IGNORED

God is pro-life

fundiefan

When they go on welfare then I am paying for their choice. I stated previously I don't care that they have abortions but do find multiple ones disturbing. However, some people want to allow taxpayers to pay for abortions and that I have an issue with because not everyone supports abortions.

I pay for abstinence-only "education," and I don't support that. I paid for Rep. Mike Pence's salary, and I don't support that douche. I paid for the Iraq War, and more than half of the country didn't support that shit.

Taxes pay for things that not 100% of citizens support. It's part of doing your civic duty. Don't want to help with welfare? Don't earn money, so then it won't be taxed.

You should also be aware that it is nearly impossible for a single adult with no disabilities to get welfare. But throw in a few kids that could have been aborted? Now there are multiple forms of government assistance available to make sure those kids don't starve or die in the streets.

Logic, how does it work?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I am a bitch because I judge this psycho? I guess in your world those at the bottom of the scale, the unwed on welfare, the prostitutes, the drug addicts and the like should all have more babies while those with education and jobs shouldn't. I disagree and if one can't afford a kid they shouldn't have one, and if they can't afford abortion there is birth control. If they can't afford that then there is abstinence.

Didn't you start out this thread by claiming that good catholics like yourself are champions of social justice? If this is how you view those who most need your help, I can understand why people get the wrong impression about the catholic church :?

I'm not here to engage in a pro-life/pro-choice debate - primarily because I think your prior reasoning is ridiculous and uninformed.

However, I will say that I was completely turned off by an anti-abortion protest I saw the other day. It seemed to be a youth group who had gathered to protest (primarily teens, but some younger children as well) who were dancing around singing.... (to the tune of We're off to See the Wizard)

"We're off to save the babies, the wonderful babies of God....to save, to save, to save, to save, to Saaaaavvve, the wonderful wonderful babies of God."

a. This song was completely annoying and only wanted to make me (someone who is pro-life) to tell them to shut up and go away.

b. They were protesting in front of a inner-city community clinic I volunteer for - a Christian organization that neither promotes nor performs abortions. If you're going to protest get your facts straight.

That is disgusting. I do not think children should be part of rallies like that.

I live in a small-ish area. One Planned Parenthood. People are always protesting outside on the sidewalk. I recently learned that the abortions are actually not performed there, but at another facility downtown.

I can pick a woman apart for a million reasons, but having an abortion isn't one of them.

Didn't you start out this thread by claiming that good catholics like yourself are champions of social justice? If this is how you view those who most need your help, I can understand why people get the wrong impression about the catholic church

No, social justice is clearly intended only for the worthy who are appropriately grateful for that largesse. At least in this persons view of Catholicism.

I would like to point out an article that says that over 50% of all fertilized eggs are naturally aborted by the body within 11 days of fertilization. That number jumps to 80% by the 12th day.

Fertilized eggs attach themselves to the lining of the womb six to 12 days after ovulation, the research shows. In most successful pregnancies, that implantation -- the real start of pregnancy -- occurs on day eight, nine or 10 following ovulation. Day eight appears to be the most successful.

The later the attachment takes place, the more likely a pregnancy will end on its own, the scientists found.

Conceivably -- no pun intended – as a natural protective mechanism, the uterus tends to reject fertilized eggs that take too long to adhere to the lining because they may be less fit, the researchers say. On day 11, more than 50 percent of pregnancies fail and on day 12, that number jumps to over 80 percent.

http://www.unc.edu/news/archives/jun99/wilcox2.htm

Oh I am a bitch because I judge this psycho? I guess in your world those at the bottom of the scale, the unwed on welfare, the prostitutes, the drug addicts and the like should all have more babies while those with education and jobs shouldn't. I disagree and if one can't afford a kid they shouldn't have one, and if they can't afford abortion there is birth control. If they can't afford that then there is abstinence.

I imagine you are a bitch for many reasons, between this thread and the SYTTD one, you have given me plenty of material to work with but the fact that you have announced this woman's "sins" here and then passed judgment on her is topping the list for me right now.

And if you're lifting yourself up as an example of an educated, employed person then yes I would much prefer the unwed, welfare mom on drugs (supplied by her pimp or johns of course) reproducing over the alternative.

I imagine you are a bitch for many reasons, between this thread and the SYTTD one, you have given me plenty of material to work with but the fact that you have announced this woman's "sins" here and then passed judgment on her is topping the list for me right now.

And if you're lifting yourself up as an example of an educated, employed person then yes I would much prefer the unwed, welfare mom on drugs (supplied by her pimp or johns of course) reproducing over the alternative.

QFT

How classy is it for this asshat to come on a public forum and start spilling someone else's private medical information all over the place? Yeah, yeah, you haven't used her name, but, seriously, do you think this was something Jackie Kennedy would've done? Before you start throwing around terms like "high class," perhaps you should stop, think and ponder WWJD - what would Jackie do? It's helped me quite a few times behave with grace and dignity, something you've not yet exhibited here. Since obviously you don't wish to emulate Jesus, I thought maybe Jackie would be more up your alley, you know, with you being high class and educated and whatnot.

So instead of showing compassion and understanding cat,dog, and bird woman just looks at this lady with disgust.

So instead of showing compassion and understanding cat,dog, and bird woman just looks at this lady with disgust.

'Cause that's totally would Jesus would do, doncha know? :roll: /sarcasm

If she's a classy Christian then I've never been more proud to be a tacky atheist.

If she's a classy Christian then I've never been more proud to be a tacky, atheist.

Translation for fundies: judgemental Christians who hide behind manners.

First, it is funny that pro-life people seem to know ALL these people having multiple abortions or having abortions in weird unlikely situations. Because I don't know them, and I am publicly prochoice and volunteer every week at a center for homeless teens. It just seems that this hypothetical person would be more likely to confide in someone like me than someone who is anti-choice. :think:

Second, as someone who has gotten pregnant more than five times while using the very best in contraceptive technology, it is not beyond my belief that someone can indeed get pregnant on a regular basis while on birth control. Thanks for judging though. Oh, wait, I don't get judged because I am married and all is awesome as long as I am married. :roll:

As for abstinence, I am curious about how a prostitute should go about making a living while abstaining. I am assuming that if she *could* be doing something else, she would be. Maybe someone in that situation needs our help and compassion rather than judgment and unrealistic expectations.

I don't support PP anymore after finding out they are corrupt so I have given money to other abortion organizations.

PP is corrupt? Let’s see your sources. Don't be shy, now.

They are good people and don't put them in the same category as those who protest at clinics and want to cut funding.

Wait, you think taxpayers shouldn’t fund abortions, but you’re against people who want to cut abortion funding? Unless I’m missing something, when you cut something’s funding, you’re stopping taxpayer money from going to it.

One abortion, I get it, accidents happen. maybe two even, but 5? come on now, that is being careless. Women like this should be using birth control and the one I knew who wasn't was a complete psycho (she was also a hooker too btw).

So because the 1 person you know who’s had multiple abortions you deem a sociopath, everyone else who’s had multiple abortions must be sociopath, too? That doesn’t make sense, you can’t generalize one anecdote to a large group of people.

Why is it any of your business if they’re being careless? It’s their body, and if you’re American you’re not even paying for it.

And I’m not buying this story about your friend. She was a sex worker who didn’t use birth control, and she ONLY had 5 unwanted pregnancies the whole time? The numbers don’t add up. Either there’s something wrong with her reproductive system, or she was using birth control a fair bit.

I have a question for you, since you think having had more than 2 unplanned pregnancies that result in abortion is a) any of your business and b) vile: Would you feel the same way about a ("productive", middle-class) couple whose 3 kids were all “accidents� It happens, and not just in anti-contraception households.

My point was someone having 5 abortions is not exactly high class. Btw I would never date a man who caused any girlfriend to get an abortion so yes for me it's across the board. I don't care they had abortions, I just think this is disturbing.

Why isn’t it high class? How do you define high class, and why should it even matter what someone’s class is?

Why is one abortion ok, but 3 disturbing? Does each fetus have a 3rd of a soul and if you destroy 2 it doesn’t matter, but suddenly you reach 3 and you’ve committed murder?

When they have MULTIPLE abortions yes I find it disturbing because they are making a decision very callously. They need to use birth control or be abstinent.

Why is it callous? Why is 3+ the magic number that makes you callous? Were the 1st two fetuses less special than the 3rd?

You still haven’t explained why she’s a psycho.

And none of this comment makes sense. Sex workers HAVE jobs by definition. Sex workers often have educations. Drug addicts can have jobs and educations. People on welfare can have educations. You're not very familiar with North-American society if you think people with educations, and sex-workers, folks on welfare, and drug addicts are mutually exclusive groups. Having a child has a very good chance of rendering a woman jobless, thus putting her in the group of people you don't think should have children. VaSportsMom pointed out that judging other people’s class, reproductive choices, and sexual choices makes you judgemental. That in no way indicates how many children she thinks people of different socioeconomical strata should have. What’s wrong with being unwed? Why are the unmarried a particularly bad kind of person on welfare? I'm unmarried - would you judge me if I had a child? There’s no such thing as time travel, so telling someone who needs an abortion that they should use birth control is utterly useless, and the chance that they WERE using birth control when they got pregnant is roughly 50% anyway.

tl;dr Were you drunk when you typed that comment, or are you just really naïve about how birth control and life in general work? BTW you're horribly classist. I hope life turns around and teaches you a lesson, but if you're as privileged as you seem to be, chances are good that it won't.

I stated previously I don't care that they have abortions but do find multiple ones disturbing.

You contradicted yourself there. If you find it disturbing, it’s because you care. If you judge a specific woman for having 5 abortions, it’s because you care (why do you care, by the way? You didn’t pay for them). Furthermore, if you’re telling us all about how disturbing you find it, it’s also because you care.

I don't support PP anymore after finding out they are corrupt

Steven Anderson and his minions are quite corrupt, I agree -- oh, did you not mean the Pissing Preacher?

Never mind.

You know, I am going to come out as a pro choice woman who actually does know another woman who had 4 abortions. Getting to know her actually solidified my pro choice position. She came from an abusive home, had listened to her mother being raped by her father repeatedly growing up, and got thrown out of her home at seventeen. She had been isolated, knew nothing about birth control, and then started a relationship with a man twice her age. This lasted ten years. She was still among the lucky. Some women (Catholics actually) chose not to judge her, and gave her safe spaces to discuss her feelings. They did their best to educate her slowly and helped her find mental health services. There were many starts, many stops, and much backsliding.

Today she is a sucessful businesswoman and mother to one. She was able to help two of her siblings escape. She is outwardly extremely "classy" and you certainly would never guess her pain or trauma by interacting with her at the PTA. She volunteers with teen girls who are not "classy" as well, because she understands that she was lucky, and she wants to pay that forward. So screw everyone who thinks the number of abortions is a sign of anything except accidents in biology or a woman who has been denied basic education and choices. Screw. Them. All.

So screw everyone who thinks the number of abortions is a sign of anything except accidents in biology or a woman who has been denied basic education and choices. Screw. Them. All.

:happy-wavemulticolor:

Also, birth control sabotage.

So... you don't want people to have abortions. And you don't want people to get welfare if they have the kids you don't want them to abort. I'm guessing you're probably also against free contraceptives for poor people...

Why do you hate sex and poor people so much?

I didn't say I didn't want people to get abortions, I said I don't want to pay for them with tax dollars. I also said I do give money to pro choice organizations so I'm not sure why people keep thinking I am saying not to have abortions.

I didn't say I didn't want people to get abortions, I said I don't want to pay for them with tax dollars. I also said I do give money to pro choice organizations so I'm not sure why people keep thinking I am saying not to have abortions.

Aren't you repetitive, dearie. We still have to pay taxes for your disgusting abstinance program and useless wars, yet there's nothing we can do about that.

Damn and I'm not done watching Florent.

What type of show is that? Or is it a movie? * only really watches the History Channel if there's something good on when it comes to T.V. :oops: OT: I really wanna get into Boardwalk Empire, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural. *

Some of you are really illiterate and it is sad. I never said I was against abortion, I said I do have a problem with a woman having multiple abortions and I have a serious problem with men who push their wives or girlfriends to have abortions. I am not against welfare but yes am opposed to it being a lifestyle. I believe in personal responsibility because I am tired of people claiming how they need government. Not that this is anyone's business but I give and work at various organizations for the poor so I understand why they are going through and I see it. Oddly people ignored my comments about being opposed to corporations getting tax breaks and opposed to wars, interesting.

Maybe because you're judging women for having multiple abortions when there's no moral or practical difference between any abortion- whether it's the woman's 1st, 3rd, or 10th. And you said you're never be with a man who caused a woman to have an abortion. And because you refuse to admit you're not paying for anyone's abortions (and the whole "but some people want me to!" excuse doesn't fly. A lot of 5 year old girls want free ponies but I don't see you whining about how you don't want to pay for those)

What type of show is that? Or is it a movie? * only really watches the History Channel if there's something good on when it comes to T.V. :oops: OT: I really wanna get into Boardwalk Empire, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural. *

It's a documentary about a rest. in NYC that was part art scene, HIV activistism and great food. Florent the owner would take out full page ads in the NY times supporting a woman's right to choose on the anniversary of Roe v Wade.

eta additions

Archived