IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Crazymamabear7 over there seems like just OODLES of fun to hang out with! Just great at parties :2wankers: :pb_rollseyes:  

I swear to Rufus, the term, 'mama bear' is almost always a red flag. Add a 'crazy' to that and the red flags double.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it'd be nice to think they'd be the one couple that might wait a little longer to have kids, I think Jeremy waited until he was good and ready to get married / have kids and he doesn't want/need a waiting period. At absolute best I would have expected a little NFP to try and time a first pregnancy to start a little under 1-year post-marriage... b/c any timing past 1 year would be super suspicious. 

1 hour ago, lomo6 said:

I find this so fascinating. I grew up in a largely secular environment with a very low divorce rate. The few divorces I witnessed almost all had some kind of mitigating factor, like alcoholism, mental illness, or - in one case - the husband coming out as gay....But I think there were more structural factors to the marital longevity, including:

(snipped for brevity)

• My ex grew up in what he described as a "white trash" environment, and his parents and pretty much all of his relatives had multiple divorces. It seemed like there was a pretty big culture of married, adult men getting drunk in bars and getting up to no good, and the women getting resentful and looking elsewhere...this dynamic is something I never witnessed growing up. The alcoholics drank in secret in their own homes and hid bottles in the basement, lol.

I think you're exactly right on the structural factors front; conservative Christianity actively encourages people to marry young, which has obviously perverse effects. Even if you do have the good judgment to marry someone who you have genuine, long-term compatibility with at that age (unlikely), it's hard to finish college, establish a career, buy a home, etc. when you're financially hamstringing yourself by getting married and having kids super young. Also, in an environment where abortion is forbidden and birth control use by unmarried people is frowned upon, you're going to see a lot of shotgun weddings. I don't know the stats on this, but anecdotally: every person I know who got married because someone was pregnant wound up divorced less than a decade later. 

As for the "white trash" environment-- I absolutely hate the term, but the dynamics your ex described are very real. Though, in North Carolina (where divorcing is onerous), you tend to see a lot of people in and out of "engagements" and cohabitating relationships at a pretty fast clip instead of actual marriages. Still pretty destructive, though. 

5 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Given that Jeremy is a pastor, I don't know that this is anything other than an object lesson to his congregation about appreciating your spouse. 

I think I'd rather her be pregnant then him be using her as a prop for one if his sermons. 

6 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I think I'd rather her be pregnant then him be using her as a prop for one if his sermons. 

I think he does this all the time hence all the cutesy "obnoxious" pictures

nothing genuine imo 

Jinger just posted a picture of a cappuccino - possibly to dispel the pregnancy rumors due to caffeine content? I know some caffeine is still allowed while pregnant, but maybe?

Crazymamabear7 doesn't seem very Christian to me. I thought there was a whole bit in the bible about being kind to one another and spreading the word to as many people as you could. But what would this CrazyAthiest7 know? :pb_rollseyes:

6 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

I swear to Rufus, the term, 'mama bear' is almost always a red flag. Add a 'crazy' to that and the red flags double.

Any time I hear the phrase "Mama Bear", I think of nutty Sarah Palin, then that leads to thinking about Tina Fey doing her Palin impression and all is right with the world again. 

7 hours ago, seraaa said:

Does she not realise...that Laredo is a border town? Like literally on the border?  So that of course there will be a co-mingling of languages? And that there were Spanish speakers in the area before Texas became part of the United States?

I cannot.

Probably not. It is like when I try to explain that the Finnish speakers that live in my region didn't move to Sweden themselves or their parents but many of them moved there before there even was an idea of this area belonging to either country. If not, at least it wasn't recent enough for them to really know who moved there in the first place.

9 hours ago, adidas said:

Just imo but the fact that the card holder is empty could be a pregnancy red flag. If they took the card out, it might mean they didn't want the message on the card to be photographed or shared. 

That's a point - but also, I'm wondering if we shouldn't heave a sigh of relief? After all, if he wrote out a card on anything vaguely 'baby' theme, it would get out, either from the florist's shop via a member of staff, or a fellow customer. There obviously was a card at the time the bouquet was wrapped as there's the holder, so whatever was written, he was happy for the florist to handle and risk them and other customers see. I'm guessing it was gushy though, as it would seem he maybe pocketed the card when he dropped the bouquet off.

All things considered, I reckon I'm headed into camp 'they're extremely affectionate and he got her some wine for the first time'. - Can't help it. I'm an optimist.

Well at least crazymamabearof7 already know to be crazy i guess is something? 

10 hours ago, Destiny said:

I literally just looked at that exact bouquet in red, pink, and yellow. It was 8 dollars, and it included the empty card holder (I think they keep cards in a stack somewhere). It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s pregnant, it means Jeremy spent 8 dollars to buy a grocery store bouquet, and more power to him for doing something nice for the wife he clearly adores.

Pregnancy seems a SERIOUS stretch to me.

Ditto to all of this. Flowers and dinner should be taken at face value, IMO. Unless and until they announce a pregnancy, I'm going with "Jeremy spent $8.99 for a few flowers to make their date night more special for Jinger." :my_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Ditto to all of this. Flowers and dinner should be taken at face value, IMO. Unless and until they announce a pregnancy, I'm going with "Jeremy spent $8.99 for a few flowers to make their date night more special for Jinger." :my_rolleyes:

Also, Jeremy, as worldly as he is, probably doesn't know shit about flower arranging/symbolism. He bought some roses in a color she liked. I doubt he was reading up on which flowers in which arrangement mean "I'm preggers" and which ones mean "I wanna get my freak on with you".

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

But but...IN Mexico? Why can't they speak Spanish in Mexico? Is everyone ever required to speak American English? :5624798050140_Im-giving-you-the-evil-ey:

I've legit heard people complain about how not enough people in X Non-Anglophone Country speak English. Which, well, because of the double-whammy of the British Empire and American military/cultural domination of the world, you're bound to find even in the remotest corners of the world at least a couple people who have some command of English, which leads to the UK and the US having some of the lowest foreign language proficiency rates in the world (though a lot of multilingual immigrants). The "everyone speaks English anyway/everyone should just speak English" mentality has stunted the minds of English speakers.

Also, I guess I understand, yet I don't understand, why learning a foreign/second language is seen as a negative thing. Even if you don't need it to survive like Spanish speakers who move to the US and have to learn English if they want to move ahead in life, it's good for your cognition and it can open a lot of doors with people. Knowing how to say at least a few things in German (I can hold a very, very basic conversation and give/receive directions), French (same as German), Spanish (took classes for six years, can understand a lot and hold a decent conversation), Mandarin (have studied for ten years, speak and read it well), Korean (I can count to ten and say hello/goodbye and thank you), and Arabic (same as Korean) has helped me meet a lot of people and help out tourists around New York and London. And I figure that all the people I talk to had to learn my language, so it's only fair that I learn some of theirs.

Standing in the check-in queue at Shanghai airport on Friday, the Australian guy I was chatting to was complaining about how little English the workers in the factory he'd visited spoke.  (He was there working for an Australian firm who had outsourced to a Chinese factory.). He said, "I just can't believe it, they don't even make an effort!"  I asked him how much Mandarin he'd learned...not surprisingly the answer was none.  

I do not seem to have a brain which works for languages, but even I never visit a country without learning the basic hello, goodby and thankyou.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

"Wee lads?" Is he trying to sound British? So confused by this...

I say things like that all the time. We all pick up patter wherever we go, I think, and also from books and films. It makes for more interesting descriptive phrasing than being required to speak only in the vernacular of your childhood home.

Also, am pleased he used semi-colons, though a comma would have done for the first one.

4 minutes ago, Karma said:

Standing in the check-in queue at Shanghai airport on Friday, the Australian guy I was chatting to was complaining about how little English the workers in the factory he'd visited spoke.  (He was there working for an Australian firm who had outsourced to a Chinese factory.). He said, "I just can't believe it, they don't even make an effort!"  I asked him how much Mandarin he'd learned...not surprisingly the answer was none.  

I do not seem to have a brain which works for languages, but even I never visit a country without learning the basic hello, goodby and thankyou.

Ugh, people like that in China drove me crazy. The most egregious example I had was a roommate who had been in Shanghai for about a year and still couldn't speak any Mandarin at all, and would bitch about how no one spoke English. Shanghai is one of those cities where you can squeak by with no Mandarin whatsoever, but I'll be damned if I didn't want to strangle him every time he needed me to take an hour off work to deal with the landlord/repair guy because he couldn't bother to learn a few pleasantries, numbers, or phrases like "this doesn't work".

Though my favorite foreign language kerfluffle story is still the Russell Peters routine about going to a KFC in China and learning that the word "that one" (which is often used like how we use "like" or "um") in Mandarin sounds a whole lot like...well...the N word.

13 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

I think all CrazyMamaBearIgnorantandProud types should be forbidden to eat any Tex-Mex Food. No burritos for you. No tacos for you. No salsa for you. Not even from 7-11 or Dairy Queen. Ever. Rufus make this happen.  [yay--more tamales for me!]

Spurgeon is always on point when it's picture time. How cute is he. Fundie Zoolander in the making?

I'm also digging the mini Uncle Fester that is Henry. Sorry Jeremy, you're 3rd cutest in that shot :my_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I'm also digging the mini Uncle Fester that is Henry. Sorry Jeremy, you're 3rd cutest in that shot :my_biggrin:

A very distant third, he might even be fourth because Henry's bowtie is epic! :P 

For sure, the wee lads are dressed to impress. What's that totem pole they're sitting on?

19 hours ago, Beyganengvall said:

Interrupting our scheduled Rampant Pregnancy Speculation to bring you the "Outrageous Instagram Comment of the Week." Congrats, crazymamabearof7! Your prize is a shiny new brain, since you're clearly missing one.

I seldom laugh out loud when reading something, but this was so tragically bizarre...I am still incredulous. Very curious If she knows the NT was written in Greek, the language of the accused gentile aggressors who had taken possession of the holy land.

It was not written in the Aramaic spoken in Israel, or in the holy Hebrew language of the Thora, but in the world language of those days, so that every gentile, criminal, temple prostitute, corrupt Roman official, and ordinary sinner in the  Roman Empire could learn about the Savior.

Now should 'illegal immigrants' not be 'catered to' by a pastor who speaks their language? If we talk about Jesus with people in the language of their hearts, are we 'bending over backwards' to 'cater to criminals'? Will God get 'darn mad' if Jinger offers her neighbor a cup of coffee in Spanish? 

Has she ever read in her Bible 'while we were still sinners, Christ died for us'. Now that is 'bending over backwards' for 'criminals'. We should not deny others the grace we live by.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived