IGNORED

Brandy's back!

Sola

She didn't want a baby, God GAVE her the baby! :roll: Isn't that how Quiverfull works? You just lay back and let God decide that it's baby time?

That may be how it's supposed to work, but Brandy was adamant that she wanted another baby (that she couldn't afford)

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this thread to say that Brandy is apparently planning to blog (again). Nothing on her page yet, and I've had intermittent trouble viewing it--maybe she's changed her mind already? Shutting down her blog less an hour after announcing it is a little quick even for her.

thebrandycormier.wordpress.com

Bumping this thread to say that Brandy is apparently planning to blog (again). Nothing on her page yet, and I've had intermittent trouble viewing it--maybe she's changed her mind already? Shutting down her blog less an hour after announcing it is a little quick even for her.

thebrandycormier.wordpress.com

Yes! I've been waiting for her to resurface.

Wow what a story... They really went to the deep end... I hope everything is going to be fine for them now... Glad they changed their mind about "government help"...

I hope the girls are fine and that the next step will be going to school :)

There's a post now. I wasn't a member during her heyday, but she seems.... sane!

If by 'sane' you mean flip flopping between head covering fundamentalist, faux Jew, hippy, dreadlocks, TEOTWAWKI, blowing all their money on wheat berries, piercing equipment, living in a tent/shelter/motel/with family they alienate immediately because of poor decisions, married to a Vogon poet, then yes of course they are sane!

If by 'sane' you mean flip flopping between head covering fundamentalist, faux Jew, hippy, dreadlocks, TEOTWAWKI, blowing all their money on wheat berries, piercing equipment, living in a tent/shelter/motel/with family they alienate immediately because of poor decisions, married to a Vogon poet, then yes of course they are sane!

Can you imagine what those poor girls are thinking? The oldest particularly is old enough to realize that this kind of transient lifestyle and ever changing identities is not "normal". They wake up never knowing where they will live or even who their parents will be and what kind of lifestyle they will live. Motels, campgrounds, peoples' houses, homeless shelters, this state, now that state. Today mom's a strict, fundamentalist Christian, today she's a hippie with dread locks that says "fuck". Today we are living with grandparents and aunts, today we are never talking to any of them again.

Unbelievable. They need to get their fucking acts together.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Hey guys, I read a lot of post. I don't really post a lot myself but really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. I'm still new and get lost sometimes when people mention reading so and so blogs. I have found a few on my own, but is there a thread dedicated to a list of all these snark worthy blogs I would love to read some first hand. Thanks.

Hey guys, I read a lot of post. I don't really post a lot myself but really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. I'm still new and get lost sometimes when people mention reading so and so blogs. I have found a few on my own, but is there a thread dedicated to a list of all these snark worthy blogs I would love to read some first hand. Thanks.

Welcome! :)

There used to be a thread like that pinned, but I am not seeing it now :think: I am sure it's here somewhere though. Maybe one of the mods will know.

Brandy is (in)famous for starting and deleting blogs as often as I change my socks. There may be vestiges of some of the old ones out there in cyberspace, but she usually does a pretty thorough job of scrubbing all the content. Maybe some FJer's have come across links that still work? Is there some brave soul who wants to summarize her various iterations?

Her latest blog just went up yesterday (thebrandycormier.wordpress.com/). She refers to some of the backstory in the initial post. Knowing her, however, there's no telling how long it will be before this blog gets deleted as well.

If you check the board index for SOTDRT, there are some excellent summaries about some of the more notorious fundies. My favourite is the rant about Doug Phillips (who is a tool). Enjoy, and welcome to Free Jinger!

Edited to add: I thought there was a more recent Brandy thread from a week or so ago, when she turned up on Twitter, but couldn't find it. Ended up bumping up this older thread because the title was appropriate. Maybe a thread merge is in order?

Here you are: viewforum.php?f=34

oh my...I really want to tell her to forget the religious soul-searching for awhile and just get their house in order, find some friends etc.

Here we go again! I'll place my bet on her closing it down no later than June.

That's so optimistic of you! :dance: :lol:

Wow! She's really back. She has a new baby. They've had some really hard times and lived in a homeless shelter for a while.

She had some interesting things to say about Jason's family but I'm still not clear on why that didn't work out.

She's sticking with the "unschooling" though.

Can you imagine what those poor girls are thinking? The oldest particularly is old enough to realize that this kind of transient lifestyle and ever changing identities is not "normal". They wake up never knowing where they will live or even who their parents will be and what kind of lifestyle they will live. Motels, campgrounds, peoples' houses, homeless shelters, this state, now that state. Today mom's a strict, fundamentalist Christian, today she's a hippie with dread locks that says "fuck". Today we are living with grandparents and aunts, today we are never talking to any of them again.

Unbelievable. They need to get their fucking acts together.

Brandy's sounds normal now and I truly hope she makes it. But she and her husband have some mental issues in the past that prevented any type of stability so they had a very nomadic existence on the fringes of poverty.

Thank goodness she's come around on the issue of public assistance. It will make a huge difference in her life. If she could get the girls in school, at least they would get two meals a day at the school.

I was really surprised by Brandy's new blog posts. Given what her last blogs covered and everything happening in their lives, neither post was at all what I expected. That is the most logical her posts have been in a very, very long time (and damn, did I debate over using logical to describe them...maybe coherent or possibly honest would be better??). I truly hope things improve for that family, particularly for the sake of her children.

Glad she had a moment of clarity about the thousands of dollars in wheatberries being a terrible, horrible, rotten idea. The money could have paid for housing that 3 weeks they were homeless in that tent. I don't have much hope that they will stay rational and sane, they never do. Those poor kids. If they were sane those kids would be in public school. She needs to get a job as well. She has a baby, yes, but she could get one of those jobs where you work from home.

Wow, she sounds extremely sensible.

I have so given up judging people, and so I won't pass any judgement on Brandy and Jason.

I am very happy for them they seem to be through with the hard times and hope they can rebuild their lives.

I wish Brandy well. She made the right decision by realising that the government help she refused in the past was actually something that could really help her family.

I wish her well too, she deserves it... But I would really like her girls to get a proper education. Gabriella always seemed to be such a smart child !

Glad she had a moment of clarity about the thousands of dollars in wheatberries being a terrible, horrible, rotten idea. The money could have paid for housing that 3 weeks they were homeless in that tent. I don't have much hope that they will stay rational and sane, they never do. Those poor kids. If they were sane those kids would be in public school. She needs to get a job as well. She has a baby, yes, but she could get one of those jobs where you work from home.

Amen on going to public school and getting some kind of structure in their lives. She indicated that the worst thing about their 3 months in the homeless shelter was having to get up at 6 a.m. every morning. She said they never got up that early. The shelter did not let them hang around all day. They had to get up and out in the morning and return by 6 p.m. If those girls were in school, they would have had something to do besides hang out with Brandy in the library.

But I am always hopeful for Brandy. Maybe she qualified for some kind of public assistance for medical care and is getting psychiatric help. She never left their trailer when they lived in Wyoming. I figured she was agoraphobic, but then again, I think

a lot of fundies are. They don't want to leave the house, so they claim it's a part of their religious beliefs.

Archived