IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

On 6/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, SuhrEnity said:

Evan makes me feel like he's the type of guy who makes duck faces at himself in his bathroom mirror. Or looks down at his penis when he's drying off after a shower and says " who's a big boy? you're a big boy"

hahahahahha you have no idea how loud I snorted when I read that hahahahha 

On 6/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, season of life said:

Bobby sure is set on moving to Tennessee and putting down roots there.

According to the Bateses instagram, there's some 'exciting news', so it looks like they'll show the Bobby moving to Tennessee episode and announce an engagement at the same time. That's my prediction.

19238623_10213205382111321_1965319574_o.jpg

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily and Ellie wrote a recap for their fan blog. Bobby is indeed moving to Tennessee and Gil offered him a position at the church. Mind you, this church has just started construction and I don't even know if Bobby will get paid. He will be living in a camper that some people from the fire department forked over.

The whole situation reminds me of Ben Seewald doing chores for Jim Boob. Bobby said he plans on proposing to Tori, so they will probably marry next. 

Gil is making sure that another daughter isn't leaving the area. Too bad, I was hoping that Tori would move to Florida. Not happening. Free camper, a job, they'll be married by September, the way they're holding hands.

I watched the episode (shame) and was depressed looking at the place Bobby is going to live. They acted like it was the promised land. It's nice that he's willing to move somewhere for his girlfriend but it seems like a step down for him. I understand making sacrifices for love but besides Gil's church, it doesn't seem like there are many ways for Bobby to build his career. Being in a busier city with more churchgoers is probably a better place to start a career as a preacher. 

Well after watching last night's episode I want to speculate a little bit about the whole pushing Bobby to move to Tennessee. I kind of wonder if Gil and Kelly really aren't changing as much as we hope they are. They saw what happened to Alyssa when she move to Florida, how much you want to bet they don't want that happening to another daughter? Tori is no Micheala. Tori seems a bit more frisky to me. I could have seen a quick turn around for her (ala Alyssa) as soon as she moved to Bobby's hometown. Ma and Pa Bates can keep tighter reigns on her when they will be living next door.

On another note, I'm glad UP is just a free preview for me for a few weeks. This show is like watching paint dry. I thought the Duggars were scripted. The Bates show is much worse to me. They try to make it seem much more family oriented, but everything is clearly staged and planned. Like next week we get to be dazzled while the girls take a self defense class. Oh goody!!! And am I the only one who gets annoyed with Gil crying and getting all sensitive over every. little. thing? I swear every couch talking head he and Kelly do he is whimpering over something. It's beginning to feel forced or schitcky.

Alrighty, I'm done whining. Clearly I've woken up with the Bates leaving a bad taste in my mouth. :pb_lol:

I was appalled that Bobby and Tori brought Gil and Kelly along to look at that camper. They could have had one of the other Bates kids come instead as a chaperone.  Bobby working for Gil makes no sense at all. How will he earn a salary  working in a church that largely doesn't exist? Moving to Tennessee is a very bad decision on his part.  Tori could have a much happier and freer life by moving to Florida after they get married.

I couldn't stop laughing when the whole idea of Bobby living in a camper came up. I've watched a few episodes of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (ugh, I know) where they live in campers full time and pictured Tori in a HUGE light up dress. 

How is Bobby going to support himself? He can't live with Tori in a camper after their marriage, can he? 

2 hours ago, season of life said:

How is Bobby going to support himself? He can't live with Tori in a camper after their marriage, can he? 

Scrub toilets as per Binjermin Seewald. Or cut down trees.

5 hours ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I couldn't stop laughing when the whole idea of Bobby living in a camper came up. I've watched a few episodes of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (ugh, I know) where they live in campers full time and pictured Tori in a HUGE light up dress. 

I just LAUGHED SO LOUD at this!

Scared everybody. 

12 hours ago, season of life said:

The one couple on Arranged lived in a camper. I hope the proposal is waiting on them afforded a home. A camper can work for a couple, but it'll be mighty crowded with babies.

6 hours ago, veron1que said:

The one couple on Arranged lived in a camper. I hope the proposal is waiting on them afforded a home. A camper can work for a couple, but it'll be mighty crowded with babies.

Psshaw. Jill R can show them how to build a baby cage.

37 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Psshaw. Jill R can show them how to build a baby cage.

Oh no, lol!

All her sisters have homes, so id assume she'd expect something similar. Still sad she isn't moving to Forida.

Just catching up here. Thought you all were joking about the camper. You know that's ALL for show to get us all talking. Bobby has surely signed a nice contract with UP. He will have a proper apartment or house by the time they are married. That could be by Thanksgiving. Bobby will probably wisk Tori back to FL once that ring is on her finger. Just gotta kiss daddy's ass until then.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:03 PM, season of life said:

The Bateseses family business, naturally.  Welcome to grifting, Bobby!   Get yourself some kids and a few musical instruments and put that hand out.  

I thought it was really weird that people were chewing gum in church...
(Michael!!!!) LOL

On the Bates family instapage, there is a picture of Kelly Jo, her dad and I guess one of her sisters? Tori looks just like her!

On 6/21/2017 at 3:55 PM, Timetraveler said:

On the Bates family instapage, there is a picture of Kelly Jo, her dad and I guess one of her sisters? Tori looks just like her!

Yes! I saw somebody saying Tori looked like one of the other relatives recently but to me she is 100% Kelly Jo. 

9 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Yes! I saw somebody saying Tori looked like one of the other relatives recently but to me she is 100% Kelly Jo. 

No I mean the relative on the right, Tori looks just like that sister! In the picture in which a young Kelly Jo is on the left and their dad in the middle.

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So is Gil the minister of the church or is he gonna give that role to Booby? 

Churches tend to have Associate Pastor(s) to help out the Pastor.

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Churches tend to have Associate Pastor(s) to help out the Pastor.

Since Gil is lazy, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to slough off the actual work on Bobby and just take credit for being in charge.

Bobby is trained in Youth Ministry. How many "youth" attend the church who aren't named Bates? 

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Since Gil is lazy, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to slough off the actual work on Bobby and just take credit for being in charge.

To be fair, it is a lot of work having to preach each Sunday. The church I go to right now does not have an Associate Pastor because my pastor's son- in- law was the Associate/ Youth/ Worship pastor and he moved from Idaho to New York. Now, my pastor is battling prostate cancer and for his sake, an associate pastor would be nice. Obviously, the job market isn't great for pastors period, but for the pastor's health, an Associate Pastor would be a godsend. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived