed, in a good relationship, education women who want to have abortions, too. But apparently that makes us bad people, and you, who would rather judge from afar, a sympathetic Catholic. Yup, I know which side I want to be on.

I'm pretty sure she is referring to Jesse Jackson Jr. He is receiving treatment for a myriad of problems, and has a famous father. The history of cheating is all rumored of course. Anyways, I don't know why PP endorsed him over Debbie Halvorson (since the poster cited no sources, I'm assuming this is the candidate she was referring to), but I found some info on HuffPo http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 64678.html

A quick google shows that Jesse Jackson Jr. might have been more progressive than Debbie Halvorson. She had an anti gun control voting record, for one thing. They were both democrats and voted progressive on most things, but if she was pro-gun, I totally understand her being considered the lesser candidate. Being less conservative than you'd like them to be isn't the same thing as corruption.

So what if he's anti guns and she is not? remember, we have the second amendment. They SHOULD have endorsed a woman over a man but didn't. I wonder why? oh no, I don't wonder why, it's because he's more famous.

So what if he's anti guns and she is not? remember, we have the second amendment. They SHOULD have endorsed a woman over a man but didn't. I wonder why? oh no, I don't wonder why, it's because he's more famous.

So should they have endorsed McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden too?

They should have endorsed the candidate they thought would have the best chance of winning and representing Planned Parenthood. Male or female is not the issue, because (whisper) men can support Planned Parenthood as well!

Oh wow, another light for God has shown up at FJ to make Jesus look bad.

I'm thinking Jesus would have not cared if the lady was an unclassy sex worker, he would have shown love.

No they should endorse a pro choice woman over a criminal like Jackson.

How is he a criminal ? Or are the mentally ill also not "high class" enough for you, and should be in jail?

No they should endorse a pro choice woman over a criminal like Jackson.

Hi, bitchy anti-choicer, miss me? ;)

edit: and now you're back into lurker mode. :animals-chickencatch: Might as well do some laundry while I wait for you.

How is he a criminal ? Or are the mentally ill also not "high class" enough for you, and should be in jail?

How is he a criminal? well trying to buy a senate seat is definitely criminal activity.

Archived