IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

My sister still calls me sissy to this day. My niece also calls me aunt sissy, I don’t think she actually knows my real name.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do love a light kitchen cabinet, I wish the space had more color in general. Floors that dark will show everything (light puppy hair included) and a brown stain on the floor would've made the the space feel much more homey IMO. That being said, this was a big project and I hope they got what they wanted!

I like her kitchen. I'm not a big fan of the floor (too dark) or countertops (would prefer wood), but I love the isle and all the space there is. I would love to have kitchen in this size!

Whit and Zach seem to be really hard workers and I think they did a great job. I can't wait to see the rest of the house.

While I do love a light kitchen cabinet, I wish the space had more color in general. Floors that dark will show everything (light puppy hair included) and a brown stain on the floor would've made the the space feel much more homey IMO. That being said, this was a big project and I hope they got what they wanted!

You can tell that Whitney spends a lot of time on Pinterest because the dark floors and greige are all the rage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the kitchen in general but the floors are too dark for my taste, a dark more "woody" feel with be better in my view. The barn door is not my thing at all. I personally rather have a separate kitchen and a dining room/living room combo. However, this room is still OK for being open plan and doesn't feel like it doubles as a gymnasium which is the case sometimes. 

I will add that people with small children love open kitchens so they can watch their children while they cook. But I have a closed in kitchen and I have a baby gate on it because I can't stand my children in my kitchen while I'm cooking or cleaning. It's wonderful. And it's almost impossible to keep them out if you have Whitney's kitchen. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will add that people with small children love open kitchens so they can watch their children while they cook. But I have a closed in kitchen and I have a baby gate on it because I can't stand my children in my kitchen while I'm cooking or cleaning. It's wonderful. And it's almost impossible to keep them out if you have Whitney's kitchen. 

Children spread all their shit... I mean toys, more easily in an open plan room in my view. My kids are little monsters and run all over the place but at least I can tell them to get the f- out if they are in the kitchen now. A couple of weeks ago they started an informal soccer game in the kitchen while I was cooking and neither had any compassion for my view that this was inappropriate. The little one got so angry that dad had to start youtube and let him watch some clips to calm down. 

I love the kitchen, but not the barn door. That's a fad that I'll never get, it looks too country for me.

I wonder how many times Lawson made them take that group photo so he looked ~just perfect~ in it. 

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would get rid of a window when they renovate. But I need lots of light to be happy, so maybe it's just me? 

I actually prefer the before kitchen.  I like the white cabinets better than dark, but the before kitchen looks more cozy and home-like to me. I agree that the new one is pretty much sensory overload. It's too shiny: shiny counters, shiny brick tile, shiny fridge, shiny floors. I couldn't relax in there. 

I would kill for that much space and storage in a kitchen, but no open concept for me. I need to be by myself in a room sometimes, and it's hard to get that in open concept unless you go to your bedroom, which feels kind of like you're hiding from everyone. The non-open concept living room or kitchen is a happy medium for me---other people can potentially walk in talk to you for a bit, but you're not forced to be with them all the time. 

When it comes to floor plan this house is very similar to what I like: https://www.boporten.se/till-salu/4OOBI317VFAJ0215/#bilder, a square kitchen and a bigger combined room (in this case it is obvious that it used to be two rooms that have been opened up). Actually this whole house is pretty much what I would like to own. I don't want a huge house so I am not bothered by the small bedrooms, as long as they fit a bed and some toys for the kids that is fine by me. This house is probably a fixer upper in some respect because it is relatively cheap for the area so there is probably something that is not easily seen like drainage problems or the roof needs changing so perhaps not this particular house but this size and type. 

4 minutes ago, elliha said:

When it comes to floor plan this house is very similar to what I like: https://www.boporten.se/till-salu/4OOBI317VFAJ0215/#bilder, a square kitchen and a bigger combined room (in this case it is obvious that it used to be two rooms that have been opened up). Actually this whole house is pretty much what I would like to own. I don't want a huge house so I am not bothered by the small bedrooms, as long as they fit a bed and some toys for the kids that is fine by me. This house is probably a fixer upper in some respect because it is relatively cheap for the area so there is probably something that is not easily seen like drainage problems or the roof needs changing so perhaps not this particular house but this size and type. 

I think that looks lovely.  I would want a full bathroom upstairs, but other than that it seems very nice. 

Just now, lumpentheologie said:

I think that looks lovely.  I would want a full bathroom upstairs, but other than that it seems very nice. 

I agree, that would be perfect but in older houses like this it is almost always just a toilet and sink either downstairs or upstairs and some kind of arrangement in the basement instead so that you have two showers or two baths or one of each but not two full bathrooms. A perk with this arrangement is that if you are going somewhere and two people need to shower/take a bath you still have one place to use if you need to pee and what to do so in private.

The problem with totally removing walls, imo, is losing potential cabinet space.  I’m really practical and my kitchen has no storage space for pots and pans as it is.  I look at her kitchen and it just looks like a lot of space and no where to put stuff. Maybe the furniture the have would make a difference.

I admit it looks nicely done. But I also look at super dark wood floors and white cabinets and think how neither hide dirt well, and kids (and pets) are dirty.  I also admit that while I like the look of wooden floors, I hate that dust and hair just travels on it so easily.  I purposefully didn’t buy a house if it had wooden floors when I was in the market. 

I'm not a fan of American houses (something about them is just off to me, a bit strange I know), but for their first home it's pretty nice. Modern kitchen, flooring and wall colours. Lots of space compared to many homes. 

Yeahtwo young kids and a dog will get it dirty, but if they're comfortable there for the next few years at least I'm sure it will be nicer than renting an old house with many issues you can't fix yourself!

I like their kitchen/living room but I'm super smell sensitive. If I'm cooking in that kitchen everything will smell like food. I can't handle that. I'd have a house rule that all bedroom doors have to be closed.

Did anyone else watch the most recent Facebook live video?

In it, Whitney answered a question about having more kids. She didnt hesitate said they most definitely want more and can't wait, and then she asked Bradley "How many more siblings do you want?" (He responded two and continues to be adorable).

Personally, that makes me feel like Whitney and Zach are either planning to try and conceive shortly, or she's already pregnant. Why get your 3 year old excited about having another sibling if your actively avoiding having any more?

So the new live chat is on Youtube and they asked AGAIN if Zach and Whitney wanted more kids. Whitney said "yes, bradley do you want a couple more siblings?" And Gil added "What about 10 more?" and Zach's feet starting shaking like crazy while Whitney curled her toes in real tight. I am no body language expert but from what I do know their reactions to the questions and in addition to Gil's input indicate there is a major source of contention going on. And as soon as Gil adds that extra input BOTH of their feet point towards away from the couch. They aren't meaning to do it but these subtle microaggressions are implying they feel VERY uncomfortable about this question. I think personally it's because Whitney wants maybe 4 and Zach feels  guilty about "giving in" to his wife's wants. I am really proud of Zach. It must be hard being the first born fundie male of 19 and allowing your wife to have meaningful opinions about family size and structure. 

(Also i am stating this as an opinion not a fact, I know I could be completely wrong. Whitney may just be lucking out of pregnancy after 2 years and not breastfeeding) 

8 hours ago, crazysnark said:

So the new live chat is on Youtube and they asked AGAIN if Zach and Whitney wanted more kids. Whitney said "yes, bradley do you want a couple more siblings?" And Gil added "What about 10 more?" and Zach's feet starting shaking like crazy while Whitney curled her toes in real tight.

Wow. Gil is such a douche. Cold coffee, I know, but this comment is just plain rude. 

I hope Zach and Whitney do what's best for them and ignore Kelly and Gil.

18 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would get rid of a window when they renovate. But I need lots of light to be happy, so maybe it's just me? 

Same! I saw that and jumped over here to say "did they brick over a window?!?!" What I wouldn't do for even one more window in my place. I get so depressed in the dark, and I have all my plants crowded around the few windows that get any real light.

And something just feels weird to me about rooms like that with a lot of slick decor but not much natural light. It's like a Home Depot showroom, not a real house.

8 hours ago, crazysnark said:

So the new live chat is on Youtube and they asked AGAIN if Zach and Whitney wanted more kids. Whitney said "yes, bradley do you want a couple more siblings?" And Gil added "What about 10 more?" and Zach's feet starting shaking like crazy while Whitney curled her toes in real tight. I am no body language expert but from what I do know their reactions to the questions and in addition to Gil's input indicate there is a major source of contention going on. And as soon as Gil adds that extra input BOTH of their feet point towards away from the couch. They aren't meaning to do it but these subtle microaggressions are implying they feel VERY uncomfortable about this question. I think personally it's because Whitney wants maybe 4 and Zach feels  guilty about "giving in" to his wife's wants. I am really proud of Zach. It must be hard being the first born fundie male of 19 and allowing your wife to have meaningful opinions about family size and structure. 

(Also i am stating this as an opinion not a fact, I know I could be completely wrong. Whitney may just be lucking out of pregnancy after 2 years and not breastfeeding) 

Or Zach might not want 10 either and is afraid of telling Gil. I could very well see that say Whitney wants 3 and Zach wants 5-6 but not 10.

About talking about a getting a baby brother or sister, well, in our family we often talk about what life would be like with more kids despite us not planning to have more. Of course, we wouldn't have an abortion and an unplanned child would not be a disaster so we talk about it as a gift from god. "Mom and dad believe that they won't have more children but sometimes god has other plans and wants to give parents another child." No, we haven't gotten to the part about unplanned pregnancies being significantly more troublesome for some families and parents or rape and I am not trying to say that everyone who has an unplanned pregnancy can or even should view it as a gift from god, but for us it would be. Add the last part because I know the sometimes political and religious views attached to viewing children as gifts from god.

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Same! I saw that and jumped over here to say "did they brick over a window?!?!" What I wouldn't do for even one more window in my place. I get so depressed in the dark, and I have all my plants crowded around the few windows that get any real light.

And something just feels weird to me about rooms like that with a lot of slick decor but not much natural light. It's like a Home Depot showroom, not a real house.

After looking at the pictures more closely I can see that they bricked over the window so they could add another room on the other side of that wall, but still, it bothers me. I know nothing about renovating, but I would probably try to build up and not out in a situation like that. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived