IGNORED

God is pro-life

fundiefan

I don't go out to the bars very often, but isn't the first fashion rule of the pub crawl to wear something dark so that when you inevitably get a drink splattered on you, it doesn't show so much?

... Maybe it's a BLACK strapless wedding dress! Quelle horreur!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13072

My major problem with this show (and the wedding dress industry in general)is how sleazy so many of these dresses are. I do not believe women should for the most part wear sleeveless, strapless dress with cleavage. Just makes me think they are going to a bar and not a wedding. I am glad many church bare these tacky dresses. Let's not forget that most women don't even look good in these unless they are thin and young (and I am neither so I am not bashing older or heavier women).

;)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I have read that thread. My comment was meant to be silly and emphasize how few women (in my experience) would wear a white gown to a bar, while also invoking the OMG black dress at a wedding panic.

I'm a little puzzled as to why I had the link directed to me, I guess.

I have read that thread. My comment was meant to be silly and emphasize how few women (in my experience) would wear a white gown to a bar, while also invoking the OMG black dress at a wedding panic.

I'm a little puzzled as to why I had the link directed to me, I guess.

Oh sorry! I thought you missed the thread, at least that's what it sounded like. My apologies.

Guest Anonymous

Oh sorry! I thought you missed the thread, at least that's what it sounded like. My apologies.

Communicating more clearly! I will work on it. :)

I used to be pro-life. I was kinda pro-choice, like I thought (like some posters here apparently do) that I could tell the difference between a moral abortion and an immoral one.

All I can say is: research what those pro-life assholes tell you. They are lying to you and deceiving you. They are lying because the truth is not on their side. They want to convince you that an acorn is a tree. That trees should be chopped down so that acorns can have a chance to grow. We all know on some level that this is not true, even the most pro-life among us. An acorn is not a tree and a fetus is not a baby. But a woman is a human being, and her right to bloom and grow is what matters. Even if that means the acorn/fetus never gets a chance. It is not a tree, it was never a tree, and it will never be a tree.

Let women decide how to handle their health decisions. Don't judge, just help and support. It is very freeing to realize that you don't have to be the morality police. You can just care about real live people and focus on the real issues.

In Pixie's defense she did go from IFB to Catholic, neither of which are going to be truthful about PP. I used to believe all these things about PP too. After leaving religion I googled one day and found out that the whole "PP was started to kill black babies" line was just a lie. Churches lie for Jesus all the time.

In Pixie's defense she did go from IFB to Catholic, neither of which are going to be truthful about PP. I used to believe all these things about PP too. After leaving religion I googled one day and found out that the whole "PP was started to kill black babies" line was just a lie. Churches lie for Jesus all the time.

Meh. It takes two seconds to do a search and see if what you've been told is a lie (especially as she probably had to google to find those quotes in the first place) Pixie's intellectually lazy at best and religion is not an excuse to spread lies.

To be fair to Pixie, it's surprisingly easy for far-fetching ideas to fly under your bullshit radar if you've believed them all your life. Take the [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_map]tongue map[/link] myth, for example. It's been solidly debunked for years now, but my elementary school science textbooks still contained it (how I don't know, perhaps a decades-long string of absent-minded editors let it through). It was taught in school, so why would it be wrong? I never stopped to think "Hey, this can't be true - when I eat, I taste everything all over my tongue," until it was pointed out to me as an adult.

To be fair to Pixie, it's surprisingly easy for far-fetching ideas to fly under your bullshit radar if you've believed them all your life.

Yes, absolutely.

Take the [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_map]tongue map[/link] myth, for example. It's been solidly debunked for years now, but my elementary school science textbooks still contained it (how I don't know, perhaps a decades-long string of absent-minded editors let it through). It was taught in school, so why would it be wrong? I never stopped to think "Hey, this can't be true - when I eat, I taste everything all over my tongue," until it was pointed out to me as an adult.

I always thought the tongue map idea was to show the parts of the tongue that were more sensitive to those tastes. I guess it was my way of making sense of the map because I knew that I could taste all flavours everywhere.

That tongue map is still in my children's science books.

Totally had no idea the tongue map was wrong! I wonder what else I learned in school that was wrong... :eusa-think: Although I do remember being told that the Christians were allowed to write an essay on why we believed in Creationism instead of doing some assignment on evolution, in a public school. :shock: So really, probably a lot.

Totally had no idea the tongue map was wrong! I wonder what else I learned in school that was wrong... :eusa-think: Although I do remember being told that the Christians were allowed to write an essay on why we believed in Creationism instead of doing some assignment on evolution, in a public school. :shock: So really, probably a lot.

Mindblown. I feel lied to.

Archived