IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 4: HAY-MAYUN!

DaisyD

10 hours ago, waltraute said:

Astoria - land of the Goonies! Oh and Lewis & Clark etc... and one scary bridge.

I LOVE driving over that bridge!

9 hours ago, Texas Heifer said:

Fun fact--Bro Texas and I went to Cape Disappointment and Dismal Nitch on our honeymoon...to get the dismal and disappointing parts of marriage out of the way immediately. Well. That was the plan, anyway. Hahahaaaaaaa :kitty-shifty:

Just south of Lincoln City is Cape Foulweather. The fog descends at the sign for it, wether or not the rest of the coast is foggy. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, folks, it's story time.

Tonight my regular exit at a highway interchange was blocked off due to an accident. As a result, I was forced to get on the highway the opposite way that I intended to go to avoid a second accident. For background, I moved in May and I'm still finding my way around. What followed was a good two hours of driving around aimlessly, trying to follow Siri's directions in the dark, through neighborhoods I'd never been in and turns I kept missing because it was dark outside and other driver's are pushy. I ended up in a less-than-desirable neighborhood, and as I was trying to find my way back onto a main road, I saw a red building that had been graffitied with white, ten-foot high letters that spelled out two words:

WEEN. WEENER.

Yes, spelled that way. Hay-mayun! Praise Rufus! I seriously considered trying to get a photo, but I think you'll understand why just the story had to do. 

Sis. Viola

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ok, folks, it's story time.

Tonight my regular exit at a highway interchange was blocked off due to an accident. As a result, I was forced to get on the highway the opposite way that I intended to go to avoid a second accident. For background, I moved in May and I'm still finding my way around. What followed was a good two hours of driving around aimlessly, trying to follow Siri's directions in the dark, through neighborhoods I'd never been in and turns I kept missing because it was dark outside and other driver's are pushy. I ended up in a less-than-desirable neighborhood, and as I was trying to find my way back onto a main road, I saw a red building that had been graffitied with white, ten-foot high letters that spelled out two words:

WEEN. WEENER.

Yes, spelled that way. Hay-mayun! Praise Rufus! I seriously considered trying to get a photo, but I think you'll understand why just the story had to do. 

Sis. Viola

Clearly The Lord wanted you to see the writing on the wall, so He caused the accident that made you get lost and then led you straight to the wall, Sister Viola.

Hally-Lewyer.

Sister Black

On 2/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, MsSaylor said:

I wonder if sis Becks likes the weens too? 

Well, she liked him enough to marry him. :text-lol:

On 15/02/2018 at 1:45 AM, DaisyD said:

I hope you get a chance to try Momiji. We eat there at least once a day when we're in Lincoln City. There's a few on the coast and one in Salem. Well worth it.

Now I'm off to petition @Curious to make the sick reputation not be a downvote. I've wanted to use it on nearly every post in this thread today. 

The sick reputation is already not a downvote - it’s neutral, so use away!

This is the post in which @Curious announced the change: 

9 hours ago, waltraute said:

I'm really showing my age here, but for those of you near Lincoln City Oregon, anyone remember PixieLand, the amusement park?

Alas, we only started visiting there a few years ago. We do still occasionally go to Enchanted Forest just outside Salem. My grandma has lived there for forever so we've been going there since in was a kid.

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

The sick reputation is already not a downvote - it’s neutral, so use away!

This is the post in which @Curious announced the change: 

That's what I get for having a real life. I missed that announcement. Thank you!

11 hours ago, waltraute said:

I'm really showing my age here, but for those of you near Lincoln City Oregon, anyone remember PixieLand, the amusement park?

I do remember Pixieland!  We drove by it on a regular basis when I was little, but never went in (we may have been too poor, but the sign provided fodder for my imagination).  We had a dog named Pixie, too!  And I had a pixie haircut.  Sensing a theme here...

I signed up for a run across the Astoria-Megler Bridge (the starting line was at Dismal Nitch, IIRC), but it was cancelled due to a tornado of all things!  Eventually I'll amble across that bridge.

We love to visit that whole coastal area.

I've never walked the bridge. It spooks me driving over it. Pixieland was fun but short lived. The Pixie Kitchen restaurant lasted longer. I too had a pixie haircut!

I, too, have a pixie haircut.  I guess we’d better be careful about the restroom we use at Walgreens, then.  All the Bro GHaws out there might be lead to believe we’re men walking into a women’s restroom.

If we were true women, we’d be letting our hair grow long, be wearing long skirts, and cookin’ up weens and gravy with biscuits for our men-folk.

18 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Clearly The Lord wanted you to see the writing on the wall, so He caused the accident that made you get lost and then led you straight to the wall, Sister Viola.

Hally-Lewyer.

Sister Black

The only logical conclusion that can be drawn here is that there is a Brother Gary street gang out there, and this is its tag. 

5 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I, too, have a pixie haircut.  I guess we’d better be careful about the restroom we use at Walgreens, then.  All the Bro GHaws out there might be lead to believe we’re men walking into a women’s restroom.

If we were true women, we’d be letting our hair grow long, be wearing long skirts, and cookin’ up weens and gravy with biscuits for our men-folk.

What happens if you wear long skirts and have a pixie cut? Does the universe implode or something?

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

What happens if you wear long skirts and have a pixie cut? Does the universe implode or something?

It would be a certain sign of the apocalypse.

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

It's like trying to divide by 0. Or, perhaps, that what happens when you strap a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back and then drop the cat.

11 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Isn’t this basically a description of Erika Shupe with her ‘whispy’ hair and long crotch-guards? Before she started wearing trousers. I wonder if she has started to grow her hair long now that everything is topsy-turvy?

Y'all I just got my hair cut into a bob, but I'm still wearing my normal wardrobe, which today is a maxi skirt paired with a high-necked sweater.  

If any disasters, anomalies, or warning signs of impending doom occur, I am deeply sorry.   I did not spend time to consider how my new haircut might ruin the lives of other people (typical Jezebel behavior, right here).

I love new haircuts! I hope you are swishing your hair and walking with a bit of a wiggle, and generally feeling great!

5 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I love new haircuts! I hope you are swishing your hair and walking with a bit of a wiggle, and generally feeling great!

Thanks!  I keep flipping it because I love the movement!!!  I'm fortunate enough to have a sister who is a serious hair wizard.  My hair was MESSED UP when I went to her.  No, seriously.  I had dyed it black, then several months later tried to go chocolate brown with a box dye.  This meant that instead of turning my hair chocolate brown, it reinforced the black in the length while providing some vibrantly chocolate roots.  Generally, that's pretty much a hair color death sentence where your options are either go black all over or grow it out or chop it all off.  None of which I wanted.

But my sister took a look at my hair in several lights, and with a cut and an ingenious balayage turned my hair from "Who tried to reinterpret cubism on this poor woman's head?" to a renaissance painting with dimension and lighting!  

Amazing! I wish your hair wizard sister could take a look at Sister Becky’s hair. It always adds to the sense of being a bit downtrodden and bedraggled. I’d love her to get a cut/colour that makes her feel glam, and glasses that she loves and doesn’t have to take off for photos. 

Hey folks, which one of you hacked a video of G-Haw that is not "a prove"?

video.jpg

On 2/15/2018 at 11:20 AM, purplepeony said:

Saw this photo and first thought that Bro Gary would love it for valentines days, then realised it was no where disgusting enough for him to enjoy it as no gravy:

hotdog.jpg

I am in love with this!  Absolutely going to torture Works Boy making this and putting it in a hamburger bun.  Thank for the ammo, he's been zinging me too much lately and needs punishment!

On 2/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, Jellybean said:

Isn’t this basically a description of Erika Shupe with her ‘whispy’ hair and long crotch-guards? Before she started wearing trousers. I wonder if she has started to grow her hair long now that everything is topsy-turvy?

I think Erika's always had short hair. It was short in her wedding photos (which were posted on the LFOP page before it was deleted). I think she said somewhere that she doesn't suit long hair, or that she just doesn't like it. Her mom also has short hair. Before they dived headlong into the crazy, Melanie had short hair, which then was grown long. Now they're out of the crazy, I think Melanie has a bob. Karen always had fairly long hair, although it is now shorter than it was. 

Also: I was looking at Part 3 of this series and just came across the photo of the be-penised toy flamingo I posted, having googled pink weenies. It reminded me that, in the back of the charity shop I volunteer for (so where the stock is sorted out), there is a box labelled DUCK WITH A DICK, complete with toy. It is exactly as it sounds. Given that a lot of mothers with their young kids come into the shop, I am not surprised that's in the back. It's been there quite a while, I assume the manager has no idea what to do with it.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:49 PM, mango_fandango said:

in the back of the charity shop I volunteer for (so where the stock is sorted out), there is a box labelled DUCK WITH A DICK, complete with toy. It is exactly as it sounds. 

Is it weird that I find this hilarious and kind of want one for myself (or at least want to see it)? (Should probably add that I collect ducks.) 

Sis Lilly, who is definitely going to hell for this one. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived