IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

I also have 2 chicken breasts thawing. I was planning to make Cobb salad. But if neither kid is home tonight, I think I'm going to switch that with the artichoke/asiago ravioli in the freezer. There's only enough for 2.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight will be loaded baked potato soup. I don't normally eat much meat, but I fix real bacon to put on top of this soup.

Looking out my window I think it's a soup/stew night. I recommend chicken noodle soup or white chicken chili. (Hope one of those works for the super-picky kids!)

My kids won't eat soup. They're insane. I wound up giving them veggies, fruit, and cheese, because I didn't feel like fighting with them. I'll use the chicken to make curry for myself tomorrow.

My kids won't eat soup. They're insane. I wound up giving them veggies, fruit, and cheese, because I didn't feel like fighting with them. I'll use the chicken to make curry for myself tomorrow.

Well, there is always Generation Starvation's two-chicken breast blended mess over rice (feeds 11). :mrgreen:

On a repentant note for offering that up: You could always stuff the chicken with Gorgonzola cheese, wrap it in pancetta and bake it. I can't find the original recipe, so here's mine, which is altered and terribly bad for anyone's health.

2 chicken breasts

2 slices of Gorgonzola (as thick or slim as you want them. But this is a ridiculously rich recipe anyway, so push out the boat)

pancetta

Cut pockets into chicken breasts, stuff with Gorgonzola. Wrap pancetta around tightly and all the way, to keep cheese from lurking out. Bake for 20 min at 200°C, or until chicken is done.

It's all sorts of wrong, but the deepest, darkest corner of my heart loves it. And I do it once a year, because it's all sorts of wrong. :)

I just drooled on my keyboard while reading that. That sounds delicious. *note to self: Buy Gorgonzola and pancetta today.*

Well, there is always Generation Starvation's two-chicken breast blended mess over rice (feeds 11). :mrgreen:

On a repentant note for offering that up: You could always stuff the chicken with Gorgonzola cheese, wrap it in pancetta and bake it. I can't find the original recipe, so here's mine, which is altered and terribly bad for anyone's health.

2 chicken breasts

2 slices of Gorgonzola (as thick or slim as you want them. But this is a ridiculously rich recipe anyway, so push out the boat)

pancetta

Cut pockets into chicken breasts, stuff with Gorgonzola. Wrap pancetta around tightly and all the way, to keep cheese from lurking out. Bake for 20 min at 200°C, or until chicken is done.

It's all sorts of wrong, but the deepest, darkest corner of my heart loves it. And I do it once a year, because it's all sorts of wrong. :)

DROOL!

Sounds like my mascarpone and roquefort cheese melted over steak. Seriously unhealthy, but good ;)

I can top that for delicious/unhealthy, although mine is a dessert.

Mascarpone and Nutella in a pastry. I originally saw it in a Stromboli crust, but when I made it I used puff pastry. I think it would be fairly epic in a crepe as well.

DROOL!

Sounds like my mascarpone and roquefort cheese melted over steak. Seriously unhealthy, but good ;)

Must resist... I'm totally doing that for supper. :lol:

I always thought mascarpone was a dessert thing. I didn't realize it could be used in savory dishes.

I went in for a root canal today but wound up having to have the tooth pulled instead, since the tooth cracked vertically while the dentist was working on it. I think I'm on an applesauce diet for the next few days because, ouch.

The cupboard was bare - so, I jazzed up a packaged cream of broccoli soup with some real broccoli, a bit of bacon and some cheddar. .Had it with toast and it wasn't bad. Shopping day tomorrow.

French toast w/homemade maple syrup, bacon and orange juice

I always thought mascarpone was a dessert thing. I didn't realize it could be used in savory dishes.

I went in for a root canal today but wound up having to have the tooth pulled instead, since the tooth cracked vertically while the dentist was working on it. I think I'm on an applesauce diet for the next few days because, ouch.

I think I made tiramisu once. But no I mainly use it in savoury. Especially with pasta. Added to a good tomato sauce it is yummylicious. Spinach mascarpone and tagliatelle is a fast food I make. With parmesan obviously. I honestly could not live without my Reggiano.

I use it sparingly mind. I once made a recipe that required a kilo of mascarpone. Can't remember it now but I do recall just the mascarpone alone was over 1000 calories :lol: I remember saying to my partner. ENJOY ..that's the last time you eat that for a while :lol:

Tonight I'm going to attempt to make Leek Fritters with Lemon-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce from the Smitten Kitchen. We'll see how it goes.

Edited to add: Woooo! I'm finally a Frumper Lover.

Waiting for my chicken to marinate in smoked paprika, paprika, damn hot paprika, fresh chopped garlic, olive oil, garam masala, ground coriander, fresh ground pepper and yogurt. Will serve it in pita with yougurt, homemade chilli sauce some roasted peppers and onion and a cucumber,tomato, spring onion and lettuce salad.

In other words yet again a homemade Kebab shop kebab :lol:

Tonight I'm going to attempt to make Leek Fritters with Lemon-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce from the Smitten Kitchen. We'll see how it goes.

Edited to add: Woooo! I'm finally a Frumper Lover.

I'm so fond of SK's website (and cookbook).

I'm making two vegetable dishes out of Naomi Duguid's Burmese cookbook tonight-- new potatoes with sorrel and spiced shallot oil, and a leguminous dish flavored with galangal.

We were on the road last night and ended up at Wendy's. I can't remember the last time I had a fast food burger.

Making a double batch of cardoon soup and will freeze half. The Partner is going to be at a conference for the first half of the week, so this is the time to do complicated or recreational cooking.

I can't wait til my youngest two get a little more adventurous with their eating. I'm tired of basic food. The weekends they're at their dad's, I try to make something that *I* like, just so I can have it for leftovers during the week.

Roast beef, potato dauphinoise, runner beans and roast leek. SUNDAY!

Archived