IGNORED

US Ambassador to Libya killed by Angry Mob

Swamptribe

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
It's called blowback.

The U.S/NATO helped create a Sharia state there. Now they are getting what they called for.

Are you even interested in fundies? How did you find Free Jinger? All you've done so far is make incredibly ignorant bullshit posts about politics in general.

The U.S. did not "call for" having our state officials murdered, so go fuck yourself.

Guest Anonymous
Please don't play with the trolls, it just encourages them. We need a moderator to come in and clean them out.

That's not really the way FJ operates. Unless they break the ToU they are free to crazy-ramble as they please unless they step over into spam territory.

That's not really the way FJ operates. Unless they break the ToU they are free to crazy-ramble as they please unless they step over into spam territory.

Exactly. We're also not into telling other posters what they can or can't do, and it doesn't go over well when you try. We moderate ourselves just fine.

Guest Anonymous

Are you even interested in fundies? How did you find Free Jinger? All you've done so far is make incredibly ignorant bullshit posts about politics in general.

The U.S. did not "call for" having our state officials murdered, so go fuck yourself.

Actually it kinda did when it let terrorist take control of Libya.

Guest Anonymous
Katiehonkers,

Are you even interested in fundies? How did you find Free Jinger? Why don't you answer questions?

Yes.

I was watching the duggar show on tlc and then I google josh duggar is a asshole then this site popped up.

They didn't seem important :/

I'm going to get my second round of shellac nails done this weekend! Totally thinking of copying Michelle Obama's pretty "greige" color she rocked at the DNC, but I wonder if it'll look ok with my super-pale pinkish skin tone. Thoughts?

Guest Anonymous
They didn't seem important :/

If you're not interested in interacting with other people, perhaps a forum is the wrong venue for you. Maybe you could get a nice journal.

I'm going to get my second round of shellac nails done this weekend! Totally thinking of copying Michelle Obama's pretty "greige" color she rocked at the DNC, but I wonder if it'll look ok with my super-pale pinkish skin tone. Thoughts?

I didn't see it. I have gun-metal grey on my super pale pink skin though and it's delightful.

Please don't play with the trolls, it just encourages them. We need a moderator to come in and clean them out.

That's not how it works. FJ was founded on the idea that it would not have TWoP-style moderation. That is something that has been important to the membership here since the board was founded. Every time there has been a change at the admin or moderator level, the #1 fear always has been, "Will this lead to stricter moderation?" Each time, Alecto and the other admins have assured everyone that FJ will remain a place for free speech. That is something that I think all of the moderators and admins keep in mind every time an issue like this comes up.

I don't like what katiehonkers is saying, but she has a right to say it here, until she violates the TOU. If Swamptribe or any other member doesn't like it, then I suggest putting her on your ignore list.

I'll put this out here - we don't ban folks just for being trolls. Now, some troll behaviors seem to overlap (trollish comments AND sockpuppets) and we will ban someone, but for the most part, free speech reigns here. Hell, one of the reasons we put up with the occasional server glitches from dreamhost is because they are 100% behind free speech, and won't just delete us because someone kicks up a fuss like other hosting companies.

Hi, long time lurker, originally made this account back in May to complain about the silliness of my state in dealing with Amendment 1, but got distracted by grad school before my account got approved.

I found this link about the movie that inspired the protests that ended with the US Ambassador's death.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... n=20120903

(btw love npr for finding good news stories.)

This is like what happened when someone drew a picture of Mohammed as a dog. Not surprised that people reacted badly to the Anti-Islam movie.

It's sad that the US Ambassador and other American officials got killed. Did anyone get killed during those mobs over the Mohammed dog picture?

This is like what happened when someone drew a picture of Mohammed as a dog. Not surprised that people reacted badly to the Anti-Islam movie.

It's sad that the US Ambassador and other American officials got killed. Did anyone get killed during those mobs over the Mohammed dog picture?

I think this is a real connundrum for free speech.

You would think that in America you should have the right to mock a religious leader, as you please. But in this case, it is kind of like yelling "fire" in a theater.

I think this is a real connundrum for free speech.

You would think that in America you should have the right to mock a religious leader, as you please. But in this case, it is kind of like yelling "fire" in a theater.

I think it goes without saying that it is wrong to randomly kill an uninvolved person because you don't like something that *someone else* said. The person who made the film is claiming to be Israeli, I believe. No connection to the American embassy whatsoever.

Archived