IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

Haven't watched yet, but had to admit - each and every one of the cakes I've attempted for my kids' birthdays has been a flop. I have this awesome creation planned out weeks or months in advance. I even make a few practice cakes. Then, when the real day arrives, I get so flustered and nervous about everything being PERFECT, that I totally fuck up the entire thing. :oops:

I can't believe I may be on Anna's side here. :shock: :oops:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was puzzled when I heard they bought a ton of box cake mixes for the party- until I saw the episode and realized the labels on the boxes were not blurred. Total product placement. Blech.

Haven't watched yet, but had to admit - each and every one of the cakes I've attempted for my kids' birthdays has been a flop. I have this awesome creation planned out weeks or months in advance. I even make a few practice cakes. Then, when the real day arrives, I get so flustered and nervous about everything being PERFECT, that I totally fuck up the entire thing. :oops:

I can't believe I may be on Anna's side here. :shock: :oops:

Haha I'm the same...my cakes are never as nice as I want them....but there are a few differences...mainly that I work and study, so making cakes isn't my primary purpose like it is for Anna. Also, at least I don't need a mix, and if something went wrong I'd be open about ordering one in...or maybe I'd do it from the start if it was for a big event. I also wouldn't set my expectations ridiculously high.

I guess maybe the rainbow one was the smash one though which was separate.

I was puzzled when I heard they bought a ton of box cake mixes for the party- until I saw the episode and realized the labels on the boxes were not blurred. Total product placement. Blech.

They didn't blur them, but I still couldn't see what they were...they didn't do a close up

For those of you who have not seen the new episodes, gtaboy107 has uploaded them.

Yes they are on youtube, that's where I watch them.

For convenience's sake:

iY6PcwfO_oU

F3IenRbyfmg

Those are misnumbered, aren't they? Oh well, who cares.

They didn't blur them, but I still couldn't see what they were...they didn't do a close up

For those of you who have not seen the new episodes, gtaboy107 has uploaded them.

Yes they are on youtube, that's where I watch them.

20 boxes of cake mix? WTF??? There's 12 servings per box. That's 240 servings! How many people were at this party?? And what happened to shopping at Aldi? Apparently Josh doesn't share his father's cheapskate ways.

20 boxes of cake mix? WTF??? There's 12 servings per box. That's 240 servings! How many people were at this party?? And what happened to shopping at Aldi? Apparently Josh doesn't share his father's cheapskate ways.

Aldi cake mixes are actually really good!

It looked like Cub Foods or Shop 'n' Save or maybe a smaller Kroger.

L

Her parents were pretty relaxed about the speeding ticket. I suspect that's why she told them on camera - Boob didn't seem happy. 21 is pretty early to get your first speeding ticket. I've never had one at all. Funny how fundies are SO STRESSED out about wearing trousers or kissing but breaking the law is a-ok.

Sounds like she's allowed to go out and about to births on her own though, which is interesting.

Jill has a job-job? I'm surprised Boob lets her out of the house.

I got pulled over for speeding when I was 21, just a warning. I've been pulled over 3 times for speeding, three different states (MN, IA, SD) and no tickets. I did get a ticket last year for no seat belt. It was on the 28th and I think the cop was trying to meet his monthly quota. :lol:

He'll turn into a cheapskate once the TLC gravy train comes to a screeching halt.

Jill has a job-job? I'm surprised Boob lets her out of the house.

Jill's like the model prisoner in an old movie serving 25 to Life who has passed his 20th year and is allowed to work as the prison trusty running errands into town for the warden. She's the one Boob least suspects would make a run for it.

So, did Michael (or Mackenzie when it was her birthday) have any little friends about on their birthday? OTHER Than the Aunts and Uncles!

I mean I'm not the greatest social butterfly either, but heck if I had kids I would at least be trying to go to playgroups and such to give the kids friends their own age outside of the family, and even for myself.... I suspect Anna is a very judgey person from the things I've heard, about her standing back and staring when people meet them etc.

So, did Michael (or Mackenzie when it was her birthday) have any little friends about on their birthday? OTHER Than the Aunts and Uncles!

I mean I'm not the greatest social butterfly either, but heck if I had kids I would at least be trying to go to playgroups and such to give the kids friends their own age outside of the family, and even for myself.... I suspect Anna is a very judgey person from the things I've heard, about her standing back and staring when people meet them etc.

Anna said in the episode that as well as the huge family, they also have a lot of friends who will be attending. I didn't see many of those friends...maybe that was for privacy reasons though. Looked like just a bunch of howlers though, other than the cake doctor. No friends for Anna's kids, either way.

Jill's like the model prisoner in an old movie serving 25 to Life who has passed his 20th year and is allowed to work as the prison trusty running errands into town for the warden. She's the one Boob least suspects would make a run for it.

Actually, you're probably right. She has always seemed more preachy and smug and more of a believer. That's probably why. Disgusting. I really hope she wises up and drives off.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, you're probably right. She has always seemed more preachy and smug and more of a believer. That's probably why. Disgusting. I really hope she wises up and drives off.

This show just seems to increase in madness from ep to ep at the moment...

I was seriuosly waiting for an interview with either "parent" when Jill announced her speeding-ticket:

"Jill is my...uhm...Jill is such a precious yong lady...she's my daughter....Jill is such a sweet person and for her to have gotten her first (insert giggle if J'mullet) speeding-ticket was just so special and to think just in time for her 21st birthday, it was such a blessing, she's such a precious young lady, so special etc."

Am I the only one who is hoping really, really hard that that absurdly awkward Jonathan Hartono is not beeing pushed as a husband to any of the girls?

I really hope that growing up with JB hasn't left them thinking that "awkward" is an important "character-quality" in men.

They might be as indoctrinated as everyone else we've seen on the show, but I can't help beeing a little happy that a number of non-family young people seem to be hanging out at the compound now and in some of the garden shots from J'Mikey's birthday there seemed to be quite a crowd, at least it seems the Duggars are not going the Maxwell-route and excluding any alien that might impose on their preciuos family.

There were actually rainbow colored cakes in the background when the put the big cake together. The whole thing was staged. hence, why so many boxes of cake mix were needed. Planned on "messing up' the first cake and have to bring in a cake doctor to fix it. And, not only was the one boy licking off the counter, he was walking on the same counter.

Oddly enough, when we were first married, hubbie and I took a cake decorating class together. It was loads of fun, and we wanted to someday be able to decorate our own kids cakes. A few years ago, my SIL made a cake for her sons first birthday. The woman had never taken a course (but is an excellent cook). She and her daughter even made the fondant from scratch. The cake was many layered, and beautiful. they had researched how to do it before hand.

My husband was also horrified by JimBob and crew bullying people who were afraid of roller coasters to get on them. Yeah, bullying. Jim Bob and many of his children come off as bullies in many episodes.

The cheese sauce on the chicken in a biscuit was disgusting. The biscuits themselves not so bad. I've made empenadas and such with left over chicken. But canned cheese sauce? Why not just some grated cheese on top. At least there was fresh fruit on the side.

And, that was not a nice private birthday moment with Jill and her parents, they taped the damn thing for the show.

The title for next week's episode is "Fencing & Fireworks." I wonder how they are going to spin the "4th of July celebration that happened in June and got the fire marshal called on them" situation. Also, I hope they are talking about building a fence, because the thought of the Howlers learning the sport of fencing terrifies me.

Oh please no. The last thing those children need are swords. Then again, we've already seen them firing bb guns. The lack of safety precautions in this family scares the hell out of me. I'm rather surprised that we haven't seen more serious injuries (aside from that poor kid who fell in the orchestra pit).

Also, add me to those who were completely grossed out by the boy licking the counter top. I can't believe people willingly eat anything cooked in that house. Between the walking on tables and counters, Michelle sitting a child in a dirty diaper on the counter, and the number of germy hands coming in contact with the food, I'd be afraid catching something.

Oh please no. The last thing those children need are swords. Then again, we've already seen them firing bb guns. The lack of safety precautions in this family scares the hell out of me. I'm rather surprised that we haven't seen more serious injuries (aside from that poor kid who fell in the orchestra pit).

Also, add me to those who were completely grossed out by the boy licking the counter top. I can't believe people willingly eat anything cooked in that house. Between the walking on tables and counters, Michelle sitting a child in a dirty diaper on the counter, and the number of germy hands coming in contact with the food, I'd be afraid catching something.

I feel like everytime a duggar girl is given a weapon, she gets a creepy sex talk from her father in the presence of another man... (ok maybe it was just that one time, but seriously.. EW Jboob) Who is up next?

Jill is young and attractive... and she still got a ticket? I never got a ticket until i was a bit older with a kid. I always just got 'warnings' from the nice policemen ;)

ETA omg just watched the episodes on youtube. Jchelle said she hadn't gotten any tickets until she married doofus-I mean Jim Bob. I bet she used to do like I did before marriage and kids, act like a dingbat and flirt with the cops and walk off scott-free with a warning ;) ;) ;)

Finished watching the birthday ep on YouTube, haven't had the strength to attempt the other one yet. I agree with the many salient points that others have made, but my wtf was about the grill. They put it in when they built the house (how many years have they been there now?), and it's never been used? Who spends thousands of dollars to install a permanent outdoor kitchen/grill area and then never uses it? What's the effing point?

I watched the birthday episode and Anna is making a rainbow cake as a smash cake. I don't think they bought the cakes either (Johanna is handling fondant when the friend who saved the day comes in).

I can't believe a 10 yo would act like that O_o

Poor Michael, did not feel like eating cake and Anna putting cake in his mouth. I can't believe they bought cake mix (how much have they spent????) can't they make stuff from scratch? Is it forbidden in the Bible?

Not to worry, I'm pretty sure the fencing in next week's title does not refer to swords. I recall Josh posting a photo of fencing materials on Instagram in the summer. My guess is another "look at how handy Josh is!" segment, where JD and Joseph do the actual work.

As far as the unused grill goes, they didn't buy it-TLC gave it to them when they finished the house. As to why they haven't used it, my guess is that Jim Bob is too cheap to buy meat. Have we ever seen those kids eating meat, other than ground turkey in TTC? I'm willing to bet that the younger kids have never had a steak in their lives. Don't ever recall seeing meat in the cart on any of those grocery shopping segments either. Tyson is in their area and likely has some sort of factory store. Guess they load up on cheap chicken and turkey- probably the stuff that is inches away from being expired.

Archived