IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I am surprised that Josh didn't buy the hamburger in a tube but the good stuff. I also think that the hot dogs he bought were Hebrew National. He did buy better food than Pa Duggar.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I so neeeed to see this cake (I think!)

ETA I asked my friend Mr Google Images and found a photo of the cake on some daft fan-blog. It looks really nice but I bet it will be too sickly-sweet even for me.

They bought boxes of cake mix? Idiots.

watching episode 12 on demand, just became available. Josh looks so awfully unhealthy. I feel like he must be very unhappy to have gained that much weight in three years. He must be well into the 230s by now. It looks to me like food is his comfort.

Oh I so neeeed to see this cake (I think!)

The cake that came from the bakery was very cute.

The mess Anna and the rest of the Duggars made was thrown out. Or put on the floor for the howlers to lap at.

And while they all pretended the bakery cake was the cake made by Anna and the rest of the Duggars, the TLC staff - who probably had a bakery cake on stand by - seemed to want us to know they were all lying about it, because the bakery cake was beautiful rainbow layers and Anna's mess was all chocolate and vanilla.

It was actually pretty funny.

The mess Anna and the rest of the Duggars made was thrown out. Or put on the floor for the howlers to lap at.

And while they all pretended the bakery cake was the cake made by Anna and the rest of the Duggars, the TLC staff - who probably had a bakery cake on stand by - seemed to want us to know they were all lying about it, because the bakery cake was beautiful rainbow layers and Anna's mess was all chocolate and vanilla.

Ah thank you for the background, no wonder it looked really nice :lol:

I just laughed so loudly at this I made my cat jump.

7am already? I really must go and get ready for work...!

The Duggars try to bake a three layer cake scene was just ick have they never heard of foodborn illness? Letting kids lick raw cake batter off a countertop is just begging for a case of salmonella. Also a three layer sheet cake is not that complicated , well not unless you're the Duggar brand of speshul. I guess watching a cooking show and getting a few ideas that way would somehow be defrauding. The cake served was obviously store bought since you could see rainbow layers when Anna and the rest of them baked chocolate and vanilla, also the cake was covered in fondant when Anna was trying to use regular icing, they must think their audience is brain-dead. Josh as the grill master was laughable. Hey dumbshit instead of dumping a bunch of your secret seasoning on top of the burgers once they are on the grill try mixing it in when you're making the patties you get evenly flavored patties that way. Also anyone else cringe watching one of the howlers take Michael down the bouncy house with the slide? Anyone else notice the kids weren't being supervised, and weren't being made to wait until one person cleared the slide before another went down it?

I always wonder... but what did she do all day the first year of her marriage? Maybe it's because I'm so busy but I always feel like cooking and if I had some time to myself I would totally bake and cook more (and particularly if I had someone to share this food with!). She had time to get much better at cooking, and she did what? (not even volunteer work).

oh,and jill gets a cross necklace. how many does she have?

back to michael's cake, what drugs do you think were given to michelle to make her compliment anna?

surely you can't expect the Duggars to actually REMEMBER what they give their children on their birthdays...

I just have this vision of there being one cross necklace that they wrap up for each kid on his/her bday and then snag it when they're not looking and rewrap it for the next kid!

I am surprised that Josh didn't buy the hamburger in a tube but the good stuff. I also think that the hot dogs he bought were Hebrew National. He did buy better food than Pa Duggar.

but... Hebrew National is jew food! Then again, we are the chosen people, so that makes us the chosen hotdogs?

I always wonder... but what did she do all day the first year of her marriage? Maybe it's because I'm so busy but I always feel like cooking and if I had some time to myself I would totally bake and cook more (and particularly if I had someone to share this food with!). She had time to get much better at cooking, and she did what? (not even volunteer work).

she peed on a stick everyday. what else was there for her to do?

but... Hebrew National is jew food! Then again, we are the chosen people, so that makes us the chosen hotdogs?

Gothard doesn't allow Pork--they keep Old Testament food laws to some extent.

How old is Justin? He has to be old enough to control himself! It was gross watching him lick batter off the countertop. What civilized family would consider this appropriate? Guess it would cut down on cleanup. Hey kids lick the kitchen!

:shock: :naughty:

The cake was pretty cute. :)

Was that the same countertop that the howlers routinely walk on?

she peed on a stick everyday. what else was there for her to do?

Didn't Anna work at the carlot (well Josh said help but she probably worked more then him) before she had Mac? I remember she said she helped organize, do paperwork and some book keeping. I bet that is why Josh has to have 2 office employees now because Anna isn't at the lot anymore and we all know he doesn't do any real work.

I thought last night they camera shots were really trying to throw the Duggars under the bus.

In the craft store, Anna while picking up birthday plates says something like , it is hard because kids get interested in so many things that they aren't buying. Mac asks for $1.99 packs of party poppers. Anna rolls the cart by as Josh fills up the cart with all the packs. Besides spending at least $30 on poppers, aren't they not recommened for kids under 6. I'm sure glad we didn't see the howlers shotting them at close range at each other.

I would love to know the total for that birthday(I know TLC paid) but it had to be $2k and it was kind of plain but all the junk added up. Im sure the 2 store trips were close to $600-700. Then the machine rentals were for 2 days and we all know the cake was professionally done.

Jill's 21st birthday? Mom and dad love me and got me my favorites. Michelle and JB "we know all our kids favorites and try and make them have a special day". 21st birthday= bag of candy??? and a cross. A bag of candy?? Okay I didn't expect a car but I was hoping for at least some pretty scrubs for her new profession, maybe a nice professional bag to carry with her medical supplies. At 21 I was graduating from college the same week so I remember my parents helping pay for a bed , vacuum and a few necessities for my first place.

I still don't see any point in the second episode? A large family visits. At least 10 different people talk about the numbers of kids and they eat. Next segment they go to the same amusement park and ride the same ride (remember Jill tried to get Sean to ride it last season) and talk about motion sickness. We heard about how the bigger family ADOPTED some kids again to make sure we remember Michelle birthed them all and that the Query mom is a widow and JB is a great guy who is a father figure again.

Now I think the only way to save the show is to go Kardashian style and have funny scripted moments. I'll admit when nothing else is on I watch a rerun of the K family. Watching poor Bruce sleep in the garage, or the kids pretending to smoke, or the family chicken loose in the house is a throwback to the lost family sitcoms of the 80's. Josh is his chef's hat was funny. Amy and Joy could play pranks. The Duggars need to be semi-scripted because real life is so repetetive. I can't imagine wanting to live it. Watching it is hard enough.

They got Jill a cross necklace and a bag of candy for her 21st birthday???

Im sure they get enough money from being on TV to get her a bit more than that, and maybe something actually personal to her. I bet each Duggar girl has at least a few of them and thats the standard birthday present (I noticed McKynzie had one too on her birthday). I guess because all their parents know about them is that theyre a girl and Christian, its an easy thing to get.

Justin's antics in the kitchen? The kid is 9 or 10. That's just unacceptable. There's a huge difference between "boys have a lot of energy to burn", and that kind of behaviour. TLC really is throwing them under the bus.

Jill's necklace looked like it came from Wal-Mart. It still had the price tag attached. Real classy, Jim Bob! No offense to people who shop at Wal-Mart, but with Jim Bob's money, would it have killed him to go to a nice jewelry store and get something really special for his daughter's 21st birthday? I guess it is more important to save the money for really important things, like wrapping the bus for Akin's campaign. :evil:

There are no descriptions up for next week's episode(s). If it is the season finale, you'd think TLC would promote it, but evidently they don't waste commercial time on the Duggars anymore. It seems like they are quietly running through the canned footage, and then they will quietly pull the plug.

ETA: Just checked TV Guide online. Next week there is one new episode, and one repeat. The following week there is a one hour episode. Season/series finale? No descriptions available.

I learned to make a three layer cake from scratch in Public School. They are easy to make.

I think the cake was not bakery bought. I think she had professional help making it.

The base cake was the chocolate/white . This is the one we saw her failing at.

The smash cake was made out of the multi colored cakes we saw laying out before she started frosting.

The name blocks and the number 1 were made of rice crispy treats.

I think the cake doctor put together and decorated the smash cake, the blocks, and the name blocks while the main cake was in the freezer.

Oh, good to know! Oh Gothard.. you crazypants.

The pig is a blessed food animal to me, but if I'm going to have a hotdog, I'm going with Hebrew National or Nathan's. They just taste better. :mrgreen:

And WTF is up with smash cakes? I just don't get it. Baking an entire cake so a toddler can destroy it just for a photo op?

I don't get it either, but if FB is any indication it's definitely a thing. If I wanted a pic of my kid with food smeared all over their face, I definitely wouldn't waste my time and/or money on some special cake. I'd just give them a piece of the regular cake and let them go at it.

And WTF is up with smash cakes? I just don't get it. Baking an entire cake so a toddler can destroy it just for a photo op?

Nothing like teaching good manners...............and we know :roll: how "well mannered"" Duggar children all are.

Kkkkristina just did that with her twins. Come on, if you want them to eat cake make an individual cupcake. I guess the Bible does not say anything about wasting food... :doh:

I hate the whole smash cake thing also. Give them a piece of cake or a cupcake out on the patio if you think you have to do that.

Archived